What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where's the Bernie Love? (2 Viewers)

Joe Mammy

Footballguy
I can't even find a thread on the most memed man on the web here.

The guy is just a true blue beauty!

We need a rip roaring young Bernie.

From last night on Kimmel:

“It’s hard. It really is,” Sanders, who chairs the Senate Budget Committee, told late night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel about tackling GOP efforts to distract from the truth.

“A lot of Republicans are decent humans beings. They are good fathers and mothers and everything else,” Sanders said. “But especially under Trump, we have seen this country and the Republican Party move, to my mind, very far away from reality. And the fact that you got colleagues of mine in the Senate who refuse even today to acknowledge that Donald Trump lost the election.”

He said Democrats were “reaching out to Republicans and saying ‘Look, if you want to rebuild our infrastructure, come on aboard, you want to lower the cost of prescription drugs, you want to provide health care to all people, you wanna raise minimum wage in this country. We’d love to have you.’”

But if you are not prepared to come on board, we are going to go forward and we’re gonna do it alone,” he continued. “We’ve got 50 votes plus the vice president. We can do it in the Senate, we’ve got the votes in the House. That’s what we intend to do.”

You Rock Bernie! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding, I'm glad they don't need me.  I'll agree with him about the election and Rx part.  

I'll have to get the skinny on Bernie.  I have a friend who works on the JK Show. 

I can't even find a thread on the most memed man on the web here.
There was a multiple page thread and I think Sinn Fein may have started it, but like other threads started before the new board, it probably can't be found with the search function. 

Sanders really is a great name. Barry, Bernie, The Colonel.

The list seems to be endless.
Don’t forget Neon Deon or Kosar, or Weekend At-

4 or 5 years ago the vibe was “burn with Bernie” because he all for freeing the weed.

Then we had the supposedly radical “Bernie Boys”...who he easily calmed down.

...Bernie is pure of soul. 

Joe Mammy said:
But if you are not prepared to come on board, we are going to go forward and we’re gonna do it alone,” he continued. “We’ve got 50 votes plus the vice president. We can do it in the Senate, we’ve got the votes in the House. That’s what we intend to do.”
I guess I'll believe it when I see it.  So far, they caved on the stimulus, caved on the minimum wage and are cranking up the war machine in Syria.  Not surprising, same as it ever was.

I guess I'll believe it when I see it.  So far, they caved on the stimulus, caved on the minimum wage and are cranking up the war machine in Syria.  Not surprising, same as it ever was.

Don't forget student loans
I don't think the minimum wage nor student loans were ever part of the plan. Including them at the beginning is just good negotiating. Add items you're willing to concede to end up where you wanted to be from the beginning. I don't fault someone for thinking that's the wrong thing to do though.

The stimulus talk though...that is manufactured nonsense. At some point I'll give up correcting people on that, but til then

I don't think the minimum wage nor student loans were ever part of the plan. Including them at the beginning is just good negotiating. Add items you're willing to concede to end up where you wanted to be from the beginning. I don't fault someone for thinking that's the wrong thing to do though.

The stimulus talk though...that is manufactured nonsense. At some point I'll give up correcting people on that, but til then
Could be just a negotiating ploy, you're right and it's not a terrible move but from my perspective it seemed like an effort to get progressive votes to hold their nose and vote for "not Trump" before inevitably going back to where they've always been. 

Could be just a negotiating ploy, you're right and it's not a terrible move but from my perspective it seemed like an effort to get progressive votes to hold their nose and vote for "not Trump" before inevitably going back to where they've always been. 
But for a ruling from the parliamentarian yesterday, minimum wage would be on its way to being signed into law.  I think your cynicism on this one is off base.  🤷‍♂️

I struggle with this one.  Like you I support those ideas, but I’m not sure I support following the “by any means necessary” approach (firing the parliamentarian as Republicans did).  
Perhaps that’s the right move in these political times.  I’m not sure where I stand.  

We all have our own bubbles, but I never got the sense either of these items were a priority in their campaign. I expect this to be a priority in midterm primaries though. I'm curious how the populace will respond then how that would influence policy in 23 and 24. 

Bernie urges the senate to ignore the parliamentarian:  "I regard it as absurd that the parliamentarian, a Senate staffer elected by no one, can prevent a wage increase for 32 million workers."

Bernie- for the people!

Bernie urges the senate to ignore the parliamentarian:  "I regard it as absurd that the parliamentarian, a Senate staffer elected by no one, can prevent a wage increase for 32 million workers."

Bernie- for the people!
This is a horrible statement, and a horrible idea.  If Dems feel free to ignore the Parlementarian (and the rules) you can bet Rs will do the same next time.  Driving it forward is madness.

Was a bad idea then, and still a bad idea IMO.

Also, the Republicans replaced Dove with the previous Parliamentarian, originally appointed by Democrats.  We start down this road today and we'd end up with some QAnon in the job.

[Frumin] was promoted to the position of Chief Parliamentarian in 1987, when the Democratic party obtained a majority and control of the Senate, and the incumbent Parliamentarian, Robert Dove, was dismissed. In 1995, when the Republican party regained control of the Senate, Dove was reinstated as Parliamentarian, and Frumin was returned to his previous position as top assistant.[3] In 1997, while serving as the Senior Assistant Parliamentarian, the Senate honored Frumin by granting him the status of Parliamentarian Emeritus. In May 2001, Dove was again dismissed, this time by the Republican Majority Leader, Trent Lott of Mississippi, and Frumin was again promoted to Chief Parliamentarian, thus becoming the first person to become Chief Parliamentarian under both parties.[4][3][5][6] He was subsequently retained as Chief Parliamentarian at each successive change in party control of the Senate: in June 2001; January 2003; and January 2007. His 35 years and one-month tenure in the Senate Parliamentarian's Office is the longest such tenure in the history of that office, and his 18-year and 10 month service as Chief Parliamentarian is second only to the 29 and a half years served by Charles Watkins, the Senate's first Parliamentarian.

Users who are viewing this thread