What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Swenson's Burger Drive-In Northeast Ohio (1 Viewer)

Does the brown sugar make the burger taste a bit sweet?  Do you dress yours up like The Galley Boy?
a little, but it doesn't hit you in the face

it's more that people tend to say, "what's that I taste? ...it's really good but I can't place it."

ETA:  I get the double cheeseburger - same thing but no bbq or tartar sauce - just not my thing, but most people love it.  The buns are butter toasted too.

Last edited by a moderator:
a little, but it doesn't hit you in the face

it's more that people tend to say, "what's that I taste? ...it's really good but I can't place it."

ETA:  I get the double cheeseburger - same thing but no bbq or tartar sauce - just not my thing, but most people love it.  The buns are butter toasted too.
Tartar sauce? Is this a fish sandwich or somethin’?

Funny, I lived in NE Ohio a good portion of my life (well about 35 years), graduated from the University of Akron and have never, NEVER eaten at Swenson's.

I feel like less of a man now  :kicksrock:

I guess that makes sense if you're a mayonnaise and pickles type.   
I’ve never looked at the ingredients of tartar sauce but assumes it’s pickles, Mayo and spices - doesn’t seem like a huge stretch to put on a burger and I’d imagine it’s pretty good.

AAABatteries said:
I’ve never looked at the ingredients of tartar sauce but assumes it’s pickles, Mayo and spices - doesn’t seem like a huge stretch to put on a burger and I’d imagine it’s pretty good.
I've been told the key is the tartar sauce - bbq sauce combo ...I've had it - just ok for me, but I'm not a big tartar sauce guy - not a sweet pickle fan.

I'm there for the double cheeseburgers and their shakes.  

AAABatteries said:
Tartar is Mayo/sweet pickles

Pickles on a cheeseburger are usually dill

That said, I’d try it, why not?

eta: a little lemon juice in tartar sauce is good too imo

Tartar is Mayo/sweet pickles

Pickles on a cheeseburger are usually dill

That said, I’d try it, why not?

eta: a little lemon juice in tartar sauce is good too imo
Many suggest that the tartar/mayo sauce might be Miracle Whip.  I 'member when a grilled cheese with MW was the bomb.  Many years ago... probably an acquired taste.

AAABatteries said:
The tartar sauce I get around here has lemon juice in it . Sometimes parsley , maybe chives , always pickle and onion. Can’t see the lemon playing on a burger at all but then again this burger has brown sugar in it 

I've been told the key is the tartar sauce - bbq sauce combo ...I've had it - just ok for me, but I'm not a big tartar sauce guy - not a sweet pickle fan.
I can't even comprehend what you're talking about here.  BBQ sauce?

Sweet pickles?  Tartar sauce is made with dill.

I want to clarify that the burgers I eat with tartar sauce definitely don't have brown sugar in them.  That's ridiculous.

I can't even comprehend what you're talking about here.  BBQ sauce?

Sweet pickles?  Tartar sauce is made with dill.
did you watch the video?  

Swenson's is best known for the "Galley Boy" which is a double burger that has their tartar sauce on the bottom bun, cheese between the two patties and bbq sauce on the top.  

not a fan of mayo on burgers

more of a ketchup/mustard guy

however I will do barbecue sauce on a burger, especially if the burger is half beef/half ground pork. 

did you watch the video?  

Swenson's is best known for the "Galley Boy" which is a double burger that has their tartar sauce on the bottom bun, cheese between the two patties and bbq sauce on the top.  
Huh. May have to try making this this weekend. 

not a fan of mayo on burgers

more of a ketchup/mustard guy

however I will do barbecue sauce on a burger, especially if the burger is half beef/half ground pork. 
I really like the Mayo and bbq combo for burgers (probably 2nd after Big Mac sauce). 

I usually add worchester (sp?) sauce as well so not opposed to a bit of the sweetness. 

I’m intrigued by the burger being discussed in here.  

I really like the Mayo and bbq combo for burgers (probably 2nd after Big Mac sauce)

I usually add worchester (sp?) sauce as well so not opposed to a bit of the sweetness. 

You mean thousand island dressing?

I really like the Mayo and bbq combo for burgers (probably 2nd after Big Mac sauce). 

I do too.  I always put 1/4 of worcestershire sauce to 1 lb of ground beef.  It is a very nice subtle flavor that wakes up the burger.   Not sure how it would mesh with brown sugar,

I do too.  I always put 1/4 of worcestershire sauce to 1 lb of ground beef.  It is a very nice subtle flavor that wakes up the burger.   Not sure how it would mesh with brown sugar,
Samsonite. I was waaaaaay off. 

Funny, I lived in NE Ohio a good portion of my life (well about 35 years), graduated from the University of Akron and have never, NEVER eaten at Swenson's.

I feel like less of a man now  :kicksrock:
Locations were not far from U of A at all.  You should have tried it at least once!  Anyway, IMO, Swenson's is overrated.  It's not bad for a quick burger, but it's nothing special.  

Got me Binks, i don't even eat burgers any more but I enjoyed watching the video on the 2 burger joints. I miss some of the chains I enjoyed in SoCal like Tommy's and of course In n Out which we don't have here.

Live in Florida and our beef sucks but luckily we are surrounded by water and fresh fish. 

Users who are viewing this thread