What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hasbro makes Mr. Potato Head gender neutral (1 Viewer)

NorvilleBarnes

Footballguy
"Hasbro, the company that makes the potato-shaped plastic toy, is giving the spud a gender neutral new name: Potato Head. The change will appear on boxes this year. Hasbro said Mr. Potato Head, which has been around for about 70 years, needed a modern makeover."

LINK

"Hasbro, the company that makes the potato-shaped plastic toy, is giving the spud a gender neutral new name: Potato Head. The change will appear on boxes this year. Hasbro said Mr. Potato Head, which has been around for about 70 years, needed a modern makeover."

LINK
I think you now refer to what was formally both characters as they/them.  

other than the moustache/lips and eyebrows, how did we tell Mr and Mrs Potatohead apart?  was there an unrated version that had 'additional pieces'?? :oldunsure:

Don't they sell a Mrs. Potato head?  Seems like they cover their bases.

Can we not have a Mr. and Mrs. in the world anymore?  

I would say I'm surprised, but nothing is surprising anymore.  It seems pretty clear to me that these moves are being made ahead of being "cancelled". 

Don't they sell a Mrs. Potato head?  Seems like they cover their bases.

Can we not have a Mr. and Mrs. in the world anymore?  
According to some people there are more than two genders now. This whole thing is beyond ridiculous now.

I was going to make a joke about this story appearing on the next edition of "Hannity", but upon further reflection......it seems more like a Tucker Carlson-type of topic.

Death by a thousand paper cuts seems appropriate
This isn’t a death. It’s not even an injury. At best it’s a mild inconvenience, like somebody moving the wrench I swore I just had right over there, but it’s 4 inches to the back of the bench.

This isn’t a death. It’s not even an injury. At best it’s a mild inconvenience, like somebody moving the wrench I swore I just had right over there, but it’s 4 inches to the back of the bench.
No, you're wrong. It's about the attempt to eliminate sex, and therefore, sex differences from the public sphere.

It's so cute when they're old enough to parrot things and not realize the revolution is on! Honey, isn't he cute?! Oh, that's adorable.

MMmmmmmbbbbbttttpppppfffff in his belly. Mmmmmmmmbbbbtppppfffff in his belly.

No, you're wrong. It's about the attempt to eliminate sex, and therefore, sex differences from the public sphere.

It's so cute when they're old enough to parrot things and not realize the revolution is on! Honey, isn't he cute?! Oh, that's adorable.

"First they came for the potatoes, and I said nothing." 

Its dumb but I just don't understand why anyone would care about this.

I reckon the truth is - nobody does care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait until Adult Film Star Potato Head comes out. All kinds of extra bolt on parts,  including an optional carrot.

Is it just me or is this a woke compliant move that will basically make potato head go away?  I mean I guess kids were still getting Mr/Mrs potato heads.......whos gonna get em now?  I mean I spose a handful of people maybe....  Is Hasbro sacrifing a once iconic toy past it's prime to the PC/cancel/woke gods so they can move on in relative compliance?.....well played Hasbro

From Hasbro:

Hold that Tot – your main spud, MR. POTATO HEAD isn’t going anywhere! While it was announced today that the POTATO HEAD brand name & logo are dropping the ‘MR.’ I yam proud to confirm that MR. & MRS. POTATO HEAD aren’t going anywhere and will remain MR. & MRS. POTATO HEAD

LINK

From Hasbro:

Hold that Tot – your main spud, MR. POTATO HEAD isn’t going anywhere! While it was announced today that the POTATO HEAD brand name & logo are dropping the ‘MR.’ I yam proud to confirm that MR. & MRS. POTATO HEAD aren’t going anywhere and will remain MR. & MRS. POTATO HEAD

LINK
Hasbro is now transphobic and must be cancelled.

I was going to make a joke about this story appearing on the next edition of "Hannity", but upon further reflection......it seems more like a Tucker Carlson-type of topic.
Hannity likes the conspiracy stuff more and this needs to be directly tied to Biden or Hillary. 

I suppose this means the end of Mr. Potato Head's side piece, Curly Fries with Special Sauce.

I think you now refer to what was formally both characters as they/them.  
No shtick - I've started to see some of this listed in some of our Client's email signatures: "Pronouns: He, Him, His"  I guess we need to know how to refer to them if they ever resurface from their covid hibernation.  

Even with their best efforts, they will be unable to actually accomplish that. There are just too many differences, and those differences make us unique. Trying to de-gender a potato isn’t going to bring about a huge change.

Fortunately we have folks like rock on the front lines.  
I'm nowhere near them. I simply said you're wrong if you don't think this isn't part of the activist revolution. That your average moderate like Kal El reacts by denying their censorious intent is what they want. They want the middle unaware of what is happening at every level. Last time with the New Left it was education, mass media, religion, and an Overton window shift in politics. The New New Left has been going since '89 and is just making inroads to our culture, a culture of ossified rot and consumerism that has trouble defending itself on principles previously abandoned.

Restate the principles and be unafraid. There are biological sexes, and there is a difference in behaviors between those that inhabit each earthly dominion. It is not necessarily deterministic, but the overwhelming evidence told us and tells us that these differences exist. If we must speak of everything, then admit to those that are intersexed that they are human, too, and will be treated with dignity. That is all we need promise. Any "roles" or thinking about "roles" is separate from those premises. Sex is sex. Gender is gender. The two are different. That determinism was for so long the philosophy of choice regarding the subsequent roles from the biological sex is the problem, not the actual sex designation.

As far as the non-gendered toy movement goes. It's been going on since the '70s. This is not a new fight. Remember Ms. Magazine and Baby X? That magazine and the radical feminist movement were at the vanguard of the sexless toy movement. And they had allies. The toy companies stood to gain billions of dollars if they could develop toys that appealed to both sexes. The cost of production would drop, the ease of marketing would lead to mass appeal, the profit$ would roll in. So why didn't it work? What was stopping them? Profits were aligned with a social cause for once. So what happened? Well, the stubborn insistence of even the youngest infants did. They rejected those sexless or genderless toys and wound up playing with toys that were made for their sex. And so it was...our Platonic gladiator ideal (radical equality of the sexes was enforced for Plato's Gladiator class in The Republic) got a rude natural awakening.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm nowhere near them. I simply said you're wrong if you don't think this isn't part of the activist revolution. That your average moderate like Kal El reacts by denying their censorious intent is what they want. They want the middle unaware of what is happening at every level. Last time with the New Left it was education, mass media, religion, and an Overton window shift in politics. The New New Left has been going since '89 and is just making inroads to our culture, a culture of ossified rot and consumerism that has trouble defending itself on principles previously abandoned.

Restate the principles and be unafraid. There are biological sexes, and there is a difference in behaviors between those that inhabit each earthly dominion. It is not necessarily deterministic, but the overwhelming evidence told us and tells us that these differences exist. If we must speak of everything, then admit to those that are intersexed that they are human, too, and will be treated with dignity. That is all we need promise. Any "roles" or thinking about "roles" is separate from those premises. Sex is sex. Gender is gender. The two are different. That determinism was for so long the philosophy of choice regarding the subsequent roles from the biological sex is the problem, not the actual sex designation.

As far as the non-gendered toy movement goes. It's been going on since the '70s. This is not a new fight. Remember Ms. Magazine and Baby X? That magazine and the radical feminist movement were at the vanguard of the sexless toy movement. And they had allies. The toy companies stood to gain billions of dollars if they could develop toys that appealed to both sexes. The cost of production would drop, the ease of marketing would lead to mass appeal, the profit$ would roll in. So why didn't it work? What was stopping them? Profits were aligned with a social cause for once. So what happened? Well, the stubborn insistence of even the youngest infants did. They rejected those sexless or genderless toys and wound up playing with toys that were made for their sex. And so it was...our Platonic gladiator ideal (radical equality of the sexes was enforced for Plato's Gladiator class in The Republic) got a rude natural awakening.
A lot of words to say "my bad!"

Users who are viewing this thread