Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge.

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Not true. We can help them. You just don’t want to. 

Just like you, the US isn't in a position to take in these people. You're not fostering any children why should anyone else. Send them back. 

On our end after they get across - how much should the businesses who hire illegal immigrants be on the hook and should the punishments be severe when it happens?

Just seems like a common theme of the things I've been reading and hearing is like what I posted above we want to make it seem like we are doing something, but when they get across they are still being rewarded with jobs and the dirty secret is that there are a handful of sectors that depend on this being the case.  

Fox News just showed a new video of a Biden handler trying to prevent Ted Cruz from videotaping the overcrowded conditions at the Donna, TX migrant facility for children.  It looks like a scene out of Communist China.  This woman keeps trying to block Cruz’s cell phone camera saying over and over, “Please give dignity to the people.”

1 minute ago, ekbeats said:

Fox News just showed a new video of a Biden handler trying to prevent Ted Cruz from videotaping the overcrowded conditions at the Donna, TX migrant facility for children.  It looks like a scene out of Communist China.  This woman keeps trying to block Cruz’s cell phone camera saying over and over, “Please give dignity to the people.”

Id probably block Cruz as well...as he will just exploit all of it for himself.

Note:  Not defending the lack of transparency going on...more just Cruz is awful and looking out only for himself.

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Note:  Not defending the lack of transparency going on...more just Cruz is awful and looking out only for himself.

Correct. Posts like yours are deflecting the lack of transparency. 

I find it fascinating it seems so difficult for people to just acknowledge the thing without making sure they still get their little side slap in. 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

How is this looking out only for himself?  He's a senator for Texas, watching his state get overrun by illegals.  Whatever you think of him or his stances on things, he's actually doing his job trying to do what's best for his state. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Correct. Posts like yours are deflecting the lack of transparency. 

I find it fascinating it seems so difficult for people to just acknowledge the thing without making sure they still get their little side slap in. 

Ive acknowledged issues with it and the administration's screw ups multiple times Joe.

Yeah...I gave a side slap because of how bad of a person Ted Cruz is...and did so without calling him a name or a moron or other things people have called others on here.  Im sorry if that is a bad thing...but some deserve a little side snarky comment directed towards them and Ted Cruz certainly does.

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, John123 said:

How is this looking out only for himself?  He's a senator for Texas, watching his state get overrun by illegals.  Whatever you think of him or his stances on things, he's actually doing his job trying to do what's best for his state. 

How is this...not sure yet...we will see how he pushes it going forward.  Given how he photographed himself giving out water after his little vacation gaffe...is there much doubt he will exploit this some too?  Ive yet to see him do much that is for the people vs for himself.  Did he do the same before Biden when it comes to the border?  No...he defended when the guy in office was of the same party.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/391699-cruz-defends-trump-policy-of-family-separation

He later pivoted away from that some when he took flack for it.  He is an opportunist and the next time he is doing his job or showing he really cares may be the first time.

This again does not excuse the poor job the current administration is doing at the border.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Back on topic... this is the video I was talking about.  Hard to believe this was taken in America.  https://rumble.com/vf4kft-caught-on-video-biden-operative-harasses-ted-cruz-for-filming-kids-in-cages.html

I can’t tell from that video what is going on. I can’t tell what she is preventing, if she is a “Biden operative” or an employee of DHS or something else. What I do know is that both Ted Cruz and this particular interviewer on Fox have absolutely no credibility so forgive me if Im skeptical that they are describing the situation accurately. If they are describing it accurately, then it’s wrong, but I can’t tell that from your link. 

Just now, timschochet said:

I can’t tell from that video what is going on. I can’t tell what she is preventing, if she is a “Biden operative” or an employee of DHS or something else. What I do know is that both Ted Cruz and this particular interviewer on Fox have absolutely no credibility so forgive me if Im skeptical that they are describing the situation accurately. If they are describing it accurately, then it’s wrong, but I can’t tell that from your link. 

Of course.  You don’t like the reality of the video so you dismiss it because of the source. 

• Like 2

This is ugly what's going on there. I think it should be opened immediately to the press and anything less is a violation of our democratic norms that I specifically supported Biden over Trump for. This is becoming anathema to everything I personally hold dear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

This is ugly what's going on there. I think it should be opened immediately to the press and anything less is a violation of our democratic norms that I specifically supported Biden over Trump for. This is becoming anathema to everything I personally hold dear.

Press yes...and actual human rights officials (not the pols looking to exploit).

7 minutes ago, rockaction said:

If that’s what’s going on, you’re correct. It’s not clear. 
On the video the woman says “please respect their dignity”- that comment creates the possibility that the DHS (if she is indeed an employee) is not trying to cover up the conditions of the people there but instead trying to protect their privacy- I know that if I was a migrant trying to stay in this country I would not want to be identified on camera by a politician whose stated goal is to deport me. 
The motivation of Cruz and Fox IS important here. They are not looking to solve this problem in any way that I would call helpful; their two aims are to (1) make President Biden look bad and (2) kick all of these poor people out of the country. Thus their supposed concerns about how these people are treated should be taken with a grain of salt. 
Don’t get me wrong, I am critical of Biden here. He’s not moving fast enough to process these poor folks, trying to keep some of them back, and playing too many politics with peoples lives.  Hopefully this is a transition that will get better over time, 

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

If that’s what’s going on, you’re correct. It’s not clear. 
On the video the woman says “please respect their dignity”- that comment creates the possibility that the DHS (if she is indeed an employee) is not trying to cover up the conditions of the people there but instead trying to protect their privacy- I know that if I was a migrant trying to stay in this country I would not want to be identified on camera by a politician whose stated goal is to deport me. 
The motivation of Cruz and Fox IS important here. They are not looking to solve this problem in any way that I would call helpful; their two aims are to (1) make President Biden look bad and (2) kick all of these poor people out of the country. Thus their supposed concerns about how these people are treated should be taken with a grain of salt. 
Don’t get me wrong, I am critical of Biden here. He’s not moving fast enough to process these poor folks, trying to keep some of them back, and playing too many politics with peoples lives.  Hopefully this is a transition that will get better over time, 

It's NOT clear?  Tim, with all due respect, WTF?

I mean, you guys jumped all over Trump and needed ZERO evidence.  Heck, even the pictures that started this whole thing were from the Obama years but that didn't stop you guys.  Now "it's just not clear"?  C'mon, man.

At this point, you're either willfully ignorant or being purposefully obtuse.  I'm not sure but in either case it's disengenous for you to declare "it's not clear".  It's as clear as glass.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

It's NOT clear?  Tim, with all due respect, WTF?

I mean, you guys jumped all over Trump and needed ZERO evidence.  Heck, even the pictures that started this whole thing were from the Obama years but that didn't stop you guys.  Now "it's just not clear"?  C'mon, man.

My objection to Trump’s handling of this issue was based on his own position of deliberately dividing families in order to deter people from coming here. I never criticized him for the “cages”, in fact I defended him on that. 

1 minute ago, Joe Bryant said:

Yikes.

Sorry Joe I can’t. The video shows Cruz and a woman. We don’t know where this is or what the context is. I don’t know that she is a “Biden operative” as he claims. Cruz does almost all of the talking. 

• Laughing 2

Just now, timschochet said:

I agree it should be more open to the press than it is. 

I can't help but think we wouldn't be hearing the shrillest and loudest of voices coming from the press if this was President Trump and he'd shut off all media access to what was going on within our own country. This seems like the quintessential double standard at work. How much longer it stays at work is the question. The press cannot be happy with this anymore. And one thing that will come into play: The right-wing press (how sad that is to say, isn't it?) won't take no for an answer much longer and I suspect will get the courts to intervene.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I can't help but think we wouldn't be hearing the shrillest and loudest of voices coming from the press if this was President Trump and he'd shut off all media access to what was going on within our own country. This seems like the quintessential double standard at work. How much longer it stays at work is the question. The press cannot be happy with this anymore. And one thing that will come into play: The right-wing press (how sad that is to say, isn't it?) won't take no for an answer much longer and I suspect will get the courts to intervene.

Remember the AOC photo op that everyone used as evidence?  Yeah, I do too.  But now?  Y'know, "IT'S JUST NOT CLEAR!" with actual footage.

Edited by BladeRunner

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Sorry Joe I can’t. The video shows Cruz and a woman. We don’t know where this is or what the context is. I don’t know that she is a “Biden operative” as he claims. Cruz does almost all of the talking. 

There's an old saying, "when you find yourself in a hole, quit digging."

I think that applies here

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

But see, Trump DIDN’T allow the press much access to these sites, neither did Obama, or Bush. There has NEVER been much access to these places. I agree there should be more but in no way is this a new story. In fact it’s not really much of a story at all. 

2 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Remember the AOC photo op that everyone used as evidence?  Yeah, I do too.  But now?  Y'know, "IT'S JUST NOT CLEAR!" with actual footage.

Do you know what I posted in this forum back then? I posted that AOC’s photo was misleading because it was not clear what we were looking at. And I wrote that her use of the term “concentration camp” was awful and absurd. 

I don’t trust extreme politicians, like Cruz or AOC, to present facts accurately. 

• Like 1

Considering that Cruz just claimed his little riverboat gunman stint faced off with cartels at the border (when it was really poor migrant families), I can see why someone might impose a higher standard of evidence with him.  In a party that's seemingly adopted lying as a primary form of communication, he still manages to stand out.

But that vid seems pretty obvious.  The DHS people don't have a solution (because there isn't one absent legislation that's been blocked for ~decades now) and they're trying to hide it.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

2 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

I think absolutely you do. But for some reason you're being willfully ignorant or obtuse.  

I showed him a link the other night about Liberals in Portland burning a Bible. He didn’t believe the story because the link was from a fundamentalist Christian group.  So I provided another link with an actual video of them burning the Bible.  You could literally see the word “Bible” as it burned, while the people doing it were talking about burning a Bible.  And he STILL refused to acknowledge it.

Edited by ekbeats
  • Laughing 2

11 hours ago, timschochet said:

....The motivation of Cruz and Fox IS important here. They are not looking to solve this problem in any way that I would call helpful; their two aims are to (1) make President Biden look bad and (2) kick all of these poor people out of the country. Thus their supposed concerns about how these people are treated should be taken with a grain of salt. .....

If you are asking if there is a political reality and strategy here at work, then Yes. There is always a political strategy at work, these are, after all, professional politicians.

Motive doesn't change the truth. Jose Canseco had personal motives for attention and profit to out MLB as being almost entirely juiced up. He was right. He actually was telling the truth. Just because some people, esp people actually in MLB, despised him, did not change the reality that he was telling the truth.

The problem with identity politics is it takes truth and attempts to create a hierarchy.  This thing is "more true", this thing is "less true" instead of just seeing something plainly as the truth or a lie. It's your free speech , but no actual large scale problem is ever solved by trying to parse things into "more true/less true" categories.

But you also got the "motive" part wrong.

1 ) New York - 28 percent

2) Los Angeles - 49 percent

3) Houston - 42 percent

4) San Antonio - 62 percent

5) Chicago - 28 percent

6) Phoenix - 42 percent

7) Dallas - 43 percent

8..) El Paso - 80 percent

9)  San Diego - 28 percent

10) San Jose - 32 percent

11)  Miami - 69 percent

Those numbers of the percentage of the total population ( give or take a few points obviously for marginal error) that is Hispanic/Latino in those cities that have the highest density of those groups.

