What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo (1 Viewer)

In the end, everyone loses because 
...because there's no fair shake in the mainstream press, Republicans are prone to tune into false and misleading and sometimes downright toxic news outlets, all looking to make a buck off of the people rather than act as true gatekeepers of sound and pressing information.

....I'm in no hole.  Not digging. .....  Even if the hyperbole of saying murdered is being taken out.

Direct Headline: DEMOCRAT lawmaker: Cuomo 'just blamed my uncle for dying of COVID'

New York governor accused of covering up deaths of nursing-home residents

By Art Moore February 15, 2021  7:57pm

https://www.wnd.com/2021/02/4892573/

https://twitter.com/rontkim/status/1361418899791568898

It would be one thing if only Janice Dean, from Fox News, called Cuomo a criminal. However Assemblyman Ron Kim from NY, a Democrat, also demanded an public apology and admission of guilt from Cuomo for the death of his elderly uncle.

You know who wants out of a hole? Melissa DeRosa, former top lieutenant for Cuomo. She flipped because she realized if she didn't, it was all going to be pinned on her eventually.

You are trying to change the narrative to more Orange Man Bad when the real question is what does DeRosa have on Cuomo that hasn't hit the public view yet?

The liberal media will continue to make sure their team wins.  Cuomo’s situation will be covered up, ignored by most media outlets, and be forgotten in a couple of weeks. That is how this  country operates.   If you are a D, you love it.   If you are a R, you hate it.  In the end, everyone loses because this country is no longer about We, the People.  
Who has ignored it though?  Its been on nearly every media outlet for a while now.

Even CNN seems to be running stories almost every day. (At least the last 3 by just searching his name)

squistion said:
No it isn't  :lol:   A lack of response is not a response

Direct Headline: Celebrities who once gushed over Andrew Cuomo remain silent on alleged nursing home cover-up

Chelsea Handler, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jada Pinkett Smith and Cher are among stars who have backed the New York Gov. before

By Melissa Roberto February 12, 2021

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/celebrities-praised-andrew-cuomo-remain-silent-alleged-nursing-home-cover-up

VIDEO: 2020 International Emmy® Founders Award Presentation •Nov 23, 2020

2020 TV Founders Award Winner, Governor Cuomo presented by Bruce Paisner at the 48th International Emmy® Awards, November 23, 2020 in New York City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbrBB2AiZHk

https://youtu.be/IbrBB2AiZHk?t=492

Notice the above, where Cuomo talks about his press conferences offering "authentic truth"

Cuomo had plenty of response. While shipping the elderly to die, he responded by writing a victory lap book about it. While shipping the elderly off to die, he responded by giggling like a little schoolgirl when his brother, Chris 'Stop Calling Me Fredo To My Face' Cuomo, asked him if older brother was "single and ready to mingle again"  While shipping off the elderly to die, he responded by basking in being fawned over and celebrated as some kind of Emmy winning hero by brand name Hollywood stars.

There was no "lack of response" from Cuomo.

He climbed to the top of the mountain and shouted out all his virtues to the entire world. That mountain was actually a mound of dead Americans. They don't get to respond. No one spoke up for them. Not when it counted the most. And the truth is no one ever will.

Is that enough of a lack of response for you today?

I'll let others decide.

I don't normally get involved in the psf. But the hoops you've jumped through and the mental gymnastics you've gone through would make  Simone Bilas proud.
There were no hoops or mental gymnastics.

I took exception with the post made that Trump was accused of murdering 300,000 people by democrats all through the campaign.  it still appears that was not true at all.  The best we have is one statement from Biden (and he should not have said it...it was wrong and yes he said it).  I stated from the first post don't give me celebrities...and the post some decided to trumpet as a beat down...was little more than celebrities.  I specifically brought them up because we are cosntantly told their opinions don't matter.  yet the minute a celebrity posts something bad, its claimed as if they are speaking for democrats.  When they have a quality opinion its mocked...when Kathy Griffin does something good, she is held up as some sort of democratic party standard.  And its far from the truth.

The fact remains...there does not seem to be any push by any number of actual democrats to claim that trump has been responsible for all of the deaths...we have on statement from Biden...one.  And again, yes Id say he was wrong for saying that.  I think the context of the rest of his townhall is important in showing that I don't think that was a moment of him really thinking that...but he still said it and I won't excuse that.

but to call that hoops?  or digging a hole...thats incorrect and I think that is clear.

Who has ignored it though?  Its been on nearly every media outlet for a while now.

Even CNN seems to be running stories almost every day. (At least the last 3 by just searching his name)

Direct Headline: ‘Media Has Ignored It For A Year’: Meghan McCain Slams Media For Giving Cuomo A Pass While Blasting Cruz

Virginia Kruta February 19, 2021 12:35 PM ET

https://dailycaller.com/2021/02/19/meghan-mccain-slams-media-giving-cuomo-pass-cruz/

But it's not just "ignoring" it or not in recent times is it? It's pretending it never happened for a very long time until the election was over.

Real honor is doing the right thing when no one is looking. It's stepping up before you get run through the coals. It's taking the hit before it actually starts to cost you something because you can't live with it, even if you aren't ever going to be caught for it.

Here's something you can't ignore, if we are all a few people away from Kevin Bacon, then it stands to reason one of those thousands that died in those nursing homes due to Cuomo is linked in some way to someone here at FBG. Very likely a member of our community, our brotherhood, was impacted.

Your rationalized tribalism has very likely ignored the suffering of one of our own.

It's your free speech. But those words cost very dear when you stop looking just at yourself and realize there is an entire community around you.

Your rationalized tribalism has very likely ignored the suffering of one of our own.

It's your free speech. But those words cost very dear when you stop looking just at yourself and realize there is an entire community around you.
Personalizing this is a really bad look.

supermike80 said:
What??? That can't be!

Waiting for the defense of this one. 

Is he one of those wacky celebrities?

Maybe he's just one guy.  And not "everyone " as the cop will usually pull out. 

Interesting 
Before I scroll and continue reading going on record as I bet the mental gymnastics explaining that one are going to be a doozy

Is that enough of a lack of response for you today?
As usual what you quoted was completely unrelated to my post and the actual discussion.

It's like you are playing some sort of word association game, like here with the word "response" and run to do a Google search of the word and the thread title topic - then run back and post links and some quotes which come across as a non sequitur to what was being talked about. 

....  I stated from the first post don't give me celebrities.....

Direct Headline:Gov. Cuomo Says ‘Incompetent Government Killed People’ While NY Has Second Highest COVID-19 Death Rate

Dylan Housman January 26, 2021 6:09 PM ET

https://dailycaller.com/2021/01/26/andrew-cuomo-new-york-covid-19-coronavirus-msnbc-death-rate/

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1354192334267801601

How about we give you Cuomo himself?

He says incompetent government kills people ( He was referring to Trump since he immediately pointed out Biden as a 'relief' in contrast). Cuomo is right in an ironic way yet different way. He's the incompetent government here in this situation.

What you really don't want to be given is anything you don't actually want to hear.

Orange Man Bad is your favorite wrapping paper. Apparently you'll walk over thousands of elderly who perished to use it.

Feel free to keep trying to move the goal posts. You'll find I'll still be waiting for you at the new spot.

sho nuff said:

I dont think I claimed nobody stated it...I asked which prominent democrats stated he was responsible for murder...and even deleted the post minutes after I posted it (before there was any response) because I knew how it would play out.

Beat down...no.

Bad faith?  Yeah this and what you are responding to are definitely in bad faith.

Direct Headline: Governor Cuomo On The Issue Of Where Coronavirus Patients Died: ‘Who Cares? … They Died.’

By  Daily Wire News Jan 29, 2021 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/governor-cuomo-on-the-issue-of-where-coronavirus-patients-died-who-cares-they-died

Bad faith is hijacking a thread about Andrew Cuomo sending off the elderly to die, taking a victory lap for it with a book and getting an Emmy and then, when questioned by the press, he says it doesn't matter where they died and "who cares?"

You are splitting hairs about Orange Man Bad to derail an indefensible narrative about Cuomo.

It would be one thing if it was just this one thread here, but you do it in every thread.

It's your free speech, so do it. And my free speech will keep bringing it back to Andrew "Who Cares?" Cuomo.

crackattack said:
Silence is compliance 👍

Direct Headline: FLASHBACK: Chris Cuomo Asks If People Can Trust Data From Florida’s Governor

Virginia Kruta February 12, 2021 2:18 PM ET

https://dailycaller.com/2021/02/12/flashback-chris-cuomo-asks-can-trust-data-florida-governor/

https://twitter.com/ChrisCuomo/status/1287770789559885829

Here's an interesting situation with De Santis and Andrew Cuomo. De Santis has one of the oldest average age brackets for states in the US. He kept his state open and didn't have the casualty rate/scandal of Andrew Cuomo, however Chris Cuomo, as Andy's Personal Hatchet, previously asks if De Santis is being on the level with his reporting numbers for COVID19.

Now you know why Chris Cuomo was pulled from interviewing his brother currently on CNN. No one wanted this side of this story to come out.

Compliance is pretty easy when you have your own brother working for the MSM and spinning the narrative just for you and against your political enemies, customized and all.

