Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge.

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

OMG you even SAID it was snarky!

"I'm sorry if that is a bad thing...but some deserve a little side snarky comment directed towards them and Ted Cruz certainly does."

Seriously man..What's wrong with you. 

Sorry...you are right on that.  Thanks...but please refrain from ther personal stuff and the “whats wrong with you” stuff.

As I stated...snark about a politician or criticism is fair game IMO. I dont think ive ever said much about that.  Towards posters is different and I think that is clear.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tim... come on man. My views lean left but CNN most certainly has a liberal bias. Watching Cuomo on primetime isn't much different than a Hannity or Tucker Carlson on Fox. At the end of the day, they'

Did I say he didn't?  If you're gonna stutter over but trump then do the same for Obama.  Otherwise, it's on Biden to deal with now and has nothing to do with Trump.  That's just a lazy way to deflect

If you log in to an internet message board and look for things to report.... without even knowing what you’re talking about... you might be better off finding something else to do

On 3/28/2021 at 9:10 AM, timschochet said:

I’m dismissing it because I can’t tell what’s going on. 

Yet you knew exactly what what going on when pictures of kids in cages surfaced during President Trump's administration...even though the pics were proven to have been taken during the Obama administration.

You knew exactly what was happening when President Trump used nuclear weapons to clear the park in able to get to the church.

You always seem to know exactly what is happening....at least enough to voice you opinion....when you know exactly what you want to know. Even to the point of people drinking out of toilets.

Yup...nothing to see here."
"...this is not a zoo"

It would appear that he was trying to take pictures.
Maybe Senator Cruz was knocking on the cages or trying to feed them some of his popcorn?

Edited by Opie
1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

My post was not snarky.  Zero hypocrisy in my post.  I have zero problems if someone wants to be critical about the behavior of a politician as I was with Cruz.  I have a problem if people are doing it and getting personal with posters as you and Tony are doing.

It is simply your  modus operandi of deflection by attacking the messenger when you can't dispute the message..
In this case, Senator Cruz was the messenger.

We've all seen it from you, countless times in the past

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Opie said:

It is simply your  modus operandi of deflection by attacking the messenger when you can't dispute the message..
In this case, Senator Cruz was the messenger.

We've all seen it from you, countless times in the past

Ive agreed with the message that the situation is bad and the administration has screwed up.  Ive said so multiple times.  But thanks for yet again making comments about me.  They are super helpful to all conversations.

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

"I'm sorry if that is a bad thing...but some deserve a little side snarky comment directed towards them and Ted Cruz certainly does."

:goodposting:

Completely spams and derails every thread making it about himself.  Completely against the rules.  When is FBG Moderator going to kick this spam bot out?

7 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Completely spams and derails every thread making it about himself.  Completely against the rules.  When is FBG Moderator going to kick this spam bot out?

Meh I'm gonna delete this.  No need to pile on.   

Edited by supermike80
  • Like 1

Where is Kamala?

According to the Office of the Vice President, Harris had no events this past weekend and no mention of border-related activity.

Last time she was asked about visiting the border she said "not today ha ha ha ha ha".

Too busy renovating the vice president's mansion?

29 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Please stop the personal comments (which are far more against the rules than what you are claiming I am doing).

My posts are not spamming the thread, nor do I make it about myself (others seem to continue to try and make it about me).  I don't name call, insult, or make posts simply about other people.  I do respond to some that are personal about me (usually to ask it to stop as I am now).  So one more time..kindly refrain from such posting about me.  If you want the moderator to step in...please report my posts if they are somehow breaking such rules.  Otherwise...its pointless and time to walk away tony.

On 3/28/2021 at 8:17 AM, sho nuff said:

Id probably block Cruz as well...as he will just exploit all of it for himself.

Note:  Not defending the lack of transparency going on the message... just deflecting by Cruz is awful and looking out only for himself shooting the messenger.

Fixed.

Edited by Opie
12 minutes ago, Opie said:

Fixed.

Not an accurate portrayal of what I said at all...also we have been asked multiple times not to do such things to completely change the meaning of someone's quote.  Please stop.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Not an accurate portrayal of what I said at all...also we have been asked multiple times not to do such things to completely change the meaning of someone's quote.  Please stop.

It is absolutely, a dead-on, 100% accurate portrayal of what you said...and did (again).
You do it all the time...and if you didn't do it....I wouldn't point it out.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

If anything it is consistent, not two faced. We say keep out but then people fight like hell to keep them here. Providing them work is just going along with that.

Where it's two faced is I think a good number of people who are putting up the strong front of "keep them out" are also willing to take the cheap labor and improve their profit margins.  

• Thanks 1
Just now, KarmaPolice said:

Where it's two faced is I think a good number of people who are putting up the strong front of "keep them out" are also willing to take the cheap labor and improve their profit margins.  

Restaurant back of the house workers, construction trades, and farm labor are the culprits.  Really they are screwing the migrants - they get no workmans comp or social security.  We all lose in that situation.  

5 hours ago, supermike80 said:

:lmao:  You can't make this stuff up.  He's fooling no one

if this were Trump's administration CNN and liberals would be going nuclear right now .... but its Biden and so, CNN and media are hush hush on the massive cost/problems that's been encouraged with this administrations policies

but hey, I got $1400  

"As the current contract stands, the cost to taxpayers for housing 1,200 migrant families for six months is about $71,000 per person," Blackburn wrote. "For a family of four, that amounts to a shocking $284,000 — enough to buy a small house."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/blackburn-questions-ice-dhs-hotels-for-migrants

3 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

if this were Trump's administration CNN and liberals would be going nuclear right now .... but its Biden and so, CNN and media are hush hush on the massive cost/problems that's been encouraged with this administrations policies

but hey, I got $1400  

"As the current contract stands, the cost to taxpayers for housing 1,200 migrant families for six months is about $71,000 per person," Blackburn wrote. "For a family of four, that amounts to a shocking $284,000 — enough to buy a small house."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/blackburn-questions-ice-dhs-hotels-for-migrants

yea, people outraged & crying about what Trump did to the poor migrate families.   now everything except maybe transparency is swept under the rug.  It's all okay because my guy is in charge.

Just now, Stealthycat said:

where are all the Hollywood types showing how much they care?  Most of them have pretty big houses so why don't they take in a family or two?  It's one thing to say you are compassionate, entirely different when you have to actually act on those feelings.  But Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Would you argue then that democrats arguing for higher taxes that don't pay higher taxes themselves are being two faced?

• Like 1

So they finally let reporters in to one of the detention facilities.  Pretty disgusting.  I could only imagine the MSM and Hollywood outrage about this if Trump were President.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, John123 said:

So they finally let reporters in to one of the detention facilities.  Pretty disgusting.  I could only imagine the MSM and Hollywood outrage about this if Trump were President.

:yawn:

38 minutes ago, John123 said:

This is right up Alysia Milano and Madonna’s alley.  

With all the finger pointing and dunking, is it safe to say that the opposite was true and you guys were 100% equally outraged over this during the last administration?   Posting every day about the horrible conditions?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

With all the finger pointing and dunking, is it safe to say that the opposite was true and you guys were 100% equally outraged over this during the last administration?   Posting every day about the horrible conditions?

The conditions were bad, but at least the last admin didn't throw a huge carrot out there for folks to brave a long, dangerous journey with drug smugglers, child molesters, desert trekking, etc.  And to send their unaccompanied children on the same trek.

I can't quite express, without getting a TO, how insanely boneheaded the tactical decisions by this admin have been.

Edited by Sand
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Interesting response to all of the people in poor conditions.  Same response you had the last 4 years?

I've posted mulitple times how ####ed up it is in those facilities.  Just like like I did a few years ago.    The yawn wasn't about those people in those conditions, it was for the tired posts about MSM and I guess now Hollywood libs? 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Sand said:

The conditions were bad, but at least the last admin didn't throw a huge carrot out there for folks to brave a long, dangerous journey with drug smugglers, child molesters, desert trekking, etc.  And to send their unaccompanied children on the same trek.

I can't quite express, without getting a TO, how insanely boneheaded the tactical decisions by this admin have been.

I don't think that you believe that people were coming here just because of this "huge carrot".    These are desperate people, and a large number were making this trek anyway.  

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I've posted mulitple times how ####ed up it is in those facilities.  Just like like I did a few years ago.    The yawn wasn't about those people in those conditions, it was for the tired posts about MSM and I guess now Hollywood libs? 

Are they giving the same exposure and discussion now as they were then?  It's not tired.

26 minutes ago, Sand said:

Do we have information/data on where the majority of these migrants are coming from? I know a year or two ago when there was a big surge they were mainly coming from the Northern Triangle.

If that’s still the case, those people were coming here regardless. The conditions they’re fleeing are unfathomably horrible and the majority have already known people who fell victim to all the gang violence down there.

10 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

How about some commentary on what you would do if you were President.  Would you have immediately reversed all of Trump's policies that minimized these conditions?  Would you just let all the illegals out to run amok in our country?  Would you be encouraging them to come here?  It's nice that you express some level of outrage about the conditions and the situation, it rings a little hollow when the issue is entirely self inflicted by this administration.

2 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Are they giving the same exposure and discussion now as they were then?  It's not tired.

:shrug:  The few sites I go to talk about the conditions there.     I don't obsess about CNN and what movie actors think about politics like some of you so I guess I can't really say if it's the same level of exposure.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Do we have information/data on where the majority of these migrants are coming from? I know a year or two ago when there was a big surge they were mainly coming from the Northern Triangle.

If that’s still the case, those people were coming here regardless. The conditions they’re fleeing are unfathomably horrible and the majority have already known people who fell victim to all the gang violence down there.

I'd have to look again, but I thought I saw an article last week that said there was a little bit of shift from coming where you said to an influx from Mexico.   Now, I don't know if that meant they were Mexicans, or that they were already in Mexico piling up because of previous policies.    I will try to look again tonight.  

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I don't think that you believe that people were coming here just because of this "huge carrot".    These are desperate people, and a large number were making this trek anyway.  

The numbers belie the assertion here.

4 minutes ago, John123 said:

How about some commentary on what you would do if you were President.  Would you have immediately reversed all of Trump's policies that minimized these conditions?  Would you just let all the illegals out to run amok in our country?  Would you be encouraging them to come here?  It's nice that you express some level of outrage about the conditions and the situation, it rings a little hollow when the issue is entirely self inflicted by this administration.

I have posted a few times with links that he did not reverse all of Trump's policies.   I even posted about the numbers that were still getting sent back.  

Honestly I don't know where to start when you claim that it's entirely self inflicted by this administration.   It's not like the trek was a lot safer over the last decade.  It's not like the detention centers were 4 star hotels until now.   I also posted about how good and savvy the smugglers are with SM and ads.  They will spin it to their benefit no matter who is in office. 

I understand and agree with the impulse to kick out kids by themselves.   For sure there should have been a little foresight and an expected surge with the changing of the guard.  What they could have done about the centers, I don't know.  Could we have built a bunch in 1 month to make a dent in the conditions?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

What numbers are those? 

Immigration numbers from the end of DJT's term to the beginning of Biden's.

4 minutes ago, Sand said:

Immigration numbers from the end of DJT's term to the beginning of Biden's.

Like the huge spike in #s in 2019?  Link   Or that they were rising naturally according to that chart throughout 2020 as COVID and hurricanes hit the regions?  

We can't pretend like the previous policies stopped immigration cold, and now the flood gates are completely opened.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

Like the huge spike in #s in 2019?  Link   Or that they were rising naturally according to that chart throughout 2020 as COVID and hurricanes hit the regions?  

We can't pretend like the previous policies stopped immigration cold, and now the flood gates are completely opened.  

That's a month old. What do you think the Biden spike looks like today?  :lmao:

Hint: add 6,000 per day, let me do the math for you +180,000.  I bet it's over 300K total now and counting.  

2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

The DNC will lose major sections of the Latino vote over this. All down the ticket. When media press releases try to spin this another way, and that bizarre tone deaf "Latinx" term is used, that's only going to trigger more votes to sway to the conservative viewpoint.

People can go back and forth all day about what Trump did or did not do compared to Biden now, but the reality of the situation is you have children being stacked like cordwood in locked in plastic COVID19 "hotboxes"

It was previously unfathomable that the DNC could lose a place like San Diego or Los Angeles, but this is political Kryptonite. If Big Blue cities flip, then traditionally Democratic states can fold, then you lose those natural electoral votes.  It's not just the Latino vote but major cross sections of voters who came from first generation immigrant families are going to rage over this. A lot of those voters will also be in their prime earning years and this is going to impact fundraising.

The problem with identity politics is it usually disproportionately overrides actual functional political strategy.

This is a problem that could haunt the DNC for generations. Literally multiple decades of damage to it's intersectional coalition. Orange Man Bad doesn't change this tactical reality.

Here is a good article if you want to understand the numbers.. The chart is just unaccompanied minors. They make up about 10%, so multiple by 10 if you want total numbers. 

See that red line skyrocketing upward?  That's Biden and you're way ahead of the seasonal numbers.  All reports do not have the wave slowing down this month (March).  Biden undoubtedly has set all new records already and if something isnt done soon it's going to eclipse all previous years by a long shot. From the article:  

To be sure, it's still below [as of February] the peaks of 11,000 unaccompanied minors who arrived in May 2019 and above 10,000 in June 2014, but experts and administration officials expect those records to be broken this year.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said last week that U.S. agents are on pace to intercept more migrants on the southwest border in 2021 than they have in the last two decades

Edited by tonydead
7 hours ago, tonydead said:

That's a month old. What do you think the Biden spike looks like today?  :lmao:

Hint: add 6,000 per day, let me do the math for you +180,000.  I bet it's over 300K total now and counting.  

Of course that is your take away from those posts.  

Now is this where I accuse you of laughing about the horrible conditions?  ;)

• Like 1
10 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

You left out one key thing - Trump tried to close the border, Biden didn’t.  The optics of basically throwing open the border then blame Trump isn’t a good look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

You left out one key thing - Trump tried to close the border, Biden didn’t.  The optics of basically throwing open the border then blame Trump isn’t a good look.

I have no comment on the "blame Trump" thing.   

My point with that chart was that even if he tried, Trump didn't close the border.   Before this, he had a massive spike in 2019.  Now Biden decided to add onto that not kicking back kids, so naturally there will be a decent increase of unaccompanied kids.  That also isn't "throwing open" the border.  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, tonydead said:

Here is a good article if you want to understand the numbers.. The chart is just unaccompanied minors. They make up about 10%, so multiple by 10 if you want total numbers. 

See that red line skyrocketing upward?  That's Biden and you're way ahead of the seasonal numbers.  All reports do not have the wave slowing down this month (March).  Biden undoubtedly has set all new records already and if something isnt done soon it's going to eclipse all previous years by a long shot. From the article:  

Yeah, I've seen that article, and everything I said is in those charts - Previous policies didn't stop this (all the charts show that), it was trending up at the end of last year with a spike with the new administration (chart 3).  

Right in that article:

The challenges in Central America — and at the border — have become cyclical.

Like under previous presidents, the Biden administration was not prepared to shelter this many arriving children.

Bolded added by me.  

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Yeah, I've seen that article, and everything I said is in those charts - Previous policies didn't stop this (all the charts show that), it was trending up at the end of last year with a spike with the new administration (chart 3).  

Right in that article:

The challenges in Central America — and at the border — have become cyclical.

Like under previous presidents, the Biden administration was not prepared to shelter this many arriving children.

Bolded added by me.  

Dude, math. 

News reported it at 180,000 last night and I suspect that'ts still a couple weeks old. And no signs of anything being done. These numbers are going way past anything we've seen before so no, your every year argument doesnt hold water.  

Tump had a "huge" spike in 2019!  Biden says hold my beer. 

23 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Dude, math. 

News reported it at 180,000 last night and I suspect that'ts still a couple weeks old. And no signs of anything being done. These numbers are going way past anything we've seen before so no, your every year argument doesnt hold water.  

Tump had a "huge" spike in 2019!  Biden says hold my beer. 

I get all that, and I am not disputing that - I said there has been an increase.  We will see what the official numbers are - yup, if it turns out what you said in here about 180K, that would be a 33% increase over that spike.   You laughed at the chart I presented b/c it was 1 month and then presented an article that was ... yup 1 month behind with it's graphs.  

My push back in here hasn't been about the current numbers it's the seeming head in the sand narrative about how effective the last 4 years have been as well.   IMO the tone is that we went from damn near next to nothing to a huge flood of people in 1 month.  That's not true.   

Conditions are bad, and it's a problem.  

• Thanks 2

I think its clear now just how much control media has over people's minds/views/beliefs

The left exploded with hate over Trump and photo's from Obama's camps .... yet this is REAL, this is Biden's humanitarian crisis and its crickets on CNN, from Alyssa Milano, from Hollywood, from Pelosi ............  where are they all at ?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/inside-border-crisis-press-tours-packed-texas-facility