What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Scoobus is Champion!) (1 Viewer)

As the reigning FFA sports draft champion I will be happy to judge a category or two (don't presently have the time available to put into being a drafter). 

I move that we close the draft participants at 16 drafters.  Nobody needs to be worried about whether they should draft Vinny Del Negro to their All-time team.

Fun fact for the day:  I just discovered that there were 2 different Eddie Johnsons that played in the 80's.

Placeholder

Who’s In (not draft order)

1 - Yo Mama

2 - Scoobus

3 - Jayrod

4 - Ilov80s

5 - Doug B

6 - Wikkidpissah

7 - Modogg

8 - Instinctive

9 - Frosty

10 - Kev4029

11 - Mister CIA

12 - Gally

13 - Higgins
13 in, 3 more to fill!

The Bumpty Dance is my chance to give a bump. 

Only 3 spots left!
Bump it up homeboy, just like that. 

We’ll move forward to set the draft order in the next couple days. We’ll start the draft clock Monday, but can start drafting sooner once the order is set. 

Is anyone good with setting up google spreadsheets?

Here’s the plan. If we get a 16th we’ll set the draft order. If nobody else jumps in tomorrow we’ll stick with 15 teams and set the draft order Thursday. 

Im thinking we start drafting with no clock at first and then move to a one hour clock on Monday. 

Taking a vote. We’ll have either 15 or 16 teams. 

Two options for the size of the decade teams:

A - 5 players per decade - 30 rounds total

B - 6 players per decade (1 bench) - 36 rounds total

All-time / Pantheon team will stay at 8 players (5 starters, 3 bench) either way. 

I figure either a 3-4 man bench or no bench ... not keen on just drafting sixth men. Plus we’re apparently having a Pantheon team with a bench ... so that scratches the team-construction itch.

I vote for option A.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pantheon team is based on all the players you have from your pool of decades, as opposed to like a second separate draft, right? Sorry to be an idiot here.

A.

I like the idea of a 6th man, but we're gonna be 450+ deep in without it and we'd be looking at the likes of JR Reid otherwise.

In like Flynn.

@BobbyLayne, you gotta come and defend your 2010 title :D  
this is about basketball, right?

don't really follow the league anymore. my sports interests these days is limited to the NFL, major championships in golf & tennis, an occasional F1 race. every Detroit team is a cellar dweller, I really can't get into any of them except football.

should be a fun draft, though, will lurk from afar. 

Pantheon team is based on all the players you have from your pool of decades, as opposed to like a second separate draft, right? Sorry to be an idiot here.
Correct (like scoobus said). 

You’ll take 8 players from the 30 you draft for the decades teams to make an All-Time - Pantheon team. It counts triple in the scoring, so it makes sense to think about your pantheon team when drafting. Taking centers with your first six picks won’t help your pantheon team too much (unless you want to start them all together). 

You’ll take 8 players from the 30 you draft for the decades teams to make an All-Time - Pantheon team. It counts triple in the scoring, so it makes sense to think about your pantheon team when drafting. Taking centers with your first six picks won’t help your pantheon team too much (unless you want to start them all together). 
i'm picking 7 centers and Billy Squier

PG: Hubert Davis (6-5)

SG: Michael Finley (6-7)

SF: Dirk Nowitzki (7-0)

PF: Chris Anstey (7-0)

C  : Shawn Bradley (7-6)

#letsgoMavs

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread