What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Javian Hawkins, Titans PS? (1 Viewer)

Louisville redshirt sophomore RB Javian Hawkins announced on Monday that he has opted out of the remainder of the season and will begin preparations for the 2021 NFL Draft.

Hawkins (5'9/196), who was not in uniform for Saturday's loss at Virginia, announced his decision via Twitter Monday morning. This is a big personnel loss for the Cardinals, as the redshirt sophomore was the team's leading rusher on the season. Hawkins, who racked up 171 total yards and two touchdowns (one rushing, one receiving) in the Cardinals' loss to Virginia Tech on Halloween, accounted for 822 rushing yards and seven touchdowns on 133 carries while also catching 16 passes for 127 yards and another score. In 2019 he appeared in all 13 games for Louisville, rushing for 1,525 yards and nine touchdowns with an average of 5.8 yards per carry. Pro Football Network draft analyst Tony Pauline gave Hawkins a third-round grade in his most recent big board. 

SOURCE: Javian Hawkins on Twitter

Nov 16, 2020, 10:32 AM ET

Predicting top 2021 rookie running backs using dominator rating

Excerpt:

Louisville’s Javian Hawkins caught my eye here. His overall college dominator rating throughout his college career was solid (25%), and he impressed in his second season as a starter with a 30% dominator rating. 

Hawkins is a home-run threat and presents fantasy managers with a ton of upside if he can beef up his size to withstand NFL defenders. At 5-foot-9 and 185 pounds soaking wet, it’s going to be difficult to see him running over anybody at the next level.

Chad Forbes @NFLDraftBites

Love Chris Simms’ podcast. Name the RB that’s succeeded in the NFL at 183 pounds as it relates to Louisville’s Javian Hawkins. Don’t give me Darren Sproles. He played at 190 and had tree trunk legs. I’ve got the same issue with Louisville Teammate WR Tutu Atwell (even smaller)
https://twitter.com/nfldraftbites/status/1381783969608384518?s=21

@Unwrittenlaw added this observation in the 2021 Draft Class thread:

Warrick Dunn but he ran a 4.28

Falcons signed Louisville RB Javian Hawkins.

Hawkins (5’8/183) was a three-star recruit and two-year starter at Louisville who opted out after seven games during his redshirt sophomore year. A 21-year-old early declare, Hawkins did everything possible as a severely undersized prospect in college. He averaged 117 rushing yards per game over his career, gave up his body as a pass-blocker repeatedly, and began emerging as an option in the screen game during his final few games. His 4.45 forty and 36-inch vertical are forgettable for his size, so he’ll be stuck in a small-volume role at the next level. At least Hawkins appears to be the type of person to impress a coaching staff, and he did play slot receiver in high school.

May 1, 2021, 7:07 PM ET

It's settled.  This is my UDFA sleeper.  I couldn't believe that Atlanta didn't touch RB in the draft.   They were in my wish list of three to maximize Harris/Etienne/Javonte.

Cut by ATL. May catch on elsewhere but not good for his prospects if a team that thin at RB isn’t even going to roster him 

Cut by ATL. May catch on elsewhere but not good for his prospects if a team that thin at RB isn’t even going to roster him 
Wow - my Ollison stock continues to rise. :wub:  

3 year hold....with he ever pay off?  Mike Davis needs to fumble a couple dozen times. I'm just sayin. 

With the Atlanta RB depth chart looking the way it does he really had to have an unimpressive camp.

thread update @IHEARTFF

Titans waived undrafted free agent RB Javian Hawkins.

Hawkins was signed on August, 26 by Tennessee after being released by the Falcons. Having been a Titan for less than a week, Hawkins was not able to earn a roster spot. Hawkins was highly productive at Louisville but undersize at 5'8"/183. He'll likely land on practice squad.

Last edited by a moderator:
They like those ahead of him especially Sargent. I don't see a future spot unless Evans doesn't pan out

Users who are viewing this thread