Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread

3 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

We are going to have to figure out the logistics of filling the league we end up using. We all have to basically buy in at roughly the same time once our preferred slot goes live. Or risk randos buying in an excluding someone from our list. Maybe FFPC can setup an invite only league?

I think they will accommodate us, I will ask.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

We are going to have to figure out the logistics of filling the league we end up using. We all have to basically buy in at roughly the same time once our preferred slot goes live. Or risk randos buying in an excluding someone from our list. Maybe FFPC can setup an invite only league?

I just emailed FFPC to ask this very question. I’ll let you know what they say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

I think they will accommodate us, I will ask.

Ha.
note to self: Scroll to the last message in the thread before replying ;) 

@barackdhouse @joey I emailed them and Dave said NP, we need to email them a spreadsheet of names and everyone on the list needs to have the $350 in their account. I can do the spreadsheet once we finalize the list of names and each person attests to have the $350 available in their account (IE you don't get added to the list until you have the money available in the account). Sound good? I think we already have close to 12 that have shown interest and have not heard from anyone @FBG so we may go sans any staff.  Date June 5th? Dave said we can give them a custom name for the league, perhaps "FBG Shark Pool", "FBG Shark Attack" ? Wide open to suggestion. 

• Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

@barackdhouse @joey I emailed them and Dave said NP, we need to email them a spreadsheet of names and everyone on the list needs to have the $350 in their account. I can do the spreadsheet once we finalize the list of names and each person attests to have the $350 available in their account (IE you don't get added to the list until you have the money available in the account). Sound good? I think we already have close to 12 that have shown interest and have not heard from anyone @FBG so we may go sans any staff.  Date June 5th? Dave said we can give them a custom name for the league, perhaps "FBG Shark Pool", "FBG Shark Attack" ? Wide open to suggestion. 

Yes, that’s same info I got Fromm Dave G at FFPC:

"The best way to do this is for someone in your group to put together an Excel spreadsheet with all owner names, emails, and team names and send it over along with the time and date, and format you want. Then, and this is often a hold-up (with 1-2 stragglers), all twelve will need to fund their FFPC accounts with the entry fee and one-time deposit (if applicable). Then we create the league and manually enter everyone. Does that work and/or make sense?"

• Like 1

I am down for either SF or 1qb. Maybe slightly prefer SF to spice things up a bit, and I also wonder if starting a 1qb league now is kind of like starting a non-ppr league in 2013 a few years before ppr became standard. Like I said though definitely happy either way. 

I attest to having $350 in my account. 

11 hours ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

$350 in the account.

Date works for me.

FFPC LG Status

What we know:

It will be a $250 STD LG (perhaps there will be enough interest for a 2nd SF LG) drafting on or around June 5th (slow draft).

Who is in

NE_Revival
Jabrony
Barackdhouse
Bombjack
FreeBaGeL
Menobrown

What we don't know:

Possible (need to attest to having funds)

Phandango
Marauders
Zyphros
Iheartff
Joey

Let me know if i missed anyone or anything.

Edited by NE_REVIVAL

Also wanted to add that I'm good with the league set up and draft orders assigned as soon as we reach the 12 and make payment, in case that was in doubt. The draft would not be till June of course.

43 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

FFPC LG Status

What we know:

It will be a $250 STD LG (perhaps there will be enough interest for a 2nd SF LG) drafting on or around June 5th (slow draft).

Who is in

NE_Revival
Jabrony
Barackdhouse
Bombjack
FreeBaGeL
Menobrown

What we don't know:

Phandango
Marauders
Zyphros
Iheartff
Joey

I have funds in my account. 

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

Also wanted to add that I'm good with the league set up and draft orders assigned as soon as we reach the 12 and make payment, in case that was in doubt. The draft would not be till June of course.

Me too. I am IN for sure. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Phandango
Marauders
Zyphros

Iheartff
Joey

I think that is everyone attested now except the elusive 12th. @Chad Parsons?? wanna come play a $250 FFPC dynasty startup with us in June?

Edited by barackdhouse

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2021 at 9:37 AM, menobrown said:

This is not FFPC related but since many of you in this thread play FFPC redraft and various other high stakes payout type redraft leagues just an FYI that RTS opened up yesterday for 2021 redrafts. For some reason I don't get emails from them so maybe this is common knowledge. Seems nuts to be in this type of redraft now, but I'm currently in a 4 hour slow draft.

Trying to do one of these tonight. I remember talking to you about possibly gaining an edge by doing the draft on these national contests before the NFL draft. 

Anyway live draft tonight at 730 and we need 5 more. $200 redraft contest is very similar to FPC redraft.

https://rtsports.com/fantasy-championship/267995

Edited by barackdhouse

Posted (edited)

$250 SF starts this week and I want to do one before the NFL draft. The kids go back to school at the end of the month and that means I get to get out of the house a *lot* more. Slated for Wednesday kickoff right now if anyone wants to jump in the Superflex world. You should know all my secrets by now.

Edited by barackdhouse

15 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Trying to do one of these tonight. I remember talking to you about possibly gaining an edge by doing the draft on these national contests before the NFL draft. 

Anyway live draft tonight at 730 and we need 5 more. $200 redraft contest is very similar to FPC redraft.

https://rtsports.com/fantasy-championship/267995

Did you get in a draft? For sure I think doing a draft now increases odds of gaining an edge, and also increases odds of drafting a bad team but in this format I think it's worth tradeoff.

I'm big on slow drafts this time of year, time wasters, I'm in round 7 of my draft now.

8 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Did you get in a draft? For sure I think doing a draft now increases odds of gaining an edge, and also increases odds of drafting a bad team but in this format I think it's worth tradeoff.

I'm big on slow drafts this time of year, time wasters, I'm in round 7 of my draft now.

It didn't fill last night but I'm doing one tonight. Drew the 12 spot. I like slow drafts but I kind of like knocking a draft out in a couple hours. 

20 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

$250 SF starts this week and I want to do one before the NFL draft. The kids go back to school at the end of the month and that means I get to get out of the house a *lot* more. Slated for Wednesday kickoff right now if anyone wants to jump in the Superflex world. You should know all my secrets by now.

Come on you know you want to! 7 spots left.

Actually with the QB landscape in such flux this year it really will be difficult to spot the 2nd tier QBs in a startup. I *think* they may go a bit later than they would once landing spots are sorted,

19 hours ago, menobrown said:

Diggs and Swift at the 1.12/2.01 turn. I took every rookie RB I could. Now I'll just let that team sit there for 9 months. My little RT Fantasy Championship baby will be ready by then. Ok seeing myself out now.

4 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Diggs and Swift at the 1.12/2.01 turn. I took every rookie RB I could. Now I'll just let that team sit there for 9 months. My little RT Fantasy Championship baby will be ready by then. Ok seeing myself out now.

That's usually my plan on these early drafts but it's a little thin this year and I'm doing this draft out of the 1 spot. 24/25 was to early for a rookie RB right now, by 48/49 the Big 3 were gone.  Last year at this time between rounds 4-7 I was coming out with 2-3 of Taylor, Swift, Dobbins,Akers and CEH in every single draft, much more elusive this year for rookie RB's but the tradeoff is that third round area as of right now looks like best third round redraft RB market I can recall.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, menobrown said:

That's usually my plan on these early drafts but it's a little thin this year and I'm doing this draft out of the 1 spot. 24/25 was to early for a rookie RB right now, by 48/49 the Big 3 were gone.  Last year at this time between rounds 4-7 I was coming out with 2-3 of Taylor, Swift, Dobbins,Akers and CEH in every single draft, much more elusive this year for rookie RB's but the tradeoff is that third round area as of right now looks like best third round redraft RB market I can recall.

It is thin and I agree about that range from the 1 spot. I managed to get J Williams and McLaurin at the 3/4 turn. Didn't take another RB until the 9th though (Vaughn). Then took a bunch of rookies. Jefferson, Hill, Stevenson, Felton. If just one of them lands in a good spot I'll be happy with it. One benefit to drafting upside plays so early in the season (but later in my draft) is that by September when the 1st waiver runs, there shouldn't be any wringing my hands over who to drop. Sometimes on my later drafts like in late August, I have trouble figuring out who to drop on that 1st run, because even on those later teams there are still guys available that emerge at the last second. They're not all going to be James Robinson but still.

I was hoping one more of the top 3 RBs would fall but the other two went just before. Otherwise I'm questioning my Diggs pick because looking at the landscape as it is today, I think this year it is going to be more necessary than usual to take RBs high. They're all gone by the 4th and typically I have several (k maybe 4-7) in my backpocket for later in the draft but this year I've got nothing. Some as of yet undrafted rookies that really aren't that exciting.

Anyone wondering, this contest is *very* similar to the Football Guys Championship on the FFPC site, which although we haven't talked about it yet, is another subtopic separate from dynasty that we thought of including here in this thread. 

Edited by barackdhouse

Posted (edited)

From the 12 spot:

Hurts 8, Tua 15
Swift 2, J Williams 3, Vaughn 9, Jefferson 10, Stevenson 13, Hill 14, Felton 16
Diggs 1, McLaurin 4, Juju 5, Chark 6, G Davis 11, B Edwards 18
Hockenson 7, Higbee 12
Wash 17, Cleve 20
Lutz 19

Edited by barackdhouse

15 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I was hoping one more of the top 3 RBs would fall but the other two went just before. Otherwise I'm questioning my Diggs pick because looking at the landscape as it is today, I think this year it is going to be more necessary than usual to take RBs high.

Anyone wondering, this contest is *very* similar to the Football Guys Championship on the FFPC site,

With regards to the bolded most people I know who play FFPC also play this contest, which is comparable to the Footballguys championship with FFPC. Few hundred dollar buy-in for a shot at a few hundred grand prize, main difference is really single PPR for TE's vs 1.5 in FFPC. I'm partial to FFPC myself but just spreading it out and the Footballguys Championship is not drafting yet so this is all I got. I just thought if you play FFPC redraft this would be of interest, plus it's slow right now. But this thread is fairly active and if people don't want us talking about this here I won't here I won't be mad if you say so.

I agree with philosophy of your draft approach barack, not sure if this is the ideal year for rookie RB gobbling but I agree with the approach.  In general my approach is to try and draft rookies and free agents I think can increase heavily in value, to be able to draft them in a place now you can't touch them later, which is risky but it's a national contest and goal is not winning the league.

You mentioned possible regret on going Diggs for RB with the way the market would dry up and I had similar second thoughts on passing a RB at 2/3 turn for two WR's. I thought I'd be able to get Javonte at 4/5 turn but missed by a few. 

I'm still in round 7.

CMC, Drake, Fournette

Michael Thomas, AJ Brown, Godwin, Diontae

Drake and Fournette at 6/7 turn is a reach, but it does fit my approach of taking players whose stock can rise with good landing spot, though to be fair I can't see them raising past 4th if they landed in best possible spot. But I passed Chark for example so were I find myself having second regret is would I rather have say Gibson/Chark or AJB/Fournette?  I'm not sure yet an how rest of the draft goes might change my mind.

19 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I'm still in round 7.

CMC, Drake, Fournette

Michael Thomas, AJ Brown, Godwin, Diontae

Drake and Fournette at 6/7 turn is a reach, but it does fit my approach of taking players whose stock can rise with good landing spot, though to be fair I can't see them raising past 4th if they landed in best possible spot. But I passed Chark for example so were I find myself having second regret is would I rather have say Gibson/Chark or AJB/Fournette?  I'm not sure yet an how rest of the draft goes might change my mind.

Yeah that is probably pretty close but I think Gibson swings this comp. As for vets who could rise, Gibson could still be that guy if Washington gets a good QB, and I suspect they're going to. Jags are going to get Lawrence. I love Brown but Fournette is probably too big of a question mark for me. But I think it's fine. I *suppose* if you took Gibson maybe you wouldn't have been up on Drake? Maybe you take Chark there and still get Fournette? IDK.

2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Yeah that is probably pretty close but I think Gibson swings this comp. As for vets who could rise, Gibson could still be that guy if Washington gets a good QB, and I suspect they're going to. Jags are going to get Lawrence. I love Brown but Fournette is probably too big of a question mark for me. But I think it's fine. I *suppose* if you took Gibson maybe you wouldn't have been up on Drake? Maybe you take Chark there and still get Fournette? IDK.

29 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

Gibson/Chark for me

I've been lower on Chark then most people for over a year now, even with Lawrence, so I'm not bummed about passing him but I am bummed I reached for need. I would not have been ecstatic taking Chark at 6/7 but I would have  taken him for sure and I'd have felt better about it then reaching on either Drake or Fournette. If I'd have taken Gibson I'd have reached on one of them and taken Chark with the other, just not both and if I had to decide on which one I'm not sure.

Anyway 6/7 was a bad spot for me, got me a bad mood. Team picking 6.9 chewed up whole 4 hours to take Carson which was the FA RB I really wanted. Then the team at 6.11 was sitting OTC for over an hour when the Dak signing broke and they swooped in and took him when I was planning to before I knew he had been extended.  Got me in a funk and then I reached for need, now need to hope they land well in FA.

4 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I've been lower on Chark then most people for over a year now, even with Lawrence, so I'm not bummed about passing him but I am bummed I reached for need. I would not have been ecstatic taking Chark at 6/7 but I would have  taken him for sure and I'd have felt better about it then reaching on either Drake or Fournette. If I'd have taken Gibson I'd have reached on one of them and taken Chark with the other, just not both and if I had to decide on which one I'm not sure.

