What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (4 Viewers)

This isn’t a rational response. Get some help. 
Tim...go back to ignoring him.  This seems to be the reaction desired IMO.  In hopes to get you flustered and suspended.

It seems clear to most some would rather antagonize others rather than discuss or take a position on any issue.  Best to walk away from this one for sure.

By this logic, no Congressional representative should ever vote on a disaster package without visiting the area, right?  Or vote on a foreign aid package without visiting every country represented in the bill?
Every case is different and you know that.  In the border situation there’s an opportunity for her to get a greater appreciation that may help.  I think we mostly agreed there’s a problem with our current immigration system, how we are housing immigrants etc and it’s not getting better so let’s do something different.

This isn’t a rational response. Get some help. 
It's totally rational and 100% accurate.  It's not my fault you're embarrassed about getting called out for being here 24/7 relentlessly mashing the keyboard over and over and over.  This is yet another of your declarative statements where you think you can win/end a conversation because only you can be correct.  As history tells us, you're wrong again and keep looking foolish like your biden is a little behind the times comment when he's commenting on underage girls and the border crisis isn't a big deal (seemed to be before Biden). 

Tim...go back to ignoring him.  This seems to be the reaction desired IMO.  In hopes to get you flustered and suspended.

It seems clear to most some would rather antagonize others rather than discuss or take a position on any issue.  Best to walk away from this one for sure.
You're saying someone else is antagonizing the poster that just told another to go get some help?  Seems about right for you. 

And how do you know what I post?  You've let us know dozens of times you don't read my posts.  Which is it?

I get that.  I am of the opinion that it hasn't been addressed properly yet (for decades), so I am not getting my panties in a wad if Harris doesn't go take a tour.   I fully understand the optics of it for political reasons, just not practical reasons.  
That's cool. There's decades-long immigration issues and then there's near-term security issues.

I look at the stats and see two straight months of illegal border encounters (173K, 178K)...higher than any single month under the Trump Admin (144K in 2019). 

So count me as part of the near-70% of Americans who think Biden/Harris are doing a poor/very poor job.

The GOP wouldn't be micro-managing Harris' tour schedule if the Biden Admin wasn't displaying such incompetence.

That's cool. There's decades-long immigration issues and then there's near-term security issues.

I look at the stats and see two straight months of illegal border encounters (173K, 178K)...higher than any single month under the Trump Admin (144K in 2019). 

So count me as part of the near-70% of Americans who think Biden/Harris are doing a poor/very poor job.

The GOP wouldn't be micro-managing Harris' tour schedule if the Biden Admin wasn't displaying such incompetence.
did you also think he was doing a bad job of protecting the border? 

Again, until they get lawyers, judges, counselors and patrol beefed up as well as facilities to house people it will continue to grow our backlog and continue to be a failure.  This isn't a complicated thing to measure.

Every case is different and you know that.  In the border situation there’s an opportunity for her to get a greater appreciation that may help.  I think we mostly agreed there’s a problem with our current immigration system, how we are housing immigrants etc and it’s not getting better so let’s do something different.
cripes can we just address the elephant in the room?  the dems want to let in as many illegals in the USA as possible.  It's another way to get votes.  

there is a legal way to get in but that is too slow & time consuming.  laws are for, well,  other things that we agree with.

X 10.

good post.

yes, that is what I was asking. 
The family separation issue was a major f-up. 

But in terms of border security, Trump did just fine. He had his crisis beginning in January 2019. When the illegal crossing peaked in May at 144K, the MSM got all in his shorts. But Trump responded pretty quickly with his Mexico threats, etc. and the numbers dropped dramatically by 40% the very next month. Then steadily down for over a year.

The current crisis is worse in factual numbers plus has no end in sight.

The family separation issue was a major f-up. 

But in terms of border security, Trump did just fine. He had his crisis beginning in January 2019. When the illegal crossing peaked in May at 144K, the MSM got all in his shorts. But Trump responded pretty quickly with his Mexico threats, etc. and the numbers dropped dramatically by 40% the very next month. Then steadily down for over a year.

The current crisis is worse in factual numbers plus has no end in sight.
yea, but it's not a crisis according to the powers in Washington DC, but ask the people in AZ & Texas.  

