What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Marquez Stevenson, Bills (1 Viewer)

Houston redshirt senior WR Marquez Stevenson declared for the NFL Draft.

Stevenson (6'1/195) was a lethal deep threat for the Cougars in 2018 and 2019, amassing 127 receptions for 1,926 yards and 18 touchdowns combined heading into this year. He caught five passes for 118 yards and a touchdown against Tulane in his season opener, then followed it up with nine receptions for 129 yards and two touchdowns against Navy before suffering an ankle injury against UCF on October 31 that derailed his season. The Houston speedster can get deep from either the slot or the outside and has proven playmaking ability that should translate to the next level. If he runs in the 4.4 40-yard dash range as is expected, Stevenson would solidify himself as a Day 2 prospect.

SOURCE: Marquez Stevenson on Twitter

Dec 23, 2020, 6:01 PM ET

Houston WR Marquez Stevenson ran a 4.45 second 40-yard dash at his pro day workout.

Stevenson measured 5-foot-10, 180 pounds, which is two inches taller and 10 pounds lighter than what he was billed at during the season. His speed and agility scores were excellent, as his 40-time rates in the 67th percentile while his 4.17 short shuttle landed in the 68th percentile and his 3-cone drill time of 6.46 is legitimately one of the best times ever run by a wideout, rating in the 100th percentile. It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows however, as his hands measured 8 5/8" (9th percentile) and his vertical jump of 33" (19th) were far short of average. He is very light at 180 pounds, which is concerning, but the Houston speedster can get deep from either the slot or the outside and has proven playmaking ability that should translate in some form to the next level. He is shaping up as a late Day 2-early Day 3 selection. 

SOURCE: PFF.com

Apr 11, 2021, 4:21 PM ET

I'm liking him as a target for the Vikings in the 3rd/4th round. If that is his destination, I think he has some fantasy potential in the short and long term.

Bills selected Houston WR Marquez Stevenson with the No. 203 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Via Dane Drugler of The Athletic, "A three-year starter at Houston, Stevenson played the H receiver in head coach Dana Holgorsen’s Air Raid scheme, lining up both inside and outside. He was underdeveloped when he arrived at Houston, which led to early injuries, but he grew into a playmaker the last three seasons, including 12 offensive plays (10 catches, two carries) of 50-plus yards. A lean, dynamic athlete, Stevenson has the speed that looks different than everyone else on the field. His sudden feet and body control allow him to snap out of his breaks, but his feel and instincts as a route runner aren’t on an NFL level yet. Overall, Stevenson isn’t a physical, catch-point winner, but he has the explosive acceleration and long speed to be a downfield threat and can add value as a return man."

May 1, 2021, 4:32 PM ET

My favorite dynasty stash.  

His 40 time was 4.40-ish I think, but measurement aside, his highlight reel reveals an awesome next-level gear. A dime a dozen this time of year, maybe, BUT I think Josh Allen can (potentially) make this guy a star. Good body composition, I think.  Not sure if he's 5'10 182, or 6'0 190. 

Either way, I'm betting the over that he scores 7 TDs in his NFL career.

Users who are viewing this thread