What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Scoobus is Champion!) (3 Viewers)

Ilov00s

For those last minute voters, my team plays well together but it's obviously lacking stars.

PG- Henrich is a great defender, solid distributor and 38% 3 point shooter with good size for the position

SG- Raja Bell is another defensive stalwart and a crack 41% 3 point shooter

SF- Stackhouse  There is my super athletic wing scorer

PF- Kenyon Martin provides tough defense, tenacious attitude, strong rebounding and is very athletic around the rim 

C- Okur was a pretty smooth scorer with a nice post game, mid range game, 38% 3 point shooter as well so he could do the stretch 5 thing 

This team will play quality basketball. 

2000s Rankings

Judging

I took all the rankings provided to me (11 total judges) and averaged all the scores for an overall ranking.  Ties will be broken based on which team had the most judges ranking it higher (we had no ties this time).  

We had some stacked teams at the top, some not-so-stacked teams at the bottom, and a big group in the middle of our standings.

On to the rankings. . .

2000s Rankings, continued

AND1 MIXTAPE TOUR DIVISION

The And1 Mixtape Tour started in the late 90s and carried into the 2000s.  It was a traveling group of legendary streetballers showing off their crazy skills and challenging local teams across the country (and even internationally for a bit).  Featuring supreme flash, extreme iso-ball, little regard for the rules of basketball, and unlimited potential without actual success at the NBA level (with very limited exceptions), this tour was a cultural phenomenon that actually inspired an awesome Chappelle’s Show sketch.

The team in this tier likewise flaunted the rules of the game and created a team of off-court legends with little success in the NBA.

16th place - 1 points

Wikkidpissah  - Sebastian Telfair, Jonny Flynn, Adam Morrison, Darko Milicic, Greg Oden

Average Score: 1.18   Best: 3   Worst: 1

16th place - 1 points

Wikkidpissah  - Sebastian Telfair, Jonny Flynn, Adam Morrison, Darko Milicic, Greg Oden

Average Score: 1.18   Best: 3   Worst: 1
Hahahahaha. 

Edit: laugh reason unclear - but the fact that there was at least one 3 rating is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS DIVISION

When the Charlotte Hornets moved to New Orleans in 2002 (more on that to come), another expansion team took it’s place in Charlotte.  The Bobcats came into being in 2004 with a boring franchise name, using a boring color scheme and uniform combo, and featuring boring players (drafting mostly boring upperclassmen from college rather than higher upside talent).  The Bobcats had a measly .431 winning % for the decade and never made the playoffs or even had a winning record during the decade.

The teams in this tier . . . are also . . . yaaaawwwwnnnn.

15th place - 2 points

Ilov80s  - Kirk Hinrich, Raja Bell, Jerry Stackhouse, Kenyon Martin, Mehmet Okur

Average Score: 2.73   Best: 8   Worst: 1

14th place - 3 points

Higgins  - Larry Hughes, Corey Maggette, Richard Jefferson, Zach Randolph, Theo Ratliff

Average Score: 3.73   Best: 8   Worst: 2

Hahahahaha. 

Edit: laugh reason unclear - but the fact that there was at least one 3 rating is awesome.

I know. Can’t believe he actually got a 3 ranking. 

🤣 Can we keep whoever didn't vote wikkid last from voting again? No offense, @wikkidpissah
:bag:  i even had a head's up about not putting him last. I guess i love Oden more than most, but really thought he was legit to have some use on the team. Johnny Flynn had me in a little too, my guess was at least he can sell some tickets for people to want to come watch this team

NEW ORLEANS HORNETS DIVISION

As previously noted, the popular Charlotte Hornets moved to New Orleans in 2002 mainly because everyone hated the owner George Shinn and stopped going to the games.  This team totally bounced around in the 2000s – moved cities in 2002, moved from the Eastern to the Western Conference in 2004, temporarily moved to Oklahoma City in 2006 and 2007 following hurricane Katrina, and eventually changed its name to the Pelicans in 2012.  The team had some decent success at the end of the decade after drafting Chris Paul in the 2005 draft.  The Hornets had a winning % of .502 for the decade and made the playoffs four times in this span.

This massive tier had a bunch of teams with some decent but not superstar players, so they weren’t able to move up on the rankings any higher than this.

13th place - 4 points

Frosty  - Jason Williams, Rip Hamilton, Antoine Walker, Antawn Jamison, PJ Brown

Average Score: 4.91   Best: 10   Worst: 3

12th place - 5 points

Doug B  - Sam Cassell, Michael Redd, Gerald Wallace, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Marcus Camby

Average Score: 6.09   Best: 9   Worst: 4

11th place - 6 points

Jayrod  - Andre Miller, Tayshaun Prince, Paul Pierce, Carlos Boozer, Brad Miller

Average Score: 6.82   Best: 12   Worst: 2

10th place - 7 points

Timschochet  - Derek Fisher, Cuttino Mobley, Vince Carter, Lamar Odom, Yao Ming

Average Score: 6.91   Best: 10   Worst: 2

9th place - 8 points

Yo Mama  - Baron Davis, Jason RIchardson, Stephen Jackson, David West, Pau Gasol

Average Score: 7.00   Best: 10   Worst: 3

8th place - 9 points

Mister CIA  - Steve Francis, Manu Ginobili, Jamal Mashburn, Robert Horry, Jermaine O'Neal

Average Score: 7.55   Best: 11   Worst: 5

:bag:  i even had a head's up about not putting him last. I guess i love Oden more than most, but really thought he was legit to have some use on the team. Johnny Flynn had me in a little too, my guess was at least he can sell some tickets for people to want to come watch this team
We know you’re just trying set us up for your Embiid over-ranking since he and Oden have basically had the same careers so far. 

They’re just starving for any kind of talent there
well, they shouldn't worry. Heard some media reports already, Ainge is trading for Lebron, AD, and KD this off-season with whatever trade exception they have left and sending Grant Williams.

LOS ANGELES LAKERS DIVISION

What a weird decade for the Lakers.  They start off the decade with the dominant Shaq/Kobe dynasty that won three straight titles, struggled when that duo broke up but still only missed the playoffs once in the vaunted Kobe/Smush years, and then returned to prominence at the end of the decade after the trade for Pau Gasol to win two more titles.  The Lakers had a winning % of .646 for the decade, made the playoffs nine times, and won four titles (five I you count ’09-10).

These top teams are all excellent – great balance with some top players of the decade.  The just couldn’t top the two stacked teams of the decade.