The liberal media will continue to make sure their team wins.  Cuomo’s situation will be covered up, ignored by most media outlets, and be forgotten in a couple of weeks. That is how this  country operates.   If you are a D, you love it.   If you are a R, you hate it.  In the end, everyone loses because this country is no longer about We, the People.  
There is a criminal investigation. I wouldn’t be too sure. 

Assemblyman Ron Kim (D) statement against Andrew Cuomo:

https://twitter.com/rontkim/status/1362140627291557890/photo/1

Direct Headline: Cuomo gave immunity to nursing home executives after big campaign donations

Critics say data proves New York’s liability shield is linked to higher nursing home death rates during the pandemic

David Sirota Tue 26 May 2020 14.00 EDT

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/26/andrew-cuomo-nursing-home-execs-immunity

Direct Headline: Number of NY nursing home residents lost to COVID-19 underreported by up to 50%, probe says

Some facilities also failed to follow infection protocols, the report said.

ByLaura Romero January 28, 2021, 4:22 PM

https://abcnews.go.com/US/number-ny-nursing-home-residents-lost-covid-19/story?id=75541464

Here is where the rubber meets the road.

Greater New York Hospital Association (GNYHA) gave a combined 2.3 million dollars to Andrew Cuomo for his campaign fund. One of their main lobbyists is a firm owned and run by the father of Cuomo's top aide, Melissa DeRosa ( the one who flipped)  So Cuomo inserts a provision in the NY budget bill that says GNYHA has essentially full legal immunity from future COVID19 related litigation. Democrat Ron Kim, 8 months ago, and subject of recent claims of Andrew Cuomo  threatening him and his career if he didn't lie to the public and the press about the scandal, opposed this provision. Pointing out states with such provisions have a 7.5 times greater chance of having a resident die of COVID19.

So hiding the numbers wasn't just to shield from the court of public opinion, but to shade away questions about following the money trail from the GNYHA and Cuomo's alleged quid pro quo for legal immunity.

So the rough number right now is 8,671 deaths from NY long term care facilities.

Andrew Cuomo got 265.25 in campaign money per LTC death.

What's the value of a human life?

Now we know Andrew Cuomo's answer to that question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personalizing this is a really bad look.

Direct Headline: Cuomo: Nursing Home Staff Are Responsible for the Debacle

Beth Baumann  Feb 15, 2021 3:50 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2021/02/15/cuomos-nursing-home-blame-game-includes-three-different-tales-of-what-went-wrong-n2584759

VIDEO: Cuomo blames Nursing Home staff and visitors for COVID spread •Feb 15, 2021

Cuomo addressed what he described as the “distortion” over his March 25 directive, which directed nursing homes to accept recovering coronavirus patients, asserting that the virus did not enter nursing homes through the department’s controversial guidance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYGHo35-eRU

VIDEO: Coronavirus: Cuomo blames White House for directive on releasing patients back into nursing homes •May 23, 2020

During a briefing on New York State’s coronavirus response on Saturday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo was asked about a state directive that released over 4,500 recovering coronavirus patients into New York's vulnerable nursing homes in March. The governor said the state had approximately 68,000 infections at the time and the directive to release those patients was following the guidance put out by the Trump administration. “What New York did was follow what the Republican administration said to do,” Cuomo said. Gov. Cuomo added that "I refuse to politicize the discussion." He said he’s de-politicizing the discussion, saying “there’s no politics here.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMPL3L1Rd7U

Is it true?

I keep hearing how there needs to be the removal of things when people don't like how it makes them feel, but I don't hear enough about whether it's the truth or not.

People here have taken losses via COVID19. You can't have thousands upon thousands of people across the US and not have that be true. Those are our brothers here. If they mourn, we mourn with them.

Andrew Cuomo lied and withheld the truth because he didn't like how it made him feel about the job he was doing, or not doing and he didn't like how it would make the media, rival politicians and the public at large feel about the job he was doing or not doing.

The truth took a backseat to feelings, and where did things end up?

So now Cuomo blames the hard working nursing staff and everyone who works in those facilities. Have any of you been in a long term care facility before? And since the pandemic started? That's a high stress job and many people there aren't making very much money and since COVID19, that stress level and workload has to be through the roof. And yet Cuomo, desperate for any rope to cling to so he can save himself, blames them. And, of course, months prior, he blames Trump, and then Republicans and says he doesn't want to make it political.

He spent day after day, week after week, month after month, giving press conferences trying to make people "feel" better about things that were not the truth. So he could sell a book and get a statue.

Do we want to make it personal here Let's do that right now.

I said this in 2006 to the young greenhorns here and it's still true today - A man, a real man, owns his choices. He is responsible for his own life. He must take his destiny into his own two hands. No one wants to hear excuses and no one wants to hear blame when it's time to face up to the things you've done in this life. Being the captain of the ship means you get all the glory if you win, and all the blame if you lose. Success has many fathers. Failure is an orphan.

Andrew Cuomo decided to stop acting like a man. That's bigger than any political office. Bigger than fame. Bigger than money. Bigger than power. It's being able to wake up, look into the mirror in the morning, and be content that you didn't trade your integrity.  Because no one can take your integrity from you. In this life, you can only surrender it.

Cuomo bartered his integrity for a crappy book and a piece of metal he can put on a shelf. He sold cheap. But it was America who really paid that bill. So yes, if we are all picking up the tab, it is very very very personal indeed.

Direct Headline: Cuomo: Nursing Home Staff Are Responsible for the Debacle

Beth Baumann  Feb 15, 2021 3:50 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2021/02/15/cuomos-nursing-home-blame-game-includes-three-different-tales-of-what-went-wrong-n2584759
Cuomo is a scumbag for all of this. He deserves everything he gets, and it is very personal.

I was talking about you saying that sho defending his own position somehow implicates sho in not caring enough or being thoughtless about his FBG brethren. It was, if not directly stated, heavily implied in your post.

Cuomo is a scumbag for all of this. He deserves everything he gets, and it is very personal.

I was talking about you saying that sho defending his own position somehow implicates sho in not caring enough or being thoughtless about his FBG brethren. It was, if not directly stated, heavily implied in your post.
Which would be ridiculous about me...especially since I am not defending cuomo and stated i thought he should be held responsible and should resign.  And GG already knows I don’t read or respond to his posts.  

VIDEO: WATCH: Cuomo GRILLED by reporters over NURSING HOME SCANDAL •Feb 20, 2021

At yesterday’s press briefing, Gov. Andrew Cuomo took repeated questions on the New York nursing home scandal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmYmFc06LgU

This press conference is posted here because I wanted Cuomo to have a chance to defend himself.

Notes:

- Immediately calls de Blasio "confused"

- Cuomo calls it "slow in responding" with information about deaths, it's nearly the end of February in 2021. This guy needs three quarters of an entire year to do this?

- Cuomo deflects by saying why didn't anyone "send a demand letter/subpoena" for this data before?  You can't write a victory lap book and then say you are too busy to get the data out that is supposed to say you are a pandemic hero.

- He got a bunch of softball questions mixed in there, to give him easy outs in preset narratives he wanted.

- Cuomo snuck in some free shots at Fed Ex, where they had previous legal battles.

- Politico immediately asks for all documentation that the DOJ is getting. So Cuomo immediately blames Donald Trump. Then he goes after Republicans. Then the Capitol Protests/Riots.

https://youtu.be/tmYmFc06LgU?t=1069

Cuomo called the NY nursing home deaths - "all this other garbage" and that this is the product of "a personal agenda" against him.

- Cuomo blames family members of nursing home victims for riding on "only pieces of the information", well who was responsible for giving them full information?  He talks about only pushing forward "credible information" but how is that possible when he's been hiding information?

- Cuomo says it's horrible that "people" ( Why doesn't he just name the Republicans he wants to be eliminated and save everyone time here) are attacking the health department ( But he won't talk about his cowardly attacks and blame of nursing staff and LTC facility employees)

- He talks about the NY economy, he talks about people leaving and lost revenue. (What did he think would happen when he locked everything down and shut down the city?)

- His overall narrative is he will "no longer be complacent" ( So Cuomo has time to WRITE A DAMN BOOK celebrating his heroism, court Hollywood for an Emmy and also be, in his own words, complacent, but he can't get out actual true data and he can't answer the grieving to their faces on why their elderly relatives are now dead)

Looks like Andrew Cuomo has some things in common with some posters in this thread - See how far you can go to desperately get off the subject of Andrew Cuomo sending the elderly to their deaths and to talk about anyone and anything else.

This thread is about Andrew Cuomo, so I'm gonna talk about Andrew Cuomo. For those in the Derailment Matters Movement, I can assure you, rock bottom dollar, this thread is going to stay about Andrew Cuomo.

sho nuff said:
Already replied...he said it...and screwed up and was hit for it by pretty much every fact checker.

Stated differently earlier in the townhall as well and never repeated it...correct?

So was it some big movement that Trump murdered all of them?  Or that Trump was responsible for every death?  No...it wasn't.  It wasn't even a thing from Biden after that...was it?
Gotta love the guy.  He says.  "Well no one important said it"  then the quote from the current president and he turns it into  "well he didn't say it twice!"  No credibility.  

