What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things That Annoy Me (1 Viewer)

I don’t live where there are sidewalks. But my daughter does and I believe you have 24 hours after a storm to shovel your sidewalk or you could be fined
I totally get why but that must really suck.  I’ve never shoveled snow in my life so just another reason to never move North.

Courtjester said:
People who won't shovel their sidewalks. 

I get it sometimes you might be out of town for that weekend or you may be sick--things happen. But If I have to drag my lazy, fat self out there in -5 degree weather and shovel, you need to. 
So much this.  And the fallout from not shoveling brings up another annoyance.

When people in our neighborhood don't shovel their sidewalks, everyone has to walk their dogs in the street.  Luckily, the primary road has bike lanes (and no one is riding their bikes in the snow) so you don't actually have to walk in traffic.  But:

When on a road, walk facing traffic!!!

Almost every day, I feel like I'm playing chicken with people walking with their backs to traffic who expect me to move out of their way.  Unless it's someone with a little kid or someone really old, at this point, I never give in.  Last week, a younger couple (no kid, no dog) was walking right at me and my two dogs and yelled out "Give us 6-feet."  Since I moved away from Philly, I've been immeasurably less confrontational, but couldn't keep myself from shouting back something profane.  They moved to the other side of the street.

I sound angry.

I sound angry.
I used to love when the people on my block would cordon off an area for the kids to play in the street by setting up cones for the cars to warn them to slow down and avoid the minefield that were toys, running children, drinking parents stumbling, etc. My engine tends to rev really loudly (I have not modified it that way, it just does) when I depress the accelerator. I'd always have to brake and accelerate through the minefield, constantly quieting and then revving my engine up to untold volumes just to avoid the poor dears WHO HAD BEEN PERMITTED TO PLAY IN THE BUSY STREET BY THEIR PARENTS, ASSUMING SOMEHOW THEY HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY IN THE STREET WHEN THE PROPERTY LINE CLEARLY ENDS AT THE LAWN. So it is that all-caps just sounded about as angry as I felt when they would glare at me for seemingly going too fast (never) because of a betrayal by my own engine. As time went by, I began to love the dirty looks.

Bring 'em on.

As time went by, I began to love the dirty looks.

Bring 'em on.
Ha, I'm the guy giving dirty looks now (though I definitely never let my kid or dogs play in the road).  These days, it's usually at the amazon delivery drivers who are hitting 40 mph on our 25 mph neighborhood streets. 

I know what you mean about the loud engine though - my wife has a really loud sports car and she sometimes gets the disapproving head shake even when she's going below the speed limit - that extra engine roar when she downshifts from third to second seems to really freak out pedestrians.

Ha, I'm the guy giving dirty looks now (though I definitely never let my kid or dogs play in the road).  These days, it's usually at the amazon delivery drivers who are hitting 40 mph on our 25 mph neighborhood streets. 

I know what you mean about the loud engine though - my wife has a really loud sports car and she sometimes gets the disapproving head shake even when she's going below the speed limit - that extra engine roar when she downshifts from third to second seems to really freak out pedestrians.
Yup. I really wasn't worried about the younger dears getting in my way. That was easy enough, and I'm pretty accommodating. It was that darn moment that the engine would start racing and everybody would stop what they were doing and start glaring at my car because Mr. Inconsiderate and reckless party pooper extraordinaire was obviously going too fast while the kids were playing.

Argh. I wanted so many times to stop and go "Twenty. I'm doin' twenty and even then I'm slowin' down..." Not to worry on my end, though. Most of them have moved or the kids got older and don't play in the street anymore from when I first moved here. It's a little bit of a wistful memory now. Time flies.

Neighbor just now had a tree removal crew out taking a tree down

Now I don't mind the tree coming down, but there is a foot of snow on the ground, and it's friggen 9AM on a Saturday morning

Come on man.

I used to love when the people on my block would cordon off an area for the kids to play in the street by setting up cones for the cars to warn them to slow down and avoid the minefield that were toys, running children, drinking parents stumbling, etc. My engine tends to rev really loudly (I have not modified it that way, it just does) when I depress the accelerator. I'd always have to brake and accelerate through the minefield, constantly quieting and then revving my engine up to untold volumes just to avoid the poor dears WHO HAD BEEN PERMITTED TO PLAY IN THE BUSY STREET BY THEIR PARENTS, ASSUMING SOMEHOW THEY HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY IN THE STREET WHEN THE PROPERTY LINE CLEARLY ENDS AT THE LAWN. So it is that all-caps just sounded about as angry as I felt when they would glare at me for seemingly going too fast (never) because of a betrayal by my own engine. As time went by, I began to love the dirty looks.

Bring 'em on.
People that don't use paragraphs 

Now I don't mind the tree coming down, but there is a foot of snow on the ground, and it's friggen 9AM on a Saturday morning

Come on man.
what does this have to do with the tree?  I am shuked

Last edited by a moderator:
annoy me - 

folks that walk their dogs and let them poop in your yard.. and not clean it up

folks that let the dog run around the neighborhood and poop wheverever

neighbors that have bird feeders out that feed every bird,squirrel, chipmunk and goose for miles.... you know that means - piles of goose poop - mice trying to make a home in your shed, chimpunks tearing up the yard  etc...  solution... a rat terrier that was bred for that.... seemed to keep the problem at bay.. until he passed this past spring :cry:   Pellet gun may be next;  cause it isn't just a little bird food - the feeders are not set up well so he has like 4 feeders and put enough food out for an army and throw it on the ground etc.... he then started to complain that a chipmunk was making a home in his garage... LOL;  I am all for taking of the wildlife, but use a little common sense my man...

parents who let their kids play in the street

parents who don't teach their kids manners;

people who don't return phone calls;

Come on man.
I think 9 AM on Saturday is fair game, but not much earlier.  Sunday that early would be different.  JMO.

I had a neighbor (since deceased) that had a few loud parties until 3-4 AM.  I always got up especially early to mow those days.  Talk about dirty looks.  :lmao:  

I think 9 AM on Saturday is fair game, but not much earlier.  Sunday that early would be different.  JMO.

I had a neighbor (since deceased) that had a few loud parties until 3-4 AM.  I always got up especially early to mow those days.  Talk about dirty looks.  :lmao:  
I get up early, and when I want to do yard work I’ll wait until 9. If my neighbors aren’t up, well sorry. I mow their lawn too (both neighbors, front yards anyway) so they would never complain. I shovel their walks too, or blow the snow if there’s a lot, usually 5-6am. I don’t really care about my neighbors sleeping habits; if they complain, well I’ll just stay on my property and they can get a ticket when it doesn’t get done. I’m courteous, but I’m not going to wait around for hours just because the neighbors stay up late. 

People diving too fast down my street; people parking on the wrong side of the street. 

There used to be a no parking sign in front of my neighbors house, but some guy driving too fast somehow hopped the curb, hit the sign but missed the telephone pole and tree, hit the rocks at the end of my driveway (big rocks that make a flower bed) and unearthed them, then ran over an old oak stump that was in front of my other neighbors house, leaving his bumper and some other broken car pieces all over. Now I sometimes get someone parking in front of my house. 

Just this winter a car lost control and took out the fence of the neighbor across the street, hit his car and pushed it into the adjacent house, nearly missing his wife who was shoveling...then the guy sped off. 

That was the only one I thought of, too. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. Thanks, Editor Getz.
Your command of the English language is so much greater than mine. So I am honored by your acknowledgment here. 

My 8th grade English teacher, Mrs. Brakesman (who appeared on Playboy the year before), would also be proud that I actually took something other than a woody away from her class.

Bulk trash is set to be picked up starting Monday and we have been able to place trash on edge of property by the street since last Saturday.  We cleaned out the house and I placed about 25 large trash bags out by the street for pick up.  I tied up the bags so nothing would blow away with wind.  

My issue is people keep coming by scouring through the garbage and tearing open the plastic bags leaving everything in pieces scattered everywhere.  I rebagged the stuff three days in a row.  These people can rot in hell.

you have fun up there is your grammar ivory tower ill be the guy leaving with your papershaker while your off grading everyones posts take that to the bank brohans   
Can't grade what I can't read.   I can't get through something really long w/o losing my place.  

Your command of the English language is so much greater than mine. So I am honored by your acknowledgment here. 

My 8th grade English teacher, Mrs. Brakesman (who appeared on Playboy the year before), would also be proud that I actually took something other than a woody away from her class.
I presume you and all the other boys in your class obtained said issue of Playboy? 

Bring 'em on.
Great work in the Rush thread bud.  I have never :wub:  you more.  Genuinely.

People who bring their dogs into stores/restaurants/offices/etc.  But FAR more than that, said people who do not keep their dogs to themselves.  I don't want your dog sniffing my crotch, licking my shins, or jumping up and putting his paws on my pants.  You love your dog, good for you.  Not everyone loves your dog.

People who bring their dogs into stores/restaurants/offices/etc.  But FAR more than that, said people who do not keep their dogs to themselves.  I don't want your dog sniffing my crotch, licking my shins, or jumping up and putting his paws on my pants.  You love your dog, good for you.  Not everyone loves your dog.
Yep. And I feel the same way about children and babies. Except for the crotch part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Animals usually get along well with me, but there was this one time a very aggressive dog absolutely needed to smell my crotch.  For a second  there I thought I might lose the family jewels.

Leroy Hoard said:
Animals usually get along well with me, but there was this one time a very aggressive dog absolutely needed to smell my crotch.  For a second  there I thought I might lose the family jewels.
The family jewels?

Angry Beavers said:
annoy me - 

folks that walk their dogs and let them poop in your yard.. and not clean it up

folks that let the dog run around the neighborhood and poop wheverever

neighbors that have bird feeders out that feed every bird,squirrel, chipmunk and goose for miles.... you know that means - piles of goose poop - mice trying to make a home in your shed, chimpunks tearing up the yard  etc...  solution... a rat terrier that was bred for that.... seemed to keep the problem at bay.. until he passed this past spring :cry:   Pellet gun may be next;  cause it isn't just a little bird food - the feeders are not set up well so he has like 4 feeders and put enough food out for an army and throw it on the ground etc.... he then started to complain that a chipmunk was making a home in his garage... LOL;  I am all for taking of the wildlife, but use a little common sense my man...

parents who let their kids play in the street

parents who don't teach their kids manners;

people who don't return phone calls;
Neither here nor there really, but growing up my dad had bird feeders within squirrel jumping distance of our fence, and they predictably would try to get into them. I think part of my affinity for a long gun today began with a pellet rifle and picking squirrels off the fence (not a fence with anything behind it, we tended to be among the first homes in developing neighborhoods with huge open fields behind them).

I miss those days. 

Neither here nor there really, but growing up my dad had bird feeders within squirrel jumping distance of our fence, and they predictably would try to get into them. I think part of my affinity for a long gun today began with a pellet rifle and picking squirrels off the fence (not a fence with anything behind it, we tended to be among the first homes in developing neighborhoods with huge open fields behind them).

I miss those days. 
I still love to grease the pole up to the feeder at my mom's. It's hilarious to watch the squirrels sliding down.

I don’t live where there are sidewalks. But my daughter does and I believe you have 24 hours after a storm to shovel your sidewalk or you could be fined
I live in MN where the opportunity for such a scenario to occur is high. I can assure, no one is ever fined. I'd liken it to people getting fined for not cutting grass. Can it happen? Sure. Does it...not really. 

The whole snow thing is overblown. Just like people down south hire landscaping and lawn services, up north they combine that with snow plow services for the winter months. Costs money in both cases, but imo well worth it.

I live in MN where the opportunity for such a scenario to occur is high. I can assure, no one is ever fined. I'd liken it to people getting fined for not cutting grass. Can it happen? Sure. Does it...not really. 
They announce on the radio when it storms here threatening fines, but I’ve not heard of anyone getting fined either 

I do know someone who was fined for cutting their grass and blew the clippings out on the street lol

Users who are viewing this thread