Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge.

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

I get a kick out of @timschochet telling someone that their thread title is offensive then 5 minutes later telling a poster that “he doesn’t get to criticize Biden’s mistakes” and “if you supported Trump your current views are irrelevant “ lol

You really can’t lake this stuff up 

:lol:

Tims kinda special.  We generally just let him say his peace and move on 

2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Is this in response to if the coverage is the same?    Those are the two main ones I was referring to as well.  

Yeah....little difference that ive seen.  Only time theyve even mentioned trump, that ive heard, is to point out that biden isnt taking kids from their parents like he did.  Thats about it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Commish said:

Yeah....little difference that ive seen.  Only time theyve even mentioned trump, that ive heard, is to point out that biden isnt taking kids from their parents like he did.  Thats about it. 

It's almost as though I've heard several times around here to use sources like that instead of obsessing about what CNN and Fox are saying.   Weird.  

• Like 1

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

It's almost as though I've heard several times around here to use sources like that instead of obsessing about what CNN and Fox are saying.   Weird.  

:bag:

sorry....the goofs who piss and moan about the MSM all the while supporting them with their clicks and eyeballs are some that just arent in it for real discussion IMO

Either that or they dont get that they are just being farmed for their attention/time

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonydead said:

You must have missed the last election and haven't figured out who owns the current mess.

Checking thread title....yep it's right there in the title.  

Nope...didn't miss it.  Have said multiple times this administration has screwed up the situation.

Does not make some any less hypocritical in how silent they have been until it was a democrat in office...then having the nerve to claim only the democrats were being hypocritical is laughable.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Nope...didn't miss it.  Have said multiple times this administration has screwed up the situation.

Does not make some any less hypocritical in how silent they have been until it was a democrat in office...then having the nerve to claim only the democrats were being hypocritical is laughable.

hell, in this thread there was no responses or honest discussions about numbers over the years that were linked in articles and charts......... until it looked like Biden's numbers were going to be higher.  then it's all about the record breaking numbers!! 

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Commish said:

:bag:

sorry....the goofs who piss and moan about the MSM all the while supporting them with their clicks and eyeballs are some that just arent in it for real discussion IMO

Either that or they dont get that they are just being farmed for their attention/time

No need for the bag - agree 100%.  

8 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

Yes

Homeless crisis is going to get worse.

MISSION, Texas – Overwhelmed and underprepared, U.S. authorities are releasing migrant families on the Mexican border without notices to appear in immigration court or without any paperwork at all — a time-saving move that has left many migrants confused and with nowhere to go.

The rapid releases ease pressure on the Border Patrol and its badly overcrowded holding facilities but shifts work to Immigration and Customs and Enforcement, the agency that enforces immigration laws within the United States. Families are released with just booking records — when they get paperwork at all — though only parents are photographed and fingerprinted.

6 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

Homeless crisis is going to get worse.

MISSION, Texas – Overwhelmed and underprepared, U.S. authorities are releasing migrant families on the Mexican border without notices to appear in immigration court or without any paperwork at all — a time-saving move that has left many migrants confused and with nowhere to go.

The rapid releases ease pressure on the Border Patrol and its badly overcrowded holding facilities but shifts work to Immigration and Customs and Enforcement, the agency that enforces immigration laws within the United States. Families are released with just booking records — when they get paperwork at all — though only parents are photographed and fingerprinted.

where you get that from? 

15 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Horrible..looks like a sardine canning plant.

Yeah, looks like the third-world conditions they were trying to escape from.  Never thought I would see that here.

19 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

hell, in this thread there was no responses or honest discussions about numbers over the years that were linked in articles and charts......... until it looked like Biden's numbers were going to be higher.  then it's all about the record breaking numbers!! 

Wait....wut?  Are you serious?  Your post is revisionist history at it's finest.  No talk about numbers?  That's absurd.  That's ALL that was talked about - anything to GET TRUMP!!!

19 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Idk about this thread, but there has been a loT of discussion all over about Biden’s plans to let people in.  That’s why there was a flood of them at the border on Inauguration Day wearing Biden shirts.  People knew right away the numbers were going to be much higher.  Actually many knew it in November’.

3 hours ago, FairWarning said:

Are they giving these kids sedatives? I'm 1/2 joking but I know at those ages, my kids were walking all over every piece of furniture in the house and couldnt stay in one place for more then 30 seconds

• Like 1

Here  was an article that I was looking for that backed up what the podcast was talking about.  No easy answers, but there were consequences to the polices that we had in place - one was that the smugglers that we are all condemning were making out.  I am sure I will get the standard reply, but just posting it because I came across it looking for something else, thought it was interesting, and thought it shed some light on how there are no easy answers.  

8 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Here  was an article that I was looking for that backed up what the podcast was talking about.  No easy answers, but there were consequences to the polices that we had in place - one was that the smugglers that we are all condemning were making out.  I am sure I will get the standard reply, but just posting it because I came across it looking for something else, thought it was interesting, and thought it shed some light on how there are no easy answers.  

We should be able to control our borders in a pandemic though, like every other country.  

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 2:20 PM, timschochet said:

Sorry but if your solution to this issue is “keep them all out” I don’t think you get to criticize whatever mistakes Biden is making. If you are willing to say, “I want to help these people, Biden is going about it the wrong way, here’s what I would do to make it better” then I’m willing to listen to you. But if you were a supporter of the previous President’s policies on this issue, your current views are largely irrelevant IMO. 

Rome - The Redemption of Lucius Vorenus •Jan 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnVH8x9iAM

Tim, many people find their outlook and health are improved by walking each day. I do other training, but I walk four miles a day. It's a little easier for me compared to others, since I'm retired, but at some point, I make sure to walk in an area where I have lots of room, can take off my mask and get plenty of sunlight (Vitamin D)  Just about every American is deficient in Magnesium. It's best to take this at night. For some people it helps calms them and helps them sleep. At night, it's good to have good sleep hygiene. You have a ritual in preparation for bed and you go to bed at the same time each night.

Most people are chronically dehydrated. Actually, sadly, most people walk around their lives about a full quart low. The difference it makes in your mood and mental health is pretty dramatic.

My observation and experience is nothing is better for one's mental health than dancing, martial arts and strength training - in that order. The Spartans danced, the Romans danced, Walter Payton danced, Herschel Walker danced, Bruce Lee danced. Studies have been done  that the elderly who dance, their cognitive abilities show some improvement. Also it slows down decline of such. Anyone here can make a kettle bell out of a big rock of the right shape, some rope and some duct tape.

I've had employees where you are right now. All they did was shuffle into work, kept their head down, and had some routine post work that got them no functional social contact. They found a proxy for it but one with a clear negative feedback loop.  It's an easy trap to fall into and often people forget to take care of themselves.

Let's talk further and set you up a daily routine that primes you for logistical success.

For better or worse, the people here are your family now, and we all will help you.

1 hour ago, Hoodoo said:

Anybody watch this press conference today with Texas Gov Abbott? This is absolute frigging insanity what they are having to deal with.

https://fb.watch/4BYIhTTGCR/

what did you expect when the rule of law was thrown out the window when Biden was elected in regards to immigration?  not talked about, not put before any committee.  Just thrown out the damn window.

Texas & Arizona------------Just handle it!!!!!!   we want the votes.

Biden swore to uphold the laws of the United States.

out the #######g window-just like that.

law?  not when it comes to votes or staying in power.

so so sick.

when you can just slide the rule of law under the table & call in your media to calm the people--------------------well, we have a problem.

1 hour ago, FairWarning said:

We should be able to control our borders in a pandemic though, like every other country.  

we should, we can, we don't.

votes are more important than the rule of law.  it is what it is & it's pathetic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FairWarning said:

The point some are trying to make is that it hasn't been controlled for awhile.  Seems like we take a bite out of a #### sandwich either way.   I get the impulse of not wanting to turn back kids, but then you get what we have now.  Do what we were doing, and we still have high numbers and we feed into the smugglers like the article suggested.  