I agree with President Biden. Donald Trump behaved incompetently and his inaction resulted in thousands of deaths. That is not close to the same as murder. Murder, by definition, is deliberate. There is no evidence that Trump deliberately wanted anyone to die. He just screwed up, bigly, and later on refused to take any responsibility for his mistakes. (Cuomo appears to be in a similar position.) 

Gotta love the guy.  He says.  "Well no one important said it"  then the quote from the current president and he turns it into  "well he didn't say it twice!"  No credibility.  
You probably should read what I actually all said and not paraphrase and realize what i responded to as well.

I agree with President Biden. Donald Trump behaved incompetently and his inaction resulted in thousands of deaths. That is not close to the same as murder. Murder, by definition, is deliberate. There is no evidence that Trump deliberately wanted anyone to die. He just screwed up, bigly, and later on refused to take any responsibility for his mistakes. (Cuomo appears to be in a similar position.) 
That isn’t what Biden said there though. They are right on that...he was wrong for saying it that way.  And I suspect based on his other  comments he knows that as well.

NY'er here and while I was not a fan of Cuomo, I thought at the beginning his press conferences were strong and what the people of NY needed. I watched them pretty much everyday but then you could start seeing a large change in his demeanor from helpful to more dictatorial, eventually becoming outright belligerent and constantly blaming Trump and the Fed all the while saying how he "keeps politics out of it" 

Such a total crock of garbage.  He blamed everyone and everything on the Fed including financial issues that were caused by the state being basically bankrupt well before the pandemic. So the fed went out and supplied ventilators, SS Comfort and triage tents in Central Park. But he still deflected and claimed the Fed was denying them help and financial support. He then started floating the idea that it was Trumps fault that NYS spends more in Fed Taxes then they get back, when in reality that has been the case since the 1940s.

Then he releases his book mid-pandemic. Then his "NY Tough" poster where is says "Wake up America, Forget the politics" but shows Trump sitting foolishly up on a moon. It also has the balls to show a rope that represents "flattening the curve" being pulled down by heroic first responders....and his 3 daughters...and dog. Completely narcissistic. 

He scolded everyone about wear masks, not travel and not have family gatherings. THen gets photographed in Baltimore at an event without a mask, and caught having multiple people at his house for a holiday. 

It took him until May 2020 to begin to reduce the MTA subways system and allow for regular cleaning, even when tracing tests were showing the train and subways system were huge contributors to CV19 infections. Many homeless were using the trains to sleep and move around freely. 

He has historically fought the teacher's union and rallied against public education. And while the school districts were scrambling to try and educate their students, and teachers and administrators were displaced and scattered, he sneaks in the Gates foundation to "reinvent public education." There was zero input from any level of education, regents board or administration. Just grasping a crisis opportunity to make the changes he couldn't do publicly. 

Business wise, he crippled small business and the local economy by enacting regulations over these small business and forced them to stay closed all while the mega box stores like Home Depot, Target and other mass retail establishments to remain open. Locations that allowed 100's of people a day in their stores, but a local business with 20 patrons a day and could control the sanitation better were ordered to stay shut. Even after some reopening guidance, he was sending NYS inspectors into some establishments 4-5x per day activity looking for finable offenses  and reasons to pull liquor licenses. Where as pre-covid, inspectors would show up maybe 1x every 6-8 months. Establishments that were openly pro-Trump were targets and fined heavily. Business owners were afraid to speak out for fear of retribution. Our Chamber of Commerce (where I am a board member) were on special committees organized by ours and other local Assemblymen to try and allow Cuomo to give some control back to the local districts (we are on Long Island, 4 hours away from Albany) and were told to basically "pound sand" by Cuomo. 

The guy is a power hungry bully and while his nursing home deaths are a huge black eye, there are a ton of things state wide that he has done to make him very much despised by NY'ers. 

That isn’t what Biden said there though. They are right on that...he was wrong for saying it that way.  And I suspect based on his other  comments he knows that as well.

VIDEO: Daughter of New York nursing home resident: ‘My mother died of neglect because of Governor Cuomo’

February 1, 2021

https://news.yahoo.com/daughter-york-nursing-home-resident-124314819.html

Janice Dean Tweet On Media Suppression About Cuomo Involvement:

https://twitter.com/JaniceDean/status/1355496646277091328

Direct Headline: Woman Tells ‘Fox & Friends’ Media Asked Her Not To Blame Cuomo For Nursing Home Deaths [UPDATE]

By  Hank Berrien •Feb 1, 2021 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-furious-woman-whose-mother-died-in-ny-nursing-home-says-nbc-news-blocked-her-mentioning-cuomos-name

As you attempt to roll some more Orange Man Bad to derail the thread about Andrew Cuomo, let's look deeper into your point about "what a person actually said"

Dawn Best lost her mother to COVID19 in one of those NY nursing homes, so she claims Lester Holt, NBC News and The Today Show all asked her to NOT use Andrew Cuomo's name when talking about her mother's death, and instructed/corrected her to say "New York" instead.

But hey, since it's not Donald Trump, it's (D)ifferent right?

Because clearly it's much easier to not blame Andrew Cuomo if no one can put actual faces, pictures, names, tears, right in your face pain, accusations and anything other than a flat empty number, cooked no less, on a sheet of paper.

Someone, anyone, tell all of us, tell us what is the exact right way to say  - It's (D)ifferent This Time.

VIDEO: NYC | Cuomo Gives Himself A Raise In Salary, While Causing The Collapse Of The NYS Economy •Nov 20, 2020

As NYS has the highest unemployment rate in the entire country governor Cuomo somehow thinks he deserves a raise. While millions are losing their jobs, Cuomo takes a bigger cut of the people's taxes. With the economy in ruins and lockdowns on the way, our governor votes himself a pay raise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THDShjsolv0

VIDEO: Gov. Cuomo Gives Himself a $25k Raise! | The Dana Show •Nov 18, 2020

Dana Loesch unloads on New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on giving himself a $25,000 after massive failures with his state's pandemic response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxlrrUiHfKU

Andrew Cuomo locks down New York ( so he can try to keep the numbers down, cooked no less to boot, to help his own future reelection campaigns and his hopes to be POTUS one day) and there is a 63 billion dollar deficit. Like other major cities, NY had to look at furloughs and lay offs for the rank and file, but he gives himself a raise.

Then when criticized, he says it was in the works long before the pandemic happened and it's just too late now.

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/794070-gov-andrew-cuomo/?do=findComment&comment=23262411

So, if we look back to a previous reply where Cuomo got 265 dollars, for every dead elderly person in a LTC facility from COVID19, in campaign contributions from Big Corporate Health in NY to give them legal immunity, that means that the raise Cuomo gave himself could have bought back the lives of 94 New Yorkers.

Can someone explain what is the "similar position" on actual blood money in New York?

But we can't talk about blood money can we? We have to only talk about the hijacked narrative about some more Orange Man Bad in a thread about Andrew Cuomo.

What exactly is NOT deliberate about taking in blood money?

Direct Headline: Time magazine's 'Person of the Year' nominees: Stacey Abrams, Andrew Cuomo, Dr. Fauci, Gretchen Whitmer, BLM activists

The pool of contenders is predictably extremely left-leaning and has no shortage of Democratic politicians

Paul Sacca November 29, 2020

https://www.theblaze.com/news/time-person-of-the-year-2020-nominees

Time Magazine: "Shadow Campaign" Influenced 2020 Election Against Trump (2/9 1:54 PST)

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/792804-time-magazine-shadow-campaign-influenced-2020-election-against-trump-29-154-pst/

You know what I'd like to do right now? Not talk about Donald Trump and the pandemic ( no shortage of threads here in the PSF on that) and Biden's comparison to Trump and talk about Andrew Cuomo in a thread about Andrew Cuomo needlessly sending the elderly to their deaths.

So not only did Cuomo give himself a raise and enforced a brutal lock down while his beloved state was in shambles, court an Emmy and write a victory lap book celebrating his own opinion of his greatness, he also managed to snag a coveted Time Person Of The Year nomination. From the same long standing magazine that did a spread about how the 2020 election was "fortified" by the machinery of a cabal of special interests.

I mean, this shadowy cabal of power brokers did it for all of you, the American people, just like Andrew Cuomo did everything he did for beloved New York and the citizens he was supposed to protect.  Everyone believes that, right?

Is there a wrong way to say someone is a hero when all they've done is betray their office, their people, their duty and their integrity?

Nah.   You've shown yourself to be completely non credible with this thread.  No point in providing any links for you, you will either ignore them or twist what you said.  
I haven’t been the one  twisting what Ive said.  Ive repeated it verbatim and will directly quote my own posts.  I have no need to twist what I said.  I leave that to others...which is why this thread has gone where it has.

I haven’t been the one  twisting what Ive said.  Ive repeated it verbatim and will directly quote my own posts.  I have no need to twist what I said.  I leave that to others...which is why this thread has gone where it has.
Ok. Whatever you say. Utterly pointless to disagree with you.  Moving on.

NY'er here and while I was not a fan of Cuomo, I thought at the beginning his press conferences were strong and what the people of NY needed. I watched them pretty much everyday but then you could start seeing a large change in his demeanor from helpful to more dictatorial, eventually becoming outright belligerent and constantly blaming Trump and the Fed all the while saying how he "keeps politics out of it" 

Such a total crock of garbage.  He blamed everyone and everything on the Fed including financial issues that were caused by the state being basically bankrupt well before the pandemic. So the fed went out and supplied ventilators, SS Comfort and triage tents in Central Park. But he still deflected and claimed the Fed was denying them help and financial support. He then started floating the idea that it was Trumps fault that NYS spends more in Fed Taxes then they get back, when in reality that has been the case since the 1940s.

Then he releases his book mid-pandemic. Then his "NY Tough" poster where is says "Wake up America, Forget the politics" but shows Trump sitting foolishly up on a moon. It also has the balls to show a rope that represents "flattening the curve" being pulled down by heroic first responders....and his 3 daughters...and dog. Completely narcissistic. 

He scolded everyone about wear masks, not travel and not have family gatherings. THen gets photographed in Baltimore at an event without a mask, and caught having multiple people at his house for a holiday. 

It took him until May 2020 to begin to reduce the MTA subways system and allow for regular cleaning, even when tracing tests were showing the train and subways system were huge contributors to CV19 infections. Many homeless were using the trains to sleep and move around freely. 

He has historically fought the teacher's union and rallied against public education. And while the school districts were scrambling to try and educate their students, and teachers and administrators were displaced and scattered, he sneaks in the Gates foundation to "reinvent public education." There was zero input from any level of education, regents board or administration. Just grasping a crisis opportunity to make the changes he couldn't do publicly. 

Business wise, he crippled small business and the local economy by enacting regulations over these small business and forced them to stay closed all while the mega box stores like Home Depot, Target and other mass retail establishments to remain open. Locations that allowed 100's of people a day in their stores, but a local business with 20 patrons a day and could control the sanitation better were ordered to stay shut. Even after some reopening guidance, he was sending NYS inspectors into some establishments 4-5x per day activity looking for finable offenses  and reasons to pull liquor licenses. Where as pre-covid, inspectors would show up maybe 1x every 6-8 months. Establishments that were openly pro-Trump were targets and fined heavily. Business owners were afraid to speak out for fear of retribution. Our Chamber of Commerce (where I am a board member) were on special committees organized by ours and other local Assemblymen to try and allow Cuomo to give some control back to the local districts (we are on Long Island, 4 hours away from Albany) and were told to basically "pound sand" by Cuomo. 

The guy is a power hungry bully and while his nursing home deaths are a huge black eye, there are a ton of things state wide that he has done to make him very much despised by NY'ers.
All true. At first it was "staying 100 miles away from politics", which was good. He did help people understand when Covid was first hitting hard here, big time. If people recall, Covid was initially viewed as a "NY problem", "oh we're not like NY" was a prevalent attitude early while NY was getting ravaged. Then once things got "better" he got highly political. Many refer to him as "Dictator Cuomo", which isn't wrong. Suffolk County here.

Direct Headline: Mainstream media ignores sexual harassment allegations against Gov. Andrew Cuomo

CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC and CBS skipped 'shocking' claims about the liberal media darling

By Brian Flood 12/14/20

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mainstream-media-ignores-sexual-harassment-allegations-against-gov-andrew-cuomo

Direct Headline: The sexual harassment allegation against Gov. Andrew Cuomo, explained

A New York City Democratic candidate says Cuomo harassed her for years.

By Anna North Dec 14, 2020, 4:00pm EST

https://www.vox.com/22174452/andrew-cuomo-lindsey-boylan-sexual-harassment

It's one thing if the allegations are true or not, it's another if the left leaning MSM suppresses the story. Andrew Cuomo is too high profile for this allegation not to get larger traction. So you start to see a pattern of behavior on why the cooking of the nursing home numbers prior to Election Day could and did happen without much major media scrutiny.

This of course starts to look ugly for the DNC as a whole. Stacey Abrams is not going to get a ton of DNC support when she runs for Governor again. She won't be able to hide the ballot chasing/ballot harvesting in Georgia forever. You can't register 850K+ new voters in that short of amount of time and do it cleanly. No one in politics is going to ever believe that. She stepped up for the party, even donating money while in massive personal debt, and now the DNC has to leave her out to dry. Associating with her will look like they were buying votes.

Used Abrams.  Turfed her.

Used Andrew Cuomo for the headlines. When he ran out of spears to throw, turfed him too.

Bernie Sanders? Ticket stolen from him in 2016. No one actually disputes that ever.

Tulsi Gabbard? Shanked and gutted from the debate cycle for actually lining up with Sanders and daring to question Kamala The Great And Wonderful

Pete Buttigieg? Has no chance in 2024 and everyone here knows it. Not has no chance because he couldn't win the ticket clean, but has no chance because the establishment old guard in DNC HQ have proven before that they'll eliminate anyone who doesn't fit their agenda, actual American public be damned. Not sure? Ask Bernie Sanders how fair elections work in America.

But hey, again, it's clearly (D)ifferent This Time

Where has "this thread gone" you ask? Well since you can't hijack it anymore, you appear to have lost interest.

Does it sound like I've lost interest?

Im not saying there weren't a few that did think that way.  I don't think it was nearly as big of a push that some are making it out to be now.

Direct Headline: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Reaped $6.2 Million In Campaign Cash From 347 State Vendors Who Pocketed $7 Billion Since 2014

Adam Andrzejewski  Oct 28, 2020,07:00am

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2020/10/28/new-york-gov-andrew-cuomo-reaped-62-million-in-campaign-cash-from-347-state-vendors-who-pocketed-7-billion-since-2014/

https://truepundit.com/ny-gov-cuomo-reaped-6-2-million-in-campaign-cash-from-347-state-vendors-who-pocketed-7-billion-since-2014/

MAP Of Cuomo Campaign Donations Received:

https://www.openthebooks.com/maps/?Map=90032&MapType=Pin&Zip=11556

- Between 2014 to 2019, 347 state vendors received 7 billion in state payments from New York. Those same companies gave $6.2 million in political donations to Cuomo , which represents more than half of his $11.9 million  governor’s campaign financial warchest.

- New York has an "anomaly" in it's state laws where individuals/corporations negotiating or working under linked federal contracts can give political campaign donations to federal candidates or parties or committees.

- Greater New York Hospital Association (GNYHA, as discussed in above reply) gave $1 million to Cuomo’s re-election in 2018. In February 2020, Cuomo appointed former board members Michael Dowling (CEO of Northwell Health that got $10 million in state payments in 2019)  and Dennis Rivera to chair NY's State Medicaid system, that is now currently  $4 billion in debt. Before appointment, Dowling gave Cuomo a $5,000 campaign donation and Dennis Rivera gave $15,000 out of his groups total of $95,250.

( Does anyone believe Cuomo’s healthcare power broker cronies and major campaign donors had no say in transferring positive COVID19 patients to nursing homes and get them out of their hospitals?)

-  RXR Realty, LLC, CHA Consulting, Inc., founded as Clough, Harbour & Associates

- Deloitte; Ernst & Young; KPMG; and Price Waterhouse Cooper

- Citibank , Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase

- Comcast CMCSA,  NBC Universal UVV, Time Warner, AT&T . Verizon, Cablevision

- Multiple major NY law firms

It's a long list. Our tax dollars and also my tax dollars ( I own property in Brooklyn) traded in bulk for Cuomo to line his own pockets.

So Cuomo says he didn't have enough time to get out accurate information about the nursing home/LTC facility scandal. But he had time to write a self congratulatory book, help his political cronies profit so they could kick back money to him, do daily press conferences, court an Emmy with Hollywood, sexually harass women and bantering with his brother on CNN celebrating his individual greatness including gossiping about his future dating life.

How many DECADES did I spend paying property taxes and literally every other kind of tax on the books for all of this?  So Cuomo could take all of our blood and sweat, from everyday Americans, and recycle it so he could walk in front of a camera and spit in all of our faces?

Ever since this scandal broke this dude has been opening EVERYTHING up all of a sudden. Movie theaters, theme parks, dancing at weddings, etc. Its almost as if he's trying to distract the public.

Ever since this scandal broke this dude has been opening EVERYTHING up all of a sudden. Movie theaters, theme parks, dancing at weddings, etc. Its almost as if he's trying to distract the public.
And the Yankees, thankfully.

His disapproval rating among Democrats has more than tripled since July. He desperately wants to be remembered for handling the pandemic well. That's not happening. 

I specifically remember a big lib I work with,  praising Cuomo's leadership, and handling of the pandemic, early on.....his polished lip service pressers made him seem like he was making all the right moves......when in actuality, he was just saying all the right things like a polished politician does.

So he's a:

1. Bully.

2. Liar.

3. Responsible for thousands of deaths.

4. Covers up said deaths 

5. Accused of sexual harassment/assault.

Are there any protests outside his home? Any metoo people protesting online or outside NY government buildings? Any tweet raging by "liberals" about believe all women? No??? SHOCKED!!! I wonder what it is about him that's different. Hmmmmm. Just can't put my finger on it.

crackattack said:
True. Cuomo seems like a swell guy. 
Imagine a 63 year old guy wants to play strip poker with you.      I apologize to anyone eating at this moment.

Users who are viewing this thread