Anyway 6/7 was a bad spot for me, got me a bad mood. Team picking 6.9 chewed up whole 4 hours to take Carson which was the FA RB I really wanted. Then the team at 6.11 was sitting OTC for over an hour when the Dak signing broke and they swooped in and took him when I was planning to before I knew he had been extended.  Got me in a funk and then I reached for need, now need to hope they land well in FA.

I've done a few of the $35 bestballs now and I'm definitely not seeing a ton of RB opportunity later on. And I think that jives with my read of the landscape that there just aren't that many FF relevant job openings for RBs this year. It goes against my usual approach, though, to go RB heavy early. I do think taking Gibson there earlier would have given you the flexibility you needed later on when you got to the 6th. Hindsight though.

On that note one big advantage to the slow draft is the ability to not be rushed. I took McLaurin at the 3/4 turn because I pulled a rookie mistake and took too long hunting in the pick list for J Williams. I typically don't start filling my queue until just a little later in the draft, but the first two rookie RBs were right there in the main pick list and I had to really hunt down to find Williams. I knew I was taking a WR with the other pick but my clock was running down and although I actually wanted Lamb there, I took McLaurin because I had to. And that was fine but better than autopick whatever was at the top. I never do that so glad I got it out of the way in March. Not like Lamb and McLaurin are so dissimilar.

Posted (edited)

I always know who I want when it gets to me but I didn't think it would be so hard to find Lamb and Williams in the list. 8 other WRs ended up going before Lamb as it turned out. ETA after my 3/4 picks I mean. 

Edited by barackdhouse

6 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I've done a few of the $35 bestballs now and I'm definitely not seeing a ton of RB opportunity later on.

Agree on doing those drafts, which I've done a few, and not seeing a lot of RB opportunity later and that was on my mind but at the same time those drafts kind of mislead me because I could get a Javonte Williams or Hunt at 4/5 turn, at least one in every draft but that not available in this one.

It's a different year for the RB landscape. It's deep right now in round 3, maybe richest RB looking round 3 landscape I can recall. But once you seep into that middle 4th round range it falls off a cliff.

For an idea is where RB's went in round 4 plus:

Round 4: Hunt, Edmonds(way high), Williams

Round 5: Dillon

Round 6: Gordon, ROJO, Carson, David Johnson, Drake

Round 7: Fournette and Mostert but we are only on pick 7.4

Hunt needs a Chubb injury or he's a middling RB2, Edmonds needs to be made the man, Dillon needs Aaron Jones to leave, Williams needs to land well in the draft.  Everyone on this list IMO needs something to go well for them to be someone you actually feel good about starting.

So yea I love Michael Thomas and AJB, think both have chance to be the WR1 but next time I think I got to secure that RB bag.

35 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Agree on doing those drafts, which I've done a few, and not seeing a lot of RB opportunity later and that was on my mind but at the same time those drafts kind of mislead me because I could get a Javonte Williams or Hunt at 4/5 turn, at least one in every draft but that not available in this one.

It's a different year for the RB landscape. It's deep right now in round 3, maybe richest RB looking round 3 landscape I can recall. But once you seep into that middle 4th round range it falls off a cliff.

Round 5: Dillon

Round 6: Gordon, ROJO, Carson, David Johnson, Drake

Round 7: Fournette and Mostert but we are only on pick 7.4

Dillon needs Aaron Jones to leave

I might be adding ROJO to my list of appealing RBs in this range. I wouldn't touch a single one of the others except DJ if I had to. Maybe Carson.

I think Dillon needs more than Jones to leave and am blown away at how early he is going. 

On 3/9/2021 at 8:58 AM, barackdhouse said:

Drew the 3 spot in my SF startup. I don't think I want to share my moves or approach until after we do our regular startup in June, but I'll share where players are going and that kind of thing. 

1.01 Mahomes
1.02 Allen
1.03 Murray

Ewwwww let's see if you can use this against me! Yeah ok JK nothing surprising here of course. I thought there was an outside chance someone might take CMC and it did cross my mind to do so but no. From here out I go radio silent other than sharing when I see something interesting. Like how early Dillon goes since I don't think it is a surprise I'm probably not taking him.

I feel like I'm the only one in here that talks about SuperFlex or that actually plays it. @Zyphrosis in a league with me but I think he said he hates the format.

That said I just had an epiphany that there are a number of these leagues that have some QBs on waivers that might really hit in FA or through trade. And I'm wondering it that came to pass, how it might affect the 1st/2nd round rookie draft board.

Mariota for example. Let's say for argument sake that he gets traded somewhere that makes him the starter. I think this is actually super likely. He is available on the wire in *most* of my FFPC SF leagues. If this comes to pass I would absolutely consider taking him at 1.02. Now, regardless of whether that is crazy or not, here is my question:

How high do you think Mariota could go in a rookie draft if he is a starter? If you needed a QB (and a lot of SF teams do).

And ultimately the implication is that the top RB tier would potentially get pushed down yet another spot.

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

I feel like I'm the only one in here that talks about SuperFlex or that actually plays it. @Zyphrosis in a league with me but I think he said he hates the format.

That said I just had an epiphany that there are a number of these leagues that have some QBs on waivers that might really hit in FA or through trade. And I'm wondering it that came to pass, how it might affect the 1st/2nd round rookie draft board.

Mariota for example. Let's say for argument sake that he gets traded somewhere that makes him the starter. I think this is actually super likely. He is available on the wire in *most* of my FFPC SF leagues. If this comes to pass I would absolutely consider taking him at 1.02. Now, regardless of whether that is crazy or not, here is my question:

How high do you think Mariota could go in a rookie draft if he is a starter? If you needed a QB (and a lot of SF teams do).

And ultimately the implication is that the top RB tier would potentially get pushed down yet another spot.

I'm in four FFPC superflex leagues, but last year was my first year doing that format in FFPC. I took over two orphans and did two startups. In one orphan, I had Russell Wilson and Winston, who was still a Buc when I took over the team, so I was kinda pissed when he got cut. To your point: In the rookie/vet draft, I was on the clock at the 2.02 and Jared Stidham was there. I know it seems dumb now that the Pats would have gone into the season with Stidham as starter, but at the time, it seemed about a 50/50 chance. So I took him. It hurts to see all the rookies I passed on, but I chalk it up to being somewhat new to the format. (A few weeks later, I took a shot and traded Winston for Cam straight up, which worked out for about the first month of the season.)

Mariota isn't available in any of my SF leagues, but I don't think I'd take him at the 1.02 when literally any other rookie at that spot will have much more trade value and for much longer. Mariota will likely be considered a stop-gap QB anywhere he ends up, unless he pulls a Tannehill, but, even then, I don't see anyone trading the 1.02 for Tanny. Using Stidham as an example, he was taken as early as the 1.10 in FFPC rookie drafts last May, and his ADP was 3.01 in the 31 leagues where he was drafted. I think a good Mariota comp is Bridgewater, who was the unquestioned starter for Carolina and was available in only three SF rookie drafts, where he was taken at the 2.01, 2.09 and 3.04.

41 minutes ago, phandango said:

I'm in four FFPC superflex leagues, but last year was my first year doing that format in FFPC. I took over two orphans and did two startups. In one orphan, I had Russell Wilson and Winston, who was still a Buc when I took over the team, so I was kinda pissed when he got cut. To your point: In the rookie/vet draft, I was on the clock at the 2.02 and Jared Stidham was there. I know it seems dumb now that the Pats would have gone into the season with Stidham as starter, but at the time, it seemed about a 50/50 chance. So I took him. It hurts to see all the rookies I passed on, but I chalk it up to being somewhat new to the format. (A few weeks later, I took a shot and traded Winston for Cam straight up, which worked out for about the first month of the season.)

Mariota isn't available in any of my SF leagues, but I don't think I'd take him at the 1.02 when literally any other rookie at that spot will have much more trade value and for much longer. Mariota will likely be considered a stop-gap QB anywhere he ends up, unless he pulls a Tannehill, but, even then, I don't see anyone trading the 1.02 for Tanny. Using Stidham as an example, he was taken as early as the 1.10 in FFPC rookie drafts last May, and his ADP was 3.01 in the 31 leagues where he was drafted. I think a good Mariota comp is Bridgewater, who was the unquestioned starter for Carolina and was available in only three SF rookie drafts, where he was taken at the 2.01, 2.09 and 3.04.

I took Stidham at 2.12 in a FFPC SF rookie draft last year.  I would never have considered him at 2.02.  In fact he was the 4th of my 4 second round picks in that league (Dillon, Hurst and Gibson were the others) and I didn't start considering Stidham until toward the end of the round.

If Mariota were to sign somewhere as the clear-cut starter I think he would go late first (after the top 4 rookie QB's) in most drafts, maybe early second. If he signs somewhere to compete for the starting job he probably goes mid to late second.