What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (1 Viewer)

she was pretty concerned when Trump was Pres. as she made a few trips there for photo ops. with cages left over from the Obama administration.  to be fair she is a politician & will do what she thinks will get her re-elected & not for what is right for the country. 
:own3d:

It's not an obsession of people wondering why she hasn't gone there. It's her sudden obsession of avoiding the border at all costs. 

Seems like that's the LEAST thing you could do since you were directly given the job of GETTING THE BORDER UNDER CONTROL by the POTUS.

Its absurd.  This wouldn't fly in private business at all.
I think it was commish that did a great job of explaining what she is tasked with.  Pretty sure it's not manning the border or stopping people from coming over herself.   More as a liason between C.American countries and working with them, right?  (maybe i misunderstood).   I am sure there are a lot of this that leaders are tasked with running where they don't have physical contact or a working knowledge of.

Not in private business ?  Come on - we have a franchise offices here filled with people who haven't worked at or been to our stores, but they are setting policies for us and trying to fix problems in the stores.  

So if Harris isn't responsible for solving the border crisis, nor is Biden, then who is?

Perhaps the fact we even have to ask that question tells us all we need to know about why it isn't solved...

Of course it's not for fans of open borders...but it is for the majority of Americans.

About two-thirds of US adults said the Biden administration was doing a very bad or somewhat bad job of dealing with the increased number of people seeking asylum, according to a May survey from the Pew Research Center.

https://www.dw.com/en/us-and-mexico-vow-to-cooperate-on-border-crisis/a-57464594
I know. What can I say? They’re wrong. A strong majority of Americans have always been wrong about this issue. 

And it’s pretty simple why we’ve had a “crisis” on this issue for going on 40 years now: because the vast majority of Americans don’t like the idea of illegal immigrants (their term, not mine), but they’re not willing to do what it would take to get rid of them, because that would involve inhumane treatment. 

That’s because the Trump Administration was deliberately separating families. That particular crime has stopped, thankfully. 
If we are being fair, it's both.  It was the separation of the families + the conditions they were being kept in.  Fortunately one part of that was taken care of, but the crap conditions was not.  

And it’s pretty simple why we’ve had a “crisis” on this issue for going on 40 years now: because the vast majority of Americans don’t like the idea of illegal immigrants (their term, not mine), but they’re not willing to do what it would take to get rid of them, because that would involve inhumane treatment. 
I think there is some truth to this.   We also enjoy the results of what the immigrants bring to the table, but fully admitting that would be presenting as "soft" on immigration.  

What is the obsession with physically visiting the border? 
If you are trying to solve a problem you need to fully understand it.  You can’t understand it without immersing yourself in it meaning you get on the ground at the border.  In realty this administration doesn’t want to fix it so it’s all good. 

If you are trying to solve a problem you need to fully understand it.  You can’t understand it without immersing yourself in it meaning you get on the ground at the border.  In realty this administration doesn’t want to fix it so it’s all good. 
I guess I just don't agree with the bolded.  I agree you should understand it, but like I said we do this all the time in politics and business acting on things we haven't been to/experienced.   Mostly physically being there would be for optics and politicing and photos.   Mostly, IMO, it's just now something for the opponents to focus on to make it look like they are doing nothing.   

Full disclosure - I have 0 clue what she is or is not doing about the issue, just think the "why hasn't she been there??!!" obsession has gotten a bit silly.   I know the number of encounters leveled off for April, but haven't seen numbers for May yet.  

As always, keep bringing these awesome insightful posts to the table and keep denying most of your posts aren't related to sho and tim... 
As always, keep following me around and commenting on everything I post.  Because I'm pretty sure I commented on the same topic that you did.

As always, keep following me around and commenting on everything I post.  Because I'm pretty sure I commented on the same topic that you did.
Good one.   I have you on ignore, but without fail when I decide to click on a post it's a shot at tim or sho and no actual thoughts on the topic.   Never change, GB.  

to physically go everywhere you have to make decisions about? 
I mean, it's even more demanding then that....see Obama's failure not to visit New Orleans after Katrina.  He took office as a Senator in Jan of 2005 and the hurricane happened a few short months later.

Lmao

You post all the time about Joe’s approval rating but when someone posts results of something you don’t agree with “they’re wrong”.

:lmao:
Just to be fair, here, there are statements where an approval rating is an appropriate response (and lots where it isn't).  For example, an approval rating isn't really a good response to the statement "Joe Biden is doing a terrible job".  However, it's a perfectly appropriate response to the statement "Most Americans think Biden is doing a terrible job".

I would agree that she needs to go visit.  Though, its not as if she isn't advised by people there.  But she should still go.

But the interesting thing...is you make a really good point with the bolded.  Yet, here we are...most of us having never been close to the border...still talking about it.  Im sure we will get the usual anecdotal internet talk of claiming to have been there as well.  But the vast majority...no, not even close to seeing all that is going on (and I mean all).

I guess I just don't agree with the bolded.  I agree you should understand it, but like I said we do this all the time in politics and business acting on things we haven't been to/experienced.   Mostly physically being there would be for optics and politicing and photos.   Mostly, IMO, it's just now something for the opponents to focus on to make it look like they are doing nothing.   

Full disclosure - I have 0 clue what she is or is not doing about the issue, just think the "why hasn't she been there??!!" obsession has gotten a bit silly.   I know the number of encounters leveled off for April, but haven't seen numbers for May yet.  
And that is the worry...if she goes, it cannot be just for the photo op.

Good one.   I have you on ignore, but without fail when I decide to click on a post it's a shot at tim or sho and no actual thoughts on the topic.   Never change, GB.  
On ignore?  :lmao:

You seem to know all of my posts by heart.  Weird use of ignore.  It's okay to have a crush on me

Just to be fair, here, there are statements where an approval rating is an appropriate response (and lots where it isn't).  For example, an approval rating isn't really a good response to the statement "Joe Biden is doing a terrible job".  However, it's a perfectly appropriate response to the statement "Most Americans think Biden is doing a terrible job".
This is correct. I don’t use Biden’s approval rating to justify how good a job he’s doing; I use it to discuss his political position. 
On this issue I’m in the minority. I suspect I always will be. Nonetheless I’ll continue to argue it because I believe I’m right, and because it’s a serious, life and death issue for so many people. I’m not trying to win anything here. 

Somebody is certainly following somebody around. That part is for certain. 
Great one Tim.  You're having a great week back.  Dismissed the President making creepy comments about underaged girls, declared the border crisis "not a big deal", and just roasted me at 6am in the morning.  Keep up the great work

Get on the ground to me means interviewing border agents, ice, migrants etc.  viewing detention centers not just visit the border and look around.  Perhaps she could better understand the problem and enact changes sooner to help the situation improve.

Great one Tim.  You're having a great week back.  Dismissed the President making creepy comments about underaged girls, declared the border crisis "not a big deal", and just roasted me at 6am in the morning.  Keep up the great work
You know, a lot of people here have made comments about you and a few others stalking me, and I’ve never paid too much attention to it (beyond a joke or too) but this post is pretty unnerving. You seem to know when I’m here and when I’m not. You follow my posts on a variety of subjects. It sure seems like a majority of your posts are responses to something I wrote (and most of them, like this one, are personal attacks rather than any discussion of actual issues.) 

I have no personal animosity towards you, or anyone else here. I’m here to discuss issues, not people. I think you’re here to discuss other posters. 

stlrams said:
Get on the ground to me means interviewing border agents, ice, migrants etc.  viewing detention centers not just visit the border and look around.  Perhaps she could better understand the problem and enact changes sooner to help the situation improve.
By this logic, no Congressional representative should ever vote on a disaster package without visiting the area, right?  Or vote on a foreign aid package without visiting every country represented in the bill?

By this logic, no Congressional representative should ever vote on a disaster package without visiting the area, right?  Or vote on a foreign aid package without visiting every country represented in the bill?
I get it, the optics look a tad bad, but I think it's silly to pretend in this day and age that the things he suggested she do can't be done virtually or by interviewing experts and people in the area.  I don't think it's mandatory to visit the border, but I get why the right would want to hammer home that she hasn't gone down there. 

I get it, the optics look a tad bad, but I think it's silly to pretend in this day and age that the things he suggested she do can't be done virtually or by interviewing experts and people in the area.  I don't think it's mandatory to visit the border, but I get why the right would want to hammer home that she hasn't gone down there. 
What's silly is to assume it's just "the right."

Biden and Harris flew George Floyd's family to Washington to meet with them personally. Don't you think "in this day and age" the racial agenda Biden/Harris want to accomplish couldn't "be done virtually or by interviewing experts and people in the area?"

No. They flew the family in and met with them personally to send a message they were addressing the larger issue.

Same, exact concept.

What's silly is to assume it's just "the right."

Biden and Harris flew George Floyd's family to Washington to meet with them personally. Don't you think "in this day and age" the racial agenda Biden/Harris want to accomplish couldn't "be done virtually or by interviewing experts and people in the area?"

No. They flew the family in and met with them personally to send a message they were addressing the larger issue.

Same, exact concept.
you are correct,  I just honestly haven't seen any people on the Left calling her out specifically for not going down there.  

fair point about the Floyd family visit, and at the very least sends a signal about possible priorities.  

just saying I don't believe her physically going there is mandatory for her addressing the issue. 

you are correct,  I just honestly haven't seen any people on the Left calling her out specifically for not going down there.  

fair point about the Floyd family visit, and at the very least sends a signal about possible priorities.  

just saying I don't believe her physically going there is mandatory for her addressing the issue. 
From a practical perspective, I totally agree.

The problem is that because the specific border issue has not been addressed (in the opinion of most Americans, at least)...the corresponding lack of physical presence gets elevated in importance...and increasingly becomes a symbol of incompetence/low priority agenda item.

timschochet said:
You know, a lot of people here have made comments about you and a few others stalking me, and I’ve never paid too much attention to it (beyond a joke or too) but this post is pretty unnerving. You seem to know when I’m here and when I’m not. You follow my posts on a variety of subjects. It sure seems like a majority of your posts are responses to something I wrote (and most of them, like this one, are personal attacks rather than any discussion of actual issues.) 

I have no personal animosity towards you, or anyone else here. I’m here to discuss issues, not people. I think you’re here to discuss other posters. 
Know when you're here?  You literally had just quoted me which gives an alert.   Give it a rest with your dumb weirdo stalker routine.  You pulled it on Tony a few weeks ago. 

If you don't want people to respond to you then don't post.  If you don't want to be challenged don't dominate every damn thread jumping in all of them making declarative statements as if you're the damn expert on every topic about everything.  It's not my fault you're bent out of shape about Biden making inappropriate comments towards underage girls.  I know you desperately don't want it to be true so you dismiss it but that doesn't mean the rest of us that aren't blinded by Biden love will dismiss it.  No matter how many times you demand us to post proof and then dismiss it.

You can keep attacking me and calling me names or whatever you want.  It's not going to stop me from responding to you when I want to. Again, you post what you want to post about it.  Let others do the same. 

From a practical perspective, I totally agree.

The problem is that because the specific border issue has not been addressed (in the opinion of most Americans, at least)...the corresponding lack of physical presence gets elevated in importance...and increasingly becomes a symbol of incompetence/low priority agenda item.
I get that.  I am of the opinion that it hasn't been addressed properly yet (for decades), so I am not getting my panties in a wad if Harris doesn't go take a tour.   I fully understand the optics of it for political reasons, just not practical reasons.  

Know when you're here?  You literally had just quoted me which gives an alert.   Give it a rest with your dumb weirdo stalker routine.  You pulled it on Tony a few weeks ago. 

If you don't want people to respond to you then don't post.  If you don't want to be challenged don't dominate every damn thread jumping in all of them making declarative statements as if you're the damn expert on every topic about everything.  It's not my fault you're bent out of shape about Biden making inappropriate comments towards underage girls.  I know you desperately don't want it to be true so you dismiss it but that doesn't mean the rest of us that aren't blinded by Biden love will dismiss it.  No matter how many times you demand us to post proof and then dismiss it.

You can keep attacking me and calling me names or whatever you want.  It's not going to stop me from responding to you when I want to. Again, you post what you want to post about it.  Let others do the same. 
This isn’t a rational response. Get some help. 

Users who are viewing this thread