What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo (1 Viewer)

I think the frustration is that it was known all along what he did and that it was wrong.  We didn't know that he withheld information from the state legislature and if that admission hadn't become public he never would have been held accountable for the things he did previously. He still hasn't but it's looking more likely that he will be.  His policies and decisions literally killed people, and this FACT was known, and very few people cared.  NOONE on the left cared, which basically means 95% of this sub forum didn't care.  Not only did they not care but they covered for him.  Tim still thinks he did a bang up job because he speaks well.  So, this isn't about doing a happy dance that you've finally come around.  It's what it took for you to come around when the facts were right in front of you the whole time.

And, to clear, I'm not calling you out BB.  You're one of the best posters here.  But you included yourself in the post I quoted by saying "we" so I'm addressing this post to the entire "we" crowd by saying "you."
Not only did 95% of the left NOT CARE what Cuomo did, they then turned around and screamed that Trump was responsible for ALL of the covid deaths. 

Cuomo literally handed down death sentences to elderly people.  Unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:
GoBirds said:
Amazing you are so intent to die on this hill....this inability to own being wrong speaks volumes about all your positions. Everyone makes mistakes, being so intent to “stand by” why you wrote just looks sad. 
I like to think I admit when I’m wrong. I think Cuomo gave great speeches last spring and they helped to save lives. I still believe that. 

I am still, not at this time, ready to condemn the decision to send COVID patients to nursing homes. Howard Zucker said today that ICU beds were full at the time and they made the best decision they could with the information they had in February. That may be true, or it may not. I don’t have enough information to know. I agree with AOC and others that we need to have an investigation and find out. 
But some of the folks in this thread have gone way over the top in their rhetoric. 

Not only did 95% of the left NOT CARE what Cuomo did, they then turned around and screamed that Trump was responsible for ALL of the covid deaths. 

Cuomo literally handed down death sentences to elderly people.  Unbelievable.
My governor, Ned Lamont, did the same thing in sending covid positive patients to nursing homes.  I’ve worked in insurance my whole life insuring many of the same nursing homes and know many people in the industry.  They all saw the disaster coming and requested him to stop.  Knowing this I pulled my 87 year old father out of his assisted living home March 14th and luckily he is still with us today.  

I am still, not at this time, ready to condemn the decision to send COVID patients to nursing homes. Howard Zucker said today that ICU beds were full at the time and they made the best decision they could with the information they had in February. That may be true, or it may not. I don’t have enough information to know. I agree with AOC and others that we need to have an investigation and find out. 
But some of the folks in this thread have gone way over the top in their rhetoric. 
The governors had the option to send them to temporary medical shelters that were constructed/ set-up but never used.   The first mass outbreak of covid was in a nursing home so everyone knew the outcome when covid and the elderly meet.  

Newsom is not the nephew of Pelosi. When you repeat a falsehood like this, it destroys the credibility for any point you are trying to make....

Direct Headline: Gavin Newsom’s keeping it all in the family

by Dan Walters January 6, 2019Updated July 8, 2019

https://calmatters.org/commentary/2019/01/gavin-newsoms-keeping-it-all-in-the-family/

Direct Headline: The Sopranos: How Christopher Is Related To Tony (He's Not His Nephew)

The Sopranos features the close relationship of Tony and Christopher, but despite saying they're uncle and nephew, it's more complicated than that.

By James Hunt Published Jul 02, 2020

https://screenrant.com/sopranos-tony-christopher-related-cousins-uncle-nephew-how/

VIDEO: The Corrupt Four Families Of California ~ Newsom, Brown, Pelosi & Feinstein •May 8, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trcSpd_YWIA

The Pelosi and Newsom families have been tied at the hip for generations.

You should also write to David Chase and let him know that Chris Moltisanti is not technically the nephew of Tony Soprano and should have never been written onto the show at all.

Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to all this!

Many have tried to come after me in the PSF and how did it work out for them? How do you think it's going to work out for you?

My governor, Ned Lamont
An aside: How on earth did that happen to Connecticut? I remember both CT politics and when Lamont was new to the scene. In what universe did the good people of the Nutmeg State lose their minds to become so deep blue as to allow it?

The governors had the option to send them to temporary medical shelters that were constructed/ set-up but never used.   The first mass outbreak of covid was in a nursing home so everyone knew the outcome when covid and the elderly meet.  
I get it. I need to be convinced that it was a deliberate malevolent decision at the time. It may be that it was. I just don’t know. 

Remember he had a naval ship and Jacob Javits center he could've used but refused to do so because he didn't wanna give Trump the win.

I like to think I admit when I’m wrong. I think Cuomo gave great speeches last spring and they helped to save lives. I still believe that. 
WTH?  The dude was literally giving death sentences to the elderly at the same time you think he was giving "great speeches".  He not only didn't save lives, he increased the amount of dead.

Unbelievable.

An aside: How on earth did that happen to Connecticut? I remember both CT politics and when Lamont was new to the scene. In what universe did the good people of the Nutmeg State lose their minds to become so deep blue as to allow it?
We love to suffer here.  Lamont (people nicknamed him Jolly Ned)  is actually much better then his processor, Daniel p Malloy who was very much like cuomo, all rhetoric and a bully.  

None of the links prove your lie that Newsome is Pelosi's nephew.

Direct Headline: How eight elite San Francisco families funded Gavin Newsom’s political ascent

By Seema Mehta, Ryan Menezes and Maloy Moore Sept. 7, 2018

https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-pol-ca-gavin-newsom-san-francisco-money/

The incestuous spin goes further. You can track all of Newsom's core supporters - Traina, Fisher, Guggenhime, Buell, etc to Nancy Pelosi and her husband. A majority of the 3 trillion dollar stimulus proposed by Pelosi, the first attempt, included the most money, out of all money headed to individual states, going to bailing out California. The rest was going to Big Blue cities.  That was not a coincidence.

Why did we all spend so many episodes believing Chris was Tony Soprano's nephew!

Your anger is delicious.

WTH?  The dude was literally giving death sentences to the elderly at the same time you think he was giving "great speeches".  He not only didn't save lives, he increased the amount of dead.

Unbelievable.
Like others here you’re making a lot of assumptions. I’ll withhold judgment on the death sentences on this until we learn more. 

Take from Cuomo presser today is basically every man for himself now as he was casting blame on everyone but himself again and is taking zero responsibilty. Andy is not going down with the ship.
Figured he would just blame Trump so half the country would blindly buy it. 

Direct Headline: How eight elite San Francisco families funded Gavin Newsom’s political ascent

By Seema Mehta, Ryan Menezes and Maloy Moore Sept. 7, 2018

https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-pol-ca-gavin-newsom-san-francisco-money/

The incestuous spin goes further. You can track all of Newsom's core supporters - Traina, Fisher, Guggenhime, Buell, etc to Nancy Pelosi and her husband. A majority of the 3 trillion dollar stimulus proposed by Pelosi, the first attempt, included the most money, out of all money headed to individual states, going to bailing out California. The rest was going to Big Blue cities.  That was not a coincidence.

Why did we all spend so many episodes believing Chris was Tony Soprano's nephew!

Your anger is delicious.
None of that proves your lie that Gavin Newsom is Pelosi's nephew.

You dont remember those facilities practically unused? Revisionist history much?
I remember the ship. I remember it wasn’t used. At the time I recall reading that there were some logistical issues which I thought were dumb. 
What I do NOT remember is Cuomo refusing to use the ship because he didn’t want to make Trump look good. That’s the part that appears to be revisionist history, so far As I know. 

Take from Cuomo presser today is basically every man for himself now as he was casting blame on everyone but himself again and is taking zero responsibilty. Andy is not going down with the ship.
I just heard some of it. Sadly he appears to be Trumpian in his refusal to take any responsibility. That’s really too bad. 
I continue to suspect that the truth is he screwed up at the start of this and attempted to cover up. I don’t think he intentionally meant to do anything wrong. I certainly don’t think he is a murderer (FWIW I never thought Trump was one either.) Nonetheless my respect for Cuomo, largely based on those wonderful speeches (I knew very little about him before that) has gone way down. 

