What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HBO Hard Knocks 2021 - Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

I wanna see em force one of the holier than thou franchises like the Giants or Steelers for once.

-QG

I wanna see em force one of the holier than thou franchises like the Giants or Steelers for once.

-QG
In that same vein I hope it's Green Bay. The history and community are great side stories and the relationship between Rodgers and Love will draw viewers. Hard-core fantasy folks will also be interested to see how the RB's(assuming Jones leaves) and WR2/WR3 shakes out.

The Jaguars are exempt given that they have Urban Meyer as a first-year head coach; however, they would make for an interesting season:

• Trevor Lawrence 
  • Urban Meyer 
  • Tim Tebow 

With everything going on.....and what may turn out to be a huge change.....The Packers.

Cowboys, Panthers, Giants, Broncos, Cardinals are the 5 Teams eligible to be featured. I think the show could do better...

Cowboys, Panthers, Giants, Broncos, Cardinals are the 5 Teams eligible to be featured. I think the show could do better...
Has to be the Cowboys, right? Jerry Jones wouldn’t pass up an opportunity for more screen time, right?

There used to be a topic listed in this forum about how the teams featured did that year. Any team ever make it to the Super Bowl?

Of these squads, have to say oddly enough that it should be the Cardinals.  If AR goes to Denver then it simply HAS to be them.

Tampa would be great to see. I could see both TB and BA being very welcoming of the camera time. Hasn't BA done one of these before? Or were Cards on the Amazon one? It all blurs together.

I wish it was the Lions. Maybe next year. I know the new staff would absolutely love it. 
Who doesn't want to see players who "bite some kneecaps" and "#### people up, push 'em back, just make 'em feel like ####"?

• The GM and Motor City Dan Campbell have people ready to run through brick walls
  • 20 year OT who is a generational talent
  • QB looking to write a redemption story in a new town new state after being west coast his whole life
  • you got the NFL version of the Ball family coming to town
  • Okudah switching to Slay's old number after a disastrous rookie campaign
  • Jamaal Williams is whole ### vibe all by himself
  • Hock is The Dude
  • Sheila Hamp Ford is a great story in the way she has changed the culture in this offseason
  • We could even check in on Megatron's PRIME Medical Cannabis Dispensary.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's per an agreement between the NFL and its 32 teams regarding eligibility for the show: Since 2014, franchises are not required to be included as potential "Hard Knocks" participants if they 1.) have a first-year head coach, 2.) have made the playoffs in the last two seasons, or 3.) have appeared on the show in the past 10 years. Teams are, however, also allowed to volunteer for inclusion.
Sign us the #### up. Who else is contemplating replacing their mascot with an actual live big cat.

Who doesn't want to see players who "bite some kneecaps" and "#### people up, push 'em back, just make 'em feel like ####"?

• The GM and Motor City Dan Campbell have people ready to run through brick walls
  • 20 year OT who is a generational talent
  • QB looking to write a redemption story in a new town new state after being west coast his whole life
  • you got the NFL version of the Ball family coming to town
  • Okudah switching to Slay's old number after a disastrous rookie campaign
  • Jamaal Williams is whole ### vibe all by himself
  • Hock is The Dude
  • Sheila Hamp Ford is a great story in the way she has changed the culture in this offseason
  • We could even check in on Megatron's PRIME Medical Cannabis Dispensary.
Yeah Detroit would be a great choice. Would HBO want that? The storylines and entertainment value is there but I’m not sure if it would be apparent on the surface to the casual fan. Though maybe casual fans don’t watch the show to begin with. 

If we’re talking teams allowing the rules to be broken, any of the top 3 teams in this year’s draft would be great choices.

Yay. Can't wait to listen to Jerry endlessly talk about the Super Bowl when his team hasn't been close to it for 25 years. 

ETA:  :sarcasm:

Yay. Can't wait to listen to Jerry endlessly talk about the Super Bowl when his team hasn't been close to it for 25 years. 

ETA:  :sarcasm:
Jerry is a good dude. I used to loath him but I understand why he does what he does. 

But Jerry the person is a good man. He’s done A LOT for every person who has ever been on his payroll.

Huh. Lot of fantasy football interest for me with the Cowboys. Got a few of them in dynasty. I don't get HBO, though, so I'll only get the info. second hand. Should be interesting. They've got one of the best offenses in the league and their defense should be slightly improved with their first-round pick of Parsons. We shall see how quickly he adjusts to the pro game. It really is too bad they got sniped at corner in the draft, though.

1. McCarthy will be shown to be the doofus he is.

2. Blake Jarwin will fly up draft boards.

I’m starving for anything football. After initially being concerned that the “extra” media attention would be a distraction I was reminded that maybe 15 years ago, but today it won’t be any different than any other year. 

Im looking forward to it. 

The Cowboys seem perfect for this. Super interested to see some of the Dak Prescott injury stuff. 
McCarthy did not seem all that sympathetic when Dak was explaining his forearm issues.

Also, McCarthy's rah-rah speech came off as hollow and inauthentic when put into the context of him wasting the prime years of an all-time player with poor game planning, a simplistic playbook and an obstinance to any kind of change. 

Users who are viewing this thread