Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread

6 hours ago, joey said:

Mine starts at 6:45am PST and I have the 1.6 pick, so if the top 5 go as expected (3RBs/Chase/Pitts), then I’ll likely be holding things up looking to trade out of the 6th pick for a vet RB. Fingers crossed that the Jacobs owner, who picks 1st overall, picks Harris and is perhaps down on Jacobs since the Drake signing (I own Drake) so maybe I can pry Jacobs from him. Thoughts?

some seem down on Jacobs, but that would be a home run for you IMO.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there are enough nuances and unique qualities to the FFPC leagues that many of us play in, that we should have our own dedicated thread to talk shop, strategy, anything really that doesn't fit

@barackdhouse @joey I emailed them and Dave said NP, we need to email them a spreadsheet of names and everyone on the list needs to have the $350 in their account. I can do the spreadsheet once we fin

I did take on more orphans than I would have predicted or preferred. 19 actually. Only 2 of them are complete teardowns and that is already going well. I paid a small premium on only 2 of them. They a

My earliest 1-QB FFPC is rolling along.

1.01 Harris
1.02 Pitts
1.03 Chase (me!!)
1.04 ETN
1.05 Williams
1.06 Waddle
1.07 D Smith
1.08 Sermon

Early returns from other leagues are showing Pitts going early everywhere. Went 1.01 in two of my SF so far.

2 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

some seem down on Jacobs, but that would be a home run for you IMO.

And after all of my hemming and hawing about the 1.6 pick, Devonta Smith ends up going 1.4 (to the team with Melvin Gordon) and Javonte Williams falls to me at my pick! Best case scenario for me IMO. 

Wow Chase still on the board at 1.09 in one of my SF BB's.

I guess that's just the nature of that format right now there are so many solid WRs teams can load up on and with a best ball lineup you don't have to pick the right one each week.

Posted (edited)

I needed to restock the RB corps and just picked (1QB league)

Javonte Williams at 1.5

Sermon at 1.8

Carter at 1.10

cost me Kelce to get all of those picks though [opens himself up for ridicule...;) ]

Edited by joey
5 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

just saw 2 inexplicable moves to start a rookie draft just now

guy gave up the 1.1 for 1.4, 2.9, and Albert O

then the person trading up takes ETN lol

Only thing I can think of is that the guy with 1.01 was happy with any of the big 3 (Chase/Harris/Pitts) and the 1.04 guy said he was going to take ETN in the trade offer.

Still seems like even in that case he could have gotten more than 2.09 to drop back to 1.02 or 1.03, but maybe he had already tried.

4 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Only thing I can think of is that the guy with 1.01 was happy with any of the big 3 (Chase/Harris/Pitts) and the 1.04 guy said he was going to take ETN in the trade offer.

Still seems like even in that case he could have gotten more than 2.09 to drop back to 1.02 or 1.03, but maybe he had already tried.

yeah I suppose that would make some sense for the 1.1 guy, but seems light regardless

3 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

yeah I suppose that would make some sense for the 1.1 guy, but seems light regardless

True enough.  I think some people just hate making decisions when they have a group of guys rated very similarly.  I've seen more than a few trades where I was pretty sure the guy moving back was just taking anything he could get so someone else would make the decision for him, lol.

4 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I got no shares of Pitts other than some of my backend $77 leagues and that makes me sad.

Oh man, I just took Pitts at 1.07 in SF. And I have a few other shares, too. It's been a great day and it's still rolling.

44 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Somebody just took Chase at 1.08 in one of my SF. How the p o o p did that happen?

I just traded up to grab him at 1.07 in one of my SF leagues.

SF double hurts him by having the QBs up there in the draft and by hurting the value of WRs since there is only 1 flex that can't be a QB.

20 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I just traded up to grab him at 1.07 in one of my SF leagues.

SF double hurts him by having the QBs up there in the draft and by hurting the value of WRs since there is only 1 flex that can't be a QB.

Yeah if you thought WR was deep in FF in general, try SF. I have been arguing, and I feel like mostly on deaf ears, that this same process explains why you can get away with streaming QB2 or otherwise going small ball at QB2 in the SF format. If you're starting your 3rd best WR or RB is that really so wrong? It is *not* ideal but it isn't going to kill you.

Sigh I just saw Chase go 1.10 in a different SF. Dude timed out at 1.05 and took Mark Ingram.

Posted (edited)

It was a very busy day yesterday. The QBs are from SF teams but I did take one other Fields share in single QB.

LAWRENCE 1
FIELDS 3
LANCE 1
PITTS 4
CHASE 3
MARSHALL 6
SMITH 2
WADDLE 2
BATEMAN 1
AMON-RA 2
NICO 3
NAJEE 3
J WILLIAMS 1
ETIENNE 3
SERMON 6

Edited by barackdhouse

Only 5 leagues for me (not counting the three new startups this year that don't have a rookie draft).

I traded up in almost every league as I really do not like the late 1st round or 2nd round this year.  Surprisingly I was able to find a trade partner in every league.  I was worried that view was common this year and it would be hard to find people willing to trade back, but not the case.

Najee - 1
Pitts - 1
Chase - 2
Smith - 1
Williams - 1
Lawrence (SF) - 1

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Only 5 leagues for me (not counting the three new startups this year that don't have a rookie draft).

I traded up in almost every league as I really do not like the late 1st round or 2nd round this year.  Surprisingly I was able to find a trade partner in every league.  I was worried that view was common this year and it would be hard to find people willing to trade back, but not the case.

Najee - 1
Pitts - 1
Chase - 2
Smith - 1
Williams - 1
Lawrence (SF) - 1

I don't like the middle of the first round, but I like the 2nd round this year. There are some good WRs to be had late

39 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

I don't like the middle of the first round, but I like the 2nd round this year. There are some good WRs to be had late

Who?

6 FFPC leagues and one I did not have a pick till round 4,  very uneventful day, nothing went unexpectedly good or bad and I only had one pick inside top 5, which was 1.1.

My first round picks:

Smith 2

Carter 2

Najee

Sermon

Marshall

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

PITTS 4 5
MARSHALL 6 8
WADDLE 2 3
SERMON 6 8

Paid 1.12 and a 1st to get (another share of) Pitts at 1.07 in SF. That is just about gonna do it for now. Almost everything is past the 1st round now. Love the action! 

Edited by barackdhouse
1 hour ago, phandango said:

The intermittent email alerts for picks and trade offers is really annoying. 

Yeah, especially not getting the emails for trade offers.

52 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Yeah, especially not getting the emails for trade offers.

40 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Yeah I think it has drastically stalled the action

The app works for letting you know when you're on the clock or for trade offers/rejections/acceptances. But it sucks for trying to follow the draft or seeing processed trades from other teams. 

3 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Yeah I think it has drastically stalled the action

That and mother's day.

If I'm remembering right I think mother's day is usually the week after FFPC rookie drafts.  There was definitely a huge difference in action today vs. yesterday.  And I only know that because I haven't had a chance to check on it all day and when I came back very little had actually happened in any of my leagues.

14 hours ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

How much is everyone planning to discount the week 13 and 14 bye week players?

A little for sure but main thing is not to have to many of them. I don't want a team just jam packed with week 13/14 bye weeks but obvious problem is in early rounds I can't be totally certain what I'll be picking later.

For me it's the kind of thing I might use a tiebreaker of sorts, but I won't get to point of picking a player I believe is inferior over it.

I personally think FFPC not turning redraft league week 13/14 playoffs into 2 week point race similar to how dynasty league weeks 15/16 have always been is a mistake, I'm just hoping they reconsider for next year but that's me and maybe others don't see it that way. I think it would have decreased luck  or one week randomness factor which I'm always in favor.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I personally think FFPC not turning redraft league week 13/14 playoffs into 2 week point race

I would strongly favor this. I don't know how I didn't think of this before but I totally agree. I do like what they did with the week 6 all play week, though.

Just now looking at bye weeks I don't see anything that really jumps out. I'm not avoiding CMC at 1.01 just because he is on bye week 13 FFS. I did notice I have one FPC squad with Swift/Gibson on the same bye week 9 but I have other RBs that should be able to cover (as of today). That obviously has nothing to do with 13/14 though.

Henry and Aaron Jones/Chubb might be a combo to avoid. 

Edited by barackdhouse

Put another way I don't give a rat whatsoever in terms of QB or WR, but I'd probably prefer not to have two top RBs going the same week 13 or 14. None of the TEs I like seem to conflict.

Pitts and Trautman? I did that in one league and they both have a bye week 6 and I stupidly didn't take any other TEs. But I'm sure I'll find a streamer. I'm not reaching for Pitts in more than one or two of these, but if I do it again I'll make sure to reinforce the position better. I reached for Pitts in a $250 BB but I followed it with Hockenson. 

2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Yes that's the kind of thing where the 13/14 bye weeks is a major issue. Hard to walk out of draft feeling good knowing if you make the playoffs your top two players won't be available week one. In the $350's maybe you take a shot or two like that if you got a lot of teams but plucking down $1500-1800 for a main event and walking out of the draft with a scenario like that is something I don't see me doing.

Obviously that extra regular season week you get those players services could be difference in seeding or making playoffs but hardly an equitable tradeoff.

3 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Put another way I don't give a rat whatsoever in terms of QB or WR, but I'd probably prefer not to have two top RBs going the same week 13 or 14. None of the TEs I like seem to conflict.

RB is for sure different as we know depth is more abundant at the other positions. But say for example Rodgers does not return to GB and Davante Adams is a 2/3 turn guy would it impact me with respect to drafting both Adams and AJB? Yes it would.

Thankfully week 14 teams are light on fantasy impact, as far as we know it today anyway.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, menobrown said:

A little for sure but main thing is not to have to many of them. I don't want a team just jam packed with week 13/14 bye weeks but obvious problem is in early rounds I can't be totally certain what I'll be picking later.

For me it's the kind of thing I might use a tiebreaker of sorts, but I won't get to point of picking a player I believe is inferior over it.

I personally think FFPC not turning redraft league week 13/14 playoffs into 2 week point race similar to how dynasty league weeks 15/16 have always been is a mistake, I'm just hoping they reconsider for next year but that's me and maybe others don't see it that way. I think it would have decreased luck  or one week randomness factor which I'm always in favor.

Sometimes the FFPC Twitter account will ask people for rule change suggestions. I replied with this very suggestion, and I know at least one "big name" FFPC drafter chimed in with support. I'm hoping they consider it. It's one thing if you dominate a home league all season and miss out on $500 in title money because of bad luck. It's another when you do well enough to get a top seed in a Main Event league and the same bad luck costs you a chance at $4000. (Although, to be fair, I've had fourth-place Main Event teams that have benefited from a top seed's bad luck.) I just think the two-week total points format is the fairest way to go.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

I would strongly favor this. I don't know how I didn't think of this before but I totally agree. I do like what they did with the week 6 all play week, though.

Just now looking at bye weeks I don't see anything that really jumps out. I'm not avoiding CMC at 1.01 just because he is on bye week 13 FFS. I did notice I have one FPC squad with Swift/Gibson on the same bye week 9 but I have other RBs that should be able to cover (as of today). That obviously has nothing to do with 13/14 though.

I was thinking the opposite. I think CMC is off my board. I am generally strategizing to win the league prize. Knowing your best player is out for the playoffs is rough.

Although win 8 teams having playoff bye weeks, maybe the playoffs will be loaded up with the players from these teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed a $250 SF FFPC startup recently and stretched the "wait on QB" approach to the max. I did one like that last year and I think it is truly dominant in year 2. I did make the playoffs in year 1 after taking Minshew as my first QB in the 8th round. Took Ben later and now my QBs are Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers (and I still have Minshew - he didn't survive cuts but I picked him up in like the 7th round of the rookie draft this month). 

Anyway in this one I took Matt Ryan as my first QB in the 7th. For folks playing SF that fall over themselves to get QBs, how is this? The QBs are filthy I get it but that's the point. 

Ryan, Winston, Taylor
CMC, CEH, ETN, Hubbard, Stevenson, Mitchell
Metcalf, Claypool, Chark, Marshall, Collins, Fitzpatrick, Palmer
Pitts, Ebron, Granson
K & D

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Completed a $250 SF FFPC startup recently and stretched the "wait on QB" approach to the max. I did one like that last year and I think it is truly dominant in year 2. I did make the playoffs in year 1 after taking Minshew as my first QB in the 8th round. Took Ben later and now my QBs are Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers (and I still have Minshew - he didn't survive cuts but I picked him up in like the 7th round of the rookie draft this month). 

Anyway in this one I took Matt Ryan as my first QB in the 7th. For folks playing SF that fall over themselves to get QBs, how is this? The QBs are filthy I get it but that's the point. 

Ryan, Winston, Taylor
CMC, CEH, ETN, Hubbard, Stevenson, Mitchell
Metcalf, Claypool, Chark, Marshall, Collins, Fitzpatrick, Palmer
Pitts, Ebron, Granson
K & D

The nice thing about FFPC limiting each team to 3 QBs is that it allows you to get away with waiting on QB to some extent.  Your team looks great,  and is by no means crippled by not having a Josh Allen, or a Stafford/Lawrence combo etc. It's superflex,  not 2 QB!

• Like 1
On 5/8/2021 at 1:37 PM, IHEARTFF said:

just saw 2 inexplicable moves to start a rookie draft just now

guy gave up the 1.1 for 1.4, 2.9, and Albert O

then the person trading up takes ETN lol

I dont see what is so funny about this or why it is hard to explain why someone would want the best player of the draft?

2 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

I dont see what is so funny about this or why it is hard to explain why someone would want the best player of the draft?

I'm guessing he is thinking the return on the 1.1 might be a bit light and the guy moving up for the 1.1 likely could have got his guy at 1.4 anyway. Maybe, maybe not etn is the best player in the draft, but do agree moves are more meh than wow. 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Our startup begins tomorrow. Should we share our board with the board?

It's ok with me, ive been married 35 yrs so im used to being ridiculed.....

• Laughing 1