I just heard some of it. Sadly he appears to be Trumpian in his refusal to take any responsibility. That’s really too bad. 
I continue to suspect that the truth is he screwed up at the start of this and attempted to cover up. I don’t think he intentionally meant to do anything wrong. I certainly don’t think he is a murderer (FWIW I never thought Trump was one either.) Nonetheless my respect for Cuomo, largely based on those wonderful speeches (I knew very little about him before that) has gone way down. 
I don`t think he is a murderer.  Did he screw up and try to cover up the loss of lives?  Yes.  Did he threaten people?   Yes    Should he step down?  That is up to the people of NY to decide.

Was waiting for someone to slide Trump into the thread.

I remember the ship. I remember it wasn’t used. At the time I recall reading that there were some logistical issues which I thought were dumb. 
What I do NOT remember is Cuomo refusing to use the ship because he didn’t want to make Trump look good. That’s the part that appears to be revisionist history, so far As I know. 
The explanation for why something happens is always the easiest. Logistics issues makes no sense. Politics makes all the sense in the world.

The explanation for why something happens is always the easiest. Logistics issues makes no sense. Politics makes all the sense in the world.
So in other words what you wrote is based on an assumption that came out of your mind, not based on any real facts or statements. Gotcha. 

Sidebar: you are now going to withhold judgment on a political(-ish) issue until you learn more??  

Did someone steal your log-in info and start posting under your handle? 
If you’re critical of me now, just wait until I start ranking songs from Moving Pictures in my 1981 thread.

If you’re critical of me now, just wait until I start ranking songs from Moving Pictures in my 1981 thread.
Hadn't seen that thread till just now, but I wasn't critical of you here per se. It's just unusual for you to not pass judgment right away, which is certainly not exclusive to you nowadays. Twitter is proof of that. 

Man, you're missing the forest for the trees.

The problem isn't whether or not Cuomo got the nursing home deicison correct.  It's that he lied.  He lied and he profited and benefited off of the lies.  

You can't underreport deaths and then write a book about how good you're managing the pandemic.  You can't underreport deaths while the MSM is praising you and saying how you need to run for POTUS.  He may have saved lives. But he may also be responsible for up to 1,000 unnecessary deaths.  Those families don't feel he did a real good job at this point.  

The Nursing home issue is absurdly complex, and I don't have enough info to give a great assessment.  

The #1 thing is:  Were the nursing homes ready.  Did they have the appropriate protocols and PPE or did Cuomo rush them to the point that it spread more than it should have?  Based on the fact that they lied about the death totals, I suspect so. 

Yes, we need hospital beds.  But we still have to make sure nursing homes are ready to take those patients.  

But whether or not he made the right call?  That's not what gets you in trouble.  Similar to the Ted Cruz situation:  the coverup always causes you more problems than the act itself.

As to the ship, the narrative I remember was that it was to be used for procedures not covid related since it was an absolutely sterile environment.  People were puzzled why the CDC would then recommend shutting down all procedures at hospitals.  This ship was sitting there for that very reason.  I have to admit, it made no sense to me either.  It just sat there because the reason it was there in the first place was for something the CDC said wasn't a good idea and should be shut down.

Of course, YMMV on this....I didn't follow this through our MSM, so no telling what you guys were told.

ETA:  And this isn't a defense of anyone/anything...just a different perspective.  What Cuomo did is a problem and needs to be dealt with.  I look forward to the focus on other governors and their shadiness in the near future.  There are plenty.

As someone who leans left, I have to say the whole Cuomo situation is one of the most obvious examples I’ve seen of media bias in a long time.

Cuomo did a horrible job, bragged and wrote a book about it like a sociopath. Yet up until recently he’s faced very little scrutiny for his decision to throw the elderly back in nursing homes after having COVID.

I have a hard time believing a guy like DeSantis wouldn’t have gotten crushed if he had done what Cuomo did.

Man, you're missing the forest for the trees.

The problem isn't whether or not Cuomo got the nursing home deicison correct.  It's that he lied.  He lied and he profited and benefited off of the lies.  

You can't underreport deaths and then write a book about how good you're managing the pandemic.  You can't underreport deaths while the MSM is praising you and saying how you need to run for POTUS.  He may have saved lives. But he may also be responsible for up to 1,000 unnecessary deaths.  Those families don't feel he did a real good job at this point.  

The Nursing home issue is absurdly complex, and I don't have enough info to give a great assessment.  

The #1 thing is:  Were the nursing homes ready.  Did they have the appropriate protocols and PPE or did Cuomo rush them to the point that it spread more than it should have?  Based on the fact that they lied about the death totals, I suspect so. 

Yes, we need hospital beds.  But we still have to make sure nursing homes are ready to take those patients.  

But whether or not he made the right call?  That's not what gets you in trouble.  Similar to the Ted Cruz situation:  the coverup always causes you more problems than the act itself.
I totally agree with you. The lying, the cover up is awful. But there are folks in here who are claiming that Cuomo is a murderer, that he caused people to die. That’s the part that I’m skeptical about and won’t pass judgment on. Except to note that all of the people in this thread who are calling Cuomo a murderer are also outspoken Trump defenders, which makes me think that, like everything else, this is just another game to them. 

I totally agree with you. The lying, the cover up is awful. But there are folks in here who are claiming that Cuomo is a murderer, that he caused people to die. That’s the part that I’m skeptical about and won’t pass judgment on. Except to note that all of the people in this thread who are calling Cuomo a murderer are also outspoken Trump defenders, which makes me think that, like everything else, this is just another game to them. 
President Trump was called a murderer of 300,000+ people throughout the presidential campaign by the Democrats. Was it just a game to them as well?

President Trump was called a murderer of 300,000+ people throughout the presidential campaign by the Democrats. Was it just a game to them as well?
Yes. I thought that was awful and said so here. I think Trump handled the pandemic incompetently and many lives could have been saved if he had listened to Fauci and the other public health experts. But to label him a murderer was totally out of bounds. 

Media is citing some study that up to 1,000 unnecessary deaths were caused by this.

Again, I don’t have all of the specifics.

I work on the covid units.  Early on in this thing, there were no nursing home discharges.  And some nursing homes would send a positive patient out and refuse to take them back from the ER, even if the patient wasn’t ill enough to stay at the hospital.

Then it became “you have to have two negative tests prior to d/c.” Well that’s absurd.  People can test positive for 90-100 days despite no longer being contagious.  We had some people that were fine to go to their house but due to their ages and other problems they need to be in nursing homes.  And they were stuck in a hospital bed.

Some of that is absurd.  And I think a lot of nursing homes initially were hoping covid wouldn’t be their problem.  We shouldn’t slam Cuomo for saying “you guys gotta be part of thus.”

BUT part of nursing homes changing their silly rules was getting ready.  They gad to get enough PPE.  They had to develop protocols.  They had to figure out how to isolate covid patients and protect staff and non-covid patients.  They also had to prepare screening protocols for staff.

If Cuomo was pushing them to take patients before these things were in place, then he got it wrong.  Sure opening up hospital beds saves lives.  Stuffing patients in un-prepared nursing homes costs lives.

Maybe you can argue he saved more than he costed.  But how many lives do you need to save to justify the loss of 1?  Is 2 for 1 a good tradeoff?  3?  It’s easy to be on the outside of this and say “that decision saved more lives than it cost.”  The people who lost their loved ones are struggling with that.

:goodposting:

Not shocking they want to stop talking about hypocrisy.....when they display it daily. 

Which democrats called him a murderer of 300,000 people?  And please do better than some pissed off celebrities
Let me save everybody an annoying string of posts. 

They said he was responsible for the deaths, not the exact phrase of a murderer of 300k.

I would post a link to a youtube video of biden saying that trump was responsible for all of the deaths at that time(which was over 200k then), and 1000 a day ongoing, but I dont want to get some retort about youtube not making the ever changing source list. It is easy to find so anybody actually interested can find it. 

Kingprawn is using some hyperbole because ultimately it isnt much of a stretch to say that accusing somebody of being responsible for a death is not really different than calling them a murderer. It is different, but it is in the ballpark.

Users who are viewing this thread