What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Elijah Moore, CLE (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
NFL Draft stock evaluations on Elijah Moore, Royce Newman and Kenny Yeboah

Excerpt:

ELIJAH MOORE | Wide Receiver

Josh Edwards Says: Moore is an example of why I think recruiting helps me so much covering the draft. I loved him coming out of St. Thomas Aquinas and thought he was probably a bit underrated at the time. He needed to develop his body to withstand the taxation of playing in the SEC and later in the NFL. With the league progressing into a style that reminds more of a 7-on-7 tournament than ground and pound football, Moore is coming into the league at the right time. I don’t think draft position is as important for him as landing in the right situation. If he lands with a progressive offensive mind that knows how to use him properly, he should have a big career. I currently project him as a Day 2 pick but he falls into a deep class of slot receivers, such as Rondale Moore, Shi Smith, D’Wayne Eskridge, Kadarius Toney and others.

Last edited:
Ole Miss junior WR Elijah Moore has declared for the 2021 NFL Draft. 

Thanks to WRs DK Metcalf and AJ Brown, and even TE Dawson Knox to a less extent, Ole Miss is seen as a bit of a pass-catcher factory now. Moore is prepared to live up to that reputation sooner rather than later. A 5-foot-9, 184-pound junior who could have stayed another year if he wanted, Moore is aiming to find a way into the top-100 picks this spring. Though not the biggest WR out there, Moore shows impressive strength and physicality for someone his size. Moore also shows some good (albeit not elite) top end speed and can snap off explosive plays if defenses give him some space. Outside wide receiver may be a pipe dream for Moore in the NFL, but he should make for a tough, explosive Day 2 slot WR. 

SOURCE: Elijah Moore on Twitter

Dec 17, 2020, 5:41 PM ET

Rondale and Elijah Moore are the same size but the guy that opted out this year is more well thought of than the Belitnikoff finalist.

Go figure.

Rondale and Elijah Moore are the same size but the guy that opted out this year is more well thought of than the Belitnikoff finalist.

Go figure.
Rondale Moore did opt back in, but he played in just three games before succumbing, once again, to injury.  He played in only 7 games over the past two seasons, raising some serious durability questions.  Rondale Moore is one of the most exciting prospects in this draft class, but if he cannot stay on the field, he can't help you much.

Rondale Moore did opt back in, but he played in just three games before succumbing, once again, to injury.  He played in only 7 games over the past two seasons, raising some serious durability questions.  Rondale Moore is one of the most exciting prospects in this draft class, but if he cannot stay on the field, he can't help you much.
Left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths because of that injury. 

I think I definitely sold both Moore's a bit short on talent when it comes to my initial rankings. I had them at WR7 and WR12. I'll be moving them up on my board though.

I like Elijah moore than Rondale (see what I did there?). I see more fight in Elijah, of a my ball, I must get open type of attitude. The dude just has "it". He runs routes with purpose and a sharpness that sells me. I worry about his size if he can be a top option, same with Rondale. But some food for thought is that Rondale broke out at Purde, Elijah broke out at Ole Miss with AJ Brown and Metcalf on that team. Similar breakout ages but one team was clearly better. 

On one hand you could look at it as impressive for Rondale to breakout at a worse program, and try to connect the dots that he would be more self driven, loyal, hard working. On the other you could just say that because it's a worse program with no competition that's the reason. 

I'll have to re-watch both of them, but Elijah Moore I actually like. Rondale is impressive but more in a "not sure if that translates" kind of way which leaves me questioning it. 

Left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths because of that injury. 

I think I definitely sold both Moore's a bit short on talent when it comes to my initial rankings. I had them at WR7 and WR12. I'll be moving them up on my board though.

I like Elijah moore than Rondale (see what I did there?). I see more fight in Elijah, of a my ball, I must get open type of attitude. The dude just has "it". He runs routes with purpose and a sharpness that sells me. I worry about his size if he can be a top option, same with Rondale. But some food for thought is that Rondale broke out at Purde, Elijah broke out at Ole Miss with AJ Brown and Metcalf on that team. Similar breakout ages but one team was clearly better. 

On one hand you could look at it as impressive for Rondale to breakout at a worse program, and try to connect the dots that he would be more self driven, loyal, hard working. On the other you could just say that because it's a worse program with no competition that's the reason. 

I'll have to re-watch both of them, but Elijah Moore I actually like. Rondale is impressive but more in a "not sure if that translates" kind of way which leaves me questioning it. 
Not to be a pain but Elijah was 36-398-2 in 11 games playing with DKM and AJB.

Not to be a pain but Elijah was 36-398-2 in 11 games playing with DKM and AJB.
Earning time and playing along side them is the point. Technically wasn't his breakout campaign but earning time with 2 other surefire studs is the accomplishment. 

No idea about Elijah but Rondale is an off the charts athlete so that’s what could translate to the NFL.

Starting to worry about his durability.  He got hurt again.
When did he get hurt again? That sucks, anything serious? I think I heard his only injury was a hamstring. It cost him time in 2019 and then flared up again in 2020. Not sure if that’s better or worse than two separate injuries?

When did he get hurt again? That sucks, anything serious? I think I heard his only injury was a hamstring. It cost him time in 2019 and then flared up again in 2020. Not sure if that’s better or worse than two separate injuries?
Rondale.  Didn’t he get banged up again when he opted back in?  I could be mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea about Elijah but Rondale is an off the charts athlete so that’s what could translate to the NFL.
Not that I'm biased, but living in MS surrounded by lots of Ole Miss fans, I'm more familiar with Elijah Moore than Rondale.  

I agree that Rondale is a athletic freak with good skills, but Elijah seems to have greater "it" factor with regards to NFL potential. The guy was born to play the slot and I could see him being a 100 catch guy soon, in the right situation. And there are a lot of "right" situations (which obviously appies to Rondale too).  Imagine Green Bay taking one of these guys!

Not that I'm biased, but living in MS surrounded by lots of Ole Miss fans, I'm more familiar with Elijah Moore than Rondale.  

I agree that Rondale is a athletic freak with good skills, but Elijah seems to have greater "it" factor with regards to NFL potential. The guy was born to play the slot and I could see him being a 100 catch guy soon, in the right situation. And there are a lot of "right" situations (which obviously appies to Rondale too).  Imagine Green Bay taking one of these guys!
Thanks, I need to check Elijah out. I don’t know much about him.

Evan Lazar @ezlazar

#Patriots draft target: Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore. If the Pats want to add speed on day two, Moore comes in a similar mold as Hardman/Hamler.

Moore vs Alabama is a perfect script for him in the NFL. Slants off RPOs paired w/sluggos, finding MOF voids on crossers, schemed touches.
https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1364251865609830400?s=21

Evan Lazar @ezlazar

Moore is dynamic with the ball in his hands and off vertical shots. But limited by his size, catch radius, and lack of route-running polish. Will he develop a real route tree? Or is he going to be all verticals, slants and schemed plays? Either way, speed kills.
https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1364251867614740483?s=21

The what? 
The kid got carried away while celebrating a TD a couple years ago.

Pic

In the 2019 Egg Bowl against Mississippi State, Moore drew a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for pretending to be a dog urinating in the end zone following the touchdown. As a result, the extra point attempt went from being a 20-yard attempt to a 35-yard attempt, which was missed as Ole Miss lost 21–20.

The kid got carried away while celebrating a TD a couple years ago.

Pic

In the 2019 Egg Bowl against Mississippi State, Moore drew a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for pretending to be a dog urinating in the end zone following the touchdown. As a result, the extra point attempt went from being a 20-yard attempt to a 35-yard attempt, which was missed as Ole Miss lost 21–20.
Oh yeah I remember that. That has no impact at all on whether I like him for fantasy. 

NFL draft 2021 mailbag: Mel Kiper answers 15 questions on quarterback prospects, teams and picks

Excerpt:

Which Day 2 pick will have the biggest impact as a rookie? (via @tagaboutnothing)

I'll give you one on both sides of the ball. Ole Miss wide receiver Elijah Moore is a magnet to the football and one of the best slot wideouts in this class. He's likely to be taken in the second round. He'll find an early role in the slot, catching passes in the middle of the field and picking up first downs. He caught 86 passes for 1,193 yards and eight touchdowns last season.

Moore is dynamic with the ball in his hands and off vertical shots. But limited by his size, catch radius, and lack of route-running polish. Will he develop a real route tree? Or is he going to be all verticals, slants and schemed plays? Either way, speed kills.
Damn, yet another player who I see both raves and rants about route running.  Some analysts say he excels, and others say something like the above.

Damn, yet another player who I see both raves and rants about route running.  Some analysts say he excels, and others say something like the above.
I'm seeing that on some players as well.

I'm not sure on this but I wonder if the reason is the difference between running a full route tree vs players who are more limited in the routes they are asked to run and they excel at it but have not had a chance to display or hone their ability with regards to the full route tree? Like I think opinions differ on if a  player who has only been asked to run 2-3 routes but does them well is someone who would be considered a good route runner. Just my guess on it.

I'm seeing that on some players as well.

I'm not sure on this but I wonder if the reason is the difference between running a full route tree vs players who are more limited in the routes they are asked to run and they excel at it but have not had a chance to display or hone their ability with regards to the full route tree? Like I think opinions differ on if a  player who has only been asked to run 2-3 routes but does them well is someone who would be considered a good route runner. Just my guess on it.
Generally, I think sloppy and lazy routes are a problem...I don't judge those that just haven't been asked to run many...and I view crisp route running as a bonus rather than inconsistent route running as a critique. It can be a learned skill.

