Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

“Cancel Culture” and “Woke”


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

I will admit it's a little odd seeing kudos to Maher from the right side of the aisle.  

I’m more of a classic Liberal, as is Maher.  This whole censorship trend is modern Leftism which is a radical departure.  When I was in college the Liberals were the ardent supporters of free speech, even to point of defending the KKK’s right to speak on campus.  We simply set up a counter demonstration and convinced people they were idiots. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rockaction said:

So that like in California when they tried to do high speed rail we got unfinished destinations from Bakersfield to Modesto? I'm serious. There was political wrangling, pork, and underserved community concerns that all went into it. Not like you couldn't go from San Diego to L.A. straight up the coast to San Francisco. No, our politics got us Bakersfield to Modesto. Pure boondoggle.

It has nothing to with cancel culture, but while @rockaction and I disagree on many subjects, we see completely eye to eye on the absurdity that has been California high speed rail. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

It has nothing to with cancel culture, but while @rockaction and I disagree on many subjects, we see completely eye to eye on the absurdity that has been California high speed rail. 

No, it was just red tape and self-interests by politicians.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, djmich said:

Modern day colonialism happening under the globes noses...but we're fighting about school names.

We've got so much guilt over our country's sins that nobody notices, or at the very least has the will, to combat China.  I don't think we will ever get it together here to combat China.  Our best hope is their centrally planned economy fails on its own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, squistion said:

Not that odd, Maher's views on Muslims for years has been more in step with the right side of the aisle. 

Given the muslim homophobic views of gays and their treatment of women that should be in step with everyone. Gays are still bring persecuted in muslim countries and tossed off of buildings.  That is OK with you?

Edited by Summer Wheat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FairWarning said:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/03/14/watch-bill-burr-now-trending-after-making-a-joke-about-feminists-and-a-white-male-doing-all-this-latino-stuff-at-the-grammys/

 

No idea who he is, but I assume he's not a lib.  If he were, and were knocking white men, it would be ok.  

Scrolled down far enough for this gem:

Bill Burr is the perfect example of why white men deserve to be kept in cages.

🧚🏽𝒶𝓈𝒽𝒾𝒶⁷ (@tomb0y_in_lace) March 14, 2021

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

in relation to this topic, the best part of Bill Burr and his IDGAF attitude is that not many people know he is married to a black woman and had mixed race children. 

Skinny, bald pasty, funny guy and his wife

I'm waiting for the day someone who doesn't know tries to call him out for being a racist over one of his bits and he destroys them.

It happened to a white friend of mine who is a teacher. The parent went all the way up the school district ladder claiming this woman was a racist and specifically hated her kids, etc. It finally got to a hearing with the BOE and superintendent where my friend walked into the meeting and put a framed photo of her family on the table....with her black husband in it. 

Edited by glvsav37
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If one squints hard enough, one might see that Grammys possibly did this all knowing the reaction they would get in a good old-fashioned publicity stunt, this time simply using the "woke" to get a trend going on Twitter. They had Bill Burr do the Latino and classical Grammys? Oh yeah, that's certainly the guy I'd pick for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good line below, and one I was typing about last night in the #metoo thread I started, in which I compared the movement to the strains of Puritanism found in the Salem Witch Trials. I actually didn't read this article and it's the first I've come across it. This is about The Bachelor and Chris Harrison.

"This is not even guilt by association. It is guilt by refusal to join in condemnation. That a person who objects to the fairness of the proceedings themselves becomes the target of suspicion is a dynamic straight out of The Crucible."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Scrolled down far enough for this gem:

Bill Burr is the perfect example of why white men deserve to be kept in cages.

🧚🏽𝒶𝓈𝒽𝒾𝒶⁷ (@tomb0y_in_lace) March 14, 2021

Articles only tell part of the story sometimes, the comments complete it.  Good find there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

in relation to this topic, the best part of Bill Burr and his IDGAF attitude is that not many people know he is married to a black woman and had mixed race children. 

Skinny, bald pasty, funny guy and his wife

I'm waiting for the day someone who doesn't know tries to call him out for being a racist over one of his bits and he destroys them.

It happened to a white friend of mine who is a teacher. The parent went all the way up the school district ladder claiming this woman was a racist and specifically hated her kids, etc. It finally got to a hearing with the BOE and superintendent where my friend walked into the meeting and put a framed photo of her family on the table....with her black husband in it. 

You think they care about the bold when something like this exists?

Straight Black Men Are the White People of Black People

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

in relation to this topic, the best part of Bill Burr and his IDGAF attitude is that not many people know he is married to a black woman and had mixed race children. 

Skinny, bald pasty, funny guy and his wife

I'm waiting for the day someone who doesn't know tries to call him out for being a racist over one of his bits and he destroys them.

It happened to a white friend of mine who is a teacher. The parent went all the way up the school district ladder claiming this woman was a racist and specifically hated her kids, etc. It finally got to a hearing with the BOE and superintendent where my friend walked into the meeting and put a framed photo of her family on the table....with her black husband in it. 

It happened with CNN, remember this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/01/15/cnn-analyst-called-out-fox-news-contributor-his-white-privilege-hes-black/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ekbeats said:

I’m more of a classic Liberal, as is Maher.  This whole censorship trend is modern Leftism which is a radical departure.  When I was in college the Liberals were the ardent supporters of free speech, even to point of defending the KKK’s right to speak on campus.  We simply set up a counter demonstration and convinced people they were idiots. 

Keep doing that and you'll be branded a conservative in no time.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not going to lie. I often see people on Twitter responding to things with memes of people not of their race and I think, "Is that really how I'd go about it?" The answer, often, is no. Doesn't mean somebody should be blackballed for doing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

I will admit it's a little odd seeing kudos to Maher from the right side of the aisle.  

Maher does a good job calling out when liberals are being ridiculous.  He always has.

Edited by supermike80
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sharon Osbourne is not a good person, so, fair or not, I’m for almost anything that cancels her. 
 
Meanwhile, I am chuckling at dopes who are crying racism about the Grammys and wanting to boycott them cause of The Weeknd snub. On the same day that Beyoncé set the record for most wins ever by a female artist. You can’t make this up. :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Sharon Osbourne is not a good person, so, fair or not, I’m for almost anything that cancels her. 
 
Meanwhile, I am chuckling at dopes who are crying racism about the Grammys and wanting to boycott them cause of The Weeknd snub. On the same day that Beyoncé set the record for most wins ever by a female artist. You can’t make this up. :lol: 

Is the hubbub simply over the fact that his record has blown up the charts, and thus should have been nominated?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Don Lemon lectures the Pope that God is not about judging people. He sounds a little like me when I'm drunk on tequila.

You're seriously too prescient and astute to waste your time watching Don Lemon. Even a word of it is a waste.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Sharon Osbourne is not a good person, so, fair or not, I’m for almost anything that cancels her. 
 
Meanwhile, I am chuckling at dopes who are crying racism about the Grammys and wanting to boycott them cause of The Weeknd snub. On the same day that Beyoncé set the record for most wins ever by a female artist. You can’t make this up. :lol: 

There is complaining about beyonce even. 

NPR piece.

Quote

You could see it coming, yet it still felt shocking: The Grammys took a moment, upon handing Beyoncé the 28th Grammy of her world-class career, to acknowledge that she'd just surpassed Alison Krauss for the most Grammys ever awarded to a female artist. (Watch your back, Georg Solti!) Unacknowledged in that moment was that Beyoncé has a long history of getting passed over for the major awards of the night; she has never won record of the year or album of the year, and she won song of the year only once, in 2010, for "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)." Scan a list of the Grammys that Beyoncé has won, and note the number of times the modifier "R&B" appears.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Is the hubbub simply over the fact that his record has blown up the charts, and thus should have been nominated?

Pretty much. 

39 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

There is complaining about beyonce even. 

NPR piece.

 

Lol, some people are just never happy. Maybe Beyoncé would win song of the year more often if she didn’t need 366 co-writers on every song. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I feel strangely better now that the Woke Police have moved on to The View, The Grammys, and The Bachelor.  They can nuke those institutions from orbit for all I care.

Me too.

This IS the majority of us, fine with nuking things we dislike or ignore, and very concerned when it affects things important to us.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

in relation to this topic, the best part of Bill Burr and his IDGAF attitude is that not many people know he is married to a black woman and had mixed race children. 

Skinny, bald pasty, funny guy and his wife

I'm waiting for the day someone who doesn't know tries to call him out for being a racist over one of his bits and he destroys them.

NSFW Language

🤣🤣  at the comment and then his wifes response

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I feel strangely better now that the Woke Police have moved on to The View, The Grammys, and The Bachelor.  They can nuke those institutions from orbit for all I care.

Or it should be really worrying that the self-styled purchasers and watchers of lowbrow reality trash and awards shows get woke at the drop of a hat and that academia and government, always leading indicators of left-wing lunacy, are either a) leading indicators or b) more severe and casting broader nets in their wokeness.

Can't be worse, can it? :(

Edited by rockaction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched that After the Rose special and I wish people could extend just a bit of grace. Hasn’t this poor girl been crucified enough? She has to do “work” now? What work?  He concedes that she’s not “irredeemable” as some sort of grand gesture? What? She didn’t kill someone. 

Edited by bigbottom
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

Just watched that After the Rose special and I wish people could extend just a bit of grace. Hasn’t this poor girl been crucified enough? She has to do “work” now? What work?  He concedes that she’s not “irredeemable” as some sort of grand gesture? What? She didn’t kill someone. 

Did you take a drink every time someone said “awesome,” “amazing,” or “incredible”? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Just watched that After the Rose special and I wish people could extend just a bit of grace. Hasn’t this poor girl been crucified enough? She has to do “work” now? What work?  He concedes that she’s not “irredeemable” as some sort of grand gesture? What? She didn’t kill someone. 

Wait...what? They made a post bachelor racism special episode? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2021 at 5:20 PM, massraider said:

Do you not follow comedians at all? Burr is pretty great, he's probably top dawg right now.

Burr is the man.  I love how he says something totally un-PC and then brings the crowd back around to his side.    I find myself agreeing with him on almost everything.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

Burr is the man.  I love how he says something totally un-PC and then brings the crowd back around to his side.    I find myself agreeing with him on almost everything.  

His Steve Jobs rant is gold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

The woke mob going after podcast host Edward H. Livingston because he said he didnt like being labeled a racist and other doctors didnt like it either is one of the more ridiculous ones. 

So now I guess folks should want to be labeled a racist?

Edited by Sand
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Just watched that After the Rose special and I wish people could extend just a bit of grace. Hasn’t this poor girl been crucified enough? She has to do “work” now? What work?  He concedes that she’s not “irredeemable” as some sort of grand gesture? What? She didn’t kill someone. 

My wife said the same thing "What work?  Who will monitor and approve the work?  Rachel Lindsay said the same thing about Chris putiing in "The work"

I watched it with my wife.    When EA asked Rachel how many times she thought about the pictures surfacing during the show and she said "never, not once". I thought this was an 18 year old in a group that took some pictures at a plantation.  Should they have?  No..but they were not making fun or mocking anything.

Watching Chris Harrisons interview that got him ousted he was more upset at "The cancel mob" mentality bashing Rachel. Harrison did not mention anything about race.

I hate this show but my wife loves it.    Last night she said "Matt is a very troubled young man carrying a ton of baggage and was never ready to commit to anyone.   His mother is a very bitter women, his dad was never around, the brother looked like a goofball but he seemed to have more common sense than all of them.

Matt was looking for an out and found an easy one.   That whole show was very confusing as far as the racial aspect goes what happened was trivial compared to other situations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hang on Dr. Seuss, we need to cancel some female rappers. 

According to Tucker Carlson, Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion are " actively trying to degrade our culture and hurt our children".  

It also "seems like an attack on American values, American traditions, and you’re actually actively trying to make children aspire to things that are grotesque" according to Candace Owens.  

The best part is, while they are clearly terrified about the damage done to the kids, they replayed the performance on a loop.   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...