Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Offseason IDP Catchall

A place where the dozen or so of us IDP fanatics can post offseason news. Feel free to drop knowledge on cuts, trades, free agency, or any other tidbit worth sharing.

The big name so far was JJ Watt being released last week

A much more minor move in ATL. Ricardo Allen is has been cut. One domino down in the potential relevance of Jaylinn Hawkins. 

• Like 3

Eagles DL Genard Avery will move to linebacker for the 2021 season.

Philadelphia initially traded its 2021 fourth-round pick to acquire Avery in 2019, seeing the 25-year-old rack up 17 tackles and 1.5 sacks across 19 games in that span. The hope is he's able to function as more than just a rotational player when moved to the Mike/Will positions this upcoming year.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Philadelphia on Twitter

• Like 1

Packers released LB Christian Kirksey.

Kirksey followed ex-DC Mike Pettine to Green Bay in 2020 but, much like the former's most recent years in Cleveland, was oft-injured and available for only 11 games. The 28-year-old was also discouragingly outplayed by undrafted rookie Krys Barnes for much of the year. His release coupled with RT Rick Wagner's will create around $9.8 million in cap space for the Packers in the new league year.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Feb 19, 2021, 4:10 PM ET

• Like 1

Genard Avery as Mike or Will is interesting. I had only seen that he was moving to LB but no designation about which LB spot. I though he'd be more of a pass rush player but a name to keep an eye on, either way. 

Kirksey being cut put the brakes on a drop (Kamal Martin) I would have made in a shallow league. Probably hold now since Martin & Barnes look to be starters at ILB until we see FA / Draft LB destinations.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Kirksey being cut put the brakes on a drop (Kamal Martin) I would have made in a shallow league.

My thoughts exactly. I have Martin in one league and now he's a hold.

2 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Genard Avery as Mike or Will is interesting. I had only seen that he was moving to LB but no designation about which LB spot. I though he'd be more of a pass rush player but a name to keep an eye on, either way. 

Kirksey being cut put the brakes on a drop (Kamal Martin) I would have made in a shallow league. Probably hold now since Martin & Barnes look to be starters at ILB until we see FA / Draft LB destinations.

Depends on their scheme - they only used one LB last year for the most part.  Many teams switching to nickel/dime schemes with only one LB.

6 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

I dont know what Avery is, but a mike and a will he is not.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, rockaction said:

My thoughts exactly. I have Martin in one league and now he's a hold.

Always was - Kirksey was a likely cut and Barnes is more of a thumper. Martin has more 3 down upside. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Always was - Kirksey was a likely cut and Barnes is more of a thumper. Martin has more 3 down upside. 

Heh. Still new to this all. Gonna take another year or two to be up to speed.

Edited by rockaction
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Heh. Still new to this all. Gonna take another year or two to be up to speed.

Ha...true. Martin could be worthless in 3 weeks, but I think outsiders were always a greater threat than the other returners.