7th place - 10 points

Trader Jake - Mike Bibby, Brandon Roy, Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, Amar'e Stoudemire

Average Score: 10.18   Best: 13   Worst: 7

6th place - 11 points

Kev4029  - Steve Nash, Gilbert Arenas, Metta World Peace, Rashard Lewis, Andrew Bogut

Average Score: 11.09   Best: 14   Worst: 6

5th place - 12 points

Instinctive  - Chauncey Billups, Tracy McGrady, Shane Battier, Ben Wallace, Tyson Chandler

Average Score: 11.18   Best: 15   Worst: 7

4th place - 13 points

Modogg  - Deron Williams, Allen Iverson, Danny Granger, Rasheed Wallace, Chris Bosh

Average Score: 12.27   Best: 14   Worst: 9

3rd place - 14 points

EYLive  - Stephon Marbury, Kobe Bryant, Shawn Marion, Andrei Kirilenko, Elton Brand

Average Score: 13.45   Best: 14   Worst: 11

6th place - 11 points

Kev4029  - Steve Nash, Gilbert Arenas, Metta World Peace, Rashard Lewis, Andrew Bogut

5th place - 12 points

Instinctive  - Chauncey Billups, Tracy McGrady, Shane Battier, Ben Wallace, Tyson Chandler

TAKE THAT, usage rate! 😝

SAN ANTONIO SPURS DIVISION

What a decade of dominance for the Spurs.  They blatantly tanked the ’96-97 season, made Popovich their head coach mid-season, drafted Tim Duncan in 1997, Manu Ginobli in 1999, and Tony Parker in 2001 to set the franchise up for an extended era of dominance.  They had a winning % of .702 for the decade, made the playoffs every year, won their division seven of those years (second in the other three years), won over 50 games every year, and won the title three times. 

These are two of the best teams in any decade and were ranked accordingly.  Unsurprisingly, they also featured four of the main players from the Spurs dynasty.

2nd place - 15 points

Gally - Tony Parker, Jason Terry, Peja Stojakovic, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard

Average Score: 15.00   Best: 16   Worst: 14

1st place - 16 points

Scoobus  - Jason Kidd, Ray Allen, Bruce Bowen, Kevin Garnett, Shaquille O'Neal

Average Score: 15.91   Best: 16   Worst: 15

2000s Final Rankings

16 pts - Scoobus  - Jason Kidd, Ray Allen, Bruce Bowen, Kevin Garnett, Shaquille O'Neal

15 pts - Gally - Tony Parker, Jason Terry, Peja Stojakovic, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard

14 pts - EYLive  - Stephon Marbury, Kobe Bryant, Shawn Marion, Andrei Kirilenko, Elton Brand

13 pts - Modogg  - Deron Williams, Allen Iverson, Danny Granger, Rasheed Wallace, Chris Bosh

12 pts - Instinctive  - Chauncey Billups, Tracy McGrady, Shane Battier, Ben Wallace, Tyson Chandler

11 pts - Kev4029  - Steve Nash, Gilbert Arenas, Metta World Peace, Rashard Lewis, Andrew Bogut

10 pts - Trader Jake - Mike Bibby, Brandon Roy, Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, Amar'e Stoudemire

9 pts - Mister CIA  - Steve Francis, Manu Ginobili, Jamal Mashburn, Robert Horry, Jermaine O'Neal

8 pts - Yo Mama  - Baron Davis, Jason RIchardson, Stephen Jackson, David West, Pau Gasol

7 pts - Timschochet  - Derek Fisher, Cuttino Mobley, Vince Carter, Lamar Odom, Yao Ming

6 pts - Jayrod  - Andre Miller, Tayshaun Prince, Paul Pierce, Carlos Boozer, Brad Miller

5 pts - Doug B  - Sam Cassell, Michael Redd, Gerald Wallace, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Marcus Camby

4 pts - Frosty  - Jason Williams, Rip Hamilton, Antoine Walker, Antawn Jamison, PJ Brown

3 pts - Higgins  - Larry Hughes, Corey Maggette, Richard Jefferson, Zach Randolph, Theo Ratliff

2 pts - Ilov80s  - Kirk Hinrich, Raja Bell, Jerry Stackhouse, Kenyon Martin, Mehmet Okur

1 pt - Wikkidpissah  - Sebastian Telfair, Jonny Flynn, Adam Morrison, Darko Milicic, Greg Oden

2000s Rankings Details

16 - Scoobus  - 15,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16

15 - Gally - 14,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,16

14 - EYLive  - 11,12,13,14,14,14,14,14,14,14,14

13 - Modogg  - 9,11,12,12,12,13,13,13,13,13,14

12 - Instinctive  - 7,9,11,11,11,11,11,12,12,13,15

11 - Kev4029  - 6,8,9,11,12,12,12,12,13,13,14

10 - Trader Jake - 7,8,10,10,10,10,10,10,11,13,13

9 - Mister CIA  - 5,5,5,6,7,8,8,8,9,11,11

8 - Yo Mama  - 3,4,6,6,7,7,8,8,9,9,10

7 - Timschochet  - 2,4,4,5,6,7,9,9,10,10,10

6 - Jayrod  - 2,5,5,5,6,7,7,8,9,9,12

5 - Doug B  - 4,4,5,6,6,6,6,6,7,8,9

4 - Frosty  - 3,3,3,4,4,4,4,5,7,7,10

3 - Higgins  - 2,2,3,3,3,3,3,4,5,5,8

2 - Ilov80s  - 1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,4,8

1 - Wikkidpissah  - 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,3

Combined Standings (60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s)

59 - Trader Jake (9, 12, 14, 14, 10)

50 - Yo Mama  (11, 14, 10, 7, 8 )

46 - Kev4029  (13, 11, 1, 10, 11)

45 - Gally (10, 10, 5, 5, 15)

43 - Wikkidpissah  (8, 9, 16, 9, 1)

43 - Instinctive  (15, 1, 12, 3, 12)

42 - Ilov80s  (16, 5, 15, 4, 2)

42 - Higgins  (1, 16, 9, 13, 3)

40 - Timschochet  (12, 8, 7, 6, 7)

40 - Frosty  (14, 6, 4, 12, 4)

39 - Scoobus  (6, 3, 6, 8, 16)

39 - Jayrod  (4, 15, 13, 1, 6)

39 - EYLive  (7, 13, 3, 2, 14)

39 - Doug B  (5, 7, 11, 11, 5)

38 - Modogg  (3, 4, 2, 16, 13)

36 - Mister CIA  (2, 2, 8, 15, 9)

LOS ANGELES LAKERS DIVISION

What a weird decade for the Lakers.  They start off the decade with the dominant Shaq/Kobe dynasty that won three straight titles, struggled when that duo broke up but still only missed the playoffs once in the vaunted Kobe/Smush years, and then returned to prominence at the end of the decade after the trade for Pau Gasol to win two more titles.  The Lakers had a winning % of .646 for the decade, made the playoffs nine times, and won four titles (five I you count ’09-10).

