Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NY'er here and while I was not a fan of Cuomo, I thought at the beginning his press conferences were strong and what the people of NY needed. I watched them pretty much everyday but then you could sta

No idea what you mean by essentially but it’s rather amazing that anyone could think that Cuomo has gotten a free pass. 

So now we went from "show me a link" to "show me a link to someone other than a crying celebrity" to "sure he said it but he didn't repeat it" There's an old saying that I think applies here. If

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

And that I stand by what I wrote: I believe that overall she is a woman of integrity and generally high ethics.

She called Joe Biden a racist because he holds the same views on busing as . . . Kamala Harris. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Cuomo: Eat the whole sausage

 

A video showing Gov. Andrew Cuomo challenging a female journalist to “eat the whole sausage” in front of him at the 2016 New York State Fair has resurfaced on social media — amid allegations the governor sexually harassed former staffers.

But...he gave such good speeches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

And yet, the gal involved is defending him.  This is all so weird.

I don't know how to link Twitter:  https://twitter.com/BethanyCefalu/status/1366359204655734790

Maybe she's defending him b/c she was there and didn't feel as threatened as the rest of the woke mob who wasn't there told her she should have been. 

 

IDK. I'm no fan of Cuomo, but I dont see the blatant d!ck euphemisms that others are trying to create. 

They were legitimately served sausage on a rolI...its not like it was a huge hamburger and he's like "Eat that whole sausage!!"  

She makes the first reference to it being a lot of food, and he replied, "Yea, thats too much sausage fro that bun" 

THen he even mentions that there is a course on how to eat on camera and he had to take it when he was elected. Its not like he said "Yea baby come in the back and I'll show you how to eat that sausage" 

The twitter trolls they publish shows his daughter freeze framed in the middle of what looks like chewing and saying she looks disgusted at her father....please, we all look strange when chewing. 

 

Again, IDK. I wasnt there, I don't know his "casual" side, but it just goes to show that anything can be twisted with the right story and some editing. 

Edited by glvsav37
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cuomo should resign, but I'm not going to overreact to the sausage thing.  Politicians get stuck having to make small talk with people during meals all the time.  It's inevitable that they'll occasionally say something a little cringey, especially if it gets yanked out of context.  Let's just stick to the uncontroversially off-limits stuff, like asking your subordinates about their sex lives.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IvanKaramazov said:

Cuomo should resign, but I'm not going to overreact to the sausage thing.  Politicians get stuck having to make small talk with people during meals all the time.  It's inevitable that they'll occasionally say something a little cringey, especially if it gets yanked out of context.  Let's just stick to the uncontroversially off-limits stuff, like asking your subordinates about their sex lives.

Asking anybody about their sex lives is just bizarre.  I mean.....like, adults and stuff.  

Of course not having a sex life has its benefits too if avoiding awkward conversation is a stated goal. :thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

This guy sounds like a major creeper.  

One question that seemed to arise quite often in the Kavanaugh thread - why are all these reports surfacing now if they are months or even years' old?  I'll hang up in listen.....

Not really in the same ballpark timeline wise. I mean Cuomo has one from last year. Most recent kavanaugh accusation was what 1984? 

ETA: I mean blasey ford's was so long ago even she couldnt really even give a year initially

Edited by parasaurolophus
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Asking anybody about their sex lives is just bizarre.  I mean.....like, adults and stuff.  

Dumb and rarely appropriate, but not bizarre. Happens all the time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Cuomo should resign, but I'm not going to overreact to the sausage thing.  Politicians get stuck having to make small talk with people during meals all the time.  It's inevitable that they'll occasionally say something a little cringey, especially if it gets yanked out of context.  Let's just stick to the uncontroversially off-limits stuff, like asking your subordinates about their sex lives.

Hah!  I see what you did there!  :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:

Not really in the same ballpark timeline wise. I mean Cuomo has one from last year. Most recent kavanaugh accusation was what 1984? 

ETA: I mean blasey ford's was so long ago even she couldnt really even give a year initially

She should have used a calendar.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KiddLattimer said:

We've had a hell of a run with governors 🤦‍♂️

Gov. Northam has shown you just have to hang on long enough for the headlines to move on.  I have my doubts Cuomo survives this but I'd have also taken long odds against Northam surviving and yet here we are.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jobarules said:

It's amazing. Kill a few thousand people and nobody bats an eye. But make a few inappropriate comments towards women well then everyone loses their minds. 

I think you misunderstand that scandal.  I also don't think anyone is ignoring it.  You put these two issues together and I think he is done.  It is all the local news is talking about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jobarules said:

It's amazing. Kill a few thousand people and nobody bats an eye. But make a few inappropriate comments towards women well then everyone loses their minds. 

Preciate the hat tip to Ledger

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, massraider said:

Why would Cuomo resign with Brett Kavanaugh/Madison Cawthorn etc still running around?  

 

That doesn't seem very smart of him.  

I would like to see him resign. But politically you’re correct. There is no means to shame a politician into quitting these days, like there used to be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, massraider said:

Why would Cuomo resign with Brett Kavanaugh/Madison Cawthorn etc still running around?  

 

That doesn't seem very smart of him.  

If Cuomo were accused of doing something inappropriate in high school or college, I would probably argue that that's irrelevant today.  (Depending on the particulars).  That's not what's happening, and you know that of course.

Edited by IvanKaramazov
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, massraider said:

Why would Cuomo resign with Brett Kavanaugh/Madison Cawthorn etc still running around?  

 

That doesn't seem very smart of him.  

I am not going to excuse the activities of Cuomo just because others have excused the activities of members of their party.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

If Cuomo were accused of doing something inappropriate in high school or college, I would probably argue that that's irrelevant today.  (Depending on the particulars of course).  That's not what's happening, and you know that of course.

But here’s the point- if he refuses to resign what then? Will the heavily Democratic state of New York recall him? I doubt it. Would they impeach him? (Not even sure they have the means for that). 
What Northrup demonstrated is that if you hold your ground it’s very difficult to remove you. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

But here’s the point- if he refuses to resign what then? Will the heavily Democratic state of New York recall him? I doubt it. Would they impeach him? (Not even sure they have the means for that). 
What Northrup demonstrated is that if you hold your ground it’s very difficult to remove you. 

If he decides not to resign and the people of New York decide to keep in him office, that's on them.  There's nothing I can do about it and I won't lose a minute's sleep over it.  It'll be another situation like Northrup where you just make a note and move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He should resign but looks like he won't no matter how bad things become.  It is sad.

Leaders in government should at the very least be held to the same standards as most of us have to uphold at our jobs.  We should demand that but too many of us put party above decency so it is our own fault.

Edited by Godsbrother
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

If Cuomo were accused of doing something inappropriate in high school or college, I would probably argue that that's irrelevant today.  (Depending on the particulars).  That's not what's happening, and you know that of course.

How long ago do you think Cawthorn was in college?

I think the best thing is Cuomo to go, but it one party isn't going to hold their people accountable, then I don't think either party should. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

If he decides not to resign and the people of New York decide to keep in him office, that's on them.  There's nothing I can do about it and I won't lose a minute's sleep over it.  It'll be another situation like Northrup where you just make a note and move on.

Yup, and every time they allow it they hurt their argument that it's disqualifying.  Pretty hard to get on Trump for his past statements/transgressions when you won't police your own house.  And it hurts the #metoo movement which supposedly believes all women.  The race to the bottom continues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

But here’s the point- if he refuses to resign what then? Will the heavily Democratic state of New York recall him? I doubt it. Would they impeach him? (Not even sure they have the means for that). 
What Northrup demonstrated is that if you hold your ground it’s very difficult to remove you. 

There is no recall system in NY state so that is not an option.  There is now an investigations started of him which is being run by Letitia James (who already hates the man before all this).  Cuomo has strongly resisted allowing this investigation but was forced to give in.  He is also on the verge of losing his emergency powers over this and the nursing home thing.  

This is not over yet.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Godsbrother said:

He should resign but looks like he won't no matter how bad things become.  It is sad.

Leaders in government should at the very least be held to the same standards as most of us have to uphold at our jobs.  We should demand that but too many of us put party above decency so it is our own fault.

I'm not convinced on this.  There is now an independent investigation being conducted by the AG of NY state.  If they find improper conduct I think he'll have to resign.  Whether he would do so absent that I don't know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, massraider said:

I think the best thing is Cuomo to go, but it one party isn't going to hold their people accountable, then I don't think either party should. 

Then you're putting your party ahead of women's safety.  That's kind of evil, and it's also kind of dumb seeing as how Cuomo will just get replaced by a non-harassing Democrat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John123 said:

Yup, and every time they allow it they hurt their argument that it's disqualifying.  Pretty hard to get on Trump for his past statements/transgressions when you won't police your own house.  

But they are. 

There's an investigation, they are not letting Cuomo influence it, even tho he tried. 

Soooo, where's the repercussions for audio recordings of Trump bragging about sexual assault? 

The golden statue?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John123 said:

I'm not convinced on this.  There is now an independent investigation being conducted by the AG of NY state.  If they find improper conduct I think he'll have to resign.  Whether he would do so absent that I don't know.

Resign is a voluntary action. Nobody ever has to resign. Is there a means to fire him? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John123 said:

I'm not convinced on this.  There is now an independent investigation being conducted by the AG of NY state.  If they find improper conduct I think he'll have to resign.  Whether he would do so absent that I don't know.

I hope you are right and he does resign.  This has become such a distraction that he needs to go just for that reason alone.   Being a creep/sexual predator and the Covid nursing home fiasco should have been more than enough to hang your head in shame and hide.

It is too bad that our "leaders" feel they are above the law and common decency but again if they don't resign we rarely remove them from office.   This is why we get the untrustworthy leaders, we simply don't care unless it is someone from the opposing party. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Cuomo is not a loved man in the Democratic party in NY and hasn't been for a long-time.  Much of this stems from the deals in the NY state senate between Repulicans with the IDC until that blew up in 2018.  He is also viewed as a bully.  Here is a good article from the Times on that.  I think the political class in NY (espeically Progressives) whould love to see him go.  

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/22/nyregion/cuomo-new-york-covid.html 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, massraider said:

But they are. 

There's an investigation, they are not letting Cuomo influence it, even tho he tried. 

Soooo, where's the repercussions for audio recordings of Trump bragging about sexual assault? 

The golden statue?

BOTH the governor and Lt. governor of Virginia are still in office.  Cuomo is being investigated ONLY because the shine came off of him.  You're acting like he wasn't known to be corrupt and a creep all along.  Only after he had outlived his usefulness did his own party turn on him.  It reminds me of the Weiner case.  How many transgressions did Anthony Weiner have to be found guilty of before the Dems said "Uh, I guess we gotta get rid of this guy"?

Edited by John123
Link to post
Share on other sites

Democrats want him out just as much as Republicans because that gives them a chance in next year's election. If he stays, there is a higher chance we have a Republican governor next year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jobarules said:

Democrats want him out just as much as Republicans because that gives them a chance in next year's election. If he stays, there is a higher chance we have a Republican governor next year.

This is what I don't get about the "Well Trump got away with it so my guy should get away with it too" argument.  Trump was a terrible president and he just lost his reelection campaign.  If Cuomo resigns, you get to replace him with a different Democrat who hopefully doesn't have a history of killing old people and sexually harassing their granddaughters.  Why would you want this guy remaining in office where he can be a living talking point about how your party doesn't really care about women?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

This is what I don't get about the "Well Trump got away with it so my guy should get away with it too" argument.  Trump was a terrible president and he just lost his reelection campaign.  If Cuomo resigns, you get to replace him with a different Democrat who hopefully doesn't have a history of killing old people and sexually harassing their granddaughters.  Why would you want this guy remaining in office where he can be a living talking point about how your party doesn't really care about women?

Is anybody actually making that argument?

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Right.  And that party should be burned to the ground.

What was your point again?

Lolz Republicanz do it, so why can’t Dems?!

I think that’s his point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...