What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread (2 Viewers)

Lock is available on a couple waivers as well. If Denver doesn't make a splash he would have some value in the maybe late 1st early 2nd as well. IDK SF is weird. Tannehill is almost untouchable in my leagues and I have tried to get him. 

Hurts SF value just jumped dramatically with the Wentz news (obviously) and there is some mystery to whether he will be the starter (not in my mind but in the market). Yet his current value is about the 1.02. If Mariota became an unquestioned starter his value would also rival or even exceed that of Chase/Harris.

I took Stidham at 2.12 in a FFPC SF rookie draft last year.  I would never have considered him at 2.02.  In fact he was the 4th of my 4 second round picks in that league (Dillon, Hurst and Gibson were the others) and I didn't start considering Stidham until toward the end of the round.

If Mariota were to sign somewhere as the clear-cut starter I think he would go late first (after the top 4 rookie QB's) in most drafts, maybe early second. If he signs somewhere to compete for the starting job he probably goes mid to late second.
It was a huge regret on my part. I was desperate for that second QB, and the asking price for other QBs in the league was so high. My next pick in that league wasn't until the 3.10.

Lock is available on a couple waivers as well. If Denver doesn't make a splash he would have some value in the maybe late 1st early 2nd as well. IDK SF is weird. Tannehill is almost untouchable in my leagues and I have tried to get him. 

Hurts SF value just jumped dramatically with the Wentz news (obviously) and there is some mystery to whether he will be the starter (not in my mind but in the market). Yet his current value is about the 1.02. If Mariota became an unquestioned starter his value would also rival or even exceed that of Chase/Harris.
I did a non-FFPC SF startup in 2019 when Mariota was still the Tennessee starter. He was picked as QB22, at the end of the seventh round. I'm not sure his value would be much different if he was the unquestioned starter for someone tomorrow. I was pretty high on Mariota during his first few years, but there is just no way I see his trade value increasing to that of a top-6 rookie pick. A year from now, those top 6 rookies all have a high chance of increasing in value, which is everything you look for in fantasy. It's very unlikely any of them will have zero value in a year (barring catastrophic injury or off-the-field issues). With what we've seen happen to Bridgewater, Lock, Minshew, and to a less extent, Foles and Cam, I just don't see the value in using a high first-round pick on Mariota, no matter where he goes. His ceiling a year from now is probably Tannehill, while his floor is having no value at all.

I feel like I'm the only one in here that talks about SuperFlex or that actually plays it. @Zyphrosis in a league with me but I think he said he hates the format.

That said I just had an epiphany that there are a number of these leagues that have some QBs on waivers that might really hit in FA or through trade. And I'm wondering it that came to pass, how it might affect the 1st/2nd round rookie draft board.

Mariota for example. Let's say for argument sake that he gets traded somewhere that makes him the starter. I think this is actually super likely. He is available on the wire in *most* of my FFPC SF leagues. If this comes to pass I would absolutely consider taking him at 1.02. Now, regardless of whether that is crazy or not, here is my question:

How high do you think Mariota could go in a rookie draft if he is a starter? If you needed a QB (and a lot of SF teams do).

And ultimately the implication is that the top RB tier would potentially get pushed down yet another spot.
I'll chime in about my FFPC SF thoughts... because it looks like we're doing 1 QB :)

I'm happy to have 1 solid QB and go dumpster diving for a 2nd or 3rd. And it's relatively easy in FFPC due to roster limitations. Other SF formats i hoard QBs as much as the next guy. It's just not as productive in FFPC. At least it's worked well for me in my 1 FFPC league for a while. Results may vary,  of course. 

i recently bought my first SF orphan as well. Really solid team save for QB, which is apparently why i wss the only one interested in it. Between Bridgewater,  Winston,  Brees,  and other undesirables,  I should be able to piece together a QB1. From there I'll grab a Mitch Trubisky,  Brandon Allen,  Chase Daniels of waivers as needed to get me 15-20 points. Sometimes those hit for more like a Fitzpatrick. 

A bit rambling,  but point being I will never pay a premium for a top 12-16 QB in FFPC SF, or draft one highly, unless his name is Mahomes. 

I know I'm in a small minority here, but that's just my way. 

I'm happy to have 1 solid QB and go dumpster diving for a 2nd or 3rd. And it's relatively easy in FFPC due to roster limitations.

I know I'm in a small minority here, but that's just my way. 
I see it the same. There are more options available than people think. I've been able to fill gaps with the likes of Foles, Trubisky, T Hill, Lock. Heineke. When cuts come down this month there will be more names made available. 

I feel like this path allows you to be very dominant elsewhere and eventually upgrade at QB2. I feel like no matter the format you have to choose where to be weakest. Until such a time as you are dominant. For me in FFPC SF I want my weakspot to be QB2. At least I think so. It has worked out so far.

I'll post the 2nd one as its a "real" trade in the dynasty trade thread as that might elicit discussion. I have done 2 small trades on that $1 team I bought.

I gave Latavius Murray for Greg Zuerlein lol needed a K

gave 2022 2 for Mike Williams and 4.5

Bought Goff for a 3rd last month
That's about what I would pay. In fact in my SF league I offered a 3rd for Goff. I got rejected and countered with one of those ever-so-clever offers of my Waller for his 6th round pick. 

I guess some people find my differing QB valuations insulting. Oh well. 

I'll post the 2nd one as its a "real" trade in the dynasty trade thread as that might elicit discussion. I have done 2 small trades on that $1 team I bought.

I gave Latavius Murray for Greg Zuerlein lol needed a K

gave 2022 2 for Mike Williams and 4.5
I don't mind your K trade. If your cutting Latavius anyway,  go get your favorite kicker!

I feel like I'm the only one in here that talks about SuperFlex or that actually plays it. @Zyphrosis in a league with me but I think he said he hates the format.

That said I just had an epiphany that there are a number of these leagues that have some QBs on waivers that might really hit in FA or through trade. And I'm wondering it that came to pass, how it might affect the 1st/2nd round rookie draft board.

Mariota for example. Let's say for argument sake that he gets traded somewhere that makes him the starter. I think this is actually super likely. He is available on the wire in *most* of my FFPC SF leagues. If this comes to pass I would absolutely consider taking him at 1.02. Now, regardless of whether that is crazy or not, here is my question:

How high do you think Mariota could go in a rookie draft if he is a starter? If you needed a QB (and a lot of SF teams do).

And ultimately the implication is that the top RB tier would potentially get pushed down yet another spot.
I love Superflex. My first 3 dynasty leagues were SF and I love the format. I hate the FFPC format of Superflex though. The roster constraints put an even larger emphasis on QB's when their value is already elevated. I feel it's a bit unfair actually. If you don't have mainstay's at QB, you're pretty much screwed. This also inflates rookie pick's. It's almost impossible to trade for picks. 

As for Mariota specifically (he's the only main one available in our league with starter potential on FA) I don't see the point in using a 1st rounder on him let alone the 1.02. I'd easily prefer literally ANY of the QB's from this class over him. Assuming like you said that he does get a starting job, he's not a long term QB answer for a team. That's not someone I'd want to buy at the high price of a 1st. Maybe this is giving you too much info on my draft strategy for that league but whatever. Might as well take the rookie and hope it pans out. 

The highest I would take Mariota in a rookie draft for 2021 is probably early 2nd IF we knew he was a starter for a team. 

Assuming like you said that he does get a starting job, he's not a long term QB answer for a team.
Ok but my premise was that he would be considered the long term (or at least midterm) answer by whoever trades for him, not that they would be using him as a stopgap. That may indeed be the most likely scenario, though, and I agree with you guys about that. But the point of my question is if someone trades for him, signs him to a couple years at least and holds a press conference calling him their starter. If I thought he would just be a stopgap of course I wouldn't take him that high. That wasn't the premise, though. 

If you FFPC startup folks have a late departure I can jump in. I didn't post/inquire earlier as I have around 20 FFPC Dyno's but I can squeeze another one in, especially against the likes of you guys :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok but my premise was that he would be considered the long term (or at least midterm) answer by whoever trades for him, not that they would be using him as a stopgap. That may indeed be the most likely scenario, though, and I agree with you guys about that. But the point of my question is if someone trades for him, signs him to a couple years at least and holds a press conference calling him their starter. If I thought he would just be a stopgap of course I wouldn't take him that high. That wasn't the premise, though. 
That's the problem though. Even if he signs as a starter, they have the press conference and all the frills to say "he's our answer" I'm a realist so I know that's not what's likely to happen. They might want that, and I'm sure there will be some that view him highly, I don't care how good the optics look, he won't be a long term answer in my mind. Ever. 

If you FFPC startup folks have a late departure I can jump in. I didn't post/inquire earlier as I have around 20 FFPC Dyno's but I can squeeze another one in, especially against the likes of you guys :unsure:
I think we're actually looking for a 12th still to seal the deal, so unless I'm mistaken I think you're the 12th!! I think we can ask FFPC to set this up for us now if that is right.

1.01 Mahomes
1.02 Allen
1.03 Murray

Ewwwww let's see if you can use this against me! Yeah ok JK nothing surprising here of course. I thought there was an outside chance someone might take CMC and it did cross my mind to do so but no. From here out I go radio silent other than sharing when I see something interesting. Like how early Dillon goes since I don't think it is a surprise I'm probably not taking him.
This draft is going (somewhat) against what is publicly available ADP data on these FFPC SF startups so far. And in favor of QBs. To say the least. We're at 3.07 and only 5 WRs have been taken.

1.04 Lawrence
1.05 Dak
1.06 Herbert
1.07 Lamar
1.08 Watson
1.09 CMC
1.10 Taylor
1.11 Barkley
1.12 Burrow

This is now my 4th FFPC SF Startup in the last 3 years but I have never seen it this QB heavy at the top, and so far this year the other FFPC SF drafts haven't been either. Who knew?

I'm going to keep the order randomized from here and give a little running list by position in the round. I don't wanna give away my targets. The order within the position is correct left to right as they went, though.

2nd round:

QBs - Wilson, Baker
RBs - Swift, Akers, Cook, Kamara, Harris
WRs - Jefferson, Adams, Metcalf, Brown
TEs - Kelce

This draft is going (somewhat) against what is publicly available ADP data on these FFPC SF startups so far. And in favor of QBs. To say the least. We're at 3.07 and only 5 WRs have been taken.

1.04 Lawrence
1.05 Dak
1.06 Herbert
1.07 Lamar
1.08 Watson
1.09 CMC
1.10 Taylor
1.11 Barkley
1.12 Burrow

This is now my 4th FFPC SF Startup in the last 3 years but I have never seen it this QB heavy at the top, and so far this year the other FFPC SF drafts haven't been either. Who knew?

I'm going to keep the order randomized from here and give a little running list by position in the round. I don't wanna give away my targets. The order within the position is correct left to right as they went, though.

2nd round:

QBs - Wilson, Baker
TEs - Kelce
I understand Lawrence going 1.01 in SF this year,  but I have a feeling that guy is going to regret 1.04 in a startup. I'd take the next 4 QB over him easily.  They've produced Lawrence hasn't taken a snap. 

I understand Lawrence going 1.01 in SF this year,  but I have a feeling that guy is going to regret 1.04 in a startup. I'd take the next 4 QB over him easily.  They've produced Lawrence hasn't taken a snap. 
Yeah Lawrence at 1.04 in a SF startup seems crazy to me

1.04 Lawrence
1.05 Dak
1.06 Herbert
1.07 Lamar
1.08 Watson
1.09 CMC
1.10 Taylor
1.11 Barkley
1.12 Burrow

2nd round:

QBs - Wilson, Baker
TEs - Kelce
Wow, highest I have seen Baker go as well.

2nd round:

QBs - Wilson, Baker
TEs - Kelce
3rd round:

QBs - Rodgers, Fields, Hurts
RBs - Dobbins, Gibson, Henry, Ettienne, CEH
WRs - Tyreek, Lamb
TEs - Waller, Kittle

I remain blown away that only 6 WRs are gone. 

That SF startup is like my wet dream for an FFPC SF.  I've had a ton of luck somewhat punting at QB (grabbing my main QB in the ~3rd round and my 2nd QB 5th-7th).  So them going off the board that fast and letting all that other talent drop is right up my wheelhouse.

I have had a TON of luck acquiring QBs for relatively cheap in FFPC SF beyond the startup draft.  It seems like people tend to treat the startup like a regular large roster dynasty league and then after a year or two of the league they realize how difficult it is to hold a bunch of QBs and are willing to deal.  That's not even considering that the QBs tend to drop quite a bit in the subsequent rookie drafts relative to other SF leagues.

Big Ben. Minshew.

Bought Goff for a 3rd last month

I have had a TON of luck acquiring QBs for relatively cheap in FFPC SF beyond the startup draft.  It seems like people tend to treat the startup like a regular large roster dynasty league and then after a year or two of the league they realize how difficult it is to hold a bunch of QBs and are willing to deal.  That's not even considering that the QBs tend to drop quite a bit in the subsequent rookie drafts relative to other SF leagues.
Yeah me, too but I've definitely had to work at it. And there is probably this waiting period for other owners to make some of those realizations as you said.

Most obvious and best recent example of this cheaper QB strategy is Hurts. Totally unique situation (because it was weird the Eagles took him) but consider the profit here, yes I'm using my examples but we all know the guy is selling all over the industry in trades left and right.

One league I got him for a 6th in-season. Yes that is criminal and an outlier. 

Other league took him at 11.03 in the startup last year as my 3rd QB. This is a big one but I moved Godwin and Hurts for Chark, Rodgers and 2.07 - I know it is hard to handicap that one but to me it's a small profit with proven production from Rodgers as my new QB2 to pair with Allen. Godwin was my WR4 and I don't like his outlook in Tampa a ton.

Other league I traded Antonio Brown and what became 2.03 this year for Hurts/Gabriel Davis right before the 2020 season. Then flipped Hurts for 1.09/2.08 and parlayed that (with a big overpay) to get to 1.03.

Anyway point is these cheaper QB2s can be had. And again, from one week to the next if you are forced to run with one QB and start your 3rd RB or 3rd WR instead, it really isn't such a horrible thing. I won a SF title last year with Mahomes and a cross between Foles, Trubisky and I forget who else at QB2 but a lot of weeks I was running Mike Evans out there and David Johnson and it was ok.

1.04 Lawrence
1.05 Dak
1.06 Herbert
1.07 Lamar
1.08 Watson
1.09 CMC
1.10 Taylor
1.11 Barkley
1.12 Burrow

2nd round:

QBs - Wilson, Baker
TEs - Kelce
Were picks 1.01-1.03 Cooks, Kamara & Zeke? If so, that's a reach on Zeke as well IMHO

Were picks 1.01-1.03 Cooks, Kamara & Zeke? If so, that's a reach on Zeke as well IMHO
No way. All QBs SF format. Cook and Kamara went in the 2nd and Zeke is still available in the 4th. SF startup.

1.01 Mahomes
1.02 Allen
1.03 Murray

Ewwwww let's see if you can use this against me! Yeah ok JK nothing surprising here of course. I thought there was an outside chance someone might take CMC and it did cross my mind to do so but no. From here out I go radio silent other than sharing when I see something interesting. Like how early Dillon goes since I don't think it is a surprise I'm probably not taking him.

1.04 Lawrence
1.05 Dak
1.06 Herbert
1.07 Lamar
1.08 Watson
1.09 CMC
1.10 Taylor
1.11 Barkley
1.12 Burrow

2nd round:

QBs - Wilson, Baker
TEs - Kelce
The early FFPC SF ADP is consistent with what you are seeing.  Only 5 drafts so far but Mahomes, Allen, Murray, Herbert, Jackson, Watson, Lawrence, Dak, Burrow and Wilson are all going off the board quickly.  None of them have lasted past 2.05 in any of the 5 drafts.

The early FFPC SF ADP is consistent with what you are seeing.  Only 5 drafts so far but Mahomes, Allen, Murray, Herbert, Jackson, Watson, Lawrence, Dak, Burrow and Wilson are all going off the board quickly.  None of them have lasted past 2.05 in any of the 5 drafts.
That is because there were only 3 drafts in the datastream when I made the comment. Mine is the 4th and is heavily skewing those numbers. But I mean no it isn't really a surprise.

That is because there were only 3 drafts in the datastream when I made the comment. Mine is the 4th and is heavily skewing those numbers. But I mean no it isn't really a surprise.
My point is your draft is not skewing the numbers.   All the drafts are showing the same pattern.  None of those 10 QB's have fallen past 2.05 in ANY of the 5 drafts so far.

Edited to add:  Actually there is one exception.  Burrow fell to 3.03 in one draft.

My point is your draft is not skewing the numbers.   All the drafts are showing the same pattern.  None of those 10 QB's have fallen past 2.05 in ANY of the 5 drafts so far.
Burrow went 3.03 in one of the first 3 but it really isn't that big of a deal. Biggest and starkest difference is that CMC went 1.01 in one and he lasted until 1.09 in mine. You didn't mention Baker but in mine he went 2.06 but had lasted until 5.3 in another. The bigger trend I was commenting on was that it was nothing but QBs for the first 8 picks. I hadn't seen that before. I don't disagree the pattern is largely the same. 

3rd round:

QBs - Rodgers, Fields, Hurts
RBs - Dobbins, Gibson, Henry, Ettienne, CEH
WRs - Tyreek, Lamb
TEs - Waller, Kittle

I remain blown away that only 6 WRs are gone. 
4th round:

QBs - Z Wilson
RBs - Chubb, J Williams, Sanders, Robinson, Zeke, Ekeler
WRs - Diggs, Nuk, Chase, Ridley
TEs - Pitts

barackdhouse said:
4th round:

QBs - Z Wilson
RBs - Chubb, J Williams, Sanders, Robinson, Zeke, Ekeler
WRs - Diggs, Nuk, Chase, Ridley
TEs - Pitts
not gonna keep going with these SF startup results but of note:

Dillon 5.06
We're at 7.01 and the likes of Mike Evans, Diontae, Claypool, Chark, Amari, Juju, Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Waddle, Jeudy, still available. And also only 22 QBs selected, including a couple shaky and as of yet undrafted rookies. Brady, Goff, Jones, Darnold, many others still there. 9 QBs went in round 1 only 13 since.

Dillon 5.06
We're at 7.01 and the likes of Mike Evans, Diontae, Claypool, Chark, Amari, Juju, Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Waddle, Jeudy, still available. And also only 22 QBs selected, including a couple shaky and as of yet undrafted rookies. Brady, Goff, Jones, Darnold, many others still there. 9 QBs went in round 1 only 13 since.
:shock:

Wow, certainly makes a case for waiting a bit to fill out WRs.  What are the top players available at other positions?

:shock:

Wow, certainly makes a case for waiting a bit to fill out WRs.  What are the top players available at other positions?
Yeah it sure does. I like my squad so far but I'm looking at WR and just wow. Thing is this dynamic exists for everyone, so to actually gain an advantage is not necessarily so obvious.

But the only other position I didn't list was RB, but someone just took Jefferson in the early 7th. 4th rookie RB.

Gordon, DJ, Fournette, Jones II, Carson, Drake, Mostert available. Rest of rookie RB crop and guys I probably have lower but you guys might bump up. Hines, Gaskin, Mattison, Vaughn, Moss, those types. Daniel Jones and Amari Cooper just peeled off.

I think @Penguinbeat you to it. We need to sort that out, @NE_REVIVAL and @joey you guys were the ones in contact with FFPC. We need to start a sheet with emails, right?
FBG FFPC Startup $250, June 5th (email)

I will submit the list to FFPC as soon as we get everyone's email; this could be tomorrow or a day or two from now. Fair warning, do not wait to make your deposits if the funds aren't there when needed you will be replaced with an alternate. (IE snooze u lose)

Quote and update the list by adding your email to the most recent reply.

NE_Revival 
Jabrony
Barackdhouse
Bombjack
FreeBaGeL
Menobrown
phandango
Marauders
Zyphros
Iheartff
Joey
Penguin

Alternate =(Grateful Zed)

If you have a suggestion for a league name post it here

I will submit the list to FFPC as soon as we get everyone's email; this could be tomorrow or a day or two from now. Fair warning, do not wait to make your deposits if the funds aren't there when needed you will be replaced with an alternate. (IE snooze u lose)

NE_Revival = fshinnick@gmail.com
Jabrony
Barackdhouse
Bombjack
FreeBaGeL
Menobrown
phandango
Marauders
Zyphros
Iheartff
Joey
Penguin

Can we just PM you our email addresses? My FFPC address is the same one I use for all personal stuff, so I prefer not to list it on a public message board, if that's OK. 

Alternatively, you could create a Google Docs or Sheets file, PM us the link, and we could all fill in info with real names and email addresses.

Sorry to make it overly complicated. 

NE_Revival 
Jabrony
Barackdhouse
Bombjack
FreeBaGeL
Menobrown
phandango
Marauders
Zyphros
Iheartff
Joey
Penguin

On second thought, there are a few who do not want to post your email here and that is fine and understandable; was just trying to make it easier on yours truly.

You can PM me your email ids no problem.

Can we just PM you our email addresses? My FFPC address is the same one I use for all personal stuff, so I prefer not to list it on a public message board, if that's OK. 

Alternatively, you could create a Google Docs or Sheets file, PM us the link, and we could all fill in info with real names and email addresses.

Sorry to make it overly complicated. 
Yeah same here

On second thought, there are a few who do not want to post your email here and that is fine and understandable; was just trying to make it easier on yours truly.

You can PM me your email ids no problem.
Already sent, but I'll send it again.  I'm important, so I should be at the top of your Inbox.

Dillon 5.06
Just got to 8.12 and Juju finally peeled off. My goodness. Julio, Kupp, Lockett, still there not totally surprising. Sutton, Pittman, Jeudy, Waddle, Chark a little surprising but I imagine they come off this morning. QBs about done aside from like Ben, Bridgewater, Darnold, Hill, Cam, Jimmy G, Lock a few others. A lot of TE depth left on the board still. 

Just got to 8.12 and Juju finally peeled off. My goodness. Julio, Kupp, Lockett, still there not totally surprising. Sutton, Pittman, Jeudy, Waddle, Chark a little surprising but I imagine they come off this morning. QBs about done aside from like Ben, Bridgewater, Darnold, Hill, Cam, Jimmy G, Lock a few others. A lot of TE depth left on the board still. 
I like the updates, particularly for SF which is not my wheelhouse. I joined a $77 SF startup for practice\experimentation and plan to sell it after the season if not before. (All young, 3 future 1sts, 2rb,2qbs so far)

Stafford was 17th qb off the board at 5.10 as we get to the turn. 

Users who are viewing this thread