KarmaPolice said:
I think it was commish that did a great job of explaining what she is tasked with.  Pretty sure it's not manning the border or stopping people from coming over herself.   More as a liason between C.American countries and working with them, right?  (maybe i misunderstood).   I am sure there are a lot of this that leaders are tasked with running where they don't have physical contact or a working knowledge of.

Not in private business ?  Come on - we have a franchise offices here filled with people who haven't worked at or been to our stores, but they are setting policies for us and trying to fix problems in the stores.  
If the CEO of your company told you to "GO FIX WAREHOUSE A", you better go to Warehouse A and see what's going on.

I guarantee you that person wouldn't last long if they didn't.

Yes. The latest available.
There was a typical seasonal spike in the Spring in years past and with COVID the prior year they expected these numbers to be large this year. 

Was curious as to how accurate this was. I believe these numbers should be coming out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
They was a typical seasonal spike in the Spring in years past and with COVID the prior year they expected these numbers to be large this year. 

Was curious as to how accurate this was. I believe these numbers should be coming out soon.
I think it's usually less than a week when the new numbers come out.  Not 100% sure though.  

They was a typical seasonal spike in the Spring in years past and with COVID the prior year they expected these numbers to be large this year. 

If Biden Admin expected the numbers to be large this year then they should have prepared accordingly. Planning 101.

Trump didn't get a pass for his seasonal spike in 2019. Nor should Biden.

If Biden Admin expected the numbers to be large this year then they should have prepared accordingly. Planning 101.

I’m not commenting on the preparedness one way or the other was just curious if the new numbers had come out.

For sure.  It was a #### show, and probably should have waited a couple months minimum.  

LA Times: Biden admin using facial recognition app at the border

Facing a backup of tens of thousands of migrants stranded at the U.S.-Mexico border, the Biden administration is betting on a technological fix: a mobile app.

In recent weeks, U.S. border officials have taken an unprecedented step, quietly deploying a new app, CBP One, which relies on controversial facial recognition, geolocation and cloud technology to collect, process and store sensitive information on asylum seekers before they enter the United States, according to three privacy-impact assessments conducted by the Homeland Security Department and experts who reviewed them for The Times......

But several experts who reviewed the privacy assessments said the Customs and Border Protection app raised alarms about unchecked data collection and surveillance by the government on vulnerable migrants who had little choice but to consent.

“CBP’s use of face recognition poses enormous risks to privacy and is another step down a dangerous path,” Ashley Gorski, senior attorney at the ACLU National Security Project, told The Times. “Whenever the government acquires a person’s faceprint, it creates a risk of persistent surveillance, where the government could identify and track people’s movements without their knowledge.”

Harris’ speech in Guatemala today was both good and awful. It was good that she noted the causes of migration: climate change, famine, economic misery, and she declared the willingness of the United States to help. 
It was awful that she then said, “to those of you looking to come to the United States, don’t come. You will be stopped; you will not be allowed in.” 
In some ways Democrats are far worse than Republicans on this issue. I disagree strongly with most conservatives on border issues but at least they speak from conviction; they know what they want. Democrats speak from cowardice. They have no idea what they really want, except to avoid getting in trouble. It’s shameful. 

Harris’ speech in Guatemala today was both good and awful. It was good that she noted the causes of migration: climate change, famine, economic misery, and she declared the willingness of the United States to help. 
It was awful that she then said, “to those of you looking to come to the United States, don’t come. You will be stopped; you will not be allowed in.” 
In some ways Democrats are far worse than Republicans on this issue. I disagree strongly with most conservatives on border issues but at least they speak from conviction; they know what they want. Democrats speak from cowardice. They have no idea what they really want, except to avoid getting in trouble. It’s shameful. 
Do you think she is a xenophobe?  Bigot?

(Guatemalan president) Giammattei said in a CBS News interview that aired Sunday that the Biden administration is to blame for sparking the migration crisis.

Vice President Kamala Harris traveled to Guatemala to discuss the border crisis with President Alejandro Giammattei.

The Guatemalan president said he and Harris “are not on the same side of the coin” on migration.

“We asked the United States government to send more of a clear message to prevent more people from leaving,” Giammattei said.

When Biden took office, “The message changed too: ‘We’re going to reunite families, we’re going to reunite children,’” he said. “The very next day, the coyotes were here organizing groups of children to take them to the United States.”

(Guatemalan president) Giammattei said in a CBS News interview that aired Sunday that the Biden administration is to blame for sparking the migration crisis.

Vice President Kamala Harris traveled to Guatemala to discuss the border crisis with President Alejandro Giammattei.

The Guatemalan president said he and Harris “are not on the same side of the coin” on migration.

“We asked the United States government to send more of a clear message to prevent more people from leaving,” Giammattei said.

When Biden took office, “The message changed too: ‘We’re going to reunite families, we’re going to reunite children,’” he said. “The very next day, the coyotes were here organizing groups of children to take them to the United States.”
I posted before about how this is used no matter who is POTUS.  I am sure they used that as a message to get their $ and convince people to head north.   For the previous administration they used the angle of they are getting strict, so you better go now + showed videos of successful attempts of getting over the wall. 

Biden is to blame for not having a plan and not having better conditions for immigrants, but these groups are going to swindle and use whatever message they can to get theirs. 

actually a lot more in that same article on the policies enacted or overturned by Biden that got us here especially the one where we now release the illegal immigrants into the good old USA with a immigration court date 2-4 years down the road with a promise from the immigrants to appear.  per stats 1 in 10 will show for the court date.  You don't think the Biden administration knows this?  Don't kid yourself although I know most will.    so tell me it's not Biden's fault for the surge.  yea right.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-guatemala-potential-migrants-turned-back-do-not-come

I posted before about how this is used no matter who is POTUS.  I am sure they used that as a message to get their $ and convince people to head north.   For the previous administration they used the angle of they are getting strict, so you better go now + showed videos of successful attempts of getting over the wall. 

Biden is to blame for not having a plan and not having better conditions for immigrants, but these groups are going to swindle and use whatever message they can to get theirs. 
so Trump released them back to their country 

not having a plan?  give me a break, of course he has a plan:

The Biden administration has rolled back a number of Trump-era policies which kept migrants out of the U.S., even as increasing numbers of migrants flooded to the border. Of those, the most significant was the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) -- which kept migrants in Mexico as they awaited their hearings. The Biden administration has ended the program and has been processing migrants enrolled into the program into the U.S.

@shadrapdoing great work in here.  Biden and the Democrats created this mess.  We were told it was temporary and part of the annual spring migration.  That was nonsense.  As the surge continued the Republican leaders in Texas and Fox News kept the issue in the limelight, forcing Kamala to finally act.  The only reason the Biden Administration acted was because Democrat strategists knew they were vulnerable on the issue.  

so Trump released them back to their country 

not having a plan?  give me a break, of course he has a plan:

The Biden administration has rolled back a number of Trump-era policies which kept migrants out of the U.S., even as increasing numbers of migrants flooded to the border. Of those, the most significant was the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) -- which kept migrants in Mexico as they awaited their hearings. The Biden administration has ended the program and has been processing migrants enrolled into the program into the U.S.
What I meant is a step 2 to that.   I get that he wanted to reverse some of the previous policies, but not having a plan on what to do with the expected # of people coming across for a variety of reasons was a big failure.  A big part of that would be to attempt to have better facilities for them at the least - since that was a complaint on the previous administration.  

ETA:  many are still getting denied and turned back.  The big one the reversed was allowing kids without parents and families with really young kids.   

Last edited by a moderator:

This has been said more than a trillion times here, and it gets ignored or downplayed constantly. It's insane.

@shadrapdoing great work in here.  Biden and the Democrats created this mess.  We were told it was temporary and part of the annual spring migration.  That was nonsense.  As the surge continued the Republican leaders in Texas and Fox News kept the issue in the limelight, forcing Kamala to finally act.  The only reason the Biden Administration acted was because Democrat strategists knew they were vulnerable on the issue.  
Biden should not have dumped this into the lap of Harris, but she did make a strong statement yesterday.  Possibly looking towards building a resume for 2024 for being tough on illegal immigration.

Biden should not have dumped this into the lap of Harris, but she did make a strong statement yesterday.  Possibly looking towards building a resume for 2024 for being tough on illegal immigration.

Actually, in terms of political strategy, Biden should dump all of this on Kamala Harris' plate.

In most cases, a POTUS contender will not split their ticket with someone who can actually threaten their standing and position and potential for reelection.

Nikki Haley will look a lot harder at Dan Crenshaw in 2024 to be her Vice President than Ron De Santis. De Santis can actually threaten to become POTUS one day. He's valuable in his current position to hold Florida and provide a counter narrative against both the pandemic and the Border Crisis pathetic spin used by the left leaning MSM. Crenshaw gives her the military vote and he's close to impossible to "cancel"  He also gives her actual policy and tactical experience in terms of the coming war with China. But Crenshaw is no longer in a position to take the ticket by himself. And, critically, he appeals immediately to Trump's MAGA base and to rural white Christian America.

Harris can actually challenge Biden for POTUS. She openly said in the primary debates that she believes he sexually assaulted women and he's a racist. And you want my real opinion? He's actually a racist. She's not wrong. Anyone here can disagree, but his entire track record with Black America is horrific. I'm pretty sure Biden speaking glowingly about KKK leader Robert Byrd would have gotten lots of other people cancelled. But hey, it's (D)ifferent.

Biden and Harris are only on the same "side" when they line up against Trump or the GOP or AOC's Progressives. Internally, they have no reason to do each other any favors.

It doesn't even have to be hard to tank her. Simply put Kamala Harris in a position where she is FORCED to engage the press on an issue even the left leaning propaganda MSM can't hide for her. She's a terribly incompetent public speaker for her level of politics and current station. If someone wants to post a new thread with a video of her giving a speech, and asks me civilly, I can break down every last detail where she fails as an orator. I mean a complete crash and burn on a optically pathetic level.

Harris has no "resume". She was short listed with Gretchen Whitmer and Susan Rice for VP because she was a liberal black women, with the right aesthetic, at the time, given the current situation of the 2020 cycle. She was cast the way actors are cast in a movie. This movie was "Identity Politics - The Death Of Actual Freedom"  She wants to have a sequel in 2024 called "2 Identity 2 Politics - Your Children And Generations To Come Will Be Purified For Wrongthink"

If you look closely at the Identity Politics Playbook, a key component is the assignment of blame, not actual problem solving. Whites are so racist and it's their fault. Donald Trump is the reason why WW2, COVID19 and the failures of the Buffalo Bill in the Super Bowl happened. All police officers are racist bigots and murderers. If you are a Conservative and we don't like what you say, it's not our actions to be questioned, you need to be doxxed and lose your job. Did you speak up against us? So we need to go back 30-40 years in your life and find someone who kind of remembers you and then we can destroy your life, demonetize you, deplatform you and convince everyone you should be purified.

So why is it a surprise that Kamala Harris left with this steaming pile of ..... disaster and crisis that violates basic human dignity?

I get why Trump is a disaster zone all by his foot in mouth grifter self. But some of you voted for all of this madness. I don't blame the traditional liberals, they were dragged along for the brutal ride by some of you radical woked out simping cancel culture lefty zealots. So you get to eat all of it. You get to savor all the moments that you gloated while America died slowly all around you.

I get why Trump is a disaster zone all by his foot in mouth grifter self. But some of you voted for all of this madness. I don't blame the traditional liberals, they were dragged along for the brutal ride by some of you radical woked out simping cancel culture lefty zealots. So you get to eat all of it. You get to savor all the moments that you gloated while America died slowly all around you.
:goodposting:   Nailed it.

Lester Holt: Is there a reason you haven't been to the border to see what Americans are seeing?  

Harris: We've been to the border. We've been to the border. 

Holt: You haven't been to the border. 

Harris: Uh, uh, um, I'm in Guatemala.  I dont understand the point you're getting at. 

NBC cuts to own reporters at the border with horrible conditions, interviewing families and children stuck on the Mexico side.  

Harris: I've been working on this a very long time. 

Me:  :lol: No you havent. 

She's a disaster, what a joke. 

Lester Holt: Is there a reason you haven't been to the border to see what Americans are seeing?  

Harris: Uh, uh, um, I'm in Guatemala.  I dont understand the point you're getting at. 

NBC cuts to own reporters at the border with horrible conditions, interviewing families and children stuck on the Mexico side.  

I think you’re just mad because your buddies aren’t able to scam more cash off the government for your fake wall. 

She just might be more unlikeable than Hilary.  And I didn’t think that was possible.

Users who are viewing this thread