What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2 Keeper Question (1 Viewer)

danashort

Footballguy
12 team PPR 2 keeper league..whoever you decide to keep you lose that rd in which the player was drafted...here are my top 3

A. Gibson 8th rd

C. Akers 3rd rd

Metcalf 7th rd

obviously, metcalf in the 7th would be a no brainer...but am i wrong in thinking to keep both rbs and drafting metcalf in the 1st rd? I have the 5th pick but the top 3 guys ahead of me have 1st rd keepers...what are everyones thoughts on who i should keep next year?

i also have godwin in the 9th tee higgins in the 16th mclaurin in the 2nd that i could use

With that few keepers I typically think of it as a redraft and just keep the best two players regardless of round unless there is a glaring value discrepancy.  It doesn't look like you have that much of a glaring discrepancy (Metcalf in the 7th is nice but with the crash of the 2nd half and the press about returning to run heavy it might not be much of a discrepancy in actual production).

For me I would probably be keeping Akers and Gibson (a month from now and that may change as things start happening).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a Keeper league like this and I like value.  Not sure why you wouldn't keep Metcalf and Gibson in the 7th and 8th respectively, then draft Akers in the 1st (as the 4 picks in front of you are keeping someone else there), and so you get all 3 but you get to keep your 3rd rounder instead of the 7th for not taking Metcalf?  Unless you really think that 1 person without a 1st round keeper would take him over all other options.

I'm in a Keeper league like this and I like value.  Not sure why you wouldn't keep Metcalf and Gibson in the 7th and 8th respectively, then draft Akers in the 1st (as the 4 picks in front of you are keeping someone else there), and so you get all 3 but you get to keep your 3rd rounder instead of the 7th for not taking Metcalf?  Unless you really think that 1 person without a 1st round keeper would take him over all other options.
The reason I keep Akers in the 3rd is that it gives you more flexibility at pick 1 to take someone better than Akers if it presents itself.  You still have Akers in the 3rd and it opens up possibilities in the 1st.  You aren't keeping enough players to make value supersede talent....at least in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread