Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge.

With Biden putting Harris in charge will lthis border disaster be her demise in 2024? If she can`t get the border under contril how can she control a whole country will be the buzz line used agaisnt her.

Edited by Summer Wheat

27 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol:  

You guys really need to know Alyssa Milano's thoughts on the conditions of the facilities? 

Lol better get them today, she’s watching the Dodgers tomorrow.  

Illegal Border Crossings Jump to 150,000 in March

https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/illegal-border-crossings-jump-to-150000-in-march_3756182.html

Download our app to read more at https://ept.ms/DownloadApp

33 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I get all that, and I am not disputing that - I said there has been an increase.  We will see what the official numbers are - yup, if it turns out what you said in here about 180K, that would be a 33% increase over that spike.   You laughed at the chart I presented b/c it was 1 month and then presented an article that was ... yup 1 month behind with it's graphs.  

My push back in here hasn't been about the current numbers it's the seeming head in the sand narrative about how effective the last 4 years have been as well.   IMO the tone is that we went from damn near next to nothing to a huge flood of people in 1 month.  That's not true.   

Conditions are bad, and it's a problem.  

Yep, this right here. The hypocrisy from both sides on this issue is just incredible, but sadly also not surprising.

When Trump was in office, the left was pretending this was the first time there was ever a crisis at the border and that the previous Democratic administration didn't do many of the same things they were complaining Trump did.

With Biden in office, the right now pretends there were no problems at the border over the last 4 years, ignoring the evidence which shows border apprehensions have been going up every month for almost a year now, way before Biden got elected.

Anyone who blames this on one political party in the United States is really just telling on themselves at how little they're grasping such a complex issue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Yep, this right here. The hypocrisy from both sides on this issue is just incredible, but sadly also not surprising.

When Trump was in office, the left was pretending this was the first time there was ever a crisis at the border and that the previous Democratic administration didn't do many of the same things they were complaining Trump did.

With Biden in office, the right now pretends there were no problems at the border over the last 4 years, ignoring the evidence which shows border apprehensions have been going up every month for almost a year now, way before Biden got elected.

Anyone who blames this on one political party in the United States is really just telling on themselves at how little they're grasping such a complex issue.

Correct.  The AOC's and Alyssa Milano's of the world should also be calling out conditions and asking Biden to get it under control. 

The people on the right displaying this much outrage over the conditions and numbers also should have been that angry a couple years ago.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Lol better get them today, she’s watching the Dodgers tomorrow.  

https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/illegal-border-crossings-jump-to-150000-in-march_3756182.html

Download our app to read more at https://ept.ms/DownloadApp

Way too many of these sites need my email address to look at.     

Like I said, I am interested to see what the numbers are.  you have 150K here, tony had 180K.  

50 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I get all that, and I am not disputing that - I said there has been an increase.  We will see what the official numbers are - yup, if it turns out what you said in here about 180K, that would be a 33% increase over that spike.   You laughed at the chart I presented b/c it was 1 month and then presented an article that was ... yup 1 month behind with it's graphs.  

My push back in here hasn't been about the current numbers it's the seeming head in the sand narrative about how effective the last 4 years have been as well.   IMO the tone is that we went from damn near next to nothing to a huge flood of people in 1 month.  That's not true.   

Conditions are bad, and it's a problem.  

So your push back is But Trump!  Noted.

There are zero signs of this slowing down.  Is Momala headed to the border any time soon?  All indications are this problem is going to be multiples higher than ever before.  It would be just as dumb to say California fires happen every year without acknowledging we just had the worst fire season ever recorded by a factor of 2.  Take your Trump blinders off. 

1 hour ago, Summer Wheat said:

With Biden putting Harris in charge will lthis border disaster be her demise in 2024? If she can`t get the border under contril how can she control a whole country will be the buzz line used agaisnt her.

Yes.  She's the left's version of Sarah Palin, only she happened to get elected.  She's peaked.  She moves off into obscurity after her term is over.  

Edited by tonydead

16 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Correct.  The AOC's and Alyssa Milano's of the world should also be calling out conditions and asking Biden to get it under control. 

The people on the right displaying this much outrage over the conditions and numbers also should have been that angry a couple years ago.  

Exactly, both groups should be called out for their hypocrisy and not be taken seriously on their complaints because they’re clearly just doing it for partisan reasons.

59 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

that would be a 33% increase over that spike.   

29 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Yep.  ALL TIME RECORD HIGHS and showing zero signs of slowing down anytime soon.  This is headed for numbers in the stratosphere.  

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Has AOC been down at the border crying lately?

She's too busy crying about Amazon.  But, she did take time out to try and say that anyone who calls it a "surge" is a white supremacist.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Yep.  ALL TIME RECORD HIGHS and showing zero signs of slowing down anytime soon.  This is headed for numbers in the stratosphere.  

Yes, they are, but you guys can't even agree on the numbers, so how about we wait to see what they are, and if they continue growing for the next few months.  

1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

Yes, they are, but you guys can't even agree on the numbers, so how about we wait to see what they are, and if they continue growing for the next few months.  

Math dude.  Add the official numbers plus the current numbers being reported per day by numerous outlets.  It doesn't matter if you are a few tens of thousand different than my numbers.  That's a drop in the bucket to where this is headed.  Talk about head in the sand, good grief.  

49 minutes ago, tonydead said:

So your push back is But Trump!  Noted.

There are zero signs of this slowing down.  Is Momala headed to the border any time soon?  All indications are this problem is going to be multiples higher than ever before.  It would be just as dumb to say California fires happen every year without acknowledging we just had the worst fire season ever recorded by a factor of 2.  Take your Trump blinders off. 

My push back is that this has been going on for a decade + with spikes and lulls, but you will take away what you want to read, I can't control that.  

I am sure you were in here a couple years ago with all caps about RECORD NUMBERs at that time too.  Nah, didn't think so - then it was the narrative that the border was sealed, and nobody would dare try to come in.  Now, it's all about the numbers! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

My push back is that this has been going on for a decade + with spikes and lulls, but you will take away what you want to read, I can't control that.  

I am sure you were in here a couple years ago with all caps about RECORD NUMBERs at that time too.  Nah, didn't think so - then it was the narrative that the border was sealed, and nobody would dare try to come in.  Now, it's all about the numbers! 

But Trump!

Fact - Biden will have the worst illegal immigrant apprehension and release into the country numbers ever.  By a long shot.

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Math dude.  Add the official numbers plus the current numbers being reported per day by numerous outlets.  It doesn't matter if you are a few tens of thousand different than my numbers.  That's a drop in the bucket to where this is headed.  Talk about head in the sand, good grief.  

Fair. So your opinion is that they are doing 0 about this, won't be able to slow the traffic across the border, and that in a few months we will be seeing these numbers approaching 300K/month? (I believe you said we would be seeing 2x-3x numbers from the previous high in another post?).  

Could be a possibility, and for sure that would be an epic failure on this administration if they can't get a reign on this in the next couple months or this doesn't follow previous year trends of numbers falling off naturally after the beginning of the year.  

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

But Trump! 

Fact - Biden will have the worst illegal immigrant apprehension and release into the country numbers ever.  By a long shot.

" Decade+"  was my post.   Math, dude - Trump wasn't in office for 10+ years.  

Not disputing that second statement will probably be true.   

3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Fair. So your opinion is that they are doing 0 about this, won't be able to slow the traffic across the border, and that in a few months we will be seeing these numbers approaching 300K/month? (I believe you said we would be seeing 2x-3x numbers from the previous high in another post?).  

Could be a possibility, and for sure that would be an epic failure on this administration if they can't get a reign on this in the next couple months or this doesn't follow previous year trends of numbers falling off naturally after the beginning of the year.  

We will hit 300K by mid-April if we haven't already.  The numbers don't lie.  Wouldn't surprise me if we stop seeing official numbers for a while though.

14 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Is that so? You must have been just as mad then when border apprehensions reached 132k in May of 2019, the previous record before this month.

Just now, tonydead said:

We will hit 300K by mid-April if we haven't already.  The numbers don't lie.  Wouldn't surprise me if we stop seeing official numbers for a while though.

Those charts are per month, right?  So you are saying that April will be 600K encounters+ for the month?

1 minute ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Is that so? You must have been just as mad then when border apprehensions reached 132k in May of 2019, the previous record before this month.

I would imagine they would have been even more pissed, because that was one of the main focuses of the previous administration.    All the work with the wall and send backs didn't seem to deter people from coming despite the posturing and tough talk.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Those charts are per month, right?  So you are saying that April will be 600K encounters+ for the month?

Yes, charts by month. March's numbers are going to be around 180K.  300K TOTAL by mid-April if we aren't there already.  

You would adjust the rate, 6K a day, when we get some reporting whether that's going up or down.  But, absent anything being done to stem the flow.....

Historic rates and totals.

16 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I would imagine they would have been even more pissed, because that was one of the main focuses of the previous administration.    All the work with the wall and send backs didn't seem to deter people from coming despite the posturing and tough talk.  

Good point. Since they put such an emphasis on immigration, you'd think the results would be better and their base would be upset.

Speaking of the wall... what happened to that? Was it just not built or has it been a total failure? Migrants appear to be having no problems crossing the border still.

8 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Good point. Since they put such an emphasis on immigration, you'd think the results would be better and their base would be upset.

Speaking of the wall... what happened to that? Was it just not built or has it been a total failure? Migrants appear to be having no problems crossing the border still.

But Trump!  :lmao:

Ignoring the deflection from the current crisis - you would think Biden and his base would be upset about kids in cages, stacked on top of each other in a covid super spreader tent. 

Has Biden or Momala made a trip to inspect the conditions there?

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

But Trump!  :lmao:

Ignoring the deflection from the current crisis - you would think Biden and his base would be upset about kids in cages, stacked on top of each other in a covid super spreader tent. 

Has Biden or Momala made a trip to inspect the conditions there?

Yes, which is why I already called the left out for their blatant hypocrisy there. You must have missed my post earlier in the thread:

The hypocrisy from both sides on this issue is just incredible, but sadly also not surprising.

Now, why can't you just admit Republicans are doing the same exact thing on the opposite side now? Why is it so hard you to admit your side is being hypocritical?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Yes, which is why I already called the left out for their blatant hypocrisy there. You must have missed my post earlier in the thread:

Now, why can't you just admit Republicans are doing the same exact thing on the opposite side now? Why is it so hard you to admit your side is being hypocritical?

I guess the difference for me is I and many republicans didn't want this--because we knew this would happen.  Trump pushed very hard to stop the flow of migrants and immigrants into this country.  And as some have pointed out, this isn't something that happens overnight.  More time would have been nice.

The Biden administration, on day one, essentially said "COME ON IN WE'RE OPEN!!!" Which brought a MASSIVE influx of immigrants, migrants and migrant children flying in here.    They were utterly unprepared for it, they have responded poorly to it, and they should be held accountable for it until it is fixed.  

Edited by supermike80
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

The difference is that Trump wanted to close the borders while Biden has no intentions to close the border or address the issue.  Trump fought for years to build a wall.   Biden inferred that he would be different than Trump which the illegals assumed meant that they would be welcome in the US.   Illegal immigration has been a problem for many years and Biden made it worse.  Now Biden has a horrible humanity condition that he is going to ignore     He knows he can since will get a free pass from the media.    

The hypocrisy from the left is amazing.  The situation sucked under Trump and we had to hear about the deplorable conditions at the border from the great minds at CNN, MSN, and Hollywood elite.    There will not be any outrage from that group.   Instead, they will continue to feed their audience by complaining about Trump while King Biden flounders about avoiding issues.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Cortez won`t say one bad word right now and it is ten fold worse than when Trump was in office. Just on the news one place built for 250 people has over 3000 now!   And with COVID positive people in there.

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

I guess the difference for me is I and many republicans didn't want this--because we knew this would happen.  Trump pushed very hard to stop the flow of migrants and immigrants into this country.  And as some have pointed out, this isn't something that happens overnight.  More time would have been nice.

The Biden administration, on day one, essentially said "COME ON IN WE'RE OPEN!!!" Which brought a MASSIVE influx of immigrants, migrants and migrant children flying in here.    They were utterly unprepared for it, they have responded poorly to it, and they should be held accountable for it until it is fixed.  

Fair enough. I understand the frustration with Biden being so lax and making it seem people would be okay traveling here, especially if you aren’t big on immigration to begin with. 

My main problem are the people trying to pin it entirely on one person/side. There are so many factors that go into a complex situation like this and as I’ve mentioned before, the conditions a lot of these people are so bad that they were coming regardless who was President.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Summer Wheat said:

Cortez won`t say one bad word right now and it is ten fold worse than when Trump was in office. Just on the news one place built for 250 people has over 3000 now!   And with COVID positive people in there.

Because she’s a partisan hypocrite. She should be called out for it and not taken seriously on the issue going forward.

2 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Fair enough. I understand the frustration with Biden being so lax and making it seem people would be okay traveling here, especially if you aren’t big on immigration to begin with. 

My main problem are the people trying to pin it entirely on one person/side. There are so many factors that go into a complex situation like this and as I’ve mentioned before, the conditions a lot of these people are so bad that they were coming regardless who was President.

Well to me that's like blaming the Biden administration for the mid east issues.  This has been going on forever.  There is no easy solution....

And contrary to what others her say, I would rather the administration say don't come here you're not wanted.  At LEAST until they can get their ducks in a row to properly and humanely process them.   

I don't want to say no one is welcome.....but we need time.

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Well to me that's like blaming the Biden administration for the mid east issues.  This has been going on forever.  There is no easy solution....

And contrary to what others her say, I would rather the administration say don't come here you're not wanted.  At LEAST until they can get their ducks in a row to properly and humanely process them.   

I don't want to say no one is welcome.....but we need time.

That is the problem.   There was no plan in place.  If Biden was going to reverse EOs at least wait until there is a concrete plan in place to handle a crisis.  If not wait 6 months or a year until things were in order and then start a process. No excuse for overturning it and causing a humanitarian crisis that is taking place now.   Yesterday there were over 50 children 6 and under without parents.  They have no idea how to even identify them or process them.    While that is going on the cartels are having a field day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Da Guru said:

That is the problem.   There was no plan in place.  If Biden was going to reverse EOs at least wait until there is a concrete plan in place to handle a crisis.  If not wait 6 months or a year until things were in order and then start a process. No excuse for overturning it and causing a humanitarian crisis that is taking place now.   Yesterday there were over 50 children 6 and under without parents.  They have no idea how to even identify them or process them.    While that is going on the cartels are having a field day.

Yep, of course this is spot on and a valid criticism.   Probably should have waited for the summer until we got through covid and the vaccinations to reverse that part of Title 42.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Fine, everyone sucks and everybody is a hypocrite!  

Now can we get back to the Biden disaster that has already set record breaking numbers with no plan in place to stop the crisis any time soon?  Or do you just want to keep crying about Republicans who aren't even in charge right now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Da Guru said:

I do think there could be an argument made to say the current administration was so hell bent of overturning EVERYTHING from the previous administration that they really didn't think this through.   

You have the AOC's and Talib's of the world, who let's face it aren't gonna win an award for their intelligence, pushing an agenda when they don't totally understand it.

Edited by supermike80

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Everyone else is hypocritical...despite multiple posts and citing how both sides are.  Its all just the democrats.  
Ugh...

You must have missed the last election and haven't figured out who owns the current mess.

Checking thread title....yep it's right there in the title.  

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Fine, everyone sucks and everybody is a hypocrite!  

Now can we get back to the Biden disaster that has already set record breaking numbers with no plan in place to stop the crisis any time soon?  Or do you just want to keep crying about Republicans who aren't even in charge right now?

See, that wasn’t too bad 😉

Back on topic, Biden should definitely be critiqued for how he’s handled the border situation thus far. The lack of transparency at the border and not allowing media to report on it is really pissing me off.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

:shrug:  The few sites I go to talk about the conditions there.     I don't obsess about CNN and what movie actors think about politics like some of you so I guess I can't really say if it's the same level of exposure.  

Can only speak for Reuters and BBC/BBC America, but the answer is "yes".  If you're expecting anything from MSM than what you WANT to hear, you're doing it wrong...can't say it enough.  Using them as a gauge for anything is really really dumb.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Can only speak for Reuters and BBC/BBC America, but the answer is "yes".  If you're expecting anything from MSM than what you WANT to hear, you're doing it wrong...can't say it enough.  Using them as a gauge for anything is really really dumb.  

Is this in response to if the coverage is the same?    Those are the two main ones I was referring to as well.  

Sorry but if your solution to this issue is “keep them all out” I don’t think you get to criticize whatever mistakes Biden is making. If you are willing to say, “I want to help these people, Biden is going about it the wrong way, here’s what I would do to make it better” then I’m willing to listen to you. But if you were a supporter of the previous President’s policies on this issue, your current views are largely irrelevant IMO. 

• Thanks 1