Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, tonydead said:

30 minutes until Father Trump takes the stage.  Watch live:

live.conservative.org 

Looks like the website is getting over flooded with requests. If you get a stream going dont pause or stop it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty much.  Bad policies, inability to govern, and general craziness for the cherry on top.

I think trying to shame people into posting less by suggesting that they are neglecting their families is really poor form. And the fact that this criticism is leveled almost exclusively in the PSF, a

Yeah, just saw some of this. Easy to dismiss as a gathering of the unfit to govern. If that's the modern Republican Party, no thank you and twice on Sunday. Next one up.

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

So you are watching then?  Good, worse are the guys just here to complain for complaints sake. 

I’m just here still trying to figure out why people still support this man despite mountains of evidence showing that the only thing he cares about is himself. Well, that and it’s funny to me watching a bully whine about unfair treatment.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

The chairman of this year’s CPAC just referred to Trump as “the true, legitimate President of the United States”. 

Well in that case it's going to be kinda hard to "move on".

Edited by Leroy Hoard
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I’m just here still trying to figure out why people still support this man despite mountains of evidence showing that the only thing he cares about is himself. Well, that and it’s funny to me watching a bully whine about unfair treatment.

Seems like a weird hobby to have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Seems like a weird hobby to have. 

Well, the Lightning aren’t playing today, I just got done pressure washing my driveway, and I’m also learning Irish, to expand my mind a little(insert appropriate joke here). I mean, we can talk about baseball, but that’s even duller than this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s also really lame because they only do it when they have no other way to respond to the post in question. 

And they refuse to lay such criticism to "their own" or to the growing group of posters who spend their time here making personal remarks towards the posters, rather than discussing the posts themselves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And they refuse to lay such criticism to "their own" or to the growing group of posters who spend their time here making personal remarks towards the posters, rather than discussing the posts themselves.

Please keep your posts on topic and not other posters.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FairWarning said:

Do you think CNN and the others are not going to cover his first public appearance since leaving office?  You're not going  to watch it, neither will I.  Something tells me plenty will though.  I doubt he comes up with anything new or unifyng either.  

It will be the exact opposite.   He will attack those that have gone against him.  Because he is a sad, pathetic man.  Oh, he’ll also lie.  A lot. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

The owner of the damn site came in here once and literally begged people to log off and go outside and do something 

THATS telling imo

Somehow, I doubt that was cross posted in The Shark Pool, but I could have missed it. :coffee:

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I’m not the one addicted here. 

Ask yourself when was the last time you went a day or two without posting about Donald Trump on the internet

And please don’t reply to this post, there’s no need

37 minutes ago, tonydead said:

 

A dig?  Oh nose.  Count the number of digs taken just because of who they support for president.  

Everyday in here for years 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I’m not the one addicted here. It’s not my convention. It’s not my party that overwhelmingly supports the guy. I’m merely a bystander watching somebody else’s addiction with fascination, horror, and bewilderment. 

Say what now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, zoonation said:

  He will attack those that have gone against him.  Because he is a sad, pathetic man.  Oh, he’ll also lie.  A lot. 

Tell us something we all don't already know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I’m just here still trying to figure out why people still support this man despite mountains of evidence showing that the only thing he cares about is himself. Well, that and it’s funny to me watching a bully whine about unfair treatment.

According to some here he is their father.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

According to some here he is their father.  

I mean, if some people are into that sort of thing, that’s their business. If they need a rich father figure to look up to, I can think of about a half dozen that would be better.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

CPAC straw poll results. 

Most important issue plaguing the country today - election security. 

95% want to stay on Trumps agenda. 

70%  want Trump as candidate. Ron DeSantis #2. Kristy Neom #3

Edited by tonydead
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tonydead said:

CPAC straw poll results. 

Most important issue pleaging the country today - election security. 

95% want to stay on Trumps agenda. 

70%  want Trump as candidate. Ron DeSantis #2. Kristy Neom #3

Ted didn’t crack the top three?

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

CPAC straw poll results. 

Most important issue plaguing the country today - election security. 

95% want to stay on Trumps agenda. 

70%  want Trump as candidate. Ron DeSantis #2. Kristy Neom #3

Do you find any of this slightly troublesome? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timschochet said:

It is not. I think Republicans are cheerfully committing hara kiri here in real time. I’d love to laugh about it but it’s actually quite disturbing. 

Perhaps I should have used the word "sarcasm", but when you use it in multiple posts, it becomes schtick.  And it's great.  Some of your funniest stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Do you find any of this slightly troublesome? 

Certainly not the agenda part. And I like the top 3 candidates. :thumbup:

Republicans have options. Much deeper bench than the Dems who had to settle for Biden. 

Edited by tonydead
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kal El said:

That might be the funniest thing I’ve heard today, or it would be if it wasn’t so incredibly wrong, disturbing, and so opposite of reality.

Is that any funnier than the previous 4 years of "HE'S NOT MY PRESIDENT!".   Seems to me that in either case you're not accepting the results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Certainly not the agenda part. And I like the top 3 candidates. :thumbup:

OK then. I guess 2020 wasn’t enough of a crushing defeat for you. It’s going to get a lot worse. Maybe by 2024 you and others will reconsider and help return the conservative movement back to its non-nativist, non-Trumpian roots. If not it’s going to be a long decade for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

OK then. I guess 2020 wasn’t enough of a crushing defeat for you. It’s going to get a lot worse. Maybe by 2024 you and others will reconsider and help return the conservative movement back to its non-nativist, non-Trumpian roots. If not it’s going to be a long decade for you. 

Coming from you this opinion is practically worthless. But thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, timschochet said:

Last reported, Dr. Fauci had a 72% approval rating: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/11/02/2020-election-polls-voters-approve-more-of-fauci-than-trump-on-coronavirus.html

So these attacks should really help the conservative movement get back on its feet. 

See? Repeated use of sarcasm....it's your schtick in here and it's hilarious. 

 

Also possible I've posted here 20 years and don't understand the meaning of "schtick". 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2/3rds of Republicans say that whites are discriminated against more than blacks are. 
3/5ths of Republicans say that immigration is threatening the stability of America. 
a majority of Republicans believe that the “American way of life” is being threatened and force might have to be used to protect it. 

Nativist, nationalist, xenophobic, fear of non-white minorities, pro-authoritarian: this is the majority of the Republican Party that now exists. It’s not likely to win a lot of national contests, but it’s pretty dangerous nonetheless. 

  • Like 6
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Is that any funnier than the previous 4 years of "HE'S NOT MY PRESIDENT!".   Seems to me that in either case you're not accepting the results.

That is accurate, and for what it’s worth, I gave Trump the chance to earn my vote for 2020. No matter who is president, I want them to do the right thing, because rooting for them to fail is like rooting for the iceberg vs the Titanic.

 Of course, then came the first impeachment, leaving the Kurds to the mercy of the Turks partway through that, followed right by nearly starting a war with Iran while still being impeached, and then the utter disaster of what can’t even be called a response to the worst pandemic anyone under the age of 103 has ever experienced. The American people felt much the same way, since Biden won by over 7 million votes, and now we hear the “not my president” from the GOP now. Sounds incredibly hypocritical to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timschochet said:

2/3rds of Republicans say that whites are discriminated against more than blacks are. 
3/5ths of Republicans say that immigration is threatening the stability of America. 
a majority of Republicans believe that the “American way of life” is being threatened and force might have to be used to protect it. 

Nativist, nationalist, xenophobic, fear of non-white minorities, pro-authoritarian: this is the majority of the Republican Party that now exists. It’s not likely to win a lot of national contests, but it’s pretty dangerous nonetheless. 

Did you see the black guns matter panel about going out and getting the black vote?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Black guns matter? 😆 

Is this a real convention or an SNL sketch? 

Please be more informed if you're going to make comments about the convention. It doesnt even appear you're watching. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 12:36 PM, timschochet said:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/540736-cpac-officials-booed-after-asking-attendees-to

Officials are booed when they ask people to wear masks.

Ted Cruz is cheered for mocking masks and mocking AOC's reaction to January 6th in his speech.

Seven different committees devoted to discussing how the election was stolen, more than for any other subject.

Golden statue of Donald Trump.

 

Today's Republican Party?

 

Oh I get it now. This thread isnt about the CPAC conference. It's about trolling conservatives.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine thinking you have a “deep bench” when the number one guy lost you the executive and legislative branches of government, lost the popular vote by 7 million and you want to run him again.  

Oh, and the second guy is Ron DeSantis.  Lmao.  

  • Laughing 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shane Goldmacher @ShaneGoldmacher

The CPAC straw poll without Trump:

DeSantis 43

Noem 11

Trump Jr. 8

Pompeo 7

Cruz 7

Haley 3

Hawley 3

Ivanka 3

Rand: 2

Pence 1

 

Poor Mike Pence, 1% is all he has to show after almost five years of putting his reputation and life at risk for Trump. :(

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Imagine thinking you have a “deep bench” when the number one guy lost you the executive and legislative branches of government, lost the popular vote by 7 million and you want to run him again.  

Oh, and the second guy is Ron DeSantis.  Lmao.  

That is not an encouraging sign for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...