What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Scoobus is Champion!) (5 Viewers)

I can be your 16th team to round it out. I was kinda waiting in case any of the drafters were on my ignore list... 😜
Awesome - you’re in. 

I was also keeping an eye out for anyone on my ignore list to reply here, but no such luck. 

I need two volunteers to help me randomly determine the draft order. First two to reply are my official helpers and will draw the ire of whomever doesn’t like their draft spot. 

Ok, here’s how we’re setting the draft order:

@Jayrod please list these drafters in any random order and send me a PM with that order (so Mr CIA doesn’t see them here)

Yo Mama

Scoobus

Jayrod

Ilov80s

Doug B

Wikkidpissah

Modogg

Instinctive

Frosty

Kev4029

Mister CIA

Gally

Higgins

Trader Jake

Timschochet

EYLive

@Mister CIA please PM me the numbers 1-16 in random order. 

I’ll combine the two lists (and share the separate lists here for transparency), and that will be our draft order. 

Easy peasy. 

Ok, here’s how we’re setting the draft order:

@Jayrod please list these drafters in any random order and send me a PM with that order (so Mr CIA doesn’t see them here)

Yo Mama

Scoobus

Jayrod

Ilov80s

Doug B

Wikkidpissah

Modogg

Instinctive

Frosty

Kev4029

Mister CIA

Gally

Higgins

Trader Jake

Timschochet

EYLive

@Mister CIA please PM me the numbers 1-16 in random order. 

I’ll combine the two lists (and share the separate lists here for transparency), and that will be our draft order. 

Easy peasy. 
My part is done.

Dinner was good, my volunteers were not.

Names from @Jayrod (NOT DRAFT ORDER):

Instinctive 

Higgins 

Doug B 

Wikkidpissah 

Modogg 

Frosty 

Yo Mama 

Timschochet 

EYLive 

Mister CIA 

Gally 

Scoobus 

Jayrod 

Ilov80s 

Kev4029 

Trader Jake

I'm going to work on setting up the spreadsheet tonight and then we can start drafting whenever tomorrow.

We'll go with no clock for the first round to make sure everyone is ready and then can figure out when we start the clock after that (it will be off for the weekend).

I'm going to work on setting up the spreadsheet tonight and then we can start drafting whenever tomorrow.

We'll go with no clock for the first round to make sure everyone is ready and then can figure out when we start the clock after that (it will be off for the weekend).
awesome. i am pretty sure i know what my 1st pick will be, but now i am a tad nervous about it. Lot of pressure, looking forward to it

I'm thinking swapping draft slots should be just fine. It's up to Yo Mama if he wants to deal with the headache of in draft trades. 

But she should. Let's get nuts. 

I'm thinking swapping draft slots should be just fine. It's up to Yo Mama if he wants to deal with the headache of in draft trades. 

But she should. Let's get nuts. 
Yeah swapping draft slots is fine before we start drafting.  No trading of draft picks or players after the draft starts.

Anyone in the top 6 interested in dropping down to the 16 spot?

i might be little busy at work, so i can make the #1 pick tonight. So many great players to choose from, it can be tough to pick. But, i think i will just go the simplest way right now and take the GOAT:

1. - Michael Jordan

i'm guessing i will see you guys in 2 weeks when this finally wraps back around to 32. good idea to run during this all star break i think

i might be little busy at work, so i can make the #1 pick tonight. So many great players to choose from, it can be tough to pick. But, i think i will just go the simplest way right now and take the GOAT:

1. - Michael Jordan

i'm guessing i will see you guys in 2 weeks when this finally wraps back around to 32. good idea to run during this all star break i think
Reach.

Of course not. #1 and #2 should be no-brainers. 
whew good. 

So when we draft, are we looking for best players, or are we thinking of the best team with the 5 guys in the decade? I still went Jordan because he can do it all, so i don't see how he couldn't fit on any team. 

But you can't take 5 big men who play in the post as a team right?

man i hope not. I mean he is def the best of all time, but i was tempted to pick elsewhere as there were quite a few good players in the 80's
Wouldn't he be better placed in the 90s?  He won a few championships in that decade I think.

I updated the first 3 posts:

1 - draft order, clock info, and it's where I'll link to the spreadsheet

2 - draft rules

3 - judging info

Clock will be 1 hour from 7am Pacific to 5pm Pacific (West Coast Bias), starting Monday 3/8.  Clock will be off on weekends, but it's nice if you can check in from time to time if you're close.  Please @ the next person in line when you're done picking.

Please list the decade and position you plan on using for your player so we can update the spreadsheet accordingly.  You can always change it later if you want(for those who qualify for more that one decade/position).

Users who are viewing this thread