Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Scoobus is Champion!)

After sacrificing for my other positions I missed the run of PGs in round 3.  But now I need a floor general to make this band of studs and willing teammates work like a fine tuned machine.

I value defense a lot, but recognize that if you can't score, you can't win.  My paint area is already full, so distance shooting is at a premium.  Someone who is a leader, a willing passer and a great outside shooter will fit nicely....

5.04 - Damian Lillard - PG 10's

Dame Time is the guy to lead us home.  Unlimited range, good passing and great leadership are his top attributes.  He will get the offense set up and keep the defense honest with great outside shooting.  After his career is over, he will be firmly above the #12 PG spot where I'm drafting him now.  5 time All-NBA teamer and a 6 time All-star and counting, plus was ROY in 2013.

PG - Lillard

SG - Wade

SF - Pierce

PF - Anteaternintendo

C - Kareem

I'm shocked at my recency bias, but feel like some guys jumped on the old-timers too quick and left some great value.  I really like this team.

Edited by Jayrod
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Are we allowed to trade later because I am really tempted to draft based on value even if it won't help my team long term.

No trades. That doesn’t mean you can’t draft for value. The decades teams still count for a decent amount of the score. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

I don't know, I'm still mulling over my response to his post, "Maybe my wife was right all along."

It was supposed to be a joke about me doing things prematurely.

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Jayrod said:

After sacrificing for my other positions I missed the run of PGs in round 3.  But now I need a floor general to make this band of studs and willing teammates work like a fine tuned machine.

I value defense a lot, but recognize that if you can't score, you can't win.  My paint area is already full, so distance shooting is at a premium.  Someone who is a leader, a willing passer and a great outside shooter will fit nicely....

5.04 - Damian Lillard - PG 10's

Dame Time is the guy to lead us home.  Unlimited range, good passing and great leadership are his top attributes.  He will get the offense set up and keep the defense honest with great outside shooting.  After his career is over, he will be firmly above the #12 PG spot where I'm drafting him now.  5 time All-NBA teamer and a 6 time All-star and counting, plus was ROY in 2013.

PG - Lillard

SG - Wade

SF - Pierce

PF - GIannis

C - Kareem

I'm shocked at my recency bias, but feel like some guys jumped on the old-timers too quick and left some great value.  I really like this team.

considered him. know he has been good, but didn't realize how good. 

i do know a guy i can draft who can cover him defensively though......:tinfoilhat:

1 minute ago, Yo Mama said:

I told you to pick before him

I tried to do that when it was rightfully my turn and he was still too fast lol 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

I tried to do that when it was rightfully my turn and he was still too fast lol 

Well I don't want to be accused of holding things up.  That's frowned upon around here, you know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gally said:

I don't think trades should be allowed because Yo Mama already said at the beginning that no trades are allowed.  It wouldn't be right to change it partvway through.

Zactly - there’s no back talking Yo Mama.

You have to learn to live with your crappy decisions. 

5 minutes ago, Gally said:

I don't think trades should be allowed because Yo Mama already said at the beginning that no trades are allowed.  It wouldn't be right to change it partvway through.

That is the exact kind of genius research I appreciate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Instinctive said:

I see frosty and EY here too so we might make the turn tonight 

I wasn’t expecting to pick tonight and I’m a bit high right now, so that would be interesting. 

• Like 2

OK I see modern guys are being overrated so I am getting a value here. He can be the star of my >2010 team. Love the defense and tenacity. He is a perfect fit with Zeke and Russ. A throwback player. 

C Bill Rusell

PF Bob Pettit 

SF Dominique Wilkins

RD 5.5 SG Jimmy Butler 

PG Isiah Thomas 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

OK I see modern guys are being overrated so I am getting a value here. He can be the star of my >2010 team. Love the defense and tenacity. He is a perfect fit with Zeke and Russ. A throwback player. 

C Bill Rusell

PF Bob Petit 

SF Dominique Wilkins

RD 5.5 SG Jimmy Butler 

PG Isiah Thomas 

I have his stat sheet up on a tab - so much for that...

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

I have a vision for my pantheon team and I found a couple players that would fit in perfectly. But it's too early for them. So instead I'll choose an absolute monster.

5.6 C Willis Reed, 60s

7x All Star, 5x All-NBA, 1x All-Defense, MVP, and Finals MVP. 

18.7ppg and 12.9rpg with a peak of 21.1ppg and 14.0rpg for five seasons. 

My 60s team now has Bob Cousy and Willis Reed running pick and rolls.  Make your time. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

C Bill Rusell

PF Bob Petit 

SF Dominique Wilkins

RD 5.5 SG Jimmy Butler 

PG Isiah Thomas 

Dont' like this team. Not enough shooting imo. 

Just now, Frostillicus said:

I have a vision for my pantheon team and I found a couple players that would fit in perfectly. But it's too early for them. So instead I'll choose an absolute monster.

5.6 C Willis Reed, 60s

7x All Star, 5x All-NBA, 1x All-Defense, MVP, and Finals MVP. 

18.7ppg and 12.9rpg with a peak of 21.1ppg and 14.0rpg for five seasons. 

My 60s team now has Bob Cousy and Willis Reed running pick and rolls.  Make your time. 

I like this pick a lot because the player I'm targeting is still unclaimed.

10 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

Dont' like this team. Not enough shooting imo. 

Yeah that was what Dame was for.....though I am not drafting for a singular team. We have to make teams for every decade. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

C Bill Rusell

PF Bob Petit 

SF Dominique Wilkins

RD 5.5 SG Jimmy Butler 

PG Isiah Thomas 

he's taking the 2nd stringers are battling the starters 5th practice of the season. 0 points for chemistry (was hoping he would end up on a team with Rodman)

1 minute ago, modogg said:

he's taking the 2nd stringers are battling the starters 5th practice of the season. 0 points for chemistry (was hoping he would end up on a team with Rodman)

Jimmy Butler and 4 undrafted players wins the Pantheon championship

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, modogg said:

Why don't you think he would have chemistry with Bill Russell? 

• Thinking 1

• Yo Mama changed the title to ***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Scoobus is Champion!)