What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

As of today who are your top five/bottom five QBs (1 Viewer)

wgoldsph

Footballguy
If the season started today and every team had to go into the season with the qb currently listed on the top of their depth chart who would you say are the top and bottom five starting qbs going into next year.  Base this on who you'd pick to lead your NFL team and not your fantasy team.  Just for the 21/22 season.

If the season started today and every team had to go into the season with the qb currently listed on the top of their depth chart who would you say are the top and bottom five starting qbs going into next year.  Base this on who you'd pick to lead your NFL team and not your fantasy team.  Just for the 21/22 season.
Top 5: Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Watson, Allen or Wilson 

Bottom 5: Lock, Darnold, Bridgewater, Trubisky, Alex Smith 

Top 5 -Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson

Bottom 5 (not counting Jax) - Lock, Trubisky, D Jones, Goff, Roethlisberger

Top: Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Watson, and I think Allen. Wilson right there. I think Herbert can crack this next year. 

Bottom (worst to 5th worst): whomever WFT currently has, Darnold, Trubisky, Lock, Big Ben. Daniel Jones knocking on the door. 

I know you said who is on their team but tough to add Jacksonville here knowing they are getting Trevor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My picks

Top 5

Mahomes - the best qb in the game, even with a broken o line he still made throws nobody else can make, even if they clanged off his wrs helmets

Rodgers - if you'd asked me last year I'd have told you that he was closer to the bottom than the top, but an f-u mode Rodgers is like an angry hulk

Watson - the only reason Houston has won anything in the past few years

Wilson - let russ cook!

Allen - the 2nd to 3rd year leap he made was huge.  If he keeps it up I can see him moving above everyone not named Mahomes next year

Bottom five

5 Gardner Minshew - he's going to have a great career as a Fitzpatrick type journeyman who provides a spark to random teams before flaming out just as fast as he came on.  But he should never be someone's number one.

4 Alex Smith - a wonderful story, but he'd be better handing them up and coaching.  Should probably be further down but I don't have the heart because of what he's been through.

3 Daniel Jones - come on, bring on the hate.  Anyone who's seen me post knows I think Jones is a terrible qb.  People will make excuses, he didn't play with a healthy team, he was constantly under duress, a number of turnovers were his teams fault and not his, and they'll point out he improved later on in his second season.  But to me he's always going to be the player who allowed Jamal Adams to pluck the ball from his hands and run back an easy defensive td.  He's going to need to be Josh Allen 2.0 in his 3rd year for me to change my mind.

2 Sam Darnold - he never had a chance when Gase came to town and might be worse now than he was in college.  Maybe a qb whisper will save him.

1 Drew Lock - they sure know how to draft qbs in Denver.  Thank you, next.

*edit - Trubisky would be here but he's a fa

Top: Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Watson, and I think Allen. Wilson right there. I think Herbert can crack this next year. 

Bottom (worst to 5th worst): whomever WFT currently has, Darnold, Trubisky, Lock, Big Ben. Daniel Jones knocking on the door. 

I know you said who is on their team but tough to add Jacksonville here knowing they are getting Trevor. 
I think Darnold still has potential. Jets have a horrible o-line and no talent.

i would not want Big Ben but he had the second best season of his career last year in term of TD to INT ration of 33-10.  Ben was around 26-16 the last 4 full season before.

Trubisky will be a career backup from here on in.

Bottom 8: NE (Stidham?), WAS (Smith?), CHI (Foles), DEN (Lock), NYJ (Darnold), JAC (Minshew?), PHI (Hurts), NO (Hill)

But JAC & NYJ already have a replacement lined up.

Top 5: Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Watson, Wilson (HM- Brady)

Bottom 5: Lock, Hurts, Bridgewater, Dalton?, Alex Smith 

Mahomes Allen Rodgers Wilson Watson

HM - Brady, Jackson, Murray

All bottoms will be replaced but here’s some baddies

Darnold, Lock, D Jones, Garropolo, NE, Jax 

I need to see more Hurts to rate him

Top: Mahomes, Rodgers, Russ, Watson...big dropoff but I guess Allen

Bottom: What’s his name in New England, Gardner Minshew, Drew Lock, Mitch Trubisky and I’m torn between Alex Smith and Taysom Hill. Is Kitna under contract with Dallas? Could be whoever they have.

Deamon said:
Top 5: Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Watson, Wilson (HM- Brady)

Bottom 5: Lock, Hurts, Bridgewater, Dalton?, Alex Smith 
Interesting bottom 5. One of them has a ton of upside. 

Sam Quentin said:
Mahomes Allen Rodgers Wilson Watson

HM - Brady, Jackson, Murray

All bottoms will be replaced but here’s some baddies

Darnold, Lock, D Jones, Garropolo, NE, Jax 

I need to see more Hurts to rate him
I remember when Garoppolo was a shark pool daring ;)

I know Ben isn’t the same QB anymore but listing him in the bottom 5 (given all the garbage that’s out there) is laughable.

There is zero chance Alex Smith is the starter in WAS.  He should not be on anyones list.  He's likely not to even be on the team. 

And Kyle Allen isn't signed yet.  So Taylor Heinicke, despite the nice showing against TB, has to be in the bottom five.  If they sign Kyle Allen, he's borderline bottom 5 too.

Top 5:  Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Murray

Bottom 5: Wentz, Hurts, Lock, Mischew, Stidham  ... once WAS figures out if they actually have any QB, they will likely replace Wentz.

Surprising few (1) listing of Wentz in Bottom 5 and no mention of Tua until compared to Hurts in last post. 

Top 5 has the same names listed a few times, but if you put it on 2nd half of season, you need to add Baker Mayfield as a consideration (purely from a stats). 

Not sure how many of the "bottom 5" can elevate their game like Buff Allen did in 2020.  

Surprising few (1) listing of Wentz in Bottom 5 and no mention of Tua until compared to Hurts in last post. 

Top 5 has the same names listed a few times, but if you put it on 2nd half of season, you need to add Baker Mayfield as a consideration (purely from a stats). 

Not sure how many of the "bottom 5" can elevate their game like Buff Allen did in 2020.  
Darnold has a chance to become the next after Gase reclamation project, and he's on a number of lists.  But considering Allen went from near bottom to top in a season, I agree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread