What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (1 Viewer)

NorvilleBarnes

Footballguy
TX Natl Guard deployed to respond to Biden's border crisis. Operation Lone Star

“The crisis at our southern border continues to escalate because of Biden Administration policies that refuse to secure the border and invite illegal immigration,” the governor said in a written statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
TX Natl Guard deployed to respond to Biden's border crisis. Operation Lone Star

“The crisis at our southern border continues to escalate because of Biden Administration policies that refuse to secure the border and invite illegal immigration,” the governor said in a written statement.
He sees his poor National security as a way to secure future votes, he doesn’t care. 

Biden sets a record for "kids in cages". LINK

Shelters received more than 7,000 migrant children in February due to a marked increase in the number of unaccompanied minors entering U.S. border custody, according to preliminary government data reviewed by CBS News. 

The numbers in March indicate the steady rise has continued.

Shelters received more than 7,000 migrant children in February due to a marked increase in the number of unaccompanied minors entering U.S. border custody, according to preliminary government data reviewed by CBS News. 

The bolded is still the key and the difference in what so many articles were about in the past.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
This is what I don`t understand about Dems.   I like many policies but never understand why they are so weak and lax about border security.  They can`t actually stand for many thing as well as protecting our borders.   

Mark Bednar

@MarkBednar

DHS says 117,000 unaccompanied migrant children are expected to cross the border this year - but Biden does not consider it a crisis: Reporter: "Is there a crisis at the border, sir?" President Biden: "No, we should be able to handle it."

This is what I don`t understand about Dems.   I like many policies but never understand why they are so weak and lax about border security.  They can`t actually stand for many thing as well as protecting our borders.   
Except this seems slightly off from the actual thinking of dems and border security.  Wall and a bunch of men with guns may not be what they want...but that does not mean they don't really care about protecting the borders (and lets be honest, seems only one border was cared about as far as protecting it under the previous administration).

Its just Democrats plans are more dealing with immigration, foreign aid, and things working on the root causes of why people try coming here illegally.  Vs....lets build a wall and make even legal immigration harder.

This does not mean Biden is doing a good job with this right now.  He isn't.  Its a definite situation that needs more attention now.

Except this seems slightly off from the actual thinking of dems and border security.  Wall and a bunch of men with guns may not be what they want...but that does not mean they don't really care about protecting the borders (and lets be honest, seems only one border was cared about as far as protecting it under the previous administration).

Its just Democrats plans are more dealing with immigration, foreign aid, and things working on the root causes of why people try coming here illegally.  Vs....lets build a wall and make even legal immigration harder.

This does not mean Biden is doing a good job with this right now.  He isn't.  Its a definite situation that needs more attention now.
With all due respect we don`t have an influx of Canadians illegally entering from our northern borders so less security is needed there. The wave from the south is from a number of countries.

And I am OK with immigration as my mother was an immigrant..but she followed the due process and laws to immigrate here.

With all due respect we don`t have an influx of Canadians illegally entering from our northern borders so less security is needed there. The wave from the south is from a number of countries.

And I am OK with immigration as my mother was an immigrant..but she followed the due process and laws to immigrate here.
There is no due process for most of these people. There is no way for them to come here except the way they’re coming. 

If you truly want to secure our borders you need to come up with a better way to let most of these people come in legally: screen them, keep the bad ones out (public health risks, criminals, gang members, etc.) and let everybody else in, just as we did at Ellis Island. If you don’t you’ll never stop it, no matter how many walls you try and put up. 

And of course the other thing we need to do is help certain countries in central and South America become better places to live. Talk about reparations- we owe some of these countries big time. 

The problem, as mentioned, was also that the Trump administration also limited the legal means of getting here.  There is very little due process.  The system is broken.

The problem, as mentioned, was also that the Trump administration also limited the legal means of getting here.  There is very little due process.  The system is broken.
Trump isn't President.  This was happening under Obama and it's happening under Biden.  Discuss the topic without But Trump.  It's Biden's issue to ignore now

Trump isn't President.  This was happening under Obama and it's happening under Biden.  Discuss the topic without But Trump.  It's Biden's issue to ignore now
I seem to remember 4 years between Obama and Biden where nothing productive was done about it, either. As much as we’d like to forget that, Trump definitely carries blame here as well.

I seem to remember 4 years between Obama and Biden where nothing productive was done about it, either. As much as we’d like to forget that, Trump definitely carries blame here as well.
Did I say he didn't?  If you're gonna stutter over but trump then do the same for Obama.  Otherwise, it's on Biden to deal with now and has nothing to do with Trump.  That's just a lazy way to deflect Biden keeping kids in cages

Good luck, it’s what all their “arguments “ are built on unfortunately. 

Did I say he didn't?  If you're gonna stutter over but trump then do the same for Obama.  Otherwise, it's on Biden to deal with now and has nothing to do with Trump.  That's just a lazy way to deflect Biden keeping kids in cages
Did I ever say Obama was blameless in this either? No, no I didn’t. But to lay this at the feet of Biden when Trump not only didn’t stop what Obama started, but actually made it worse, that’s not going to fly here. Each of them are wrong for not changing this, so don’t blame the guy you don’t like when both sides of the aisle have dirty hands here.

• Thanks
Trump also made it much harder for people to legally come to the US/get citizenship when they are here. I have a friend that is trying to figure out how to leave an abusive spouse without getting deported, that has gotten a lot more difficult directly due to Trump's policies. Just ignore the poor attempts at whataboutism. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I ever say Obama was blameless in this either? No, no I didn’t. But to lay this at the feet of Biden when Trump not only didn’t stop what Obama started, but actually made it worse, that’s not going to fly here. Each of them are wrong for not changing this, so don’t blame the guy you don’t like when both sides of the aisle have dirty hands here.
:lmao:   I'd start over if I were you. 

Trump also made it much harder for people to legally come to the US/get citizenship when they are here. Just ignore the poor attempts at whataboutism. 
Slapdash - the whataboutism was bringing Trump into it in the first place.  Weak effort here describing what's poor

Trump also made it much harder for people to legally come to the US/get citizenship when they are here. I have a friend that is trying to figure out how to leave an abusive spouse without getting deported, that has gotten a lot more difficult directly due to Trump's policies. Just ignore the poor attempts at whataboutism. 
Oh, I am. Fixing the problem should take precedence.

• Thanks
And it wasn't "blame trump" but pointing out the fact that the legal means for people was limited under the previous administration.  I expect slowly but surely that will change under Biden.

And it wasn't "blame trump" but pointing out the fact that the legal means for people was limited under the previous administration.  I expect slowly but surely that will change under Biden.
Unfortunately, it is difficult to imagine much happening beyond executive orders. The DREAM act was introduced 20 years ago and still isn't law.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to imagine much happening beyond executive orders. The DREAM act was introduced 20 years ago and still isn't law.
True and congress is also broken to the point no meaningful reform will pass unless Biden and the Democrats bow to what the GOP would want.

I’m glad national news is now reporting the crisis at the border - their words...  it’s getting worse by the day with more kids coming and our inability to process, house, feed etc.  In addition, drug runners are flooding certain areas of the border by herding kids to bog down border police while drugs moved in the vacated areas.  

There is no due process for most of these people. There is no way for them to come here except the way they’re coming. 

If you truly want to secure our borders you need to come up with a better way to let most of these people come in legally: screen them, keep the bad ones out (public health risks, criminals, gang members, etc.) and let everybody else in, just as we did at Ellis Island. If you don’t you’ll never stop it, no matter how many walls you try and put up. 
Or build a wall

Do the public health risks, gang members etc wear signs that they’re gang members, bad ones and public health risks so we know which ones to keep out?

Can I get an official position from the left with the illegals.  Do we want them for cheap labor or are we paying them a living wage of $15?

Can I get an official position from the left with the illegals.  Do we want them for cheap labor or are we paying them a living wage of $15?
Are there any states were $15 an hour is the current minimum wage? I know some will ultimately get there.

I never said it was the all the Ds fault. The poster I originally quoted defends the Ds like they are his close family and blames the Rs for basically everything.  Every day 

Yes
This is a false assertion again trying to come at a poster rather than be able to discuss the issue at hand.  Please refrain from that.

And the solution?  Kick them out with nowhere to go?  Do nothing about the underlying problems as to why they are coming here?
Support people that come here legally only rather then supporting people that will rely on government support.  We took in 1.1m legally in 2018.  Let this be the process to allow people in.

Support people that come here legally only rather then supporting people that will rely on government support.  We took in 1.1m legally in 2018.  Let this be the process to allow people in.
That does not answer my questions really.  There is a reason people flock to this country...what do we do about that underlying cause?  

And I asked what we do with those unaccompanied minors who do show up?

Im all for pushing for more legal immigration...lets fix the problems we have in the system.  A system that became even more limited in the last 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread