Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tim... come on man. My views lean left but CNN most certainly has a liberal bias. Watching Cuomo on primetime isn't much different than a Hannity or Tucker Carlson on Fox. At the end of the day, they'

Did I say he didn't?  If you're gonna stutter over but trump then do the same for Obama.  Otherwise, it's on Biden to deal with now and has nothing to do with Trump.  That's just a lazy way to deflect

If you log in to an internet message board and look for things to report.... without even knowing what you’re talking about... you might be better off finding something else to do

32 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol:  Come on, we are dudes on the internet talking about politics.    Should we ask you if you were personally at the border making it secure? 

Sure.  I've personally advised companies that had contracts to build portions of the wall.  I was personally at the border walls being built in in El Paso and McAllan during the Obama years (yes I realize the bill was passed under George W. and not Obama, but they kept building).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, tonydead said:
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol:  Come on, we are dudes on the internet talking about politics.    Should we ask you if you were personally at the border making it secure? 

Sure.  I've personally advised companies that had contracts to build portions of the wall.  I was personally at the border walls being built in in El Paso and McAllan during the Obama years (yes I realize the bill was passed under George W. and not Obama, but they kept building).

To be fair.....He asked about you being "at the border making it secure" not if you were there when a wall was being built.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonydead said:

Sure.  I've personally advised companies that had contracts to build portions of the wall.  I was personally at the border walls being built in in El Paso and McAllan during the Obama years (yes I realize the bill was passed under George W. and not Obama, but they kept building).

 

Lol how many times are you going to brag about this irrelevant old news? There’s never going to be a wall. All of your “work” was for nothing. Also, the children are coming here, and your tax money is going to help to pay for them to be here. As it should. 
This battle is over, you lost. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Lol how many times are you going to brag about this irrelevant old news? There’s never going to be a wall. All of your “work” was for nothing. Also, the children are coming here, and your tax money is going to help to pay for them to be here. As it should. 
This battle is over, you lost. 

Tim is correct.   Tony did lose but so does Tim and any of us that work and pay taxes.  Our kids and grandkids all lost too.   Opening the borders is going to put more pressure on a country that already faces a mountain of problems and debt problem.   The working suckers will be paying more taxes to support all the needs of the illegals.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Tim is correct.   Tony did lose but so does Tim and any of us that work and pay taxes.  Our kids and grandkids all lost too.   Opening the borders is going to put more pressure on a country that already faces a mountain of problems and debt problem.   The working suckers will be paying more taxes to support all the needs of the illegals.   

Nope. We all win, including @tonydead. But it will take years to see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol:  Come on, we are dudes on the internet talking about politics.    Should we ask you if you were personally at the border making it secure? 

Its the same as those saying..w.ell you are free to send in more for taxes if you want.  Its just a ridiculous response to any of us thinking we, as a super power, can do more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timschochet said:

Lol how many times are you going to brag about this irrelevant old news? There’s never going to be a wall. All of your “work” was for nothing. Also, the children are coming here, and your tax money is going to help to pay for them to be here. As it should. 
This battle is over, you lost. 

We got paid almost 2 billion dollars.  That's not for nothing.  Will Joe pay us to take it down now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Its the same as those saying..w.ell you are free to send in more for taxes if you want.  Its just a ridiculous response to any of us thinking we, as a super power, can do more.

You've done zero, we know that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Projections reviewed by CNN this week indicate that encounters are expected to continue rising through September, though estimates could be subject to change in the event of policy modifications or other changes in Latin America.

:o

That would put the total in the multi millions. 

Edited by tonydead
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw that the numbers for March were what tony and I believe FW were talking - about 170K?    Will be an interesting couple of months to see if the administration can put together a plan to deal with this.  Can't keep status quo down there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Just saw that the numbers for March were what tony and I believe FW were talking - about 170K?    Will be an interesting couple of months to see if the administration can put together a plan to deal with this.  Can't keep status quo down there.  

I'm guessing the plan is going to be to blame Trump.  Just wait.  You'll see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I'm guessing the plan is going to be to blame Trump.  Just wait.  You'll see.

The first part of the plan will be to continue to ignore the problem and act like it doesn’t exist.    Fortunately for Biden, the liberal media will continue to help with the plan.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

The first part of the plan will be to continue to ignore the problem and act like it doesn’t exist.    Fortunately for Biden, the liberal media will continue to help with the plan.  

You bet they will.  That's why the media isn't the "4th wall" as they like to proclaim themselves.  They are nothing more than propaganda arms of the Democrats.  They've failed the people.  Well, the people that they don't represent anyways (and they shouldn't be "representing" anyone except the truth).

Edited by BladeRunner
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

The first part of the plan will be to continue to ignore the problem and act like it doesn’t exist.    Fortunately for Biden, the liberal media will continue to help with the plan.  

I find it hard to believe conservative media is ignoring this problem.

But I watch/hear most of the other media and they are certainly not ignoring it.  It was basically the first half of his first press conference for example.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol: I just can't do it anymore with you guys and the #####ing about the media.  

I get it.  When it 99% benefits your side you "just can't deal with the complaining anymore".  It's easy to say that when the censorship supports your views.  It's also dishonest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 8:57 AM, tonydead said:

How many of these children are you going to foster?  

Right.  That's a way to make a real difference.  Where do they expect all these children to end up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, timschochet said:

Lol how many times are you going to brag about this irrelevant old news? There’s never going to be a wall. All of your “work” was for nothing. Also, the children are coming here, and your tax money is going to help to pay for them to be here. As it should. 
This battle is over, you lost. 

More competition equals cheaper labor for you, right?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

More competition equals cheaper labor for you, right?

Tim's constant declarations of victory for him and defeat for everyone else are hilarious.  It's as if he really believes that.  :lol:

I think he's more trying to convince himself then trying to convince us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Tim's constant declarations of victory for him and defeat for everyone else are hilarious.  It's as if he really believes that.  :lol:

I think he's more trying to convince himself then trying to convince us. 

Nah. I lose all the time. But not on this issue. It only goes one way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tonydead said:

We got paid almost 2 billion dollars.  That's not for nothing.  Will Joe pay us to take it down now?

So you raked the government for useless spending. Proud? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Nah. I lose all the time. But not on this issue. It only goes one way. 

Sure, Tim. Sure. 

The previous four years you lost, but now suddenly you won and it's over.  Have you convinced yourself yet?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

Sure, Tim. Sure. 

The previous four years you lost, but now suddenly you won and it's over.  Have you convinced yourself yet?

 

The previous 4 years demonstrated that you can’t stop them coming in. You can’t really even slow it down much, though Biden doesn’t realize that yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The previous 4 years demonstrated that you can’t stop them coming in. You can’t really even slow it down much, though Biden doesn’t realize that yet. 

Wut?  Trump slowed it down to a trickle, if anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Tim's constant declarations of victory for him and defeat for everyone else are hilarious.  It's as if he really believes that.  :lol:

I think he's more trying to convince himself then trying to convince us. 

He's just trolling you and trying to get you to react.  Usually he bats under .200 though so good chance his declarations are totally off base.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Wut?  Trump slowed it down to a trickle, if anything. 

The numbers don't bear this out. 2019 again as an example that has been already talked about.

2020 was slowed down of course...that whole pandemic thing is hard to use as some sort of victory or trend on so many levels though, isn't it?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

How long can they keep up the lie that this is the same as it always is?

 

You talking people in here, or the administration?

It's not the same as it always was.   The border is always an issue, but there is different factors each time.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, timschochet said:

The previous 4 years demonstrated that you can’t stop them coming in. You can’t really even slow it down much, though Biden doesn’t realize that yet. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/as-trump-moves-to-declare-national-emergency-to-build-wall-border-crossings-at-record-lows.html

As President Donald Trump declares a national emergency to build a border wall, crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border are at their lowest levels in nearly 50 years.

There were 303,916 apprehensions along the southern border during the 2017 fiscal year, the lowest level since 1971.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/as-trump-moves-to-declare-national-emergency-to-build-wall-border-crossings-at-record-lows.html

As President Donald Trump declares a national emergency to build a border wall, crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border are at their lowest levels in nearly 50 years.

There were 303,916 apprehensions along the southern border during the 2017 fiscal year, the lowest level since 1971.

 

That article was also before the spike of 135K apprehensions a couple months later in 2019.   I believe it was April or May.   I believe it was 2019 that we had almost 1M for the year.   The numbers we are talking about have been posted 2-3 times in this thread.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol: I just can't do it anymore with you guys and the #####ing about the media.  

It's just an excuse to ignore reality

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol: at Trump slowing the flow to a trickle.   Come on, guys.  

Huh?  You need to stop regurgitating talking points and maybe do some research.  @ekbeats totally proved you wrong and I bet he didn't even work up a sweat doing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Huh?  You need to stop regurgitating talking points and maybe do some research.  @ekbeats totally proved you wrong and I bet he didn't even work up a sweat doing it.

No he didn’t...it was easily countered in the next post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 1:02 PM, ekbeats said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/as-trump-moves-to-declare-national-emergency-to-build-wall-border-crossings-at-record-lows.html

As President Donald Trump declares a national emergency to build a border wall, crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border are at their lowest levels in nearly 50 years.

There were 303,916 apprehensions along the southern border during the 2017 fiscal year, the lowest level since 1971.

 

I'd recommend continuing to follow the trend through 2019...see where that takes you :shrug:

Trump failed at this like Biden is failing like every President in my voting life has failed.  Until you get more lawyers, judges and processing facilities down there, you will continue to fail.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I'd recommend continuing to follow the trend through 2019...see where that takes you :shrug:

Trump failed at this like Biden is failing like every President in my voting life has failed.  Until you get more lawyers, judges and processing facilities down there, you will continue to fail.  

Wasn't this a Warren Zevon song?   Sorry, dumb joke.   

Agree.  I was just listening to another podcast (I know - big shock), and they said something like we have a backlog of about 1M cases that need to be processed? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Wasn't this a Warren Zevon song?   Sorry, dumb joke.   

Agree.  I was just listening to another podcast (I know - big shock), and they said something like we have a backlog of about 1M cases that need to be processed? 

 

I don't know how many there are.  I'm shocked it's only 1 million (if true)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Commish said:

I'd recommend continuing to follow the trend through 2019...see where that takes you :shrug:

Trump failed at this like Biden is failing like every President in my voting life has failed.  Until you get more lawyers, judges and processing facilities down there, you will continue to fail.  

I'd recommend you extend the blue line in this graph to 171K in March and see where that takes you.

:lmao: Just like very other president.  No, nothing is different with open border Joe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tonydead said:

I'd recommend you extend the blue line in this graph to 171K in March and see where that takes you.

:lmao: Just like very other president.  No, nothing is different with open border Joe.

In most people lack of reading comprehension is a bug.  With you it seems to be a feature :lol: 

None of this addresses a word I said.  They've all failed and they'll all continue to fail until they address the actual problem.  If you want to pound your chest because your guy failed "less" than another guy, you go ahead and set your bar there.  I can't imagine living in a world like that, but "OMG!!!!!  POLITICS!!!!!!"  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Commish said:

In most people lack of reading comprehension is a bug.  With you it seems to be a feature :lol: 

None of this addresses a word I said.  They've all failed and they'll all continue to fail until they address the actual problem.  If you want to pound your chest because your guy failed "less" than another guy, you go ahead and set your bar there.  I can't imagine living in a world like that, but "OMG!!!!!  POLITICS!!!!!!"  

One of these things is not like the others. I thought for sure you could grasp a simple chart. Guess not. 

:lol:. The paint worn off your ! key?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...