What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN+ (1 Viewer)

FishTacoTuesday

Footballguy
Not sure who has this or who is interested, but I got it as part of a package with Disney and Hulu and I think it's pretty terrible. I was hoping for a Euro soccer game a day, maybe a good hockey game, and some college hoops. 

So the college hoops games have teams like Evansville and Wyoming in them, which is fine.  There are choices.  The soccer is most disappointing, didn't even have any UEFA games on today.  Then there is hockey.  They have one game a day and it's usually a Columbus game.  The NBA games all involve Charlotte and I'm not even sure what their mascot is anymore.  

Seems like I'm paying $4 a month for Max Kellerman podcasts, which I wouldn't listen to unless I was a prisoner of the Taliban and they had nothing else.

Thoughts?   

I feel I get my money's worth by getting access to local mid-major college basketball teams that I follow, a handful of my alma mater's college football games that would otherwise not be televised, NFL Primetime, and an occasional boxing undercard.  Not thrilled about the extra monthly charge, but I can stomach it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure who has this or who is interested, but I got it as part of a package with Disney and Hulu and I think it's pretty terrible. I was hoping for a Euro soccer game a day, maybe a good hockey game, and some college hoops. 

So the college hoops games have teams like Evansville and Wyoming in them, which is fine.  There are choices.  The soccer is most disappointing, didn't even have any UEFA games on today.  Then there is hockey.  They have one game a day and it's usually a Columbus game.  The NBA games all involve Charlotte and I'm not even sure what their mascot is anymore.  

Seems like I'm paying $4 a month for Max Kellerman podcasts, which I wouldn't listen to unless I was a prisoner of the Taliban and they had nothing else.

Thoughts?   
You’re paying $4 for the privilege of being able to purchase UFC PPVs. I get it free and disappointed as well

Thoughts?   
You get to watch all of Napoli's Serie A games with it :shrug:  

Some fair answers in here. I’lol have to check closer on the weekend, but during the week I’m not seeing much. 
During the daytime it’s all garbage - but it’s going to pay for itself in waves come the next few weeks. They’ll have almost every low to mid major conference tourney game. 11 am Wofford hoops, hell yea. 

Worth it for me - FA Cup, Pro14 rugby, Bundesliga, and I can watch most of my nephew’s football games (South Dakota). I also pull up an old 30/30 every once in a while.  

Worth it for me - FA Cup, Pro14 rugby, Bundesliga, and I can watch most of my nephew’s football games (South Dakota). I also pull up an old 30/30 every once in a while.  
yeah I was going to comment it has the FCS games this Spring.  Wouldn't be my primary screen but might have it on my laptop while watching college hoops during the weekend.

Ultimately not worth the minor expense to me though.   

Don't forget the Indian Super League!

Those games start at 6am here. There's nothing like waking up early and doing some gambling on Mumbai City or East Bengal. 
Gonna need more details here.  I've got ESPN+ and a raging case of insomnia.  Just need to know what the Indian Super League is and how to bet on it.

Gonna need more details here.  I've got ESPN+ and a raging case of insomnia.  Just need to know what the Indian Super League is and how to bet on it.
I deal with insomnia too. 11 team professional soccer league from India.  The cool thing is they seem to have one game each and every day, and it always starts at the same time (6am on the west coast).  

I bet the games using an off-shore book. I don't bet using DK or Fanduel but maybe the games are available on there.

I got it just to be able to watch games I otherwise wouldn't be able to..  My daughter's friend plays basketball for Toledo..

CBS has UEFA rights. I watch a ton of soccer on ESPN+ like Bundesliga, EFL, Serie A and USL for my local Phoenix team. I see all the ACC basketball games I generally care to. :shrug:
I think this is it right now:

• NBCSN, Peacock:  English Premier League
  • BEIN:  Spanish La Liga, French Lique 1
  • CBS/Paramount+:  UEFA Champion's League, UEFA Europa League, Brazilian Serie A, Argentine Primera Division
  • ESPN+:  German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, MLS, English FA Cup, English Championship

Thoughts?   
My thoughts are you should gamble on low major college basketball. 

Only way to get the UFC PPV so I'm kind of forced into it. I've tried finding the streams but it's a such crapshoot to get a quality reliable stream.

I'm shocked anyone would give a penny to espn. They should be embarrased for charging anything when no one even watches the free crap.

I have man love for ESPN+. I have a stupid three hour Zoom meeting tomorrow. Luckily Zebre Rugby Club vs. Leinster is on at the same time. I don't even know anything about rugby. But anything is better than this meeting. Something to watch on my phone, you know.

Plus I can wager on it!  Zebre is a 24 point dog. (is that a lot?)   Also my family members begged me to subscribe to both Disney and Hulu, so in reality it is costing me nothing. 

Thoughts?   
I get my money's worth out of it. Champions League and Europa League TV Rights are owned by CBS/Paramount+ so those matches are on a totally different streaming service similar to how England Preimership league is Peacock/NBC. I got it for the soccer I watch most Serie A as well now as the German league plus Dutch league. I thought they'd put way more FREE UFC stuff on there but a lot of it now is weekly PPVs that cost almost $70 per stream. Instead of being disappointed it sounds like you didn't research enough what you were getting and just made assumptions. 

I feel I get my money's worth by getting access to local mid-major college basketball teams that I follow, a handful of my alma mater's college football games that would otherwise not be televised, NFL Primetime, and an occasional boxing undercard.  Not thrilled about the extra monthly charge, but I can stomach it.
I like it for the lower College stuff. I get to watch some Villanova occasional and Del football and get to watch most of NDST on there which is cool. I got it mostly for the soccer access they got because I follow Italian Serie A. Wasn't gonna get it if they went else where. Now they got the German league Rights and Dutch so plenty of soccer plus some International matches. I Also got it as I thought they'd have more free UFC stuff then they have had 

Some fair answers in here. I’lol have to check closer on the weekend, but during the week I’m not seeing much. 
During the week it's rare to have a lot but right now with condensed match schedule you can catch a Serie A Match on M-W-F sometimes Tuesday. During international break you can catch friendlies or qualifiers on there during the week. It's great for me on weekends at work as I don't miss a ton of the game as I work weekends. I don't have to come home and rewatch it. I don't have a DVR and yrs ago I was forced to find illegal streams or I was SOL if I had work. I would take off work just to find matches. Was about to join a local group who follows the club I like who go to a little cafe in Center City Philly for matches till ESPN acquired the rights. Might still join the group once the pandemic is over. 

Only way to get the UFC PPV so I'm kind of forced into it. I've tried finding the streams but it's a such crapshoot to get a quality reliable stream.
Yeah I can't justify paying $70 for it or whatever for most of the cards especially when I'm not a huge fan. So any fights I wan to see I just find a stream and hope the thing doesn't crap out on me during the fight 

Users who are viewing this thread