What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for a good wallet (1 Viewer)

Kanil

Footballguy
I'm currently using a traditional single fold wallet but want to try something slimmer like one of those moneyclip/card holder combos.  I've seen a few fancy ads on my Facebook feed but wanted to get some input from you guys.

Anyone have a wallet they love and would suggest?  I'd  like to keep it below $100 but I think that should still give me most options.

Thanks!!!

I'm currently using a traditional single fold wallet but want to try something slimmer like one of those moneyclip/card holder combos.  I've seen a few fancy ads on my Facebook feed but wanted to get some input from you guys.

Anyone have a wallet they love and would suggest?  I'd  like to keep it below $100 but I think that should still give me most options.

Thanks!!!
Not that I love it, but I bought this $12.99 Amazon special last year and I like it.  You'll get wallet ads for days if you click that link.

A few comments:

• It takes a while to get used to.  Jeans are my uniform of the day, so into the front pocket it went (cell phone in right pocket; everything else in the left).  Once or twice in the beginning the wallet flopped the ground when pulling keys, or earbuds, or whatnot from the left pocket.  I quickly recalibrated and it's been smooth sailing. STRONGLY recommend starting with a cheap make and getting used to the new form.
  • I carry a DL, CC, a debit card, and a plastic card style door fob for the office (pretty easy to whip out and flash the door reader), and a Costco card because their mobile app still lags behind Sam's Club.  ...and a $20 bill ... and there's my voter registration card!!

Make that a $10 bill now.  Recently my local beer retailer's CC machine went belly up and we could only do a cash transaction. Like a boy scout, I was prepared.

[*]Sucks for carrying cash - and it should, else you're just asking for a bigger form factor.

[*]If not already, get mobile so you can dump cards from your wallet - health insurance, car insurance, Sam's Club, your local grocery, etc.

I have something like this.  think I found mine in the clearance rack at target for like $5. Has two slots for cards in the front, two more on the back, and a center pocket. It's a tight fit getting the cards in there, but it weighs virtually nothing and is barely noticeable in my pocket.

I've used a Crabby wallet for several years. Carries DL, 2 credit cards, debit card, 2 insurance cards, and some cash. I keep the house keys on the loop, secured with the elastic band.

I went walletless about a decade ago and never looked back. This phone case holds a drivers license, credit card, and a folded up bill. And it will still charge on a wireless charger. 

Not for Costanza types, though.

Thanks!!!
Search Travondo Wallets on Amazon.    Thank me later.

I've had a Storus Money Clip for about 8 years and love it.  I will never go back to a wallet again.  The only thing I don't love about it is the credit card slot is fixed so it will only hold 6 or so cards max.

A lot of these look great and seem like good options but without actually getting to touch and feel them to see how they actually perform it makes it difficult to change.  The one I currently have has a money clip that doubles as a bottle opener.  It has come in handy many times.  It's a bit thicker because of that but still manageable for a front jeans pocket.  It's slightly thicker than a deck of cards.  I got it at Kohls about 5 years ago for about $20

ETA:  It's a Carhardt wallet similar to this but has a bottle opener for the money clip.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit the Ridge Wallet looks cool, but that's pretty dang expensive for a money clip.  Those of you that have it, do you prefer the clip or the strap (or both)?

I have to admit the Ridge Wallet looks cool, but that's pretty dang expensive for a money clip.  Those of you that have it, do you prefer the clip or the strap (or both)?
I’ve only used the clip version so can’t compare. The clip hasn’t lost it’s strength/shape in the 6 years I’ve had it. 

I have only ever used the clip and I love it.  When I backed it on Kickstarter it was cheaper for sure.  But, knowing what I know now, it is well worth the current $75 price. I would not spend more for titanium or the other exotic finishes.  Mine is aluminum and has been great for I guess 6 or 7 years now.

There is an unbiased review on youtube of the RIdge vs cheaper models.  It's worth finding and he goes into detail (deficiencies in the knock-offs, material quality, etc.).  Things that are not easily seen/noticed upon purchase.  Technical things like the edges of these wallets, which matter in removing your cards more easily make a difference.  You'd never notice that buying online.

I removed the money clip (easily) with a tool that comes with it.  You can always put it back on.  Didn't like the bulkiness of it.  I also have always preferred cash in one pocket by itself (with one of those simple, cheap expandable folder/paper clips).  In the other pocket goes the Ridge.  It is well made and can fit a wider range of cards than some of the competitors, although I keep only @ 5 cards in mine.  Someone upthread said he's 6 years in, and he still has no problem with the straps.

No issues so far with the straps stretching or losing elasticity and I doubt that is the case with knockoffs.  Durability matters here.  You also likely get a better/longer warrantee with Ridge.  Get what you pay for.  The premium for a daily, multiple use product, with an overall price that doesn't break the bank -- we aren't talking cars here -- is worth it.  Especially if you end up ditching the cheaper model for a Ridge in the end.

This is an easy, simple looking product to think that price doesn't matter much.  Until you use them.  And frequently.

I have something like this.  think I found mine in the clearance rack at target for like $5. Has two slots for cards in the front, two more on the back, and a center pocket. It's a tight fit getting the cards in there, but it weighs virtually nothing and is barely noticeable in my pocket.
This is the wallet I have used for the past year and a half or so.  I like it a lot.  I probably put more in there than there should be.  It can hold a surprising number of bills in the center pocket and still remain pretty sleek...not that you want to do this if you are trying to be minimalist, but it's good to know I can do it if the need arises.

There is an unbiased review on youtube of the RIdge vs cheaper models.  It's worth finding and he goes into detail (deficiencies in the knock-offs, material quality, etc.).  Things that are not easily seen/noticed upon purchase.  Technical things like the edges of these wallets, which matter in removing your cards more easily make a difference.  You'd never notice that buying online.

I removed the money clip (easily) with a tool that comes with it.  You can always put it back on.  Didn't like the bulkiness of it.  I also have always preferred cash in one pocket by itself (with one of those simple, cheap expandable folder/paper clips).  In the other pocket goes the Ridge.  It is well made and can fit a wider range of cards than some of the competitors, although I keep only @ 5 cards in mine.  Someone upthread said he's 6 years in, and he still has no problem with the straps.

No issues so far with the straps stretching or losing elasticity and I doubt that is the case with knockoffs.  Durability matters here.  You also likely get a better/longer warrantee with Ridge.  Get what you pay for.  The premium for a daily, multiple use product, with an overall price that doesn't break the bank -- we aren't talking cars here -- is worth it.  Especially if you end up ditching the cheaper model for a Ridge in the end.

This is an easy, simple looking product to think that price doesn't matter much.  Until you use them.  And frequently.
Great points. Here's my OG Kickstarter Ridge (at least 7 years old) with 14 cards in it, fresh from my front pocket.  Yeah, I've managed to Costanza a Ridge.  But, realistically it's hard to imagine any wallet handling that many cards more elegantly. Plus a little old school cash for sentimental value.  I have to admit, it sucks at holding my BTC.

Old Ridge

Money Shot

Ron Swanson said:
Great points. Here's my OG Kickstarter Ridge (at least 7 years old) with 14 cards in it, fresh from my front pocket.  Yeah, I've managed to Costanza a Ridge.  But, realistically it's hard to imagine any wallet handling that many cards more elegantly. Plus a little old school cash for sentimental value.  I have to admit, it sucks at holding my BTC.

Old Ridge

Money Shot
What do you do when you want a card?  Pop them all out flip to the one you want, pop the rest back in and add the other back later?  Or do you just hold a stack of cards for a bit while waiting for the one to be used?

What do you do when you want a card?  Pop them all out flip to the one you want, pop the rest back in and add the other back later?  Or do you just hold a stack of cards for a bit while waiting for the one to be used?
Just like The Gator said, they fan out pretty easily. The reality is I only use the top 3 regularly and I can poke them right out pretty much blindfolded. I fan out more and search when I need a lesser used card. Easier than tug of war with a leather wallet.

This might be the most first-world problem question ever, but does anyone have a wallet suggestion that keeps the Apple Card from getting beat up? Went non-leather because it stains the card (can't believe I'm typing this), but the metal wallet I pick has beaten the card up.

Thanks, will hang up and listen.

jwb said:
I bought this last year, and I love it. I looked at other types of slim wallets, but this one seemed to fit me best - it can hold a lot of stuff with a fairly small profile.
This wallet is great.  I have something similar.  One pocket on the outside that I put my bankcard in (card that you use most often).  

• Smile
Reactions: jwb
This might be the most first-world problem question ever, but does anyone have a wallet suggestion that keeps the Apple Card from getting beat up? Went non-leather because it stains the card (can't believe I'm typing this), but the metal wallet I pick has beaten the card up.

Thanks, will hang up and listen.
This is what I own  No card damage.  

It holds 6 cards, but if you have any kind of thick cards (AMEX Plat, Sapphire) 5 is actually the perfect number. 

It's not for everyone, the Ridge and so forth can hold a lot more, but if you just want ID and the cards you need, it's awesome.  That little black toggle on the bottom, is just flicked with your pinky when you take it out, and the cards angle out as shown in the photo.  It's a one-handed move, and pretty slick the first time you see it.  

Bought a ridge wallet years ago and never used it. Just put a card or two in my pocket. May dig it out this weekend and give it a try.

Looks pretty nice, how long have you had it? 
Been using it for 3 whole days so I feel confident in speaking to it's long term durability 

:D

Amazon reviews seem good. In hand it's solidly made and I'd expect it to last. I will say it's SNUG initially but it will loosen up a bit I imagine. I dig it.  

I've had this wallet since they were on Kickstarter several years ago. Absolutely fantastic. Can't recommend it enough. I have the OG aluminum with money clip.  Lots of fancy options now.

https://www.ridgewallet.com
I want one of these.  Mentioned to my wife back in the fall that my wallet was starting to tear and fray a bit, hint hint for Christmas gift.  Even stole her phone and looked these up on Amazon & Facebook so she'd get ads for them to put a bug in her head.  She did by me a wallet for Christmas - a brown leather Fossil wallet, the exact same kind I had previously. It works great and holds what I need, but since it was a gift now I gotta wait another couple years to try out the Ridge #firstworldproblems

I've had this wallet since they were on Kickstarter several years ago. Absolutely fantastic. Can't recommend it enough. I have the OG aluminum with money clip.  Lots of fancy options now.

https://www.ridgewallet.com
:goodposting:

The last style of wallet I'll own. Absolutely love it 
I’ve never used a wallet like this. How easy is it to get cards in and out? If I had like 6 cards and wanted to use a middle card in my stack is it easy to get to?

Users who are viewing this thread