Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Scoobus is Champion!)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

12.14 Arvydas Sabonis C 90s Most of the richest people in Australia are in satellite communications. Without satellites, they wouldnt get no media Down Under, so they were on it early. 35 ye

Sorry guys. Probably won’t be able to do results today. One of my dogs has pretty bad cancer and isn’t doing too well. I need to take care of him today.    I’ll do the results tomorrow. 

Hey guys, my NBA interest started to wane with the ascension of MJ / decline of the Bad Boys. I don’t think I would be able to render quality judging in the remaining decades so I’m going to bow out.

33 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

shameless bastids 

😁

I mean maybe. To some extent you'd expect the rating system you use to affect the team you build, so if you build a team based onw hat you value, then when you grade out what you value one would hope your team fares well. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Instinctive said:

I mean maybe. To some extent you'd expect the rating system you use to affect the team you build, so if you build a team based onw hat you value, then when you grade out what you value one would hope your team fares well. 

Yeah, that is what I was saying earlier.  Almost everyone likes their team and did what they thought was best.  If you are grading, you probably still have the same opinion and thus think you did what was best and made a great team.  This category more than any other since we all were essentially trying to do the same thing at the same time.  The other categories depended upon how many high picks you used on it and varied greatly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

ITT i learned that a smiley at the end of a post fails to convey the playful sarcasm said post contained ...

48 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

shameless bastids 

😁

maybe lighten the fudge up fellas? it ain't exactly life or death or taxes here, amirite?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

ITT i learned that a smiley at the end of a post fails to convey the playful sarcasm said post contained ...

maybe lighten the fudge up fellas? it ain't exactly life or death or taxes here, amirite?

Ball is life.

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Yeah, that is what I was saying earlier.  Almost everyone likes their team and did what they thought was best.  If you are grading, you probably still have the same opinion and thus think you did what was best and made a great team.  This category more than any other since we all were essentially trying to do the same thing at the same time.  The other categories depended upon how many high picks you used on it and varied greatly.

I think that only gets you so far if you are being honest in your evaluations.  I could have drafted the team I thought was absolutely the best possible team for the choices I had when it was my turn to pick but that doesn't mean I should necessarily think it was the best team drafted.   That being said even if you are trying to put your own biases aside when ranking there is a high likelihood you will have ranked your team higher than anybody else because of the facts you outlined.

 

I put my team as the 4th best but I believe someone else said earlier (maybe @Ilov80s) also put my team 4th and I think another chimed in about having it 5th (@BassNBrew).   That put me at ease knowing I was in the same ballpark as other rankers (which I have been for the entire ranking process).  

Edited by Gally
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Yo Mama said:

Yeah yeah, I’ll do it in the morning (pacific time). 

:popcorn:

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gally said:

I think that only gets you so far if you are being honest in your evaluations.  I could have drafted the team I thought was absolutely the best possible team for the choices I had when it was my turn to pick but that doesn't mean I should necessarily think it was the best team drafted.   That being said even if you are trying to put your own biases aside when ranking there is a high likelihood you will have ranked your team higher than anybody else because of the facts you outlined.

 

I put my team as the 4th best but I believe someone else said earlier (maybe @Ilov80s) also put my team 4th and I think another chimed in about having it 5th (@BassNBrew).   That put me at ease knowing I was in the same ballpark as other rankers (which I have been for the entire ranking process).  

You should have voted yours first to get that ranking tossed

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

You should have voted yours first to get that ranking tossed

I voted before I knew that would happen.....hahhaahhaa

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gally said:

I voted before I knew that would happen.....hahhaahhaa

Me too. Although I still had me first. But I think I won't be the only one who did. I'm brimming with confidence right now, alongside a lot of nervous energy. 

 

Feels like a case competition from college where I think our team did a great job but you never know wtf judges are going to vote for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Instinctive said:

Me too. Although I still had me first. But I think I won't be the only one who did. I'm brimming with confidence right now, alongside a lot of nervous energy. 

 

Feels like a case competition from college where I think our team did a great job but you never know wtf judges are going to vote for. 

Well, I had you at 2nd so even if you are the only top vote for your team you don't drop too much.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

IIIIIITTTTT’SSSSS TIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMEEEE!!!!

 

Wont be able to slow roll this too much since I have to run into som training in half an hour. 
 

11 judges, lots of different rankings, high and low scores excluded from average scores. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Yo Mama changed the title to ***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Pantheon rankings dropping NOW)
2 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

IIIIIITTTTT’SSSSS TIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMEEEE!!!!

 

Wont be able to slow roll this too much since I have to run into som training in half an hour. 
 

11 judges, lots of different rankings, high and low scores excluded from average scores. 

My link

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pantheon Rankings

 

 

PHILADELPHIA / SAN FRANCISCO / GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIVISION

 

The Warriors have an all-time winning % of .482, a playoff winning % of .544, 6 championships, 11 finals appearances, and have made the playoffs 35 times in their 75 years.

 

Note: average scores exclude the highest and lowest rankings for each team.

 

 

16th place - 3 points

EYLive  - Kyrie Irving, Kobe Bryant, John Havlicek, Demarcus Cousins, Wes Unseld - Bn: Rick Barry, Bob Lanier, Shawn Marion

Average Score: 2.56   Best: 12   Worst: 1

 

15th place - 6 points

Mister CIA  - Gary Payton, Manu Ginobili, Kevin Durant, Terry Cummings, Hakeem Olajuwon - Bn: Robert Horry, Mark Aguirre, Jerry Lucas

Average Score: 4.56   Best: 12   Worst: 1

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pantheon Rankings, continued

 

 

CHICAGO BULLS DIVISION

 

The Bulls have an all-time winning % of .509, a playoff winning % of .541, 6 championships in 6 finals appearances, and have made the playoffs 35 times in their 55 years.

 

 

14th place - 9 points

Frosty  - Bob Cousy, Pete Maravich, LeBron James, Willis Reed, Alonzo Mourning - Bn: Kevin Love, Bill Sharman, Glen Rice

Average Score: 5.33   Best: 12   Worst: 3

 

13th place - 12 points

Kev4029  - Steve Nash, Jerry West, Dave Debusschere, Karl Malone, Bill Walton - Bn: David Thompson, Nikola Jokic, Metta World Peace

Average Score: 5.89   Best: 14   Worst: 1

 

12th place - 15 points

Wikkidpissah  - Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Bernard King, Dave Cowens, Patrick Ewing - Bn: Earl Monroe, Gus Johnson, Ben Simmons

Average Score: 6.22   Best: 12   Worst: 2

 

11th place - 18 points

Modogg  - John Stockton, Michael Jordan, Connie Hawkins, Chris Bosh, Joel Embiid - Bn: Allen Iverson, Hal Greer, Rasheed Wallace

Average Score: 6.56   Best: 16   Worst: 2

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pantheon Rankings, continued

 

 

SAN ANTONIO SPURS DIVISION

 

The Spurs have an all-time winning % of .616, a playoff winning % of .551, 5 championships in 6 finals appearances, and have made the playoffs 39 times in their 45 years.

 

 

10th place - 21 points

Doug B  - Steph Curry, Mitch Richmond, Paul George, Kevin McHale, David Robinson - Bn: Billy Cunningham, Walt Bellamy, Lafayette Lever

Average Score: 8.11   Best: 14   Worst: 1

 

9th place - 24 points

Higgins  - Russell Westbrook, Reggie Miller, Julius Erving, Elvin Hayes, Artis Gilmore - Bn: Dikembe Mutombo, Maurice Cheeks, Eddie Jones

Average Score: 8.33   Best: 16   Worst: 3

 

8th place - 27 points

Yo Mama  - Nate Archibald, Klay Thompson, Elgin Baylor, Anthony Davis, Moses Malone - Bn: Sidney Moncrief, Robert Parish, Gail Goodrich

Average Score: 8.44   Best: 13   Worst: 4

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pantheon Rankings, continued

 

 

BOSTON CELTICS DIVISION

 

The Celtics have an all-time winning % of .591, a playoff winning % of .569, 17 championships in 21 finals appearances, and have made the playoffs 57 times in their 75 years.

 

 

7th place - 30 points

Trader Jake - Mark Price, George Gervin, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, George Mikan - Bn: Grant Hill, Chris Webber, Bobby Jones

Average Score: 9.44   Best: 14   Worst: 3

 

6th place - 33 points

Timschochet  - Walt Frazier, James Harden, James Worthy, Dennis Rodman, Wilt Chamberlain - Bn: Maurice Lucas, Vince Carter, Penny Hardaway

Average Score: 9.67   Best: 16   Worst: 2

 

5th place - 36 points

Gally - Chris Paul, Sam Jones, Scottie Pippen, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard - Bn: Bob Dandridge, Dave Bing, Dan Issel

Average Score: 10.89   Best: 16   Worst: 4

 

Edited by Yo Mama
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pantheon Rankings, continued

 

 

MINNEAPOLIS / LOS ANGELES LAKERS DIVISION

 

The Lakers have an all-time winning % of .595, a playoff winning % of .604, 17 championships in 32 finals appearances, and have made the playoffs 61 times in their 73 years.

 

 

4th place - 39 points

Ilov80s  - Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Dominique Wilkins, Bob Petit, Bill Russell - Bn: Bob McAdoo, Jimmy Butler, Jack Sikma

Average Score: 11.67   Best: 15   Worst: 5

 

3rd place - 42 points

Instinctive  - Oscar Robertson, Alvin Robertson, Kawhi Leonard, Dirk Nowitzki, Nate Thurmond - Bn: Chauncey Billups, Ben Wallace, Tracy McGrady

Average Score: 12.33   Best: 16   Worst: 2

 

2nd place - 45 points

Scoobus  - Jason Kidd, Ray Allen, Chris Mullin, Kevin Garnett , Shaquille O'Neal - Bn: Carmelo Anthony, Bruce Bowen, Rudy Gobert

Average Score: 12.67   Best: 16   Worst: 7

 

1st place - 48 points

Jayrod  - Damian Lillard, Dwyane Wade, Paul Pierce, G Antetokounmpo, K Abdul-Jabbar - Bn: Adrian Dantley, Dennis Johnson, Spencer Haywood

Average Score: 13.33   Best: 16   Worst: 1

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pantheon Final Rankings

 

48 pts - Jayrod  - Damian Lillard, Dwyane Wade, Paul Pierce, G Antetokounmpo, K Abdul-Jabbar - Bn: Adrian Dantley, Dennis Johnson, Spencer Haywood

45 pts - Scoobus  - Jason Kidd, Ray Allen, Chris Mullin, Kevin Garnett , Shaquille O'Neal - Bn: Carmelo Anthony, Bruce Bowen, Rudy Gobert

42 pts - Instinctive  - Oscar Robertson, Alvin Robertson, Kawhi Leonard, Dirk Nowitzki, Nate Thurmond - Bn: Chauncey Billups, Ben Wallace, Tracy McGrady

39 pts - Ilov80s  - Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Dominique Wilkins, Bob Petit, Bill Russell - Bn: Bob McAdoo, Jimmy Butler, Jack Sikma

36 pts - Gally - Chris Paul, Sam Jones, Scottie Pippen, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard - Bn: Bob Dandridge, Dave Bing, Dan Issel

33 pts - Timschochet  - Walt Frazier, James Harden, James Worthy, Dennis Rodman, Wilt Chamberlain - Bn: Maurice Lucas, Vince Carter, Penny Hardaway

30 pts - Trader Jake - Mark Price, George Gervin, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, George Mikan - Bn: Grant Hill, Chris Webber, Bobby Jones

27 pts - Yo Mama  - Nate Archibald, Klay Thompson, Elgin Baylor, Anthony Davis, Moses Malone - Bn: Sidney Moncrief, Robert Parish, Gail Goodrich

24 pts - Higgins  - Russell Westbrook, Reggie Miller, Julius Erving, Elvin Hayes, Artis Gilmore - Bn: Dikembe Mutombo, Maurice Cheeks, Eddie Jones

21 pts - Doug B  - Steph Curry, Mitch Richmond, Paul George, Kevin McHale, David Robinson - Bn: Billy Cunningham, Walt Bellamy, Lafayette Lever

18 pts - Modogg  - John Stockton, Michael Jordan, Connie Hawkins, Chris Bosh, Joel Embiid - Bn: Allen Iverson, Hal Greer, Rasheed Wallace

15 pts - Wikkidpissah  - Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Bernard King, Dave Cowens, Patrick Ewing - Bn: Earl Monroe, Gus Johnson, Ben Simmons

12 pts - Kev4029  - Steve Nash, Jerry West, Dave Debusschere, Karl Malone, Bill Walton - Bn: David Thompson, Nikola Jokic, Metta World Peace

9 pts - Frosty  - Bob Cousy, Pete Maravich, LeBron James, Willis Reed, Alonzo Mourning - Bn: Kevin Love, Bill Sharman, Glen Rice

6 pts - Mister CIA  - Gary Payton, Manu Ginobili, Kevin Durant, Terry Cummings, Hakeem Olajuwon - Bn: Robert Horry, Mark Aguirre, Jerry Lucas

3 pts - EYLive  - Kyrie Irving, Kobe Bryant, John Havlicek, Demarcus Cousins, Wes Unseld - Bn: Rick Barry, Bob Lanier, Shawn Marion

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pantheon Rankings Details

(High and Low rankings excluded from average scores)

 

48 - Jayrod  - 1,10,11,12,13,14,14,14,16,16,16

45 - Scoobus  - 7,7,10,10,13,14,15,15,15,15,16

42 - Instinctive  - 2,5,7,9,14,15,15,15,15,16,16

39 - Ilov80s  - 5,6,8,11,11,12,13,14,15,15,15

36 - Gally - 4,6,7,11,11,12,12,13,13,13,16

33 - Timschochet  - 2,2,6,9,9,10,10,11,14,16,16

30 - Trader Jake - 3,6,6,8,8,9,9,12,13,14,14

27 - Yo Mama  - 4,5,6,7,8,8,9,10,11,12,13

24 - Higgins  - 3,3,5,5,6,8,10,12,13,13,16

21 - Doug B  - 1,3,4,7,9,9,10,10,10,11,14

18 - Modogg  - 2,3,4,4,5,6,7,8,9,13,16

15 - Wikkidpissah  - 2,2,4,4,5,5,5,9,11,11,12

12 - Kev4029  - 1,3,3,4,4,6,7,8,8,10,14

9 - Frosty  - 3,3,3,4,4,5,6,7,7,9,12

6 - Mister CIA  - 1,1,2,2,2,5,6,7,8,8,12

3 - EYLive  - 1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,11,12

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Combined Standings (Regular Season, Pantheon)

 

128 - Scoobus  (Reg: 51, BIS: 32, Pan: 45)

 

121 - Jayrod  (Reg: 55, BIS: 18, Pan: 48 )

 

111 - Gally (Reg: 49, BIS: 26, Pan: 36)

111 - Instinctive  (Reg: 57, BIS: 12, Pan: 42)

 

104 - Trader Jake (Reg: 64, BIS: 10, Pan: 30)

104 - Yo Mama  (Reg: 63, BIS: 14, Pan: 27)

100 - Ilov80s  (Reg: 45, BIS: 16, Pan: 39)

96 - Higgins  (Reg: 44, BIS: 28, Pan: 24)

 

91 - Wikkidpissah  (Reg: 52, BIS: 24, Pan: 15)

87 - Modogg  (Reg: 39, BIS: 30, Pan: 18 )

86 - Frosty  (Reg: 55, BIS: 22, Pan: 9)

84 - Timschochet  (Reg: 47, BIS: 4, Pan: 33)

 

73 - Mister CIA  (Reg: 47, BIS: 20, Pan: 6)

72 - Kev4029  (Reg: 54, BIS: 6, Pan: 12)

72 - Doug B  (Reg: 49, BIS: 2, Pan: 21)

 

56 - EYLive  (Reg: 45, BIS: 8, Pan: 3)

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I’d get some Best in Show fatigue, quite surprised actually.

Thanks for running this Yo Mama, you crushed it! And thanks to everyone else for the commentary and debate, I learned a lot about guys from previous eras I never knew much about.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

Phew, all done!

Just for historical purposes I had Dolph Schayes on my pantheon squad instead of Issel.  If Schayes improves my scores then revote if not then leave it as is....hahaha

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

Pantheon Rankings Details

(High and Low rankings excluded from average scores)

 

48 - Jayrod  - 1,10,11,12,13,14,14,14,16,16,16

45 - Scoobus  - 7,7,10,10,13,14,15,15,15,15,16

42 - Instinctive  - 2,5,7,9,14,15,15,15,15,16,16

39 - Ilov80s  - 5,6,8,11,11,12,13,14,15,15,15

36 - Gally - 4,6,7,11,11,12,12,13,13,13,16

33 - Timschochet  - 2,2,6,9,9,10,10,11,14,16,16

30 - Trader Jake - 3,6,6,8,8,9,9,12,13,14,14

27 - Yo Mama  - 4,5,6,7,8,8,9,10,11,12,13

24 - Higgins  - 3,3,5,5,6,8,10,12,13,13,16

21 - Doug B  - 1,3,4,7,9,9,10,10,10,11,14

18 - Modogg  - 2,3,4,4,5,6,7,8,9,13,16

15 - Wikkidpissah  - 2,2,4,4,5,5,5,9,11,11,12

12 - Kev4029  - 1,3,3,4,4,6,7,8,8,10,14

9 - Frosty  - 3,3,3,4,4,5,6,7,7,9,12

6 - Mister CIA  - 1,1,2,2,2,5,6,7,8,8,12

3 - EYLive  - 1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,11,12

 

:jawdrop:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gally said:

Just for historical purposes I had Dolph Schayes on my pantheon squad instead of Issel.  If Schayes improves my scores then revote if not then leave it as is....hahaha

I dinged you for having Dolph.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gally said:

Just for historical purposes I had Dolph Schayes on my pantheon squad instead of Issel.  If Schayes improves my scores then revote if not then leave it as is....hahaha

Rats. Another one I fixed on my excel copy, but not my write up. Sorry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

Pantheon Rankings Details

(High and Low rankings excluded from average scores)

 

48 - Jayrod  - 1,10,11,12,13,14,14,14,16,16,16

45 - Scoobus  - 7,7,10,10,13,14,15,15,15,15,16

42 - Instinctive  - 2,5,7,9,14,15,15,15,15,16,16

 

Glad we excluded high and low. Some of the 1s and 2s are hilarious, reeking of trying to knock back top teams in some cases. That any of these top 3 teams had any votes in the bottom half is ridiculous.

 

Congrats to @Jayrod on a well deserved Pantheon title! And to @scoobuson runner-up.

 

Big thanks to @Yo Mama for running the whole thing as well. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo mamma...when you set up the head to head tournament, please lay out the criteria.  If this a one game match with each player at their peak or is it a best of 35 over a five year period.  This will make a huge difference in some of my selections.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was the throw-out score for @wikkidpissah(i had him at 12 but two other's were at 11 so not totally out of whack), @scoobus (I had him at 16 as the only guy for that but plenty of 15's so in the realm), tied for top score for @trader jake at 14 and tied for @EYLive worst at 1 (but there were plenty that thought the same).   

Everyone else I was basically in the middle of the scoring band.  

Edited by Gally
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gally said:

I was the throw-out score for Wikkid (i had him at 12 but two other's were at 11 so not totally out of whack), Scoobus (I had him at 16 as the only guy for that but plenty of 15's so in the realm), tied for top score for Jake at 14 and tied for EY Live worst at 1.  

Everyone else I was basically in the middle of the scoring band.  

Kev was my big outlier - I was his 14. I think I consistently took the most aggressive approach to players at their peak and not discounting for injuries when I saw greatness (e.g., Walton). 

I had what I think was a clear cut top 5 of me, Jayrod, Kev, Higgins, and Ilov80s (not in that order but I'm too lazy to go look up exact order).

I had a clear cut bottom 2 of EY and CIA.

Everyone else was painstakingly close in my eyes. Was really tough to try and differentiate from 11 to 3.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

Final Combined Standings (Regular Season, Pantheon)

128 - Scoobus  (Reg: 51, BIS: 32, Pan: 45)

121 - Jayrod  (Reg: 55, BIS: 18, Pan: 48 )

Glad to see that even a couple of spots in the BIS wouldn't have made a difference.  Congrats @scoobus!

I'm actually surprised I won the pantheon contest.  Didn't think Lillard & Pierce would be given enough credit, even with Kareem/Giannis.

I'd love to go back and see what would have happened if I had taken LeBron first instead of Kareem...that was a tough call at the time and obviously effected everything afterward.

And a sincere thanks to @Yo Mama!  This was the most enjoyable thing I've ever been a part of in the FFA.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

(1) Congrats to Scoobus and the other fellas at the top!

(2) I have no problem finishing outside of the top-3 since there are many knowledgeable folks here. I am surprised, however, that (in pantheon) two people gave me 3 & two people gave me 5 -- out of curiosity (for those raters):  was it either because of Russ Westbrook being a selfish PG -or- my reliance on career rankings? Just curious....

(3) I want to reiterate something I alluded to above -- there are many knowledgeable folks from this draft & I learned from all y'all. :thumbup:

(4) Thanks to @Yo Mama

(5) What & when is the next sports draft?  :popcorn:

Edited by higgins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, higgins said:

(1) I have no problem finishing outside of the top-3 since there are many knowledgeable fellas here. I am surprised, however, that two people gave me 3 & two people gave me 5 -- out of curiosity (for those raters):  was it either because of Russ Westbrook being a selfish PG -or- my reliance one carer rankings? Just curious....

(2) I want to reiterate something I alluded to above -- there are many knowledgeable folks from this draft & I learned from all y'all.

(3) When & what is the next sports draft?  :popcorn:

I was one of the 5's but that is very deceiving as I had the 10-5 spots basically the same.  I dinged you for the bench and that I didn't think your defense was quite as good as some of the others.  It really was picking nits and I thought everyone had quality teams.  

 

ETA:  It was so close that if I did my rankings today from a fresh look I wouldn't be surprised if that group flipped quite a bit and you could have ended up quite a bit higher.  It was that close.  

Edited by Gally
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Yo mamma...when you set up the head to head tournament, please lay out the criteria.  If this a one game match with each player at their peak or is it a best of 35 over a five year period.  This will make a huge difference in some of my selections.

Is there still a desire to do the head to head voting for Pantheon?  If everyone still wants to do it, I probably won’t be able to kick it off until Friday at the earliest unless someone else wants to drive it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great draft overall, and I'll echo others giving props to Yo Mama - excellent idea, execution, and administration.  We all know it wasn't easy, but you made it look that way.  Thank you very much for keeping this thing on the rails throughout.  Thanks!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, higgins said:

(1) Congrats to Scoobus and the other fellas at the top!

(2) I have no problem finishing outside of the top-3 since there are many knowledgeable folks here. I am surprised, however, that (in pantheon) two people gave me 3 & two people gave me 5 -- out of curiosity (for those raters):  was it either because of Russ Westbrook being a selfish PG -or- my reliance on career rankings? Just curious....

(3) I want to reiterate something I alluded to above -- there are many knowledgeable folks from this draft & I learned from all y'all. :thumbup:

(4) Thanks to @Yo Mama

(5) What & when is the next sports draft?  :popcorn:

Agreed on everything. 
 

Congrats to Scoobus!

 

We had a great group of drafters with lots of awesome conversation and very little drama. Hope I wasn’t to anal with all my rules and process. 

 

Next draft - Curling!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yo Mama said:

Final Combined Standings (Regular Season, Pantheon)

111 - Gally (Reg: 49, BIS: 26, Pan: 36)

104 - Trader Jake (Reg: 64, BIS: 10, Pan: 30)

 

 

 

@trader jakelooks like our draft slot trade was a big benefit to me!  hahahahaha

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yo Mama said:

 

Next draft - Curling!

howzabout an "Also Rans" draft?

greatest teams/players/coaches/etc who never won the 'chip or MVP or finished tops in their discipline. 

this can be broken down to individual seasons/competitions, not just careers ... 

ya feelin' this? 

too much of a stretch?

dunno - spitballin'

I'M GETTING GOLF SIZED HAIL ATM!!!

ETA- no more hail. 

 

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Yo Mama changed the title to ***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Scoobus is Champion!)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...