Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Scoobus is Champion!)

9 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

I liked the idea I think Frosty had where we draft a team of current players. We could do a big head to head tournament afterward potentially. 

I would think that would be a lot like a fantasy baseball draft if everyone has to be active players

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

12.14 Arvydas Sabonis C 90s Most of the richest people in Australia are in satellite communications. Without satellites, they wouldnt get no media Down Under, so they were on it early. 35 ye

Sorry guys. Probably won’t be able to do results today. One of my dogs has pretty bad cancer and isn’t doing too well. I need to take care of him today.    I’ll do the results tomorrow. 

Hey guys, my NBA interest started to wane with the ascension of MJ / decline of the Bad Boys. I don’t think I would be able to render quality judging in the remaining decades so I’m going to bow out.

46 minutes ago, Gally said:

@trader jakelooks like our draft slot trade was a big benefit to me!  hahahahaha

😄 Team Trader Jake won the regular season title, but couldn't sustain the momentum in the BIS or Pantheon.  I now know how Dirk Nowitzki felt in 2007. 🤕

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, trader jake said:

😄 Team Trader Jake won the regular season title, but couldn't sustain the momentum in the BIS or Pantheon.  I now know how Dirk Nowitzki felt in 2007. 🤕

Too well balanced and not enough star power. A sadly appropriate description of the 2007 Mavs as well. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Gally said:

So would I have finished first with Issel over Dolph?  

I would have scored Issel lower than Dolph since I didn't get ABA the full credit I did NBA so it all evens out for you. Dolph also had 12x All Star and 12x All NBA which was a pretty big score for me. 

Edited by Ilov80s

Echo all the other statements. Thanks for putting this on,it was a blast. The commish and drafters were all great and I would gladly join a draft with you all again. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Instinctive said:

Honestly kind of want to do the whole thing again except I take Bird, and then again except I take Duncan (and put him in his proper position of C all career ;) )

Or maybe I could just not get the friggin’ last pick

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, scoobus said:

Somehow getting Shaq at 14 was pretty amazing.

Yeah, you getting Shaq to fall and me getting Kareem set us up nicely to start.  Not sure how Frosty screwed up having LeBron fall to him.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
31 minutes ago, scoobus said:

I was between Shaq and Duncan and decided to go Duncan for some flexibility if I wanted to bump him to Center or PF.  I had them fairly equivalent and I thought Duncan had a more consistent/longer peak. 

46 minutes ago, Gally said:

I was between Shaq and Duncan and decided to go Duncan for some flexibility if I wanted to bump him to Center or PF.  I had them fairly equivalent and I thought Duncan had a more consistent/longer peak. 

I like Duncan better as well, but Shaq should have gone around 10-12 range.

ETA: and my objective rankings actually had Duncan #4 overall.  I usually put him around #8 in my all time lists, though.

Edited by Jayrod
  • Yo Mama changed the title to ***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Scoobus is Champion!)

I'm kind of disappointed by the judging.

I put extra emphasis on clutch performance for the pantheon roster.  Yeah, maybe I don't go 74‐8 with Robert Horry playing significant minutes, but maybe I go 4-3 when it counts. 

Same for Ginobili. I probably overestimated Ginobili for snatching the gold medal from the USA in 2004, or did I?

My inquiring mind wonders, who were the 2004 USA Olympians? And why did they lose?

Hope I don't sound too serious here. This was all great fun.

Thanks, Mom.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gally said:
5 hours ago, scoobus said:

I only had time for voting in the Best In Show Polls, but Shaq just always felt unstoppable at his peak. He wouldn't be nearly as good in the modern game without learning to shoot, but it is easy to imagine him dominating the paint in all eras given his freakish physicality. I think that helped him in the rankings over players that had better careers.

:2cents:

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure when we revote the post 10s after this playoffs, my team will leapfrog to the top of them and 1 or 2 in best in show, leaving me the winner.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Instinctive said:

Pretty sure when we revote the post 10s after this playoffs, my team will leapfrog to the top of them and 1 or 2 in best in show, leaving me the winner.

Giannis' team sweep and Lillard's 55 pts last game say hi.

Edited by Jayrod

I might have botched my 2010s+ team but I think Devin Booker is the big winner so far