What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who’s booking vacations as we open up? (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
Have some carrots on the calendar. Hawaii in August, Bandon Dunes in September, Cabo in December. Can’t wait. Those should all be easy. Don’t know other continents will be accepting us sketchy Americans. What about my FBG amigos. What are you booking?

Sun Valley Idaho ski trip next month. If that goes OK, probably climbing in Vegas later this spring.

And several people lining up to visit us this Summer (on Oahu).

The timing for us with Covid was crazy. We've travelled a lot over 30 years and have seen most of the places we want to. There are a few more and even though we've been to Italy 8 or 9 times, we're always looking to go back. But we bought a condo in Boise in December of 2019 and decided that we'd stop travelling in 2020 and just spend our time between NY and Boise until we moved there full time. That turned out to be prophetic. We hope to be there fully by the summer and plan to explore Idaho some more, especially up north and to go back to Salt Lake City and Jackson WY and see Yellowstone again. The plan is to drive from NY to Boise in May, stopping in Columbus, Kansas City and Vail along the way, spending an extra day in each.  As much as we love Europe, I doubt we'll go back until probably 2023.

Kinda hard to plan anything without knowing exactly when we'll (last grouping) get the vax. What does airfare look like so far for this summer compared to pre-COVID?

Thinking of the Tetons/Wind River Range in July.  Would love to get to Patagonia in December, but too much unknown right now.  My wife got the jab (medical worker), but I haven't yet.

I have a 2,910 Euro non-refundable credit at Ambassade Hotel in Amsterdam.  I am supposed to use the credit by October 2021.  I am hoping travel restrictions lighten up by June...  I wouldn't mind chilling out in Amsterdam for a week in June.  Last year I got surprised at the airport when I found out I couldn't go to Amsterdam.... hence the non-refundable credit at the hotel. How do I keep up with what travel restrictions are in place for which countries, anyhow?  

Just got back from Costa Rica - 1/2 price first class airfare, 1/2 price 4 star hotels...it was glorious.   Only drawback was covid protocols and wearing a mask on the plane.

Vegas in March

Headed to Zion/Park City in April

Hawaii in June (first class airfare discounted)

Moved a family ski trip to lake Tahoe from New Years to late March. Have Maui booked for June, but may reschedule based on what they are doing for quarantine at the time (maybe akumal).

edit: need to see what is open in September for FFPC draft.  Might do New Orleans instead of Vegas 

Last edited by a moderator:
going to deer valley, for a week, tomorrow.  5th ski trip this season.  will probably ski somewhere in march.  went to the USVI for halloween.  will probably do HI, to see the in-laws, somewhere around may.

I have a 2,910 Euro non-refundable credit at Ambassade Hotel in Amsterdam.  I am supposed to use the credit by October 2021.  I am hoping travel restrictions lighten up by June...  I wouldn't mind chilling out in Amsterdam for a week in June.  Last year I got surprised at the airport when I found out I couldn't go to Amsterdam.... hence the non-refundable credit at the hotel. How do I keep up with what travel restrictions are in place for which countries, anyhow?  
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-netherlands

Travelling in style. :thumbup:

If you plan on seeing Ann Frank's house plan on getting tickets several months in advanced, at least that was pre-Covid.  

Thinking of the Tetons/Wind River Range in July.  Would love to get to Patagonia in December, but too much unknown right now.  My wife got the jab (medical worker), but I haven't yet.
The Tetons are certainly awesome, but give me the isolation of Wind River anytime. Climbed Pingora and Wolf’s head a couple years ago, and would love to go back to the Cirque of the Towers.

Patagonia is also spectacular. Visited the Argentinian portion but Chile looks great too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tetons are certainly awesome, but give me the isolation of Wind River anytime. Climbed Pingora and Wolf’s head a couple years ago, and would love to go back to the Cirque of the Towers.

Patagonia is also spectacular. Visited the Argentinian portion but Chile looks great too.
Heavily thinking of doing the O loop at some point.  Maybe next Christmas. 👍

For the Teton trip we'd do a 30 miler in Wind River and then some day hikes in Teton.

I have a 1100 Eur hotel credit in Dublin that I’m supposed to use by the end of July so I’m I’m kind of in the same boat.

The timing for us with Covid was crazy. We've travelled a lot over 30 years and have seen most of the places we want to. There are a few more and even though we've been to Italy 8 or 9 times, we're always looking to go back. But we bought a condo in Boise in December of 2019 and decided that we'd stop travelling in 2020 and just spend our time between NY and Boise until we moved there full time. That turned out to be prophetic. We hope to be there fully by the summer and plan to explore Idaho some more, especially up north and to go back to Salt Lake City and Jackson WY and see Yellowstone again. The plan is to drive from NY to Boise in May, stopping in Columbus, Kansas City and Vail along the way, spending an extra day in each.  As much as we love Europe, I doubt we'll go back until probably 2023.
If you are a baseball fan or history buff, the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum is a must see in Kansas City. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

I'm putting a Tanzania safari together for jan 2022 but everything else is on hold until our restrictions ease. Mandatory 3 hotel quarantine with a 2K cost applied when arriving back in Canada then the remainder of the 2 week quarantine at home .
Fingers are crossed that the restrictions are lifted or changed once we get vaccinated but so far the vaccine roll out across Canada has been horrible. 

from what i have heard from lawyers interviewed  , they expect someone to challenge the mandatory 3 day hotel quarantine as they believe its against our charter of rights but they also said they dont think that court case will get to our supreme court for 6-10 years to get a ruling on it  

Wife is doing spring break girls trip to Hawaii second half of March. 

Planning our annual trip to Willamette for Memorial Day. I am certain there will be other stuff. We're young, we don't live with any at risk folks, we take all the right precautions...the only thing holding back the flood right now is we haven't been able to get vaccinated yet (partly because of the above lol).

I mean we also did Miraval during COVID, Cancun last fall, a ski trip...

I'm really looking forward to leaving my bunker and checking out my front yard in June.  Hope to be vaccinated by then.  

Users who are viewing this thread