Four are in Texas, so there is plenty of reason for Cruz to be at the border. The "motive" is that the DNC will lose major sections of the Hispanic/Latino vote over this. The leftist MSM won't cover that but that's the political reality at work.  NY, LA, Chicago and SD are clear Big Blue strongholds. We are talking voting impact down the ticket. The HOR is projected to go Red in 2022. Even Nate Silver of 538 is conceding this likelihood. No one expected 14 HOR seats to flip Red in the 2020 cycle. The DNC desperately tried to flip Texas during the general election and this doesn't help them. They have no chance in Miami with De Santis there plus all this.

Big Blue cities are the key to holding traditionally Blue states and their natural electoral votes. They also impact fundraising. It doesn't help that many of the leaders in Big Blue areas listed are embattled and under fire. Garcetti, Lightfoot, de Blasio, etc. Losing Hispanic/Latino support in places like San Jose ( Big Tech) and Los Angeles ( Hollywood) has some other damaging spill over effects.

Does the DNC have motive? Of course they do too. They want to flood new voters, loyal to them, in Dallas, El Paso, Houston and San Antonio to flip Texas away from Red.

Just because Ted Cruz has a political strategy at work doesn't mean he's wrong. It doesn't mean he's lying. It doesn't mean he fails to have an actual point. It also doesn't mean that this video should be ignored and not shown, as some leftists, not all, would hope.

Your "grain of salt" is parsing the identity politics mantra of open reality that needs to be labeled more true or less true. It's your free speech, but when you do that, you can never again say you want to be part of the solution. Because answers don't come from ignoring the truth.

23 hours ago, timschochet said:

I’m dismissing it because I can’t tell what’s going on. 

In the video, there are thousands of people stacked in rooms with locked doors (i.e. cages) living, eating, sleeping there for an indiscriminate amount of time. There is a women frantically trying to stop the video from taking place to "protect the dignity" of the people that they've locked into these inhumane conditions. 

On 3/28/2021 at 7:27 AM, sho nuff said:

Ive acknowledged issues with it and the administration's screw ups multiple times Joe.

Yeah...I gave a side slap because of how bad of a person Ted Cruz is...and did so without calling him a name or a moron or other things people have called others on here.  Im sorry if that is a bad thing...but some deserve a little side snarky comment directed towards them and Ted Cruz certainly does.

EST ESD

And Joe has to call you out for it again.  I have no idea why he lets you continue to post here.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:42 PM, KarmaPolice said:

On our end after they get across - how much should the businesses who hire illegal immigrants be on the hook and should the punishments be severe when it happens?

Just seems like a common theme of the things I've been reading and hearing is like what I posted above we want to make it seem like we are doing something, but when they get across they are still being rewarded with jobs and the dirty secret is that there are a handful of sectors that depend on this being the case.  

If people present proper documents then zero liability to the business. 

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

EST ESD

And Joe has to call you out for it again.  I have no idea why he lets you continue to post here.

He gets mad when someone gets snarky with him, but it's OK when he does it.   

$50 hypocrisy ticket being issued.   

• Like 1

So it looks like the Biden admin, in it's desperation, has waived FBI background checks for caregivers of migrant children.  We already know a huge number get sexually molested during their trip north by the coyotes, etc.  Now we leave that door open here.

The administration's complete and utter disregard for the safety and wellbeing of these children is mind blowing.  To throw out a carrot to lure these kids to be abused and now to leave them unprotected here is unconscionable.  

This make Fast and Furious look like jaywalking.

49 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

If people present proper documents then zero liability to the business. 

Fair.  We have a pretty good idea around here when the papers aren't 100% on the up and up.  

IMO it's a way for us to be two-faced.  Keep Out!, but if you are here.... maybe it will cost us less in labor.  Feels like we are sending mixed messages in that regard. 

Cruz and his gang aren't trying to shine a light on this situation out of concern for the immigrants forced to live in these inhumane conditions.  They didn't care before and they don't care now.  This is a purely political play.  So, par for the course for Ted Cruz and all the other cosplay G.I Joes that took a trip on that army river boat.

Having said that, the Biden administration has completely botched this situation from a policy, messaging and media perspective.  Epic fail, really.  And, it is absolutely fair to point out the hypocrisy of the left on this.  It seems indisputable that the conditions at these sites is worse than it was during the Trump years because of the sheer volume of people that are coming.  That's not rocket science.  Yet, you do not hear from Warren, AOC or anyone else that was so concerned about the conditions during the Trump years.

Biden should have kept the remain in Mexico policy until he had a solution.  Getting rid of that policy and allowing them to come only to provide them with industrial farm animal conditions is wrong and inhumane.  And his administration deserves all the criticism it is getting on this.

Edited by zoonation
  • Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 10:32 AM, sho nuff said:

How is this...not sure yet...we will see how he pushes it going forward.  Given how he photographed himself giving out water after his little vacation gaffe...is there much doubt he will exploit this some too?  Ive yet to see him do much that is for the people vs for himself.  Did he do the same before Biden when it comes to the border?  No...he defended when the guy in office was of the same party.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/391699-cruz-defends-trump-policy-of-family-separation

He later pivoted away from that some when he took flack for it.  He is an opportunist and the next time he is doing his job or showing he really cares may be the first time.

This again does not excuse the poor job the current administration is doing at the border.

You can say the same about AOC at the border also, no?  If she didn’t like itt under Trump, she should be livid with the conditions now.  

25 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Fair.  We have a pretty good idea around here when the papers aren't 100% on the up and up.  

IMO it's a way for us to be two-faced.  Keep Out!, but if you are here.... maybe it will cost us less in labor.  Feels like we are sending mixed messages in that regard. 

If anything it is consistent, not two faced. We say keep out but then people fight like hell to keep them here. Providing them work is just going along with that.

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

EST ESD

Because I am not breaking any rules.

And I disagree with his characterization of what I have stated. 

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

He gets mad when someone gets snarky with him, but it's OK when he does it.   

$50 hypocrisy ticket being issued.   

My post was not snarky.  Zero hypocrisy in my post.  I have zero problems if someone wants to be critical about the behavior of a politician as I was with Cruz.  I have a problem if people are doing it and getting personal with posters as you and Tony are doing.

• Laughing 1

32 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Cruz and his gang aren't trying to shine a light on this situation out of concern for the immigrants forced to live in these inhumane conditions.  They didn't care before and they don't care now.  This is a purely political play.  So, par for the course for Ted Cruz and all the other cosplay G.I Joes that took a trip on that army river boat.

Having said that, the Biden administration has completely botched this situation from a policy, messaging and media perspective.  Epic fail, really.  And, it is absolutely fair to point out the hypocrisy of the left on this.  It seems indisputable that the conditions at these sites is worse than it was during the Trump years because of the sheer volume of people that are coming.  That's not rocket science.  Yet, you do not hear from Warren, AOC or anyone else that was so concerned about the conditions during the Trump years.

Biden should have kept the remain in Mexico policy until he had a solution.  Getting rid of that policy and allowing them to come only to provide them with industrial farm animal conditions is wrong and inhumane.  And his administration deserves all the criticism it is getting on this.

Exactly 

8 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

You can say the same about AOC at the border also, no?  If she didn’t like itt under Trump, she should be livid with the conditions now.  

Sure...though she was critical and f Trump and still seems critical now with Biden.

She did with the opening of these facilities back in Feb.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sho nuff said:

My post was not snarky.  Zero hypocrisy in my post.  I have zero problems if someone wants to be critical about the behavior of a politician as I was with Cruz.  I have a problem if people are doing it and getting personal with posters as you and Tony are doing.

OMG you even SAID it was snarky!

"I'm sorry if that is a bad thing...but some deserve a little side snarky comment directed towards them and Ted Cruz certainly does."

Seriously man..What's wrong with you.