What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this Lamb trade worth it? (1 Viewer)

12 team, 1 QB, .5 PPR:

Last year's champ and have a great roster but no picks until mid way through the 3rd round this year.  Really trying to get in to the 1st.

Give:

Ceedee Lamb, 4.4, and 2022 1st (projected very late, probably 11 or 12)

Got:

Jalen Reagor, 1.5, 1.9, and 5.11

My Roster is:

QB - Dak, Wentz, Big Ben, Darnold

RB - Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, Montgomery, Gio, Edwards, Snell, and Eno Benjamin

WR - Adams, Hill, Lamb, Shepard, Perriman, and Cephus

TE - Kelce and Kittle

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't do it, myself. 4th and 5th rounders can mostly be disregarded, so you're basically getting next year's 1.10-ish pick early, by swapping it for the 1.09 this year, and after that you're just trading Lamb for the 1.05 + Reagor. Not terrible or anything, I like Reagor as a cheap "post-hype sleeper" target or whatever you want to call him. But the 1.05 in my league would likely be either top receiver (can't really be a better prospect than Lamb at this point when they're all unproven in NFL) or maybe a Gainwell/Carter RB. (Obviously depending upon what changes between now and fantasy draft time, i.e., "a lot".)

Jonesin For Some Football said:
12 team, 1 QB, .5 PPR:

Last year's champ and have a great roster but no picks until mid way through the 3rd round this year.  Really trying to get in to the 1st.

Give:

Ceedee Lamb, 4.4, and 2022 1st (projected very late, probably 11 or 12)

Got:

Jalen Reagor, 1.5, 1.9, and 5.11

My Roster is:

QB - Dak, Wentz, Big Ben, Darnold

RB - Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, Montgomery, Gio, Edwards, Snell, and Eno Benjamin

WR - Adams, Hill, Lamb, Shepard, Perriman, and Cephus

TE - Kelce and Kittle
Don't like it at all...

I am not a fan either.  It's basically 1.05/Reagor for Lamb and That is way under valued to me. 

It actually got changed because he didn't want to move 2 1sts in the this year's draft.  He dropped the 22 1st and the 4th/5th swap.  It ended up getting completed as:

1.5, 2023 1st, and Jalen Reagor

Straight up for:

Lamb

It actually got changed because he didn't want to move 2 1sts in the this year's draft.  He dropped the 22 1st and the 4th/5th swap.  It ended up getting completed as:

Straight up for:

Lamb
Still don't really like it.  I would rather have Lamb.  

I am curious why you are so desperate to get "back into the 1st round".  Lamb would be very high in the rankings if in the draft this year.  You essentially already have your "1st rounder" for this year.  Seems like you are forcing it a bit just to get a pick rather than to actually improve your team.  

Straight up for:

Lamb
I like that a lot better. 2 years is a long time to wait, but a "1st round pick eventually," is a 1st round pick still. Not 100% sure if I'd take it had I been offered it, but I very well might.

I am forcing just a bit as I want to be involved in the draft.  Plus, I had just got Lamb and a 22 1st for Jacobs so Lamb wasn't really a plan to begin with.  It may not have been a great trade but I ended up getting Reagor, a 22 1st, a 23 1st, 1.5 and 4.9 for Jacobs and 6.4 which is what I was trying to get for Jacobs before I got Lamb so I was kind of looking at the overall more.

I am forcing just a bit as I want to be involved in the draft.  Plus, I had just got Lamb and a 22 1st for Jacobs so Lamb wasn't really a plan to begin with.  It may not have been a great trade but I ended up getting Reagor, a 22 1st, a 23 1st, 1.5 and 4.9 for Jacobs and 6.4 which is what I was trying to get for Jacobs before I got Lamb so I was kind of looking at the overall more.
I don't think that's a bad net result at all. But yeah, been there done that, as far as the "forcing to get into the draft" thing. It may not be ideal strategy, but I love the excitement of rookie picks. I think fun has to play a role in fantasy decisions sometimes unless the whole game is strictly an investment endeavor (in which case, find a better investment endeavor).

Mistake, IMO.  You don't give up the proven shiny new toy for an unproven shiny new toy because you want to be involved in the draft.  Make some lesser deals and trade into the bottom of the round, or the second.   Maybe really do your homework and target a guy that might fall.

It could work to your favor but Lamb looks like a stud and is 22 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread