Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Rush Limbaugh - 2.17.21 R.I.P.

3 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

If there was a guy on my side that had acted as Limbaugh had, that man would no longer be on my side. 

Exactly. And these over-the-top generalizations and trashing of those on the left here, in what is supposed to be a respectful thread about the deceased, is getting really tiresome.

And no, it's not what we are or who we are. 

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Always an excuse for classless behavior, love it. :lmao:

There is nothing classless about stating that I wouldn't want a guy on my side that acted the way Rush did. Some people are fine with rude, crass, bigoted beahvior so long as it futhers their points of view. Not me though. But keep on with the laughing emoji

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

If there was a guy on my side that had acted as Limbaugh had, that man would no longer be on my side. 

That's cool.  I get anyone that didn't like him.  But I don't understand the need to go on the internet and trash a dead man.  What's the point other than some inner-revenge to make yourself feel better?  Just move on and leave the thread alone.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, squistion said:

Exactly. And these over-the-top generalizations and trashing of those on the left here, in what is supposed to be a respectful thread about the deceased, is getting really tiresome.

And no, it's not what we are or who we are. 

The proof is right here in the thread.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

That's cool.  I get anyone that didn't like him.  But I don't understand the need to go on the internet and trash a dead man.  What's the point other than some inner-revenge to make yourself feel better?  Just move on and leave the thread alone.

I wouldn't classify my response as trashing him. Just simply stated that I wouldn't want him on my side 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Leftists have given up caring about showing off their ignorance and their hatred. 

It’s become commonplace in areas where they are safely surrounded by similar behavior, sad times. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EYLive said:

It's like:
Rush while living - "blah blah blah"
His supporters - "Yeah, you tell 'em Rush!!!"

Quoting Rush - He said, "blah blah blah"
His supporters - "You're scum for speaking ill of the dead! Have you no decency!?!?" "Never happened! Fake news!"

Its like?  I'd like to see you link these claims to any poster in here. 

On 2/17/2021 at 9:45 AM, timschochet said:

The single most responsible person for the political mess that we find ourselves in today. I blame him more than anyone else for many of our current misfortunes, so it would be very hypocritical for me to say kind words about him now. 
I will say this: he was one of the great innovators in history, a genius in his field who did it better than anyone else. Condolences to his family. 

VIDEO: The Left's SHAMEFUL Response To Rush Limbaugh's Passing •Feb 18, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHa0P_CMNF0

Ben Shapiro makes a good point in that Limbaugh made politics accessible to the average person. A cross example would be Aaron Sorkin with The West Wing, who was widely applauded for taking complex political machinery and translating it into common language into his scripts.

https://youtu.be/JHa0P_CMNF0?t=898

Shapiro also points out the New York Times obituaries section and their section on Limbaugh then he contrasts it to obits to Chairman Mao, Castro, Khomeni, Hugo Chavez and Arafat that are far more diplomatic.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 2/17/2021 at 10:05 AM, dozer said:

I’m glad his voice will no longer contribute to the division in America.

VIDEO: Ben Shapiro Reflects on the Life and Legacy of Rush Limbaugh •Feb 17, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=531MEQ_4GkE

Shapiro brings up a good point in that the entire modern media structure, i.e. politics as a form of entertainment, might not exist without Limbaugh.

Interesting enough, Twitter allows people to trend "Rest In Piss" towards Limbaugh.

https://youtu.be/531MEQ_4GkE?t=489

Shapiro also makes a much more troubling point, where the left leaning MSM turns all conservative views as some type of "public incitement" and worthy of such a response.  This goes far beyond Limbaugh himself.

Free speech has never terrified me. Rationalization on actions, by some, who would not like to be treated that way themselves, always has and always will terrify me. I've traveled the world, for better and worse, and have seen ethnic cleansing up close, and this form of rationalization was always the bed rock of a group think mindset before the blood started being spilled.

Your free speech is yours, but it only encompasses today. Imagine it when it stays unchecked further down the road and begins to magnify to the point where you become the prey yourself. The answer to Limbaugh the agitator isn't to equal him, it was to just ignore him entirely. 

Joining in the hunt for conservatives only buys you time - not freedom, not peace, not hope and certainly not a future for your children. You wanted it, be prepared for what it costs you.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 11:20 AM, SoBeDad said:

Rush was a voice for conservatives. But he also made unnecessary and cruel remarks about HIV deaths during the beginning of the AIDS crisis ("I'll never love this way again"), accused Michael J Fox of exaggerating his Parkinson's symptoms, accused several women of being sluts  (Kamala and the law student who took birth control). He apologized to Fox and later said he was insensitive to play the Dione Warwick song. This is part of his legacy.

Direct Headline: Rush Limbaugh Was One Of America’s ‘Most Generous Celebrities’ When It Came To Charity

Conservative icon Rush Limbaugh was one of the most generous celebrities when it came to donating to and fundraising for charity.

By The Political Insider Staff February 18, 2021

https://www.lifezette.com/2021/02/rush-limbaugh-was-one-of-americas-most-generous-celebrities-when-it-came-to-charity/

I don't agree with many things Limbaugh said and did.

That being said, he gave 47 million to leukemia research and 4 million to the children of fallen law enforcement.

I don't have a problem with the media and the public asking Limbaugh to answer for the things he said and did, I do think if they are going to do it, to approach it in a full three dimensions.

If the accusations are he used a broad brutal stroke on those who could not defend themselves, my answer is if you respond in kind, then Limbaugh actually won in the end. If you are morally opposed to someone and their behavior, the first duty for your own dignity is not to imitate them.

I don't blame you or anyone else for criticizing him. I do think a full three dimensions does humanize him and aims that criticism at a person versus a cardboard cutout partisan caricature.

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Not that I have seen. 

You can repeat it a million times but it either proves you can't interpret words well or you lack class yourself if you see nothing wrong with comments in this thread.  But I don't really care to argue with your twitter copy/pastes either

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

You can repeat it a million times but it either proves you can't interpret words well or you lack class yourself if you see nothing wrong with comments in this thread.  But I don't really care to argue with your twitter copy/pastes either

I didn't say this thread was devoid of offensive posts, but I don't think those that were made are representative of left leaning posters in this forum as has been alleged. 

Edited by squistion
  • Sad 1

On 2/17/2021 at 11:03 AM, Tom Skerritt said:

But it’s okay for Trump to speak ill of just about everyone? Living, dead, women, men, abled, disabled? Why is everyone okay with that? Just curious. 

Direct Headline: Rush Limbaugh Says His Faith Is Giving Him Strength: 'I Have a Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ'

Michael Foust | ChristianHeadlines.com Contributor | Tuesday, October 20, 2020

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/rush-limbaugh-says-his-faith-is-giving-him-strength-i-have-a-personal-relationship-with-jesus-christ.html

I don't believe many people think it's OK for any politician to go on the unchecked attack on others.

I do think there is a distinction between "people in the game" and "civilians". This reflects often towards David Simon's The Wire. Omar Little didn't go after the average working man. Only other criminals and gangsters and dealers.

As Slim Charles says so poignantly, the game didn't change, it just got more fierce. People in the public eye earn their living being open to the general population. Hate and anger and lies come with it, for better or worse.

So, no, I don't agree with many thing Limbaugh said in his public career. He said them, he has to own them. But some, not all, others also need to own that they aren't civilians in the game.

That being said, the unspoken dialogue is if it's possible for a man to change. To be redeemed. It's rare and it's painful, but sometimes it does happen. Maybe it happened for Limbaugh late in life with religion. Maybe it didn't and it was just a media narrative. I do think that specific question is worth asking though.

The New Testament speaks of Paul .Who used to be hunt down and kill Christians. And how everyone believed Peter would inherit the burden of command for Christ's mission, since he was seen as the "favorite"  But Paul suffered with regret, the rest of his life, for the things he had done, the horror he inflicted, and not just the violence and persecution, but the times he was silent and indifferent to the horrors committed by others around him.

What is the litmus of a man's redemption?

You don't have to agree with Limbaugh to acknowledge this is a question his death presents to those left behind.

On 2/17/2021 at 12:07 PM, tommyGunZ said:

This describes me. I too wonder if Rush changed.  Or more likely, as I got older, I realized that Rush’s deception and oversimplification of complex issues was resulting in bad policy that negatively impacted millions. It was probably there all along, but until my mid-late 20s, I wasn’t able to see through the grift. 

Direct Headline: Remembering Elton John's Unexpected Bond with Rush Limbaugh: 'I'm Just Trying to Break Him Down'

"Life is about building bridges, not walls. When it comes to people like Rush Limbaugh, or people who might enrage you sometimes, dialogue is the only way," John said in 2014

By Adam Carlson February 17, 2021 03:11 PM

https://people.com/politics/remembering-elton-john-unexpected-bond-with-rush-limbaugh/

Did the oversimplification create bad policy? Or make complex political topics more accessible to the non politically oriented? Or both?

Blaming Rush Limbaugh for bad public policy removes all agency from everyone else around him. You can't both minimize the individual then in the same breath give them sweeping God like powers. You actually have to pick one narrative to hold to find some semblance of context.

Limbaugh spoke ill of gay people in public but also had a high profile gay friend. Was this more grift to create a counter narrative? Or did the guy actually just like another celebrity and want to be friends?

Stephen King used to say that fame is a magnifier. Whatever you were before fame, the money and power only has a multiplier effect on your core character and personality. Maybe that's the only real truth to someone like Limbaugh. He was more of what he showed people and more of what he didn't show people. Both at the same time.

For those who want to hunt Limbaugh and hold him accountable, actually dehumanizing only makes that effort much much harder. 

Truth makes you the hunter. Lies make you the prey.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:31 PM, tommyGunZ said:

It’s not surprising that Rush felt that way about America. He never had to endure any of the hardships that those who are more critical of America are still fighting to overcome.  

A white christian male getting paid 10s of millions of dollars per year to cheerlead a mostly white male audience and minimize the voices of those who were suffering.  What did he have to complain about?  

VIDEO: Family Guy: Brian Goes Republican for Rush Limbaugh (Season 9 Clip) | TBS •Mar 24, 2020

Brian brings Rush Limbaugh to dinner and sings Republican Town for Peter, Lois, Stewie & Chris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMqlKk0yuaQ

Direct Headline: Rush Limbaugh's 'Toothless' Family Guy Episode

Lots of potential, very few laughs

John Hudson October 4, 2010

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2010/10/rush-limbaugh-s-toothless-family-guy-episode/343950/

Now you've had to endure the hardship of him singing. The 2nd link shows you can't neutralize a laughing man by being stern.

I don't think Limbaugh ever truly complained as much as mirrored a large part of the actual American political landscape that simply never had a widespread voice before. He was in the right place at the right time, like David DeAngelo was able to monetize PUA before the market got saturated.

He may have never had to endure the hardship of poor timing, the rest I suppose is up for debate.

I believe he did give a voice to some who were suffering, just not always the ones to whom some here can relate to best and more easily see the world from their shoes.

What's actually relevant will also include some things you find personally abhorrent. Freedom of choice is not the same thing as preventing the drawbacks of all those options. Your complaints seem to come from not truly making that distinction.

1 hour ago, GordonGekko said:

VIDEO: The Left's SHAMEFUL Response To Rush Limbaugh's Passing •Feb 18, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHa0P_CMNF0

Ben Shapiro makes a good point in that Limbaugh made politics accessible to the average person. A cross example would be Aaron Sorkin with The West Wing, who was widely applauded for taking complex political machinery and translating it into common language into his scripts.

https://youtu.be/JHa0P_CMNF0?t=898

Shapiro also points out the New York Times obituaries section and their section on Limbaugh then he contrasts it to obits to Chairman Mao, Castro, Khomeni, Hugo Chavez and Arafat that are far more diplomatic.

I don’t normally respond to your posts but I need to make an exception here. You managed to quote my original post in this thread, which I edited over 24 hours ago. I have no idea how you did that. Either you are a moderator here at Footballguys, or you responded to my post over a day ago and waited to finish your post, Either answer would be very bizarre. 

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I don’t normally respond to your posts but I need to make an exception here. You managed to quote my original post in this thread, which I edited over 24 hours ago. I have no idea how you did that. Either you are a moderator here at Footballguys, or you responded to my post over a day ago and waited to finish your post, Either answer would be very bizarre. 

He probably just quoted one of the many people who quoted you before you deleted the post, then removed that person's reply before posting his wall of text. (2/18 23:21:00 PM EST)

Just now, timschochet said:

Or he cut and pasted the original unedited post that someone else had quoted before the edit.

Yeah, he could have also responded but never finished - I have posts that I thought I made but didn't post, some are days old and apparently I didn't hit the submit reply button. If that happened he may not have noticed that you had edited the original (but I suspect he doesn't really care if he is trying to make some point).

6 hours ago, urbanhack said:

False equivalency...so you can stop right there. Rush made his career by insults, hate, lies and sowing political division 24 x 7. 

Direct Headline: Limbaugh Is Right on the Fairness Doctrine

Liberals don't need equal-time rules to compete.

By Jon Sinton Dec. 22, 2008 12:01 am ET

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB122990390599425181

Direct Headline: A Brief History Of The Fairness Doctrine

By Dan Fletcher Friday, Feb. 20, 2009

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1880786,00.html

Your problem is with the branches and not the root.

The larger overall discussion that Limbaugh's death brings is if the Fairness Doctrine, if it returned, would bring some sense of normalcy in how the current MSM/Big Social Media daily cycle operates.

No one punished Bill Romanowski for using anything and everything possible he could inject into his body before the NFL created rules to stop him.

If you want to limit Limbaugh types, the path is not outrage, it's logistics.

Does it "stop" with Limbaugh? He's dead now, the problem for you and the rest of us still here are the rules that enable those who copied him. Looking at the root forces one to see the repugnance on both sides of the aisle. Staring at the branch lets one have some pointless comfort in their own tribalism.

What is your take on the Fairness Doctrine?

40 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Wrong. 

On 2/17/2021 at 9:45 AM, timschochet said:

The single most responsible person for the political mess that we find ourselves in today. I blame him more than anyone else for many of our current misfortunes, so it would be very hypocritical for me to say kind words about him now. 
I will say this: he was one of the great innovators in history, a genius in his field who did it better than anyone else. Condolences to his family. 

How do you not understand how a world works you spend your entire life in. 

44 minutes ago, squistion said:

Or he cut and pasted the original unedited post that someone else had quoted before the edit.

Yeah, he could have also responded but never finished - I have posts that I thought I made but didn't post, some are days old and apparently I didn't hit the submit reply button. If that happened he may not have noticed that you had edited the original (but I suspect he doesn't really care if he is trying to make some point).

I see. Well that’s really dumb too. What’s the point? 

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:
20 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Wrong. 

How do you not understand how a world works you spend your entire life in. 

Great. What a neat trick. Again, why would somebody bother to do that a day later? 

Maybe because that user didn't log in yesterday?

Your original quote is still visible on page 1 (since it was quoted by several people). So, the GG account probably logged in today, started reading on page 1, and went right to work with his shtick.

BTW, if you ever want to do what the GG alias did, here's a quick tutorial:

1. find a post with multiple quotes in it

2. highlight the entire post (i.e., click-and-hold at one end, then drag all the way to the other end, highlighting all of the text in every quote).

3. wait for a box to pop up which says "Quote selection", then click it.

4. hover the mouse over the top-left corner of the nested quote. A box with 4 directional arrows will appear. Click-and-hold on that box, then drag the quote to the empty space below. WA-LA.

• Laughing 1

4 hours ago, dawgtrails said:

There is nothing classless about stating that I wouldn't want a guy on my side that acted the way Rush did. Some people are fine with rude, crass, bigoted beahvior so long as it futhers their points of view. Not me though. But keep on with the laughing emoji

There is an abundance of rude and crass and even what i consider bigotted behavior on your side.  And it will never be called out in a New York Times obituary.  

11 hours ago, EYLive said:

I'm not a leftist. You're way too far to the right to perceive this.

Incorrect. Again your perception of others is wrong. Rush is one person, I am one person. I don't respect him or his methods.

Have you ever voted for a non-Democrat for President?   I have voted independant/Reform/Libertarian for President much more than i voted for R's.  I have even voted Dems for some lower offices including Senate and Representatives.  My voting record is probably more centrist than yours.  

8 hours ago, timschochet said:

.... Either you are a moderator here at Footballguys....

VIDEO: Rush Limbaugh: The 1991 60 Minutes Interview •Feb 5, 2020

Nearly 30 years ago, Rush Limbaugh told 60 Minutes correspondent Steve Kroft about what drives him to succeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=017VvbOOQLo

VIDEO: Marcus Aurelius - How To Build Your Self Confidence (Stoicism) •Jul 21, 2019

In this video we will be talking about 10 important insights for building your Self Confidence from the writings of Marcus Aurelius. He was also a devout student of the philosophy of Stoicism. During his rule, Aurelius found the time to construct a series of autobiographical writings, now known as the Meditations. In these writings, the Marcus Aurelius offered a number of key insights on how to build self confidence. So here are 10 important insights for self confidence from Marcus Aurelius. 01. Focus on building your character 02. Practice Self-Acceptance 03. Focus on your thoughts 04. Make a plan and stop thinking 05. Keep your word 06. Take ownership of your actions 07. Don’t speak too much about yourself 08. Remind yourself of death 09. Ignore the naysayers 10. Have an evening confidence ritual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxcFKtupjL4

The easiest way to "blame" someone is to make them an object, not a human being. This makes it simple for a person to rationalize that the person in front of them has zero value as a personal learning experience.

For Limbaugh, the question becomes, if you watch that 60 Minutes interview, where is the line between narcissism and irrational confidence?

Limbaugh did not succeed, in so much as in a worldly view, because he was a bigot and the world is full of bigots, he succeeded because he accepted himself, flaws and all, and took ownership of his actions. He knew what he was, what he said and what it would cost him, and yet he did it anyway. He also pushed aside his detractors and kept moving forward. Even when he failed, and  that was plenty early to start, he kept moving forward.

If you believe you cannot learn something, even from a person you find personally repugnant, then you've cheated yourself out of many lessons that life has to offer to ease your own burdens.

Do you actually believe you can learn nothing from a Rush Limbaugh? A Donald Trump? A Mitch McConnell? Adolf Hitler? Chairman Mao? Khomeni? Fidel Castro? Commander Fred Johnson, Anderson Dawes and Marco Inares?

Of course someone like me makes you enraged, I force you to actually consider the world around you outside of your own dogmatic world view.

Here's the most costly lesson you have to learn, son. The world doesn't bring you suffering, a man has to choose it. You choose to suffer because it brings you comfort, it's comfortable because it's familiar, not because it's actually good for you. People hold on tight and demand control when faced with the reality that they surrendered everything for no real reason at all. Limbaugh had to pay for who he was in life, but he actually knew exactly who he was in this life. It is an equal measure of a gift and an equal measure of a burden. There's something to learn in all that for you.

7 hours ago, jon_mx said:

There is an abundance of rude and crass and even what i consider bigotted behavior on your side.  And it will never be called out in a New York Times obituary.  

I am not, nor I have ever been employed by the New York Times. 

2 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

VIDEO: Rush Limbaugh: The 1991 60 Minutes Interview •Feb 5, 2020

Nearly 30 years ago, Rush Limbaugh told 60 Minutes correspondent Steve Kroft about what drives him to succeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=017VvbOOQLo

VIDEO: Marcus Aurelius - How To Build Your Self Confidence (Stoicism) •Jul 21, 2019

In this video we will be talking about 10 important insights for building your Self Confidence from the writings of Marcus Aurelius. He was also a devout student of the philosophy of Stoicism. During his rule, Aurelius found the time to construct a series of autobiographical writings, now known as the Meditations. In these writings, the Marcus Aurelius offered a number of key insights on how to build self confidence. So here are 10 important insights for self confidence from Marcus Aurelius. 01. Focus on building your character 02. Practice Self-Acceptance 03. Focus on your thoughts 04. Make a plan and stop thinking 05. Keep your word 06. Take ownership of your actions 07. Don’t speak too much about yourself 08. Remind yourself of death 09. Ignore the naysayers 10. Have an evening confidence ritual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxcFKtupjL4

The easiest way to "blame" someone is to make them an object, not a human being. This makes it simple for a person to rationalize that the person in front of them has zero value as a personal learning experience.

For Limbaugh, the question becomes, if you watch that 60 Minutes interview, where is the line between narcissism and irrational confidence?

Limbaugh did not succeed, in so much as in a worldly view, because he was a bigot and the world is full of bigots, he succeeded because he accepted himself, flaws and all, and took ownership of his actions. He knew what he was, what he said and what it would cost him, and yet he did it anyway. He also pushed aside his detractors and kept moving forward. Even when he failed, and  that was plenty early to start, he kept moving forward.

If you believe you cannot learn something, even from a person you find personally repugnant, then you've cheated yourself out of many lessons that life has to offer to ease your own burdens.

Do you actually believe you can learn nothing from a Rush Limbaugh? A Donald Trump? A Mitch McConnell? Adolf Hitler? Chairman Mao? Khomeni? Fidel Castro? Commander Fred Johnson, Anderson Dawes and Marco Inares?

Of course someone like me makes you enraged, I force you to actually consider the world around you outside of your own dogmatic world view.

Here's the most costly lesson you have to learn, son. The world doesn't bring you suffering, a man has to choose it. You choose to suffer because it brings you comfort, it's comfortable because it's familiar, not because it's actually good for you. People hold on tight and demand control when faced with the reality that they surrendered everything for no real reason at all. Limbaugh had to pay for who he was in life, but he actually knew exactly who he was in this life. It is an equal measure of a gift and an equal measure of a burden. There's something to learn in all that for you.

You are a very strange guy. You don’t enrage me. Sometimes you baffle me. Rarely, as in this post, you amuse me. Mostly though you disinterest me. 

• Laughing 1

19 hours ago, rockaction said:

I'd almost say people should just post honestly and without impunity nor regard for any custom. It's like flies to a trap. It lets me perfectly know who not to listen to on the board. How convenient. @rcam@urbanhack etc. What a waste of board space.

Yeah, so sorry I don't accept racist, misogynistic, hate-filled rhetoric and conspiracy theories as being worthy of respect - but hey... you do you. When David Duke croaks I'll let you write a respectful board eulogy.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol:  I love "let's compare voting records" shtick.     Weird thread.  

I don't believe so-called "moderates" generally ever vote that way for real, either. Count me among those that have seen that sort of personalized board schtick before and don't believe it for a minute.

"Hey, I'm a moderate!"

Name one Republican you've voted for, then.

Easy enough.

I know exactly what jon_mx is getting at. I've personally voted for a Democrat in the past twenty years. Easily. And exhibit traits of it. But I doubt that other people are being on the level -- especially those that come into a thread and piss on a man's grave -- about it. I totally see what jon_mx is saying, and five-to-one says he's right.

It's bull####, this moderate claim, and everyone knows it. Either that or it's generally self-delusional.

But everybody do everybody right by dancing on a grave. That's cool.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rcam said:

Yeah, so sorry I don't accept racist, misogynistic, hate-filled rhetoric and conspiracy theories as being worthy of respect - but hey... you do you. When David Duke croaks I'll let you write a respectful board eulogy.

Yeah, says the guy that likes Ben Weasel. Good show.

:lmao:

You do you, dude. Awesome. I just know who not to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Rush Limbaugh is David Duke. That's a good one.

Nice hyperbole and a half there. The left has lost its ever-loving mind in this thread and since 2016.

15 hours ago, tonydead said:

Leftists have given up caring about showing off their ignorance and their hatred. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Just now, tonydead said:

Leftists have given up caring about showing off their ignorance and their hatred

It's worse. They think it's justified. I can see a little million budding Maoists running amok in their own Cultural Revolution. The intellectual descendants of the Little Red Book on campus.

####, even the Beatles thought you guys sucked.

• Love 2

I was a major Dittohead in my younger days. Not only was Rush smart and funny, but he was able to boil down complex issues into catch phrases that I could understand and relate to. And he pwned libs. To me, he was the epitome of the Republican Party.

As I got older, I drifted away from him. I think it was because I was no longer angry at the world and there were other issues that occupied my thoughts.

Anyway, lung cancer is a terrible way to go, so I'm glad that he's no longer suffering.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, rcam is laughing. Meanwhile, his music hero is a reborn Catholic who was drummed out of punk rock circles for the same reason Rush is being pilloried today. But he knows not better.

What a dupe.

You seem to be taking this oddly personally, RA.  

I hear what you are saying, just not used to seeing you this worked up.  

8 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

You seem to be taking this oddly personally, RA.  

I hear what you are saying, just not used to seeing you this worked up.  

It's because I see a reflexive hatred towards an otherwise benign creature -- but for some stupid stuff -- having garbage hurled upon him in death. It's a bad look for those involved and shows me exactly the level of tolerance that they give dissent from their orthodoxies. I see budding little Cultural Revolutionaries in their ire in real time, determined to stomp out every last bit of dissent from their program. Just like the cancel culture warriors and woke leftists, these guys tend not to stop until your job and your property are gone, and even then they won't let you rest in peace. Seen it happen to colleagues and bosses, been there and done that. These people can't even keep their mouth shut for two minutes to respect the awesomeness of abstract thinking that death should provoke in a thinking man.

But they don't think. They reflexively hate and have no quarrel with death to their enemy, never once surmising that they might not be correct or in the right -- or heaven forbid, in the light -- about things, so they seek out places to run their mouths accordingly, appropriate or not. This thread is one of those instances. It was stated upthread that the NYT gave a better obituary to mass murderers, and I don't doubt it. This is how the enemies of a cultural revolution are treated -- scorned in life, pilloried in death. I'll fight that revolution until my own. #### that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, rockaction said:

It's because I see a reflexive hatred towards an otherwise benign creature -- but for some stupid stuff -- having garbage hurled upon him in death. It's a bad look for those involved and shows me exactly the level of tolerance that they give dissent from their orthodoxies. I see budding little Cultural Revolutionaries in their ire in real time, determined to stomp out every last bit of dissent from their program. Just like the cancel culture warriors and woke leftists, these guys tend not to stop until your job and your property are gone, and even then they won't let you rest in peace. Seen it happen to colleagues and bosses, been there and done that. These people can't even keep their mouth shut for two minutes to respect the awesomeness of abstract thinking that death should provoke in a thinking man.

But they don't think. They reflexively hate and have no quarrel with death to their enemy, never once surmising that they might not be correct or in the right -- or heaven forbid, in the light -- about things, so they seek out places to run their mouths accordingly, appropriate or not. This thread is one of those instances. It was stated upthread that the NYT gave a better obituary to mass murderers, and I don't doubt it. This is how the enemies of a cultural revolution are treated -- scorned in life, pilloried in death. I'll fight that revolution until my own. #### that.

Not going to get into right vs wrong on bashing the guy...but I also would not consider him some benign creature.

And seems to be a ton of hate being thrown at posters constantly around here..yet indignation when anyone speaks ill of someone like Rush.  I find that very odd.

Just now, sho nuff said:

Not going to get into right vs wrong on bashing the guy...but I also would not consider him some benign creature.

And seems to be a ton of hate being thrown at posters constantly around here..yet indignation when anyone speaks ill of someone like Rush.  I find that very odd.

If someone spoke ill of a newly-deceased poster that I knew rather than knew of (like Rush), I would be even angrier. There's really no doubt about that.