FMIA: In This 2021 NFL Draft Primer, Uncertainty Is No. 1 Overall Prospect

Excerpt:

“It’s almost the same every year now, Jeremiah said. “Last year, I had a record number of guys with top-three-round grades [27]. Not as much this year, but so many good options in the second, third, fourth rounds.” Most draft boards will have LSU’s Ja’Marr Chase and Alabama’s DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle among the top 12 picks. Kadarius Toney of Florida is Jeremiah’s fourth first-round wideout, but his favorite wideout at a bargain price (mid-round two) is Mississippi’s Elijah Moore: “There were games that nobody could cover him.”

Pro Football Network draft analyst Ian Cummings recently described Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore as an "explosive, home-run hitting skill player." 

"Explosive home-run-hitting skill player who consistently turns in big plays whenever the ball is in his hands," Cummings wrote. "Fires off the snap, quickly gets in and out of breaks. Stays low on exit, positioning himself to make the reception." Moore (5'9/185) is lacking when it comes to his size, but there have been no such questions regarding his speed or route-running ability. In fact, Cummings also wrote that Elijah may be the best "Moore" in this draft class, and not Purdue's Rondale Moore. Elijah is expected to be a Day 2 selection in next month's draft. 

SOURCE: Pro Football Network

Mar 17, 2021, 3:06 PM ET

"Fires off the snap, quickly gets in and out of breaks. Stays low on exit, positioning himself to make the reception." Moore (5'9/185) is lacking when it comes to his size, but there have been no such questions regarding his speed or route-running ability."

I guess that means we move the slider one more in the direction of good route runner. But yeah it is hard to parse through when some people say one thing and others another.

I think I'm bumping him up though.

"Fires off the snap, quickly gets in and out of breaks. Stays low on exit, positioning himself to make the reception." Moore (5'9/185) is lacking when it comes to his size, but there have been no such questions regarding his speed or route-running ability."

I guess that means we move the slider one more in the direction of good route runner. But yeah it is hard to parse through when some people say one thing and others another.

I think I'm bumping him up though.
Did you guys see him blazing on the 3 cone?

Did he trip and get roasted for being too slow and then quickly become the #1 or #2 dynasty receiver in fantasy? JK I watched it he looks stupid agile.
The way he gets that low center of gravity and changes direction looks explosive. I am guessing he will be able to run routes just fine in the NFL- looks like a slot stud if he ends up in the right offense. 

I have him ranked as the 7th or 8th WR, just ahead of Amon-Ra St. Brown, Dyami Brown, and Tylan Wallace.

Where would Cade Johnson, Sage Surratt and Semi Fehoko fit in there?
They wouldn't.  I believe all those players are 4th round dynasty prospects, or not drafted at all.  I once had a liking to Surratt, but that has since faded.  I would probably rank Darden over all 3 and he will be lucky to get drafted in leagues.

They wouldn't.  I believe all those players are 4th round dynasty prospects, or not drafted at all.  I once had a liking to Surratt, but that has since faded.  I would probably rank Darden over all 3 and he will be lucky to get drafted in leagues.
Fehoko seems like a beast 6'4'' 4.3 speed, I watched him against UCLA and he was uncoverable.  Cade Johnson looked really good in the senior bowl.

Fehoko seems like a beast 6'4'' 4.3 speed, I watched him against UCLA and he was uncoverable.
I suppose i need to research him more.  As far as I can tell he isn't ranked very high at all.  Perhaps he slipped through the cracks.  Regardless, he is someone that can be had late in dynasty rookie drafts IMO.  Where is he projected to go in the NFL draft (if at all)?

I suppose i need to research him more.  As far as I can tell he isn't ranked very high at all.  Perhaps he slipped through the cracks.  Regardless, he is someone that can be had late in dynasty rookie drafts IMO.  Where is he projected to go in the NFL draft (if at all)?
Fehoko was said to have maybe moved up to Day 2 after his pro day, but they were thinking more beginning of Day 3. Some people have noted his lack of production in college and that he "hates catching the ball."

So everywhere and in between, yes.

Fehoko was said to have maybe moved up to Day 2 after his pro day, but they were thinking more beginning of Day 3. Some people have noted his lack of production in college and that he "hates catching the ball."

So everywhere and in between, yes.
He didn't look like he hated catching the football playing against UCLA.  He torched us for over 200 receiving yards, he caught everything thrown his way.

He didn't look like he hated catching the football playing against UCLA.  He torched us for over 200 receiving yards, he caught everything thrown his way.
Yep. That was the really the only game he broke out, though. I'm not sure one way or the other, which is why I said "everywhere and in between, yes" as to his position.

Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore ran a 4.34 40-yard dash time at his pro day workout this Thursday.

In addition to his blistering 40-yard dash time  Moore (5'9/184) also posted a 36-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-1 broad jump and 17 reps of 225 pounds on the bench. Perhaps most impressively, the Ole Miss slot-machine registered a three-cone time of 6.63 seconds that would have ranked first among all 2020 NFL Scouting Combine participants. Narrowly edging out former Baylor WR Denzel Mims who put up a time of 6.66 seconds. This superb round of pro day testing results has likely solidified Moore's place as an early second day selection. 

SOURCE: Saturday Down South

Mar 25, 2021, 6:04 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread