What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CPAC Conference (1 Viewer)

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/540736-cpac-officials-booed-after-asking-attendees-to

Officials are booed when they ask people to wear masks.

Ted Cruz is cheered for mocking masks and mocking AOC's reaction to January 6th in his speech.

Seven different committees devoted to discussing how the election was stolen, more than for any other subject.

Golden statue of Donald Trump.

Today's Republican Party?
Oh, good, they have their golden calf. 

thats a big YIKES for mr Cruz.
Mr Cruz had his high point about 5 years ago. Megan Kelly of Fox News interviewed him right after Trump insulted the looks of his wife. Good interview complete with his young girls, really nice moment. Not sure if he ever figured out a path from there.

thats a big YIKES for mr Cruz.
Mr Cruz had his high point about 5 years ago. Megan Kelly of Fox News interviewed him right after Trump insulted the looks of his wife. Good interview complete with his young girls, really nice moment. Not sure if he ever figured out a path from there.
I can't imagine how emasculating it must have felt to go on national TV to do a softball interview to establish well-earned status as a victim of Trump's slander.......only to have his own "tribe" turn on him and basically tell him "You'll get nothing and like it."

Interesting that Wallace screams this after he gets his balls cut off. 
Hmmm...

Oh, good, they have their golden calf. 
I don't see Moses coming anytime soon to rescue them and condemning them for their idolatry.

According to the biblical narrative the first set of tablets, inscribed by the finger of God, (Exodus 31:18) were smashed by Moses when he was enraged by the sight of the Children of Israel worshipping a golden calf (Exodus 32:19) and the second were later chiseled out by Moses and rewritten by God (Exodus 34:1).

I don't see Moses coming anytime soon to rescue them and condemning them for their idolatry.

According to the biblical narrative the first set of tablets, inscribed by the finger of God, (Exodus 31:18) were smashed by Moses when he was enraged by the sight of the Children of Israel worshipping a golden calf (Exodus 32:19) and the second were later chiseled out by Moses and rewritten by God (Exodus 34:1).
The calf statue was also burned, ground to powder, thrown into water, and the people who worshipped it were forced to drink the water.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/540736-cpac-officials-booed-after-asking-attendees-to

Officials are booed when they ask people to wear masks.

Ted Cruz is cheered for mocking masks and mocking AOC's reaction to January 6th in his speech.

Seven different committees devoted to discussing how the election was stolen, more than for any other subject.

Golden statue of Donald Trump.

Today's Republican Party?
Is that what you are reduced to?   Mockery?

Is that what you are reduced to?   Mockery?
Sound like he described what they talked about. I mean, I’ll reduce to mockery- the whole thing is a joke. Ted Cruz doing his Howard dean impression minus a “beeeeyaaaaawww.” Kim Guilifoyle was somewhat reserved rather than screaming into the mic. Don Jr calling it TPAC. They’ve made the entire party about Trump, and they aren’t bashful about it. 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2021/2/26/22302887/trump-cpac-2021-republican-gold-statue

"In the Bible, the Golden Calf story ends with a furious Moses destroying the idol — dumping its ashes into water and forcing the Israelites to drink it as punishment. In theory, the voters in 2020 could have been the party’s Moses, the loss of the White House and the Senate their bitter ashwater.

And yet, here they are, still building idols of a false god."
The Israelites had the same problem, until God finally allowed the Babylonians to sack Jerusalem and destroy the Temple. I can see that the CPAC have clearly forgotten their history.

And once again this comes to mind Feb 4, 2021 — “Politics isn't about the weird worship of one dude,”Sen  Sasse said. “ 
I saw a few Twitter reactions to the statue this morning, one of which read something like “the book many of the CPAC members claim to read discourages making golden statues.”

Sound like he described what they talked about. I mean, I’ll reduce to mockery- the whole thing is a joke. Ted Cruz doing his Howard dean impression minus a “beeeeyaaaaawww.” Kim Guilifoyle was somewhat reserved rather than screaming into the mic. Don Jr calling it TPAC. They’ve made the entire party about Trump, and they aren’t bashful about it. 
I find it embarassing.  I'm a political free agent these days.

Why was the statue of Childish Trumpino wearing Birkenstocks?  That guy wouldn't be caught dead in hippie sandals....

So much questions.
Maybe because he is trying to live at a seasonal resort in Florida? The summer sun here is far too strong for him, to quote Col. Potter of MASH, “That Sun will rip the hide right off you.”

Why was the statue of Childish Trumpino wearing Birkenstocks?  That guy wouldn't be caught dead in hippie sandals....

So much questions.
I thought they were just cheapo thong flip flops. 

He had the US flag short pants too. 

From the waist down, he was like every dude on Duval St. in Key West. 

Tim has been around for a while...has he started a thread anytime a politician grabs a microphone?  This is a major event for the party...its not just some small thing.
Tim starts more threads than anyone easily lmao

Anyhow, you win. Bye now

I don't think you're allowed to have gold idols in short pants at just any event where anyone is allowed to grab a mic.

So while this conference is going on, the Republicans in the Senate are unanimously, without exceptions, opposing the COVID stimulus package that 75% of the public supports. Earlier they explained they were against it because of minimum wage, but that’s been removed, and they’re still against it. It will pass, but without a single Republican vote. 

It’s like they’re committing suicide as a party in real time. 

That conference is like something you’d see on a Netflix documentary about cults.  So weird.  And the statue?  Come on!  

So while this conference is going on, the Republicans in the Senate are unanimously, without exceptions, opposing the COVID stimulus package that 75% of the public supports. Earlier they explained they were against it because of minimum wage, but that’s been removed, and they’re still against it. It will pass, but without a single Republican vote. 

They appear to be truly at a breaking point.  Some clinging to the past and a party they don't want - except their vote.  And some trying to move forward and reestablishing true republican values.

unfortunately, while everyone here would know exactly how to amplify this, the democrats will #### it up.  this should be advertised everywhere all the way up to the midterms.  I won't hold my breath that it will be leveraged.

Users who are viewing this thread