At the end of the day, Biden should have tried to wait a few months to do this.  Even then, I am not sure what he would have done to make the other side happy anyway (since he was going to choose to let the unaccompanied minors in).  There is a decent size group of people that don't want them in period, so even if he waiting months to do it, planned to have a lot more facilities and such built - be honest, wouldn't that have still riled up the other side because we would be spending tax $ to house immigrants and build that instead of something else?

Assuming it was not a matter of if he was going to let the unaccompanied kids in, but when - is there a time frame or something that he could have done differently to have people from the other side on board? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

The point some are trying to make is that it hasn't been controlled for awhile.  Seems like we take a bite out of a #### sandwich either way.   I get the impulse of not wanting to turn back kids, but then you get what we have now.  Do what we were doing, and we still have high numbers and we feed into the smugglers like the article suggested.  

At the end of the day, Biden should have tried to wait a few months to do this.  Even then, I am not sure what he would have done to make the other side happy anyway (since he was going to choose to let the unaccompanied minors in).  There is a decent size group of people that don't want them in period, so even if he waiting months to do it, planned to have a lot more facilities and such built - be honest, wouldn't that have still riled up the other side because we would be spending tax $ to house immigrants and build that instead of something else?

Assuming it was not a matter of if he was going to let the unaccompanied kids in, but when - is there a time frame or something that he could have done differently to have people from the other side on board? 

Agree, it gives us time to come up with a plan.  It also buys time involving Covid.  

On 3/31/2021 at 5:20 PM, timschochet said:

Sorry but if your solution to this issue is “keep them all out” I don’t think you get to criticize whatever mistakes Biden is making. If you are willing to say, “I want to help these people, Biden is going about it the wrong way, here’s what I would do to make it better” then I’m willing to listen to you. But if you were a supporter of the previous President’s policies on this issue, your current views are largely irrelevant IMO. 

I thought you didn't believe in cancel culture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FairWarning said:

Agree, it gives us time to come up with a plan.  It also buys time involving Covid.  

Question still stands - what type of plan do you think wouldn't get this reaction from his opponents?  Or is letting the kids through a non-starter?

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

Question still stands - what type of plan do you think wouldn't get this reaction from his opponents?  Or is letting the kids through a non-starter?

I think the bigger outrage isn't that they are here, its that they are here illegally.  I do understand that isn't always possible to document them, but we have to.  I'm sure there are some on the right who wan't nothing to change so they can get cheap labor.  

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

just asking:  why can't we just follow the laws currently on the books?

want to change it, maybe change the law?

again, just asking.

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

I know that it sounds heartless, but you absolutely MUST secure the border in order to discourage people from seeking illegal means to enter the country. As long as that option is open to them and we encourage them with benefits and the promise of citizenship then they will continue to come and take whatever risks they think is necessary. I have no problems with humanitarian efforts to take refugees LEGALLY, but the ####storm that we have going on right now absolutely MUST stop. Over 16.000 people in ONE MONTH in apprehensions by the state alone with no signs of slowing and that's just the ones that are caught. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Hoodoo said:

I know that it sounds heartless, but you absolutely MUST secure the border in order to discourage people from seeking illegal means to enter the country. As long as that option is open to them and we encourage them with benefits and the promise of citizenship then they will continue to come and take whatever risks they think is necessary. I have no problems with humanitarian efforts to take refugees LEGALLY, but the ####storm that we have going on right now absolutely MUST stop. Over 16.000 people in ONE MONTH in apprehensions by the state alone with no signs of slowing and that's just the ones that are caught. 

It gets brushed aside with the typical comment, but it has been brought up that looking at numbers they weren't secured and haven't been for a bit.   So what's the answer if the strong arm approach wasn't working, and letting in the unaccompanied minors isn't currently working?  

I think a disconnect is understanding the desperation these people have, and we have hope up here for them no matter who is in the Oval Office, so they are going to try to get in.   Personally, I can't fathom how down my situation would have to be to send one of my children solo thousands of miles and pay thousands of dollars to do so.  As I've said - messed up situation.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

It gets brushed aside with the typical comment, but it has been brought up that looking at numbers they weren't secured and haven't been for a bit.   So what's the answer if the strong arm approach wasn't working, and letting in the unaccompanied minors isn't currently working?  

I think a disconnect is understanding the desperation these people have, and we have hope up here for them no matter who is in the Oval Office, so they are going to try to get in.   Personally, I can't fathom how down my situation would have to be to send one of my children solo thousands of miles and pay thousands of dollars to do so.  As I've said - messed up situation.  

The so-called strong-arm approach, was working to an extent, certainly better than what we're seeing now. The numbers that are being reported now are absolutely unprecedented. I'm not saying that overall it''s the best approach, but it has to start with damming the flood before we start while also addressing the issues that are driving them here. I don't think there's a disconnect with understanding their desperation, I think that our policies have lent to idea that we are their absolute salvation and whatever cost they have to give in order to get here, they will pay. And if you listened to the press conference, they are not just sending their children solo, the cartels are purposefully separating them and using the children as a diversion.

Kids grow up just fine in Mexico or Guatemala.  Not our problem.  

16 minutes ago, Hoodoo said:

The so-called strong-arm approach, was working to an extent, certainly better than what we're seeing now. The numbers that are being reported now are absolutely unprecedented. I'm not saying that overall it''s the best approach, but it has to start with damming the flood before we start while also addressing the issues that are driving them here. I don't think there's a disconnect with understanding their desperation, I think that our policies have lent to idea that we are their absolute salvation and whatever cost they have to give in order to get here, they will pay. And if you listened to the press conference, they are not just sending their children solo, the cartels are purposefully separating them and using the children as a diversion.

That's a huge part of the problem, and I don't know what can be done about that.   Seems like the cartels/smugglers will use whatever we have in place to benefit them - we build a wall and they tell them they have to go right away before it's even harder to get in and/or show them videos about how easy it is to get over the wall.   We say we are letting children in, and they try to separate them.   I have 0 clue how you combat those groups.  

Edited by KarmaPolice

1 hour ago, Hoodoo said:

There is a huge problem right now that could and should have been avoided..  Biden should have waited one even two years to reverse Trumps orders.  With Trump people knew it would be difficult to enter but now the floogates are open. There were Biden banners in a camp in Tijauna.   

A teacher from Texas was interviewed today.   Although she was very sympathetic she said these thousands and thousands of kids who are already way behind in schools, who do not speak english will end up in lower income, poor performing schools.  Then the teachers will have to spend way more of their time trying to get them up to speed. In turn hurting the minority and marginalized kids who are already struggling. It is a lose lose for the kids.

.....I think a disconnect is understanding the desperation these people have, and we have hope up here for them no matter who is in the Oval Office, so they are going to try to get in. .....

The "disconnect" is part of the problem is the worst kept secret in all of professional American politics.

W.Bush and Cheney ran Operation Wide Receiver. When Obama took over, he gave it to Eric Holder and it became Operation Fast And Furious. The MSM even developed a new term for it - "gun walking", to give soft cover for the fact that everyone is supposed to ignore that Holder cut a deal with the Sineloa Cartel.

It's like Eric Holder watched a couple of episodes of The Shield and Breaking Bad and came up with some genius plot to try to use a cartel like a silent army. You know you've reached epic levels of stupidity when even Hillary Clinton, who never met a laundered dollar from the DNC she didn't like, wouldn't take it that far.herself.

What about the Mexican citizens slaughtered by the guns Holder pushed into the cartel?  I mean if we are talking impact on the border. What about the Border Patrol Agent who died in a firefight where the gun that killed him was "gun walked" by the Obama Administration. Can't talk about that can we.

Some even affectionately call this regime into "Obama's Third Term"

Why should anyone be surprised by this "Third Term", the first two terms gave us

- Using the IRS to punish Conservatives/Republicans

- The aforementioned OF&F

- Benghazi

- Obamacare (Am I the only small business owner here who endured this madness? )

- Bowe Bergdahl and the Taliban Five

- Weaponizing Iran

- Solyndra ( How is this not one of the worst scandals in American political history? Oh wait, it's because Obama was on the cover of Oprah's magazine and Hollywood loved Michelle. That's right. )

- OPM data breach and NSA PRISM ( Why care about things like your personal privacy right?)

- Violating the phone records of the Associated Press ( guess Matt Lee should have stopped battering Psaki with those crazy things called actual questions that don't line up with the identity politics narrative)

But hey, let's have a gaggle of Wonderbread-lite liberal college educated white collar professionals too drunk on cheap Trader Joes wine that feel empowered because they could buy into one of the biggest acts of identity politics virtue signaling possible in modern society.

You get your own Intersectional Coalition Decoder Ring! But you don't get to keep your health plan if you like it and want to do that, even if you were promised that.

Jordan Peterson said something completely insane. He said a person needs to get their own life in order before they can try to help others. The US has it's own problems. I sympathize with those across the border who want a better life for their kids. But it's clear America hasn't fixed it's own self inflicted suffering yet. But since Peterson said that, the radical left wokies tried to cancel him too.

There are homeless veterans on the streets. Some who fought for this country. How about we work on saving them first?  Should I be deplatformed, demonetized, ostracized and demonized for saying that?

More votes to turn Red strongholds into Big Blue cities. That's all this is about. And using our taxpayer dollars, that our grandchildren and their grandchildren will have to pay for, to do it.

I get why some of you hated Trump. He's an exhausting self serving narcissistic grifter.  But some of you voted for this current mess. Enjoy it. Sit down, grab a big spoon and eat the whole damn meal.

15 hours ago, FairWarning said:

Yeah, looks like the third-world conditions they were trying to escape from.  Never thought I would see that here.

You should spend some time in Appalachia...at least what's at our border is temporary.  :shrug: 

7 minutes ago, The Commish said:

You should spend some time in Appalachia...at least what's at our border is temporary.  :shrug: 

You guys are survivalists.   My suite mates in college were on the hoops team, hated the drive from Kalamazoo to Athens Ohio.  Said the area was very different.

9 hours ago, Da Guru said:

There is a huge problem right now that could and should have been avoided..  Biden should have waited one even two years to reverse Trumps orders.  With Trump people knew it would be difficult to enter but now the floogates are open. There were Biden banners in a camp in Tijauna.   

A teacher from Texas was interviewed today.   Although she was very sympathetic she said these thousands and thousands of kids who are already way behind in schools, who do not speak english will end up in lower income, poor performing schools.  Then the teachers will have to spend way more of their time trying to get them up to speed. In turn hurting the minority and marginalized kids who are already struggling. It is a lose lose for the kids.

So what you are saying is they are poor and will stay poor. They will struggle in school and they will use more resources per capita. 

Sounds like the democrats are getting exactly what they want as they try and build yet another voting group they can continuously promise free stuff to and blame their woes on discrimination.

11 hours ago, tonydead said:

Kids grow up just fine in Mexico or Guatemala.  Not our problem.  

Except no...they aren't growing up just fine which is the reason many are risking their lives to come here.

Turning our back is not necessarily the best plan.  Nor a responsible one from a super power.

8 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Except no...they aren't growing up just fine which is the reason many are risking their lives to come here.

Turning our back is not necessarily the best plan.  Nor a responsible one from a super power.

How many of these children are you going to foster?  

20 minutes ago, tonydead said:

How many of these children are you going to foster?  

The typical confrontational excuse for such a conversation.

Good day...not getting in to the same back and forth crap.

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

The typical confrontational excuse for such a conversation.

Good day...not getting in to the same back and forth crap.

Try not replying in the first place.

You do zero for these children you pretend to support. Fake keyboard mashing social justice warrioring. Every single thread, every single day. 

48 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Try not replying in the first place.

You do zero for these children you pretend to support. Fake keyboard mashing social justice warrioring. Every single thread, every single day. 

:lol:  Come on, we are dudes on the internet talking about politics.    Should we ask you if you were personally at the border making it secure? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol:  Come on, we are dudes on the internet talking about politics.    Should we ask you if you were personally at the border making it secure? 

Also, not sure if Tony himself fits into this category but couldn’t you the say the same exact thing for the pro-life people who don’t foster any kids? If they don’t foster any kids, does that mean they don’t care about abortion? Seems like a pretty absurd standard to set to me. 

• Like 1