These top teams are all excellent – great balance with some top players of the decade.  The just couldn’t top the two stacked teams of the decade.

7th place - 10 points

Trader Jake - Mike Bibby, Brandon Roy, Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, Amar'e Stoudemire

Average Score: 10.18   Best: 13   Worst: 7

6th place - 11 points

5th place - 12 points

4th place - 13 points

Modogg  - Deron Williams, Allen Iverson, Danny Granger, Rasheed Wallace, Chris Bosh

Average Score: 12.27   Best: 14   Worst: 9

3rd place - 14 points

EYLive  - Stephon Marbury, Kobe Bryant, Shawn Marion, Andrei Kirilenko, Elton Brand

Average Score: 13.45   Best: 14   Worst: 11
i would love to know how much CHris Bosh effected that ranking. Really wanted to pair him with Embiid, but just thought a good big with A.I. was key. David Lee isn't any shlub, but Bosh certainly bit better

I love that @Jayrod gave himself a 12...or did he?
I gave myself a 9, which is a lot closer to where I should have landed.  Complete bull#### that people think Tim's team is better than mine as we are apparently taking into account Yao's career in China.  And whoever gave me a 2 knows nothing about basketball and should have their voting rights revoked.

I gave myself a 9, which is a lot closer to where I should have landed.  Complete bull#### that people think Tim's team is better than mine as we are apparently taking into account Yao's career in China.  And whoever gave me a 2 knows nothing about basketball and should have their voting rights revoked.
I had you as an 8. And I had Tim's team at 10. So I guess I'm in the bull#### squad LOL. 

In complete agreement about the 2. There are some rankings that are just ####### ridiculous from people. Makes me wish we had gone with the "toss out highest and lowest" method. Probably wouldn't do much other than save me some annoyance and rob us of the chance to make fun of @modogg for giving this Wikkid squad a 3.

This is, I think, the second time I've had @timschochet in the top half of my rankings, and the highest I had him (I'm a Wilt hater. When your contemporaries say you're the guy they want to play, because you know you'll lose and they know you'll lose, I can't rank you highly no matter what stats you had).

Miller slight edge over Fisher. At the end of the day, I view both as neutral to negative in this contest.

Yao huge edge over Miller (NBA career only). Miller averaged like 11/7, Yao was at 19/10. Yao made the all-NBA team 5 times, so we can't even complain about Chinese all star votes (he made 8 btw to Miller's 2).

I'd rather have Odom than Boozer but I wouldn't argue either way really. Wash for me. 

Pierce moderate edge over Vince. But I really like Vince and think he'd be extra amazing on these types of teams (see, e.g., Olympics). 

Prince slight edge over Mobley, because I like defense over scoring in individuals often.

Fit: big win to the Tim squad. Better overall defensive makeup, better shot making, better fit. Paul Pierce was great and all, but that's about it and he's no pick and roll maestro or spot up shooter, so pairing him with a Miller/Boozer PnR hurts, I think. Fisher spots up while Vince or Mobley handle. Yao gets his offense through old school post ups, shoots FTs, and rebounds well. And his team has better D, because outside of Prince, your squad looks like the kids I used to coach would score an ok amount. They might never score against Tim's squad.

I had you as an 8. And I had Tim's team at 10. So I guess I'm in the bull#### squad LOL. 

In complete agreement about the 2. There are some rankings that are just ####### ridiculous from people. Makes me wish we had gone with the "toss out highest and lowest" method. Probably wouldn't do much other than save me some annoyance and rob us of the chance to make fun of @modogg for giving this Wikkid squad a 3.

This is, I think, the second time I've had @timschochet in the top half of my rankings, and the highest I had him (I'm a Wilt hater. When your contemporaries say you're the guy they want to play, because you know you'll lose and they know you'll lose, I can't rank you highly no matter what stats you had).

Miller slight edge over Fisher. At the end of the day, I view both as neutral to negative in this contest.

Yao huge edge over Miller (NBA career only). Miller averaged like 11/7, Yao was at 19/10. Yao made the all-NBA team 5 times, so we can't even complain about Chinese all star votes (he made 8 btw to Miller's 2).

I'd rather have Odom than Boozer but I wouldn't argue either way really. Wash for me. 

Pierce moderate edge over Vince. But I really like Vince and think he'd be extra amazing on these types of teams (see, e.g., Olympics). 

Prince slight edge over Mobley, because I like defense over scoring in individuals often.

Fit: big win to the Tim squad. Better overall defensive makeup, better shot making, better fit. Paul Pierce was great and all, but that's about it and he's no pick and roll maestro or spot up shooter, so pairing him with a Miller/Boozer PnR hurts, I think. Fisher spots up while Vince or Mobley handle. Yao gets his offense through old school post ups, shoots FTs, and rebounds well. And his team has better D, because outside of Prince, your squad looks like the kids I used to coach would score an ok amount. They might never score against Tim's squad.
But did you give yourself a 15?  

But did you give yourself a 15?  
Duh. But I can at least defend that I'm massively better at both guard spots, better on the wing, would take Ben Wallace over Dwight 1000x over, and I think those differences would make up for Duncan game in and game out. Reasonable minds can disagree, but I still had you at 14. Reasonable minds to me could have landed me anywhere down to 10 and I'd buy we have different player assessments. I don't see anyone who understands or has watched basketball slotting it at 6.

Duh. But I can at least defend that I'm massively better at both guard spots, better on the wing, would take Ben Wallace over Dwight 1000x over, and I think those differences would make up for Duncan game in and game out. Reasonable minds can disagree, but I still had you at 14. Reasonable minds to me could have landed me anywhere down to 10 and I'd buy we have different player assessments. I don't see anyone who understands or has watched basketball slotting it at 6.
I guess we can agree to disagree.  I had you right where you finished as #5.  I think my team construction makes up for the slight perceived  defensive deficiencies of my backcourt (although they are not bad) and they are a great fit for the squad assembled.

I wonder if swapping Paul and Parker would have made up enough to push me past scoobus.  I toyed with the idea but Paul was 5 vs 10 yrs and I couldn't really justify it in my mind.  That's a little too much of a difference in years.

2010s Rosters and Timing

Here is my plea to judge this decade like we have the others.  if you’ve been judging players based on their peak or career/decade accomplishments, do so here too (even if they are still actively playing).  We didn’t judge Shaq based on his later fat Celtics days or Kemp based on his later fat Cavs years, so try not to do that with current vets past their prime.  Likewise, I’m hoping we’re judging based on what players have actually accomplished and not projecting what hasn’t happened yet.  Guys like Petrovic and Brandon Roy had high peaks but very short careers and were ranked accordingly.  All of us (except one) saw that Greg Oden only had one good season and didn’t project a whole career at that level.  A current player with just a couple seasons should be judged just on those seasons.  [steps off soapbox]

Writeups tomorrow (Wed)

Rankings due Thursday by 3pm pacific

Modogg  - Lou Williams, Monta Ellis, Luol Deng, David Lee, Joel Embiid

Timschochet  - Kemba Walker, James Harden, Brandon Ingram, Paschal Siakim, Bam Adebayo

Wikkidpissah  - Isaiah Thomas, Bradley Beal, Gordon Hayward, Ben Simmons, Karl-Anthony Towns

Jayrod  - Damian Lillard, Dwyane Wade, Andre Iguadola, G Antetokounmpo, Al Horford

Ilov80s  - John Wall, Devin Booker, Jimmy Butler, Lauri Markkanen, Brook Lopez

Frosty  - Rajon Rondo, Joe Johnson, LeBron James, Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge

EYLive  - Kyrie Irving, Victor Oladipo, Rudy Gay, Kristaps Porzingis, Demarcus Cousins

Instinctive  - Jrue Holiday, Khris Middleton, Kawhi Leonard, Dirk Nowitzki, Joakim Noah

Trader Jake - Trae Young, CJ McCollum, Jayson Tatum, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan

Gally - Chris Paul, Donovan Mitchell, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Andre Drummond

Mister CIA  - Luka Dončić, DeMar DeRozan, Kevin Durant, Julius Randle, Nenê

Doug B  - Steph Curry, Zach Lavine, Paul George, Domantas Sabonis, NIkola Vucevic

Higgins  - Russell Westbrook, Buddy Hield, Kyle Korver, Serge Ibaka, Hassan Whiteside

Scoobus  - Kyle Lowry, Danny Green, Carmelo Anthony, Paul Millsap, Rudy Gobert

Kev4029  - Mike Conley, JJ Redick, Danilo Galinari, Draymond Green, Nikola Jokic

Yo Mama  - Derrick Rose, Klay Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol

I guess we can agree to disagree.  I had you right where you finished as #5.  I think my team construction makes up for the slight perceived  defensive deficiencies of my backcourt (although they are not bad) and they are a great fit for the squad assembled.

I wonder if swapping Paul and Parker would have made up enough to push me past scoobus.  I toyed with the idea but Paul was 5 vs 10 yrs and I couldn't really justify it in my mind.  That's a little too much of a difference in years.
They are definitely bad defensively. It is neither slight nor only perceived. Both of them absolutely sucked. As a Mavs fan my whole life I can say that with absolute certainty. 

I think 11 is a reasonable rank. I said anywhere down to 10 (counting from 16) was something I could sports argue all day long but would never think the other person was being dumb, or purposefully obstinate, about it. But I have some outliers in a couple rounds now that I have to chalk up to personal enmity, because there's no defensible reason for some of them. 

If you had Paul, I would have had you at 15 instead of 14. Would not have pushed you past Scoobus. You still wouldn't have had the best PG, or the best C. You'd just barely have the best PF (btw, the real shark move would have been a Duncan at C team, but Dwight was pretty solid value). And Allen was better than Terry in every way, and it isn't close And I LOVE Jason Terry. Peja and Bowen are both "meh" to me. If you'd had Battier or Artest or Carter or Pierce or... instead of Peja, Paul over Parker...I still probably would have gone with Scoobus.

If you had Paul, I would have had you at 15 instead of 14. Would not have pushed you past Scoobus. You still wouldn't have had the best PG, or the best C. You'd just barely have the best PF (btw, the real shark move would have been a Duncan at C team, but Dwight was pretty solid value). And Allen was better than Terry in every way, and it isn't close And I LOVE Jason Terry. Peja and Bowen are both "meh" to me. If you'd had Battier or Artest or Carter or Pierce or... instead of Peja, Paul over Parker...I still probably would have gone with Scoobus.
I completely disagree about Paul being the best PG in that decade (for those chosen).  He is the best of those for a complete game (unless you dinged him for having more years in the 10's)

I also think you are cutting Peja way short based on what his role for this team was.  He is an elite 3 pt shooter and a great fit offensively with the front court I had.  Much more than "meh".

I also think Duncan is much better at PF than C especially paired with a great defensive center like Howard.  Building a team with Duncan at center would not have been as good of a build.

Trader Jake – 2010’s

No doubt, this team would be a fan favorite.  The modern game is about space and pace, drive and kick, a player to demand double-teams on offense, efficiency from 3 with the aptitude to get to the line, and the ability to clean the glass and effect shooting percentages on the defensive end.  That’s exactly how this team was built, with elite NBA talent to boot (the 5 players were drafted overall #1, 3, 5, 10, and 35).  The offense has elite 3-point shooters, a mid-range wizard, a dynamic assist man, and two of the most athletic, in-game dunking machines in NBA history.  Blake Griffin & DeAndre Jordan combined for years and will get to do so again, this time with enough outside shooting to give them the space needed to wreak havoc.  The overall team speed and athleticism on this squad would be a real problem for opponents, especially those with centers at PF or team builds with small wings.  Get your popcorn ready.

PG Trae Young – Last season’s All-Star game starter and current Atlanta Hawks offensive engine.  He consistently hits 3’s from deep, gets to the free throw line at a very high rate, and (impressive as his scoring ability is) he’s already one of the best passers in the Association.   Each season Trae has improved his 3pt%, FT%, and assists/game.

SG CJ McCollum – Modern day offenses need to spread the floor and McCollum can do just that - shooting 40% from deep over his 8-year career.  One of the best mid-range players currently in the game and he seems to be one of the league's good guys.  He's also a solid passer, gets plenty of steals, and is extremely consistent.

SF Jayson Tatum - 25pts/7reb/4.5ast/2stocks with career 40% 3pt on high volume.  On defense he’s also a force, with ability to switch and defend at a really high level.   In his fourth season he’s appeared on the All-Rookie team, in multiple All-Star games, an All-NBA team, and two Eastern Conference Finals.

PF Blake Griffin – As part of “Lob City” Blake Griffin helped turn around the moribund Los Angeles Clippers franchise.   Due to injury he missed his first year and immediately started racking up honors by being selected as an All-Star, winning the Slam Dunk contest, and taking home rookie of the year.  The next season he would make All-NBA and will finish with 5 All-NBA honors.  He was a dynamic force on the court for years, but his smarts were underrated.

C DeAndre Jordan – In his prime DeAndre was an absolutely devastating defensive presence.  He was a double-double machine, with 4 stocks to boot.  He averaged over 13 boards for 7 consecutive seasons while putting up 12 points on 70%.  2-time rebounding champ, 2 All-NBA Defensive awards, and 3 All-NBA honors. Was tough as hell and served as the glue for talented Team USA squads.

present-day wikkid (NOT a good place for him) team:

PG - Isaiah Thomas

SG - Bradley Beal

SF - Gordon Hayward

PF - Ben Simmons

C - KAT

Born the week of THE CATCH, i worshipped Willie Mays, the first post-human creature (Nureyev was the 2nd) i ever saw. The stats were great, the championships - even opposing baseball's greatest dynasty - could have been more plentiful, but it didn't matter. When the Game of the Week involved the Giants, i sat as transfixed as a Kardashian in a mirror, in dread to miss any second of my deity's purposefully joyful, joyously purposeful movements. When New York re-installed a National League team among their boroughs after a five-year drought, i stormed my parents with a cicada symphony of "Can we, huh?"s 'til they relented to time their spring NYC visit with Say Hey's return to New Yawk. It was to die.

I've had pretty good sportsfan luck since - started going to Fenway by myself on the subway when i was 10, saw the Celtics dynasty and Impossible Dream Sox up close, visited a 15yo Secretariat (who looked like he could still run thru a brick wall and still wanted to) in his paddock @ Claiborne Farm, saw Marvin Hagler and the '76 Olympic boxing team before they were famous, was there for three of Nadia Comaneci's 10s, went to a Super Bowl and a Derby, witnessed NCState's upset of Phi Slamma Jamma @ The Pit and, of course, have watched every significant sporting event on TV since Giants-Colts '58 from my generational catbird seat.

Now i know this wont upgrade your grade of my 2010s team, but i have never been as enthralled with a sporting season as was with my Leprechaun's 2016-17 season with the Celtics. Thomas is 5'5. That's short in frikkin baseball, in life for crissakes. Yet, night after night, he'd get a step on his peers and throw himself into the bodies of the game's giants and blindly hurl things up that rained magically down thru the hoop and, on top of it, pop every trey that mattered, to the tune of 28.9 ppg for the season. THEN isaiah Thomas left his teeth, his grief, his structural integrity and perhaps a HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS on the court trying to get his team into the NBA Finals. It will not, cannot be duplicated and i'm proud to celebrate the Li'l Fella's return to the court last night by pimpin' his glory today. Smoke a bowl o' DAT before you carp about who he's gonna guard.

Nor am i going to get you to understand Ben Simmons' brilliance. Joel Embiid fouled TimeLord out in 14 minutes last nite, but that's not what beat the Celtics. It was Simmons utter mastery of zone defense, making his opponent take so many shots they didnt want to, which turns this offensive-minded teens squad of mine into a good defense moreso than any individual efforts of a Kawhi-type person. i'm starting to realize he wont be the Magic of offense AND defense i thought he could be, but he's still the five-position anchor of my 2nd favorite decades team.

Trader Jake – 2010’s

No doubt, this team would be a fan favorite.  The modern game is about space and pace, drive and kick, a player to demand double-teams on offense, efficiency from 3 with the aptitude to get to the line, and the ability to clean the glass and effect shooting percentages on the defensive end.  That’s exactly how this team was built, with elite NBA talent to boot (the 5 players were drafted overall #1, 3, 5, 10, and 35).  The offense has elite 3-point shooters, a mid-range wizard, a dynamic assist man, and two of the most athletic, in-game dunking machines in NBA history.  Blake Griffin & DeAndre Jordan combined for years and will get to do so again, this time with enough outside shooting to give them the space needed to wreak havoc.  The overall team speed and athleticism on this squad would be a real problem for opponents, especially those with centers at PF or team builds with small wings.  Get your popcorn ready.

PG Trae Young – Last season’s All-Star game starter and current Atlanta Hawks offensive engine.  He consistently hits 3’s from deep, gets to the free throw line at a very high rate, and (impressive as his scoring ability is) he’s already one of the best passers in the Association.   Each season Trae has improved his 3pt%, FT%, and assists/game.

SG CJ McCollum – Modern day offenses need to spread the floor and McCollum can do just that - shooting 40% from deep over his 8-year career.  One of the best mid-range players currently in the game and he seems to be one of the league's good guys.  He's also a solid passer, gets plenty of steals, and is extremely consistent.

SF Jayson Tatum - 25pts/7reb/4.5ast/2stocks with career 40% 3pt on high volume.  On defense he’s also a force, with ability to switch and defend at a really high level.   In his fourth season he’s appeared on the All-Rookie team, in multiple All-Star games, an All-NBA team, and two Eastern Conference Finals.

PF Blake Griffin – As part of “Lob City” Blake Griffin helped turn around the moribund Los Angeles Clippers franchise.   Due to injury he missed his first year and immediately started racking up honors by being selected as an All-Star, winning the Slam Dunk contest, and taking home rookie of the year.  The next season he would make All-NBA and will finish with 5 All-NBA honors.  He was a dynamic force on the court for years, but his smarts were underrated.

C DeAndre Jordan – In his prime DeAndre was an absolutely devastating defensive presence.  He was a double-double machine, with 4 stocks to boot.  He averaged over 13 boards for 7 consecutive seasons while putting up 12 points on 70%.  2-time rebounding champ, 2 All-NBA Defensive awards, and 3 All-NBA honors. Was tough as hell and served as the glue for talented Team USA squads.
I can't even imagine what a team would look like with Trae Young and Tatum on the same team, would they even pass the ball to each other? McCollum fits in nice, but there are so many hero ball guys in this decade, i am just not positive quite a few of these guys could play together on the same team

present-day wikkid (NOT a good place for him) team:

PG - Isaiah Thomas

SG - Bradley Beal

SF - Gordon Hayward

PF - Ben Simmons

C - KAT

Born the week of THE CATCH, i worshipped Willie Mays, the first post-human creature (Nureyev was the 2nd) i ever saw. The stats were great, the championships - even opposing baseball's greatest dynasty - could have been more plentiful, but it didn't matter. When the Game of the Week involved the Giants, i sat as transfixed as a Kardashian in a mirror, in dread to miss any second of my deity's purposefully joyful, joyously purposeful movements. When New York re-installed a National League team among their boroughs after a five-year drought, i stormed my parents with a cicada symphony of "Can we, huh?"s 'til they relented to time their spring NYC visit with Say Hey's return to New Yawk. It was to die.

I've had pretty good sportsfan luck since - started going to Fenway by myself on the subway when i was 10, saw the Celtics dynasty and Impossible Dream Sox up close, visited a 15yo Secretariat (who looked like he could still run thru a brick wall and still wanted to) in his paddock @ Claiborne Farm, saw Marvin Hagler and the '76 Olympic boxing team before they were famous, was there for three of Nadia Comaneci's 10s, went to a Super Bowl and a Derby, witnessed NCState's upset of Phi Slamma Jamma @ The Pit and, of course, have watched every significant sporting event on TV since Giants-Colts '58 from my generational catbird seat.

Now i know this wont upgrade your grade of my 2010s team, but i have never been as enthralled with a sporting season as was with my Leprechaun's 2016-17 season with the Celtics. Thomas is 5'5. That's short in frikkin baseball, in life for crissakes. Yet, night after night, he'd get a step on his peers and throw himself into the bodies of the game's giants and blindly hurl things up that rained magically down thru the hoop and, on top of it, pop every trey that mattered, to the tune of 28.9 ppg for the season. THEN isaiah Thomas left his teeth, his grief, his structural integrity and perhaps a HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS on the court trying to get his team into the NBA Finals. It will not, cannot be duplicated and i'm proud to celebrate the Li'l Fella's return to the court last night by pimpin' his glory today. Smoke a bowl o' DAT before you carp about who he's gonna guard.

Nor am i going to get you to understand Ben Simmons' brilliance. Joel Embiid fouled TimeLord out in 14 minutes last nite, but that's not what beat the Celtics. It was Simmons utter mastery of zone defense, making his opponent take so many shots they didnt want to, which turns this offensive-minded teens squad of mine into a good defense moreso than any individual efforts of a Kawh-type personi. i'm starting to realize he wont be the Magic of offense AND defense i thought he could be, but he's still the five-position anchor of my 2nd favorite decades team.
KAT and Simmons on the same team would be pretty fun. Add in Thomas, and you have some pretty fun transition offense

I can't even imagine what a team would look like with Trae Young and Tatum on the same team, would they even pass the ball to each other? McCollum fits in nice, but there are so many hero ball guys in this decade, i am just not positive quite a few of these guys could play together on the same team
Not a big concern with this group (based on a previous post of yours on Tatum, it sounds like you don't agree with how he's allowed to operate on O and I agree).  On this team Tatum wouldn't be used "like Kobe".  On this all-decade team he'd be asked to use that great size/speed combination on the defensive wing...that's his true star quality to this group IMO.  He give bigger players problems with his quick hands and can move his feet well enough to give smaller ball handlers problems.

In today's NBA Tatum is used as a #1/#2 offensive driver, but that's not the case here.  No need to give Tatum the ball and ask him to iso and take hero ball shots.  The guy is a knockdown shooter on the catch, but he rarely gets that opportunity on the current Celtics.  With McCollum as a secondary ball handler and spot shooter the lanes would be wide open for Trae is penetrate off those screens/double screens by Blake & DeAndre.  Those two (former) elite athletes would be at/above the rim all game long.  They'd also be a really difficult duo to keep off the offensive boards.  In addition to locking up the best wing, Tatum would be asked to contribute to the defensive boards, which he should be able to do against most 3s and use his anticipation to help close passing lanes.

The biggest issue with this lineup is Trae Young's defense.  The guy can single-handedly drive an offense (Box +/- ~+3.6offense, ~-1.8dedense), but he struggles to contain the opposition's point.  Which is why the team build around him has to be right.  To maximize him you need versatile, athletic players to run and space on offense (Lob City frontcourt and 40% 3ball shooters in McCollum/Tatum at the wings) and a rim deterrent like DeAndre.  This team would lose some shootouts to elite point guards, but if a team doesn't have multiple elite defenders they will absolutely get run out of the gym.  Just too much offensive firepower, each with different strengths to take advantage of matchups.

The bolded is where you are drop dead wrong.  Odom's greatest achievement was a 6th man of the year award.  At his best he was a role player.  Boozer was a key part of the 1-2 punch on very good Jazz team with D-Will.  Odom got to benefit from playing with Kobe and Shaq while Boozer was the focus of the opponents defense and still put up better numbers across the board over Odom.  Give Boozer a better team (like this) and he's dramatically better than Odom.

So I have the advantage at 4 of the positions, yet somehow Yao is so much better than Miller that it negates all of that?  Yao only played approx 4 full seasons in the NBA and never topped 20ppg or 10rbg in any of those years.  During his "peak" (2005-09) he only averaged 59 games/season.

So basically tim's team has one positional advantage and that guy is an injury prone, slow, lumbering center.  Sure he is a great center, but he can't pass himself the ball and he can't defend the 4 guys who all have advantages on their man, especially since his man is actually a good shooter.

And you apparently don't understand how great a scorer Pierce was, because he could do it at all three levels and averaged over 25 ppg in 5 different seasons throughout his career.  He was also a very good defender, as was Andre Miller and Boozer.  None of them were poor defenders outside of Brad Miller.

I'll take my team over his any day of the week and beat you over an 82 game season or a 7 game series every time.

2010s Rosters and Timing

Here is my plea to judge this decade like we have the others.  if you’ve been judging players based on their peak or career/decade accomplishments, do so here too (even if they are still actively playing).  We didn’t judge Shaq based on his later fat Celtics days or Kemp based on his later fat Cavs years, so try not to do that with current vets past their prime.  Likewise, I’m hoping we’re judging based on what players have actually accomplished and not projecting what hasn’t happened yet.  Guys like Petrovic and Brandon Roy had high peaks but very short careers and were ranked accordingly.  All of us (except one) saw that Greg Oden only had one good season and didn’t project a whole career at that level.  A current player with just a couple seasons should be judged just on those seasons.  [steps off soapbox]
Completely agree with all of this.

I think we might see the widest ranges yet due to a variety of these factors. Top few teams seem clear, but after that could be wild.

Jayrodsquad of the 2010's

This is the best team I assembled and one of the best in the contest.  In an era when some guys drafted have only played 2-3 years, my team has all been in the league for at least 6 full seasons.

My team has a combined 6 rings, 2 MVP's, 1 DPOY, 18 all-NBA selections, 9 All-Defensive selections, 2 Finals MVP's and 30 All-star selections.  Among the 5 are: 3 offensive juggernauts, 2 perfect fit role players, 4 great defenders, 4 great rebounders, 5 good passers, 5 great teammates, a guy with unlimited range and an absolute freak of nature.  Without further ado, I present to you the top squad in the 2010's:

• PG - Damian "Dame Time" Lillard - Ball handler, floor spacing shooter, secondary P&R threat, facilitator of the offense and team leader.  ROY, 5x All-NBA, 6x All-star.  He can shoot from anywhere and is as clutch as they come, hitting one of the most electric game winners I've ever seen.  He is a loyal to a fault, a great competitor and a leader.  He is also a great passer, averaging 6.6 apg for his career.
  • SG - Dwyane "Flash" Wade - Primary offensive threat, primary perimeter defender, fast break runner.  3x Champ, 1x Finals MVP, 8x All-NBA, 3x All-Def, 13x All-star.  Despite all of that, he still seems underrated.  He is, at worst, the 4th greatest SG in history and could do it all very well.  He will draw the opponents top defender and open up the floor for everyone with his slashing and cutting and running P&R with the greatest rim-runner in history.  He can defend, he can pass and he can finish the break as well as anyone.
  • SF - Andre "Iggy" Iguodala - Secondary perimeter defender, off-ball screener and mover, perimeter rebounder and fast break finisher. 3x Champ, 1x Finals MVP, 2x All-Def & 1x All-star.  Not bad for the worst player on my team.  Iggy is a true glue guy, a great athlete and a smart player.  He can hit corner threes, drive and pass and be a lock down defender on the perimeter while providing great help on the boards.
  • PF - Giannis "the Greek Freak" Anteaternintendo - P&R Screener, lockdown defender, rebounder, finisher off the break. 2x MVP, 1x DPOY, 4x All-NBA, 3x All-Def, 5x All-star.  And he's only 26.  The only thing missing is a ring, and that will likely be remedied at some point in the near future.  He can score on anyone and everyone, but is best off the ball, cutting, rim running off the P&R, crashing the boards and focusing on being a tenacious defender.  Aggressive and competitive, he would thrive on a team where he doesn't have to go 1 on 4 every possession.  But if he needs to, he can go to work by taking his guy off the dribble and creating buckets in the paint.
  • C - Al "Godfather" Horford - Post defender, defensive rebounder, screen setter and high post facilitator.  1x All-NBA, 1x All-Def, 5x All-star.  Known for being an Embiid stopper and the ultimate glue guy, Horford can and will do everything you need to win basketball games.  His high post passing and pick and pop ability will pull opposing centers away from the paint, letting Wade/Giannis/Dame go to work.  He is a great fit alongside Giannis in the frontcourt, which will dominate in this era.
I envision this team playing tenacious defense on the wings and post, getting out and running a lot off of steals and rebounds, running lots of P&R action with Wade/Dame handling and Giannis/Al screening while Iggy runs the baseline and spots up in the corners.  The offense will have a lot of movement, off ball screening and basket cuts.  Teams will have to build a wall in the paint, leaving players wide open, and all 5 are capable of knocking down 3's....especially Dame, who will find himself more wide open than he has ever had with this team.

ETA:  Best 5 season stretch for each player: https://stathead.com/tiny/XjUMr

Frosty's Team 2010s:

PG: Rajon Rondo: 4x All-Star, 2x Champ, 4x All-Defense, 1x All-NBA, 1x Steals Leader, 3x Assist Leader. 12.3ppg/4.8rpg/10.7apg/2.0spg

SG: Joe Johnson: 7x All-Star, 1x All-NBA. 21.7ppg/4.4prg/5.5apg/1.1spg

SF: Lebron James: 17x All-Star, 16x All-NBA, 4x Champ, 6x All-Defense, 4x MVP, 4x Finals MVP, 1x Scoring Leader, 1x Assist Leader. 27.4ppg/7.6rpg/7.5apg/1.6spg

PF: Kevin Love: 5x All-Star, 2x All-NBA, 1x Rebound Leader. 23.5ppg/13.7rpg/3.0apg/0.7spg. 

C - Lamarcus Aldridge: 7x All-Star, 5x All-NBA. 21.2ppg/9.0rpg/2.1apg/1.1bpg

First things first: every single player on this squad played the entire 2010s decade. That's right, all 10 years for each guy. No 3 year youngsters here, these guys are established and genuine superstars of the 2010s. 

Every single player has at least 4 All-Star berths and at least 1 All-NBA appearance. Combined: 40 All-Stars, 25 All-NBA, 4 MVPs, and 10 All Defense. Yes, having Lebron inflates those numbers but also makes you remember that I have Lebron James surrounded by four all-NBA talents. A 2010s all-star squad. Wow.

Now that the accolades have been established, let's look at the fit. You're immediately going to look at two weaknesses: Rondo's shooting (or lack thereof) and Love's defense. Fair enough. However, I'd say this team's construction mitigates both of those.

Rondo is surrounded by four outstanding perimeter shooters, with Johnson and Love maybe the best at their positions in the decade. This gives him the room he needs to operate, and as a 3x league assist champ that's all he needs. Imagine a Rondo and Lebron pick and roll with Johnson, Love, and Aldridge spotting up.  Yikes. 

As for Love's defense, the uniqueness of Lebron's skill set helps me out there as well. I can hide Love on weakest front court player offensively since Lebron can easily guard a 4 and Aldridge, although not a defensive stud, is just fine. And speaking of Aldridge, yes I would have loved to have a more defensive minded center as the rim protector, but I thought more shooting was more important and don't forget he's a 7x All-Star and 5x All-NBA player. You don't get those awards if you can't play on both sides of the ball. 

In.

The first time we did this, I believe I finished in 4th place.

And I took that personally.

:coffee:
I drafted Jordan second overall in the first All-Time NBA Draft.  I think my squad was Dennis Johnson - MJ - Pippen or Connie Hawkins - Spencer Haywood - Willis Reed.  With Chris Mullen maybe?

Yo Mama's All-2010s Team

Of all my decade teams, this one makes the most sense on the court together and is the most well-balanced.

On offense, I have an MVP point guard in Rose who attacks the rim with incredible athleticism and is impossible to guard in the pick and roll.  On the wings, I have two great shooters (including one of the greatest pure shooters of all time) who don’t need the ball in their hands for more than a second to be effective.  They’ll be running off screens like crazy and only need a fraction of space to get their shots off.  Down low, I have two incredibly well-rounded bigs who can both handle the ball, distribute effectively to help run the offense, and spread the floor with their shooting to create space for Rose in the paint.  They can form a deadly pick and roll, pick and pop combo with Rose or even run a nasty high low game with Gasol at the high post and Davis dominating down low.

Defensively, my team will be hard to beat.  It starts with my bigs down low.  Both Davis and Gasol are incredibly diverse defenders who can protect the rim and hold their own on the perimeter on switches.  Gasol is a DPOY player who can neutralize any center of the decade and Davis has the unicorn athleticism to guard any position on the floor.  I also have two great wing defenders in Thompson and Ariza who can guard any player 1-4 and allow Rose to draw the easiest assignment on D on the perimeter.  All five of my squad have the athleticism and defensive ability to swarm the ball, switch with impunity, and cause havoc on the defensive side.

PG - Derrick Rose

Peak (8 Years) - 20p, 4r, 6a, 1stl, 1 three

Pre-injury (3 Years) - 23p, 4r, 7a, 1stl, 1 three

Recognition - MVP, 1 all nba, 3 all star

SG - Klay Thompson

Peak (5+ Years) - 22p, 4r, 2a, 1stl, 1blk, 3 threes, 47/42/86 shooting

Recognition - 3 champ, 2 all nba, 5 all star, 1 all d

SF - Trevor Ariza

Peak (10 Years) - 12p, 5r, 3a, 2stl, 2 threes

Recognition - 1 champ

PF - Anthony Davis

Peak (8+ Years) - 25p, 11r, 2a, 1stl, 2blk, 1 three

Recognition - 1 champ, 4 all nba, 8 all star, 4 all d

C - Marc Gasol

Peak (9 Years) - 16p, 8r, 4a, 1stl, 2blk, 1 three

Recognition - DPOY, 1 champ, 2 all nba, 3 all star, 1 all d

Combined, my team at their peak averaged 98p, 32r, 18a, 6stl, 5blk, and 8 threes a game.  They had 1 MVP, 1 DPOY, 6 championships, 9 all nba, 19 al stars, and 6 all defense.

Davis has the 4th most blocks in the decade and Gasol has the 7th most.  Thompson has the 3rd most threes in the decade and Ariza has the 11th most.  Ariza has the 5th most steals in the decade.  Thompson has the 15th most points in the decade and Davis has the 25th most.  Gasol has the 12th most rebounds in the decade and Davis has the 22nd most.

higgins 10’s squad

Who do you draft when you have one of the most productive players of all-time in Westbrook? Especially in the modern NBA? You surround him with outside shooters & efficient interior shooters that majorly block & rebound

There is no disputing –or- egos regarding who gets the ball on this team. It’s Westbrook surrounded by players that stay in their lane and play their top-rated offensive/defensive roles.

3’s

Korver (old guard) & Hield (new guard)

Korver – old guard:                         #1 in 3-Pt FG% 9/10, 13/14, 14/15, 16/17; 4th in career 3-Pt FG’s

Buddy Hield – new guard:            top-5 in 3-Pt FG’s last 3 seasons

Blocks & Rebounds

Ibaka (old #1) & Whiteside (new #1)

Ibaka led in blocks:                          10/11, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14; 3-time all defense 1st team

Whiteside led in blocks:                15/16, 19/20; 1-time all defense 2nd team; #1 total rebound % 18/19

Interior FG%

Ibaka – three years this decade in top-10

Whiteside -- three years this decade in top-10; career NBA 9th all-time

PG – Russell Westbrook

SG – Buddy Hield

SF – Kyle Korver

PF – Serge Ibaka

C – Hassan Whiteside

There is no disputing –or- egos regarding who gets the ball on this team. It’s Westbrook surrounded by players that stay in their lane and play their top-rated offensive/defensive roles.

Instinctive's 2010s team:

• 24 all-star selections
  • League MVP
  • 17 all-NBA selections
  • 11 all-defensive selections
  • 3 defensive player of the year awards
  • 3 finals MVPs
  • A boatload of season titles: steals, all-star MVPs, actual championships, etc.

Here's the thing: FOUR of these guys have flirted with or surpassed 50/40/90 seasons, and the last guy is defensive monster Noah holding down the rim. This is my most proud team construction of the entire draft (and honestly, maybe the best constructed from a role perspective. It lacks the star power of a number of the top teams, but everyone plays a position they actually played, any minor hole (Dirk's defense, Noah's shooting) is covered, the floor is perfectly spaced in the spacing era, nobody will be fighting for the ball, and 4 guys want to get in your face and destroy you on defense in any important game. We have pace, we have half court offense, we have transition defense, we have half court defense, we have EASILY the best defensive backcourt, Noah can hang with anyone and defend the rim. We need to score at the end of the game? Not only do we have the Dirk PnR with any one of our ballhandlers, we also have Kawhi iso ability. Or a classic Dirk iso. Or a whirring offense around great passer Noah, who was the center of the Bulls when Rose went down. 

PG - Jrue Holiday: Defender who absolutely dominates Damian Lillard when they face off (hello playoffs), handles the ball without turnovers (2.5:1 AST:TO ratio), gets his team involved, but shoots great off ball as well. 6'3" PG who also defends SGs. 

SG - Khris Middleton: Another awesome team player who can light up the scoreboard but takes pride in locking down opposing wings. Dude is a 6'7" SG who can also slide to SF. 

SF - Kawhi Leonard: I mean, what else needs to be said? Who else is in the discussion after LeBron (clearly the bets) for 2nd best player of the decade? They're the only two players to be the full on alpha leaders for two different franchise's championships. Multi-time DPOY, amazing shooter, and one of the best iso scorers in the NBA. Multi-time Finals MVP who will lock down the best wing or guard on the other team - whether it's Steph, Dame, LeBron, KD...seriously has gone toe to toe and owned all of them.

PF - Dirk Nowitzki: The greatest Maverick of all time. Revolutionary PF. Best shooting big man of all time. One of the 5 greatest playoff runs ever, carrying a supporting cast of over the hill veterans and flawed players to a title over the era's first superteam, he's yet another guy who dominated LeBron when it mattered. I could go on for days about Dirk, and I may have to in another post. 

C - Joakim Noah: the perfect and ultimate glue guy, another DPOY winner who first made screen assists sexy (back off Gobert!). He doesn't need the ball, he cleans the glass and defends the rim and passes it around. He's yet ANOTHER guy on my team who's been in the MVP conversation (top 5 vote getter is my definition) in his career. In a decade with resurgent centers after a lackluster 2000s, I have the only guy who can defend them all - from the bruisery Embiid and Jokic to the svelte Giannis, Noah can make them all work.

Jesus. What a stacked team. Like holy cow. I really don't know how the hell any team expects to defend against this, and I'm pretty sure it can defend against them all. There are so many good squads we've assembled here though (looking particularly at @Kev4029 and @Frostillicus, thought not to the exclusion of others), that this will be a tough fight. I think these guys are perhaps the best fitting of any squad in the draft. Nobody gets in anyone's way. Nobody has a weakness that isn't covered by ALL FOUR other guys

I think this is going to end up my best in show squad, but will wait to see how judging plays out. If I regret anything, it's not pulling the trigger on Lowry at the expense of the 80s when I had the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread