What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA Top Shot Thread - kind of like sports card + crypto, seems money to be made.... (1 Viewer)

True, but the packs themselves are still +EV (although this one is narrowing the gap from what I've read).  Plus, they haven't added many new customers over the last few months.  They are definitely trimming what they think is the fat, but ultimately could be their downfall because this time they angered alot of the "true" base.
Yeah, the packs are definitely still where it’s at. Some point every pack’s not going to be a winner though, especially as prices continue to drop. When that happens, is there anybody left? Cause it seems like 90% of the market is just flippers. I see legendary moments with an asking price of 50 grand up in some cases. Is anybody buying those, has anyone bought those? And I mean for real.....not a flip of equal cards so it seems like a transaction was made. Has anyone exchanged 50 grand in cash for one of these? You can ask whatever you want for something but the true value is what someone will pay. 

The latest pack offering requirements are stupid. I would have attempted to buy a pack at that price, but the whole spend $99 in the marketplace previously is not okay.  I am glad I don't have much invested in this because whoever is running this clown show is going to run it off the cliff. 

The latest pack offering requirements are stupid. I would have attempted to buy a pack at that price, but the whole spend $99 in the marketplace previously is not okay.  I am glad I don't have much invested in this because whoever is running this clown show is going to run it off the cliff. 
This. 

I think NFL will get in on the act (I haven't followed the news...perhaps they already are) but if these bozos are running it, it's gonna have a quick death as well. I've said before but this topshot needs the offseason to come ASAP and regroup if they want this lasting long.

Good for them for making a boatload off this but it's not hard to see it's not going to be sustainable running things as they are now. (Impossible to withdraw, idiotic pack requirements, etc...)

Last edited by a moderator:
. I see legendary moments with an asking price of 50 grand up in some cases. Is anybody buying those, has anyone bought those? And I mean for real.....not a flip of equal cards so it seems like a transaction was made. Has anyone exchanged 50 grand in cash for one of these? You can ask whatever you want for something but the true value is what someone will pay. 
I've yet to hear someone say "I gotta have that moment!!!"

Maybe you will with a rare Jordan memorable moment (Utah GW etc...) but I couldn't name a single moment they've got up right now that's memorable. Do they even have that Lillard GW 3 over George? (I believe....from maybe a year or two back. My memory is bad but believe that's one of the more memorable NBA moments of recent memory anyway)

Topps did a digital release this week.  All kinds of issues getting to checkout, so I failed.  But I've been watching the prices of $99 unopened packs on that AtomicHub market.  Right after the drop, they were selling for over $200.  The next day it was over $300.  Today, it's approaching $400.  The packs that were $9.99 are in the $30's as well today.

I've yet to hear someone say "I gotta have that moment!!!"

Maybe you will with a rare Jordan memorable moment (Utah GW etc...)
They start opening it up to moments in the past and I really think it ends quickly. There will be sooo many moments being printed. Most of the moments now kinda suck. Several I’ve seen wouldn’t even make the nightly highlight show. Most of the present moments would become worthless. Jmo. 

Yeah, the packs are definitely still where it’s at. Some point every pack’s not going to be a winner though, especially as prices continue to drop. When that happens, is there anybody left? Cause it seems like 90% of the market is just flippers. I see legendary moments with an asking price of 50 grand up in some cases. Is anybody buying those, has anyone bought those? And I mean for real.....not a flip of equal cards so it seems like a transaction was made. Has anyone exchanged 50 grand in cash for one of these? You can ask whatever you want for something but the true value is what someone will pay. 
https://momentranks.com/account/dingaling

There are accounts like this, but these accts won't sustain the platform.  He's been on a serial #1 binge lately.  Definitely living up to his account name.

Topps did a digital release this week.  All kinds of issues getting to checkout, so I failed.  But I've been watching the prices of $99 unopened packs on that AtomicHub market.  Right after the drop, they were selling for over $200.  The next day it was over $300.  Today, it's approaching $400.  The packs that were $9.99 are in the $30's as well today.
I'm a noob at NFTs, but had fun with the Topps release. Ate some edibles the other night and tried to corner the secondary market on the Tim Anderson, Luis Robert and Eloy Jimenez "cards". It was addictive and fun. I was a huge baseball fan and card collector as a kid but haven't even thought about baseball cards for 30+ years. Spent about $600 that I'll chalk up to learning about NFTs and had a blast. 

https://momentranks.com/account/dingaling

There are accounts like this, but these accts won't sustain the platform.  He's been on a serial #1 binge lately.  Definitely living up to his account name.
I don’t get that site. I assume that’s what he owns but I clicked on the top Zion one and it had values from $200k to $500k with a floor of $140k but the sales history was all $115k and below. The #1 one sold for $100k yet its valued at $500k? The sales history went all the way under $1k.

There is a registration going on right now for a common pack.  I think that everyone who registers will get a pack.  These common cards are headed further downward in price, but wanted to let everyone know just in case there was interest.

There is a registration going on right now for a common pack.  I think that everyone who registers will get a pack.  These common cards are headed further downward in price, but wanted to let everyone know just in case there was interest.
Registered, thanks 

Synthesizer said:
For now, you can still sell these cards for $5-6/card. So you're still safe to make more than you spend on these hoping to hit a rarish card.

I don't think I'd put any fresh money into the system, given the pain it is to try to get any money out, but still worth flipping imaginary dollars already in the system.

Anybody know how much those cards in that 1000 dollar pack we were laughing about are going for? 

I’ll buy as many 9 dollar packs as they let me. No risk there. 

Anybody know how much those cards in that 1000 dollar pack we were laughing about are going for? 

I’ll buy as many 9 dollar packs as they let me. No risk there. 
If you search the marketplace for "Legendary: Holo Icon Series 2" you'll see the moments for sale for $900 - $22,000, with many in range of $1500.  Looking at the sales histories, it it looks like a handful of each moment are selling every day, although it's never clear how much actual money is being exchanged.

where, ebay?
AtomicHub

That should take you to the Marketplace sales history filtered down to Topps packs. Looks like upper $900’s for the last few sales. 

I’m finding this world of NFTs is pretty insane. And how a lot of it ties back to crypto. This Atomic site runs off Wax, which would be the equivalent to Dapper. Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong, I’m new to this.

My buddy who’s digging his heels in much more than myself bought a $40 Weezer NFT pack today and they were going for double right after the drop. I really don’t understand this at all. 

Has anyone opened their new base packs? Mine was pretty crappy. :lol:  

Cedi Osman block #13620/35k

Jaylen Brown dunk #25703/35k

PJ Washington 3-pointer #22660/35k

I almost forgot to grab the pack today. Got a Labron football pass assist # 19373/∞

a worthless LE and a worthless regular to go along with my other worthless LE and worthless regulars.

I got two LEs in this buy - two players that I had never heard of, but look like they can be sold for more than the $6 that a common card goes for

caustic said:
Has anyone opened their new base packs? Mine was pretty crappy. :lol:  

Cedi Osman block #13620/35k

Jaylen Brown dunk #25703/35k

PJ Washington 3-pointer #22660/35k
This doesn’t seem like a good investment. When every players single key stat is “limited” to only 35k versions, there will be billions of “cards” per season. You thought Topps went crazy with baseball cards in the late 80s/early 90s, this will dwarf those numbers.

Got my pack

Adam Mokoka 33000/35000+

Bismack Biyombo 31202/35000+

Mo Bamba 4/50

...Ok, did get one but I'm not opening them. I really haven't followed topshot at all lately but hoping they allow pack trading in future. And get my money withdrawn by 2025.

New "Hustle and Show" pack drop tomorrow at 11 AM PDT!

• 5 moments per pack (1 hustle and show moment /18k, 4 base moments)
  • $14 per pack, 140,000 available for sale
  • Eligibility: must own at least two moments at the time of entering the queue
The NBA is filled with players that live for the hustle play. You won’t always see their highlights on social but these are the types of plays that make our game ‘the game’. In this first drop, we’ve carved out a little place in the spotlight for some particularly hard-earned Moments. Appreciate the hustle.

New "Hustle and Show" pack 
Ah Sheet. I'm in:

#1 - #18000(18000) Chris Chiozza keeps the ball in play for a fastbreak

#1 - #18000(18000) Kent Bazemore dives out of bounds to keep the ball in play

#1 - #18000(18000) Alex Caruso hits the deck for a dime

:excited:  Limited edition

New "Hustle and Show" pack drop tomorrow at 11 AM PDT!

• 5 moments per pack (1 hustle and show moment /18k, 4 base moments)
  • $14 per pack, 140,000 available for sale
  • Eligibility: must own at least two moments at the time of entering the queue
I keep landing these cheap packs but missing out on the good ones. Of course I'm in but I still blame Otis for the time and money this thing has cost me. 

In the queue, assignments in 8 minutes or so. If I get one I'll just use proceeds from a couple moments I sold from my commons and cool cats packs. That's pretty much all I'm willing to invest in this dumb thing that I also kind of like but it's also really stupid but fun in a weird way. But really dumb.

169k in front of me for 140k packs. Not likely but not impossible I guess?

142,855, you gotta be kidding me  :lmao:  Going to stay in line just in case.
You may still get in. I just happen to see the live stream thing when I got "in line" and the guy from Top Shot was saying there would be people who may have found a way to get in the line, but when it came time to buy, if they didn't have the 2 moments required in their collection, it wouldn't let them purchase, i.e. they forfeit their spot in line at that time. 

LOL I’m 135k but probably won’t be able to check out until tomorrow night
I think the homepage banner said they're planning to re-open the marketplace around 7 PDT tonight, so it seems like their goal is to get through this fairly quickly. 

Fingers crossed, I want to get my hands on this gritty Alex Caruso assist ASAP.

First non-guaranteed pack opportunity and .... There was an error sending the reservation request. Please try again. :wall:
If you can't get it to go through, open a ticket with their customer service. They're generally pretty good now from what I've read. 

I think the homepage banner said they're planning to re-open the marketplace around 7 PDT tonight, so it seems like their goal is to get through this fairly quickly. 

Fingers crossed, I want to get my hands on this gritty Alex Caruso assist ASAP.
It is moving pretty quickly. Only 83k in front of me now...

I pulled: 

LeBron assist (second one from a pack lol) 10k/35k

High serials of Jamal Murray base assist, Levine dunk and Osman block, all out of 35k 

My hustle and show moment was Bazemore and it's #504 lol

With the market just now reopening I tried to buy some of the new LEs as prices tanked. Wasn't successful but they hit me with a 1-hour cooldown anyway. :lol:  Oh well, probably wasn't going to beat the bots anyway. 

Got first taste of a pack open.

Chorizo deflects ball out of bounds

Bacon 3-pointer 

Curry assist

Users who are viewing this thread