What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PSA/Advertisement - Of Course Bitcoin Worked And Is The Future - Libertarians Love It (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Has there been a better track record with monetary economics than the libertarian movement? As soon as Bitcoin was being hailed as the next big monetary thing by libertarians, I knew it'd be huge. Go Ron Paul! Audit the Fed! Before it crashes our economy because we've increased the money supply by 25% in four years. What's the Gold Standard besides gold? Bitcoin!

This PSA brought to you by rockaction, proud truster in libertarian monetary economics since he couldn't understand anything written by Milton Friedman but knew it passed the smell test. It's one of those shortcuts in life. If libertarians believe in a monetary system, go invest in it.

Dogecoin doesn't live like Bitcoin, but Bitcoin is furiously rising.

Bitcoin is an environmental disaster.  It's also dangerously speculative for anyone wishing to use it for transactional purposes.

Bitcoin is an environmental disaster.  It's also dangerously speculative for anyone wishing to use it for transactional purposes.
Nowhere near the disaster of good old fashioned manipulated currency of the state.

Funny how decentralized money brings out the good old statism on the left. Wait, what? We can't devalue currency forever? Well, what about the electricity it is using?! And speculation?!!!!!

These things are state monopolies that should never be challenged!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowhere near the disaster of good old fashioned manipulated currency of the state.

Funny how decentralized money brings out the good old statism on the left. Wait, what? We can't devalue currency forever? Well, what about the electricity it is using?! And speculation?!!!!!

These things are state monopolies that should never be challenged!
I don't understand any of these criticisms.

I'm not necessarily against decentralized currency.  I'm against Bitcoin specifically.

supermike80 said:
I'm old because I don't understand how bitcoin works, I don't know how to get it/save it/spend it, I don't trust it, and I'm scared to invest in it.
Wheat pennies for the win.

Rich Conway said:
Elon Musk should start mining bitcoin on the moon.   Use solar energy and route the power to server farms on the dark side.  No cooling necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread