What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread (1 Viewer)

My current 14th man is Tua (backing up Herbert) 😐
Really depends on how you feel about Tua. I've seen opinions all over the place on him. Also, what other vet QB's are available in the player pool where you may be able to grab one with your 3.10

Really depends on how you feel about Tua. I've seen opinions all over the place on him. Also, what other vet QB's are available in the player pool where you may be able to grab one with your 3.10
Carr is probably the best vet QB on the wire, but there's also Garrapolo, Winston (post-Brees-retirement?) and Bridgewater (meh city) but basically, if Carr's not there at 3.10 or 4.1 (I have those 2 picks in that range), I might just take best available rookie QB or, heck, Tua might still be sitting there at 3.10/4.1. 

I'd love to go Rb/RB/RB at 1/2/3 just to throw as many darts as possible on rookie RBs and hope 1 of them becomes an RB2, but it feels like Woods gives me even more WR-ammo to turn my 1.10 + a WR into a better vet RB2 (he says, imagining his league mates will actually want to make a trade ;) )

Totally an Asst Coach post :)  

I’m happy with my WRs in my FFPC league (Hill, Claypool, Shenault, Pittman, Corey Davis) and have more needs at RBm but I was just offered his Woods for my 2.10 and my 2022 3rd. Feels like a slam dunk accept for me from a value stand point and I’d imagine Woods got an upgrade with Stafford joining the Rams. Thoughts?
I am not convinced Woods should be starting for you so I wouldn't be buying him. It is a good price but that doesn't mean you have to do it. You will also probably never be able to sell him again so unless you see him as a core piece then I'm not sure what you'd be accomplishing. I like Woods but if I need RBs I am not buying old(er) WRs. It is a good price, though and one I might actually do despite what I just said *if* I had plans to move one of Shenault or Pittman for a RB. Woods may have more trade appeal packaged with one of those two or some other piece. But if you move one of them then Woods may indeed find your lineup and at that price that could be nice.

Short answer I would hold and shop other pieces first. I don't think WR is a hole for you. 

Tua would have no bearing on my decision but Meno is right you do have to consider who you're displacing when you buy someone. If I had Herbert I would have already cut Tua in my mind but would sell him for a ham sandwich if possible. And not actually cut until last minute.

I'd love to go Rb/RB/RB at 1/2/3 just to throw as many darts as possible on rookie RBs and hope 1 of them becomes an RB2, but it feels like Woods gives me even more WR-ammo to turn my 1.10 + a WR into a better vet RB2 (he says, imagining his league mates will actually want to make a trade ;) )
I think you might be right if you can pull that off. I suspect you'd have to do Pittman or Shenault but parlaying one deal like this into a second one that gets you where you need to be for a RB is a nice play. I would hope to maybe move up to like 1.05 or 1.06 and take a rookie RB over a vet, but I just tried to do that last week from 1.09 and ended up getting a much better deal for CEH instead of 1.06. 

Tua would have no bearing on my decision but Meno is right you do have to consider who you're displacing when you buy someone. If I had Herbert I would have already cut Tua in my mind but would sell him for a ham sandwich if possible. And not actually cut until last minute.
yeah, I don't cut a single player until 15 minutes before the FFPC deadline :)

so I'll be shopping Tua for sure (just offered Tua to the Woods owner who only has Hurts at QB. fingers crossed.

thanks for the replies, @barackdhouse

I'm in for a $250 startup, but then I need to stop posting my dynasty/rookie rankings on here or delete my thread ha
It is going to be interesting to all be together on this. I am really looking forward to it and considering how open all of us are about our preferences on these boards, I have no idea what to expect or how to proceed with any kind of real strategy. I suppose it will depend on draft slot and my *own* board. I don't think I want to worry too much about other people's thoughts.

I did drop RG3 the other day instead of waiting. But dude called me out on it during a negotiation as though I had room for what he was offering. But I didn't and said as much. He was like you can drop RG3. So I did mostly as a joke and then repeated me previous note to him verbatim about not having room for scrubs x and y. 

(Non dynasty related. Not sure how long they have been there but just realized there are $5 best ball redrafts for the true draft junkies.)

Last edited by a moderator:
This may have happened days or even weeks ago but I just noticed that the divisions did change in my FFPC leagues. Just thought I'd mention it in case you were like me and had not noticed.

joey said:
Carr is probably the best vet QB on the wire, but there's also Garrapolo, Winston (post-Brees-retirement?) and Bridgewater (meh city) but basically, if Carr's not there at 3.10 or 4.1 (I have those 2 picks in that range), I might just take best available rookie QB or, heck, Tua might still be sitting there at 3.10/4.1. 
I don't think you have to come out of the draft with a backup QB.  I would have no problem going into the season with only 1qb and that's typically what I do unless my QB2 is purely a breakout candidate.  A guy like Carr will always be available on the wire whenever you need a fill-in.

I think we should start a signup list for a $77 fbg dyno lg so we can start to put our money where our mouth is :boxing:  I have no prob with a higher buy in if there's interest but this should be pretty easy to fill with fbg members.
I've been pimping this idea for a while in the trades thread before this one started so you know I'm in.  Would prefer $500 but $250 works as well.

I'm interested, you can count me in for sure if draft is in early June or early July(preferably designed to end before camps open). If group moves forward with another time I'm not sure yet, would have to remain listed as intereste, TBD. Also not trying to push that time on everyone but it's the deadest NFL news period of the year and sure seems to me taking up a chunk of that time with a bunch of diehards who like to talk football is an ideal way to enjoy that dead zone.

I'm interested, you can count me in for sure if draft is in early June or early July(preferably designed to end before camps open). If group moves forward with another time I'm not sure yet, would have to remain listed as intereste, TBD. Also not trying to push that time on everyone but it's the deadest NFL news period of the year and sure seems to me taking up a chunk of that time with a bunch of diehards who like to talk football is an ideal way to enjoy that dead zone.
Ok, $250 and I definitely want the draft to be early June soon after nfl draft and I think most if not all agree. How about we hold spots 11 and or 12 for Chad or Jordan or some other FBG staff member(s) to join should they have the cajones?

1. @phandango

2. @NE_REVIVAL

3. @jabarony

4. @barackdhouse

5. @bombjack

6. @Zyphros

7. @FreeBaGeL

8. @menobrown

9. @Marauders

Ok, $250 and I definitely want the draft to be early June soon after nfl draft and I think most if not all agree. How about we hold spots 11 and or 12 for Chad or Jordan or some other FBG staff member(s) to join should they have the cajones?

1. @phandango

2. @NE_REVIVAL

3. @jabarony

4. @barackdhouse

5. @bombjack

6. @Zyphros

7. @FreeBaGeL

8. @menobrown

9. @Marauders
I mean, if it is going to be called the Shark Pool then they need to do this! 

For the new startups listed that begin in March, are the rookies in there or do they use draft slots?

I am assuming the players are there.

I am half considering a $500 for giggles.  5 opening left with draft starting 3/13.  I prefer more time before the draft to do some maneuvering.  Who knows when it fills.  

For the new startups listed that begin in March, are the rookies in there or do they use draft slots?

I am half considering a $500 for giggles.  5 opening left with draft starting 3/13.  I prefer more time before the draft to do some maneuvering.  Who knows when it fills.  
The rookies are in there. No rookie draft during inaugural startup season.

Yeah, I've been resisting the urge. I did two startups with partners last season before the NFL draft. Both teams finished in the money in their first season, and a big part of it was hitting on rookies whose landing spots were unknown (although it helped that last year was a great class overall). It also gives you a chance to turn a quick profit if you draft someone like CEH at RB25 and then a couple months later he's being talked about as a top-10 dynasty RB before even playing his first snap. (We did not draft CEH.)

I didn't hear anyone else on this but I'd love to get a couple staff members in. We're up to 10 now so should we tag a couple?

@Joe Bryantyou should come play with us or encourage a couple of your guys to come play with us. We need 2 for a $250 FFPC standard dynasty startup in June. It could be an interesting thing to feature. IDK. Is that ok or would it be better to just find two more of our own? 

Is there any way to know who the team owners are for the new startups before committing?  There are a few guys I have come across in these leagues that I simply want to avoid for one reason or another.

Is there any way to know who the team owners are for the new startups before committing?  There are a few guys I have come across in these leagues that I simply want to avoid for one reason or another.
If you join the league, you could see who the other owners are and then ask for a refund if you want to back out. 

I just assumed it was like redrafts were you can exit any league you join so long as you exit before it fills. I can't confirm this but possibly someone else can?

If you join the league, you could see who the other owners are and then ask for a refund if you want to back out. 

I just assumed it was like redrafts were you can exit any league you join so long as you exit before it fills. I can't confirm this but possibly someone else can?
Yeah you can just exit the league on the league home page, so long as you're not the 12th team to join. 

@Joe Bryantyou should come play with us or encourage a couple of your guys to come play with us. We need 2 for a $250 FFPC standard dynasty startup in June. It could be an interesting thing to feature. IDK. Is that ok or would it be better to just find two more of our own? 
Did we decide standard or superflex?

im down for either but it does seem like superflex is becoming the “new standard” for FFPC dynasty.

Why does joining an FFPC superflex terrify me so badly?? 

It MIGHT be because I have never done a superflex league, though I did do a few $35 supeflex best ball drafts last month.  So weird to see 15+ QBs go in the first two rounds.  

I feel like I am programmed to never be able to make a bold move for a QB

It MIGHT be because I have never done a superflex league, though I did do a few $35 supeflex best ball drafts last month.  So weird to see 15+ QBs go in the first two rounds.  

I did my first FFPC superflex last year, turns out I'm in the league with Barack. I played plenty of superflex before, but to me the roster constraints on FFPC AND it being Superflex is a bit unfair. There's no such thing as a stash QB, and they're already overvalued to begin with, so you're wasting spots on QB's that are half season starters and it's a waste. Working around that, especially for a rebuild can be a nightmare. 

Did we decide standard or superflex?

im down for either but it does seem like superflex is becoming the “new standard” for FFPC dynasty.
Well I assumed standard because I thought there was enough hesitation against SF but I am in for either. 

Yea it *is* weird. The 3rd and 4th rounds get really juicy with top talent. 

I did my first FFPC superflex last year, turns out I'm in the league with Barack. I played plenty of superflex before, but to me the roster constraints on FFPC AND it being Superflex is a bit unfair. There's no such thing as a stash QB, and they're already overvalued to begin with, so you're wasting spots on QB's that are half season starters and it's a waste. Working around that, especially for a rebuild can be a nightmare. 
On a couple of these orphan rebuilds I am working on it is definitely a grind. But I'm making hay. Regardless of format I think there are a lot of relatively inexperienced FFPC players in some of these leagues that have never had to make these cuts yet. This is the first time for our SF startup from last year. And the SF format is new with lots of new owners. Point being the value squeeze is about to be applied pretty hard and I do think there is going to be some panicking. Especially in SF because yes it really is hard to roster *anyone* at any position within the limits. Maybe someone like Fitzpatrick is available and can fill a need at QB2 but who do you drop for a marginal advantage? 

Another SF nuance, you don't *have* to start a 2nd QB. It is obviously ideal but I'm not sweating starting my 3rd stud RB or 3rd WR instead. 

Also I just bought a dumpster fire of a $250 team for $1

I have AJ Brown and Justin Herbert and the 1.2/2.2 and that's about it

barackdhouse said:
I like those odds.
I dont know.  It would be challenging just to make the team good enough to be able to sell for the full $250 next year, let alone actually win money this year or next.  

This is not FFPC related but since many of you in this thread play FFPC redraft and various other high stakes payout type redraft leagues just an FYI that RTS opened up yesterday for 2021 redrafts. For some reason I don't get emails from them so maybe this is common knowledge. Seems nuts to be in this type of redraft now, but I'm currently in a 4 hour slow draft.

This is not FFPC related but since many of you in this thread play FFPC redraft and various other high stakes payout type redraft leagues just an FYI that RTS opened up yesterday for 2021 redrafts. For some reason I don't get emails from them so maybe this is common knowledge. Seems nuts to be in this type of redraft now, but I'm currently in a 4 hour slow draft.
I remember you mentioning this last year and I didn't pull the trigger, but I might have to check it out.

I dont know.  It would be challenging just to make the team good enough to be able to sell for the full $250 next year, let alone actually win money this year or next.  
Oh I know. Gotta get a couple lucky draft picks and at least one waiver gem. To begin to have a chance. But if you bought 250 teams in the exact same scenario and ran out the scenario for each of them you would only need to cash once to make it profitable (for 2021). Not bad odds really. Trick is really whether it can be improved to a sellable squad by next year and it wouldn't need to be the full 250 either.

Oh I know. Gotta get a couple lucky draft picks and at least one waiver gem. To begin to have a chance. But if you bought 250 teams in the exact same scenario and ran out the scenario for each of them you would only need to cash once to make it profitable (for 2021). Not bad odds really. Trick is really whether it can be improved to a sellable squad by next year and it wouldn't need to be the full 250 either.
You have to take into account the $100 deposit. Those super cheap teams aren't quite as enticing with that added cost. 

1. @phandango

2. @NE_REVIVAL

3. @jabarony

4. @barackdhouse

5. @bombjack

6. @Zyphros

7. @FreeBaGeL

8. @menobrown

9. @Marauders
was trying to resist but....sign me up too. 

We are going to have to figure out the logistics of filling the league we end up using. We all have to basically buy in at roughly the same time once our preferred slot goes live. Or risk randos buying in an excluding someone from our list. Maybe FFPC can setup an invite only league?

Users who are viewing this thread