What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Republican Civil War is over: Trump has won, his opponents have surrendered. (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
Last edited by a moderator:
This is all great by me. I believe “eat their own” gets tossed out all the time around here.

Trump in normal fashion doesn’t address the actual issue and gets onto something else entirely for people to argue about.

Good luck Mitchell!!

This is all great by me. I believe “eat their own” gets tossed out all the time around here.

Trump in normal fashion doesn’t address the actual issue and gets onto something else entirely for people to argue about.

Good luck Mitchell!!
Trump, to the best of my knowledge, hasn’t addressed an issue, but goes out of his way to attack the people he perceived as a threat. I’m glad he’s not in a position of power anymore.

Seems like you guys just want to read into anything to support your preconceived notions.
The leader of the GOP in the Senate said the ex-President is morally and practically responsible for the attack on the Capitol.

Trump blasts him with all this. Personal attacks on his wife, calls him weak, etc.

What am I missing here, please tell me. 

Trump, to the best of my knowledge, hasn’t addressed an issue, but goes out of his way to attack the people he perceived as a threat. I’m glad he’s not in a position of power anymore.
Exactly, it’s his MO. It’s his number one move.

In terms of the GOP and support he receives from the base, I’d say Trump’s power is pretty strong at the moment. 

Not sure what Mitch has planned but no doubt this is what he expected. If he wanted Trump convicted, I’m sure he could have done it. My guess is that he was trying to protect the senators and relying on justice system to take Trump out. Not sure I’d be that confident.

Seems like you guys just want to read into anything to support your preconceived notions.
Huh?  You make no sense.  Which 2 people have been the most powerful players in the Republican party over the last 5 years?  You don't think they despise one another.  It's right there in the article.  

If Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden were talking about each other in the same way, I don't think anyone on this board would have a problem saying there's a civil war amongst Democrats.  I'm not sure why you think this is preposterious.  

Trump waited until after Impeachment was over so as to not lose any more votes.  Mitch has been an absurdly Republican Republican to the point of blocking most of what Dems wanted to do.  He held the troops largely together through two impeachments.  

The GOP lost the Senate because they wouldn't distance themselves from Trump and continued to drive the stolen election narrative.  

Mitch is the face of the old guard of Republicans and Trump the "new guard."  

This is like when the NWO split, and ultimately WCW died.  

So odd the lengths people will go for the man.  I have yet to see what about him is Godly or appealing to anyone who claims to follow the teachings of Christ.
You have to be kidding. You don’t just get the nickname Father Trump for nothing.  :shrug:

The leader of the GOP in the Senate said the ex-President is morally and practically responsible for the attack on the Capitol.

Trump blasts him with all this. Personal attacks on his wife, calls him weak, etc.

It's nothing like some random teacher in SF complaining about old white guys. Now that's real "eating your own" politically. 

Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, #####, you knew I was a snake."

Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, #####, you knew I was a snake."
Shakespeare?  

Hope this doesn't get in the way of the Republicans plan of Kamala being found innocent in her impeachment trial. 

Blasphemy? That's a serious charge fella, going to need a link for that. Only credible Father Trump sources please.  
Calling him Father with a capital F is the definition of blasphemy especially in rhe context of that discussion.  Not playing your games man.  

It’d be a GOP Civil War if McConnell responded in any other way other than complete and utter fealty. But he won’t. He’s a Republican and will completely bend the knee. That’s what cults of personality do.  My favorite, classic Trump part of that statement is when he went after Mitch because of his “China family ties”. You know, his wife. Who also sat in Trump’s cabinet all 4 years...lolz.

Geez, exaggerate much? This is just a couple of alphas snorting at each other and marking territory. Give it a few days and it'll all blow over.

Calling him Father with a capital F is the definition of blasphemy especially in rhe context of that discussion.  Not playing your games man.  
Please link to this definition. I am unaware of such capital F blasphemy.  I looked up the definition in Merriam Webster and Wkik. No mention of Father Trump.  

Did you know blasphemy is a capital crime in Muslim nations? Are you saying people should be killed for saying Father Trump?  

Desperation to have a counter point.  It’s desperation you are missing.

I hope a new Republican Party emerges.  And I don’t say that as a dem - I say it as an independent that could find a home in a patriotic Republican Party - not in the joke it’s been.
That won’t happen until the existing one suffers major defeats- which, if Trump carries through on his apparent determination to purge anyone who opposes him, could happen as soon as 2022. 
Because there has never been, in the history of the Republican Party, a greater divergence between what the majority of the public want and what the majority of Republicans want. 

In terms of the GOP and support he receives from the base, I’d say Trump’s power is pretty strong at the moment. 
True, but now his whims aren’t official national policy. Let him fight McConnell, let them tear the GOP apart, maybe we’ll get a decent conservative party rising from the ashes that is willing to work together with liberals and not fight for the sake of fighting.

That won’t happen until the existing one suffers major defeats- which, if Trump carries through on his apparent determination to purge anyone who opposes him, could happen as soon as 2022. 
Because there has never been, in the history of the Republican Party, a greater divergence between what the majority of the public want and what the majority of Republicans want. 
Not even the Civil War? Jeesh. That's an overstatement.

Good luck Mitchell!!
I'd like to take credit for this. A lifetime of political op-ed hackery led me to popularize this phrase around here, I believe. Same with pooh-pooh in the Shark Pool, which I use often. I think I'd be okay by God if I deemed myself responsible for those. And a few others. He'd just be upset with my lack of humility on those fronts.

Users who are viewing this thread