What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Meghan Markle (1 Viewer)

Yeah, her whole persona just seems fake and manipulative.  But the idea of a royal family in 2021 is beyond stupid, so good for her.

Are they totally cut off financially? I find that hard to believe.

Yeah, her whole persona just seems fake and manipulative.  But the idea of a royal family in 2021 is beyond stupid, so good for her.

Are they totally cut off financially? I find that hard to believe.
Harry inherited money from his mother's estate. That can't be taken away from him.

Yeah, this whole thing just seems silly.
Once again, the United Kingdom has screwed things up.  Lots of other countries can have royals without being so dumb about it.

But you're right, there's no need or anything good that comes from a royal family.  You know what flag was on my bag when I lived in Madrid.

this country cares why?  look, i understand harry’s mom died, but i think many other people have also had a parent pass.  

Once again, the United Kingdom has screwed things up.  Lots of other countries can have royals without being so dumb about it.

But you're right, there's no need or anything good that comes from a royal family.  You know what flag was on my bag when I lived in Madrid.
It seems like UK plays it up more as a way to gin up nostalgia in its former colonies/commonwealth nations. Americans, of course, will eat up the reality TV style drama of this all.

Interestingly, I was in London during this wedding and met a few Americans who were just there for it. Blew my mind. I went to watch Spurs beat Leicester 5-4 in Wembley while it was going on :lol:  

How accurate is The Crown on Netflix? Because this interview basically supports everything coming out of that show (which doesn't paint the institution in the best light).

Cliffs notes on content of the interview?
The British royal family sucks, tabloids suck, some royals are racist, and Meghan was suicidal at one point. 

Oh, and Charles wouldn't take calls from his son for some time period. 

Last edited by a moderator:
can these 2 go away and shut up and stop whining?  things are so tough for us.  jeez.  put them in reality for an afternoon, now that’s a show.
The whole point is they ARE trying to go away. The royal family and tabloids won't leave them alone.

I thought the $7M figure was what the network made in ad sales for during the interview.
CBS paid Oprah’s production company up to $9 million for the broadcast rights. The network charged $325K for a 30 second commercial. Harry and Meghan apparently did not get paid anything. 

Why does anyone care about them enough to pay them money?
Clearly people care. More people may have watched their interview than watched the SB. Can’t explain why, but the world is a pretty big place and the Royal Family is big news in many other places. 

Why does anyone care about them enough to pay them money?
I dunno, why do you care about football? People like what they like and the royals have been a topic of conversation for centuries now. It’s weird to me people are constantly surprised by this. 

I dunno, why do you care about football? People like what they like and the royals have been a topic of conversation for centuries now. It’s weird to me people are constantly surprised by this. 
I’m not surprised.  I just don’t understand it.   The royals should have been booted out decades ago.

Per my wife “this is her Super Bowl”. Her mom was a big royal follower and she hasn’t followed suit (thank god) but she was excited for this. 
I believe everything that was said. The royals have a symbiotic relationship with British media. They need them to remain relevant, but hate them at the same time. 

That whole “institution” seems archaic and messed up so don’t mind seeing it get knocked down a bit. 

One thing not mentioned above. Harry said he was trapped and is now free. He said his dad and brother are trapped and don’t even know it, just like he used to be. Thought that was interesting and rang true. 

Users who are viewing this thread