What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Frank Darby, Falcons (1 Viewer)

ASU's Frank Darby participates in Pro Day amid personal loss

Excerpt:

The 6-foot-tall wideout averaged 4.57 seconds on his two 40-yard dashes, a 34.5-inch vertical, and 19 reps on the bench press. He left feeling confident in his performance.

"I trusted my training and went out there and tried to perform at a high level, you know, take advantage of the opportunity," Darby said. "As long as I walk off that field with a smile on my face and my head high, I felt like I did a really good job."

Arizona State senior WR Frank Darby accepted an invitation to the 2021 Reese's Senior Bowl. 

Darby looks and plays like a tank of a wide receiver. Though his 6-foot-1, 200-pound listing may not suggest it, Darby is absolutely shredded and plays with the exact kind of physicality of someone you would expect from someone as rocked up as he is. Both at the catch point and with the ball in his hands, Darby is a bully and makes defenders pay for trying to contest him. That being said, he is not the sharpest or faster receiver on the block, which is why he has so many contested catch situations on film. Perhaps Darby can show something new in the 1-on-1 drills down in Mobile. 

SOURCE: Reese's Senior Bowl on Twitter

Dec 3, 2020, 8:08 PM ET

Who?  I guess this is why I love hearing others talk about players I don't know anything about.

Falcons selected Arizona State WR Frank Darby with the No. 187 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Darby was shaping up as a legit prospect in 2019, earning honorable mention All-Pac-12 while tying for the ASU team lead with eight receiving touchdowns (31 receptions, 616 yards, 19.9 average) in 13 starts. Darby played in all four games of his senior season, starting three but seeing limited touches after suffering a rib injury early in the year. He's not exactly an athletic marvel, with a 13th percentile speed score and a 30th percentile burst score. Darby's best path to playing time in Atlanta is via special teams. 

May 1, 2021, 3:54 PM ET

Watching his interviews, I like him. His game in the NFL remains to be seen. If Julio leaves before this season or before the 2022 season, he will get his chance. Pro day speed wasn't good, but he could be one that it doesn't matter (game speed does).

Looks like Julio will be traded soon after June 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread