Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

CPAC Conference

Just now, timschochet said:

In truth he does deserve some credit for speeding up the process. It’s one thing that during the pandemic I give him credit for. Many lives have been saved because of this. 

Tim, I believe you're rewarding Trump for competent behavior.  Do you honestly believe in a pandemic situation, it would have taken any other president of the past 50 years any longer to get a vaccine approved.  Pfizer had the current version of the Vaccine made in January of 2020.  It was just going through the trials that took time.  Any competent person would have sped the process up.

It really shows how bad an employee is when he is rewarded for competent behavior.

• Like 2

Just now, Chaz McNulty said:

Tim, I believe you're rewarding Trump for competent behavior.  Do you honestly believe in a pandemic situation, it would have taken any other president of the past 50 years any longer to get a vaccine approved.  Pfizer had the current version of the Vaccine made in January of 2020.  It was just going through the trials that took time.  Any competent person would have sped the process up.

It really shows how bad an employee is when he is rewarded for competent behavior.

I don’t disagree. Still, he did speed things up. 

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

Greatest threat of the Republican party is the threat of not having free, fare and honest elections.  Need election reform immediately.  

Truth. 

Technically he’s right, but he’s the example of who would win if we didn’t have free, fair, and honest elections.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Greatest threat of the Republican party is the threat of not having free, fare and honest elections.  Need election reform immediately.  

Truth. 

I agree.  The GOP will do everything it can to ramp up voter suppression, making elections less free, fair and honest.  

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

After declaring a Republican control of both the house and Senate in 2022, and a return to the whitehouse for a Republican president in 2024, Trump stopped short of announcing his candidacy saying, "I wonder who that will be." 

26 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Steps to ensure honest and fair elections. 

1- one election day. 

2 - vote by mail for only legitimate reasons 

3 - voter ID

4 - universal signature matching 

5 - verify citizenship for all votes

6 - chain of custody

:yes:

Would a pandemic be a legitimate reason to vote by mail? 

Do you think the election was stolen? Is anyone surprised he hasn’t said “fight” at all in this speech, compared to the multiple times on the 6th? Anyone surprised he didn’t mention dominion in his election stealing rant?

I did have a real, non-morbid laugh when he hugged the flag, for old times sake.  

I keep seeing these arguments about where the GOP is headed, their plan, etc. I'm not sure anyone in that party has a plan that revolves around policy.

They're just TV evangelists at this point.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, tonydead said:

After declaring a Republican control of both the house and Senate in 2022, and a return to the whitehouse for a Republican president in 2024, Trump stopped short of announcing his candidacy saying, "I wonder who that will be." 

I have to admit that I misread you td.  I used to think most of your postings were just schtick in an attempt to troll Democrats.  But I think you are a huge Trump fan and a very enthusiastic one at that.  👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roy L Fewks said:

He's got the 2024 nomination wrapped up if he wants it. Whether he can win will largely be based on what happens to the economy in the next 4 years, IMO.

Nope. The economy could completely go to hell and he still wouldn’t win. But I don’t think we’ll ever know because my guess is that he (a) won’t run (b) won’t announce that he won’t run until midway through 2023 because there’s more money to be made the longer he waivers about it.  

All Trump accomplished today was to further shrink the size of the Republican Party. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

His face definitely looked less orange.  He switched brands.

I was chatting with some skin care ladies from Bloomingdales one night at a bar, and they riffed for 30 minutes on which bronzer they thought he used, and which one they would recommend. It was a hilarious conversation. 

I asked them, are you suuure he uses a bronzer, and they looked at me like I was a flat earther. 🍊

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:
10 minutes ago, Roy L Fewks said:

He's got the 2024 nomination wrapped up if he wants it. Whether he can win will largely be based on what happens to the economy in the next 4 years, IMO.

Nope. The economy could completely go to hell and he still wouldn’t win.

If Uncle Joe runs the economy into the ground, Republicans could nominate a Ham Sandwich and win in a landslide. All the stuff about insurrections and impeachments will be completely forgotten. It's all about the economy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Roy L Fewks said:

If Uncle Joe runs the economy into the ground, Republicans could nominate a Ham Sandwich and win in a landslide. All the stuff about insurrections and impeachments will be completely forgotten. It's all about the economy.

The economy could completely implode to the point we’re back to bartering for goods and services, and I would still never vote for any of these GOP candidates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Did he say Mexico is going to pay for the wall?

He's going to build the wall, lock up Hillary, repeal and replace Obamacare all on his first day back in office in '24, and Mexico will pay for all of it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, joffer said:

pure fundraising

He said the ONLY way to contribute to electing America First Republicans is by contributing to his PAC. 

That is a problem that will become a much bigger story down the road. 

Going to be some down ballot candidates that won't get normal funds they can expect from the GOP mothership because of this.  

11 minutes ago, Kal El said:
13 minutes ago, Roy L Fewks said:

The economy could completely implode to the point we’re back to bartering for goods and services, and I would still never vote for any of these GOP candidates.

People like you are a rarity, IMO. Most of the Republicans who are currently angry with the "Trump Wing" will eventually transfer their anger to Biden if he wrecks the economy.