Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge.

9 minutes ago, tonydead said:

When pressed by NBC, yes NBC, that she hasn't visited the border Harris responded that she hasn't been to Europe either and she doesnt understand the point. 

:mellow:

Talk about tone deaf.  

I don’t think you’re tone deaf exactly. Just really really wrong about this subject. 

5 hours ago, Mile High said:

I'm guessing Biden.

I am guessing from watching Biden that he will be very fortunate to complete one term. No way he will be anywhere near capable at 82 years old.

• Like 2

A large majority of African Americans and Hispanics said they would vote for a presidential candidate who stood for strengthening our border security to reduce illegal immigration, a 2019 Harvard-Harris poll found. That shouldn't be surprising; illegal immigration has been tied to a 20-60 percent decrease in Black working-class wages. Another recent study suggested that immigration accounts for a third of the decline in the Black employment rate over the last 40 years. "Black Americans are more supportive of limiting immigration than any other bloc of the Democratic coalition. And Hispanics actually tend to be more concerned about illegal immigration than are whites or Blacks," the sociologist Musa al Gharbi reported.

You wouldn't know this to listen to the politicians and influencers of the Democratic Party—and not just from the progressive wing; when Democratic candidates running for the 2020 presidential nomination were asked if they would decriminalize illegal border crossing, almost all of them said yes.

Why? How did progressive leaders go from understanding that mass immigration is a de facto tax on the poor—as recently as six years ago—to casting it as the only morally defensible position, the only non-racist one?

1 hour ago, Summer Wheat said:

A large majority of African Americans and Hispanics said they would vote for a presidential candidate who stood for strengthening our border security to reduce illegal immigration, a 2019 Harvard-Harris poll found. That shouldn't be surprising; illegal immigration has been tied to a 20-60 percent decrease in Black working-class wages. Another recent study suggested that immigration accounts for a third of the decline in the Black employment rate over the last 40 years. "Black Americans are more supportive of limiting immigration than any other bloc of the Democratic coalition. And Hispanics actually tend to be more concerned about illegal immigration than are whites or Blacks," the sociologist Musa al Gharbi reported.

You wouldn't know this to listen to the politicians and influencers of the Democratic Party—and not just from the progressive wing; when Democratic candidates running for the 2020 presidential nomination were asked if they would decriminalize illegal border crossing, almost all of them said yes.

Why? How did progressive leaders go from understanding that mass immigration is a de facto tax on the poor—as recently as six years ago—to casting it as the only morally defensible position, the only non-racist one?

Harvard-Harris is an online poll and like any online poll has credibility issues and should not be taken too seriously. 

15 hours ago, timschochet said:

I don’t think you’re tone deaf exactly. Just really really wrong about this subject. 

Can we at least acknowledge it's a bad look for the VP to act like she's just completely ignorant on what the point is?

If you don't think you need to go to the border, just educate me.  But to get on TV and pull the "I don't understand..." C'mon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jm192 said:

Can we at least acknowledge it's a bad look for the VP to act like she's just completely ignorant on what the point is?

If you don't think you need to go to the border, just educate me.  But to get on TV and pull the "I don't understand..." C'mon.

There is absolutely nothing that Kamala Harris could say on this subject that would please her opponents. It’s the Biden Administration’s policies they don’t like. 

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

There is absolutely nothing that Kamala Harris could say on this subject that would please her opponents. It’s the Biden Administration’s policies they don’t like. 

"I'm going to the border to see what everyone is so concerned about."

• Like 1

But furthermore @timschochet:

I'm more bothered by her playing dumb than I am her not going to the border.  Don't treat the American people like we're stupid.  Don't treat the reporter like he's stupid.  "I haven't been to Europe either."  What?  That's politician 101.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I'm more bothered by her playing dumb than I am her not going to the border.  Don't treat the American people like we're stupid.  Don't treat the reporter like he's stupid.  "I haven't been to Europe either."  What?  That's politician 101.  

to be fair she can't just come out and say Biden & her want all the illegal immigrants possible because according to polls most would vote for Dems.

This is what our country has come to.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jm192 said:

This.  It’s why people dislike her so much.  She is condescending mixed in with a little bit of false bravado.  And that laugh track she has… So bizarre. 

• Like 3

Just now, ekbeats said:

This.  It’s why people dislike her so much.  She is condescending mixed in with a little bit of false bravado.  And that laugh track she has… So bizarre. 

She feels like the condescending high school teacher.  If you're one of her favorites, she's nice and happy.  If you're not, you get the condescending/snarky still smiling and fake happy sounding tone--or what you saw with Lester Holt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Also is this just deflection?  Or do you not care that our 2nd highest ranking official just acted like the reporter and the American people are stupid and think that her not being in Europe is the same as not going to the border?

"Well, there is no answer that will make them happy, so it's ok if she plays dumb."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

May # are updated for those who care.  Up ever so slightly, but the trend is at least leveling off.  May was 180,034 encounters.  

:lmao:  "ever so slightly"

link

It's more likely what I've feared.  The CBP is saturated.  That's three months in a row with pretty much identical numbers.  Given the reports of the conditions at the border, even by MSM, it's not that they've stemmed the flow.  It's much more likely that the CBP has reached their max capacity for encounters and we really don't know what the numbers are.  Too many just walking across unencountered.  This is bad.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, tonydead said:

:lmao:  "ever so slightly"

link

It's more likely what I've feared.  The CBP is saturated.  That's three months in a row with pretty much identical numbers.  Given the reports of the conditions at the border, even by MSM, it's not that they've stemmed the flow.  It's much more likely that the CBP has reached their max capacity for encounters and we really don't know what the numbers are.  Too many just walking across unencountered.  This is bad.

Ever so slightly =  they were up just a couple K from the previous month.  You know, less than 1% increase. 

Love the new spin basically saying now we can't trust these numbers and we don't know what the numbers are.  

Edited by KarmaPolice

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Ever so slightly =  they were up just a couple K from the previous month.  You know, less than 1% increase. 

Love the new spin basically saying now we can't trust these numbers and we don't know what the numbers are.  

I think the point is when a pipe bursts in your house, the water flowing after 30 minutes may have leveled off after that initial increase, but it's hardly a cause for celebration and it's certainly not a problem to ignore.

Edited by Shula-holic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

I think the point is when a pipe bursts in your house, the water flowing after 30 minutes may have leveled off after that initial increase, but it's hardly a cause for celebration and it's certainly not a problem to ignore.

you think I was celebrating it or saying to ignore it? I posted the numbers because it was just brought up, and said they were up slightly.  

46 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

It's not new:

On 5/11/2021 at 5:04 PM, tonydead said:

They are still processing 6K a day.  What I worry about is that the resources are saturated and that might mean more just walk on in that are never counted.

It's a matter of statistics vs. resources and what the powers to be do about it.  Note in previous years, like 2019, when numbers got near that high something was done about it.  Probably because people visited the border and listened to the CBP.  

1 hour ago, jm192 said:

Also is this just deflection?  Or do you not care that our 2nd highest ranking official just acted like the reporter and the American people are stupid and think that her not being in Europe is the same as not going to the border?

"Well, there is no answer that will make them happy, so it's ok if she plays dumb."

I really don’t care what she says, no. Not to the reporter. I care what she said to the Guatemalans. I didn’t like it. But I understand why she said it. 

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I really don’t care what she says, no. Not to the reporter. I care what she said to the Guatemalans. I didn’t like it. But I understand why she said it. 

At least you’re consistent. I mean , you didn’t care what Trump said to reporters either.

Wait, what ?

• Like 1

MSNBC reported that the newly installed and heighted border wall on the California southern border is causing illegals to take much more brazen and dangerous routes into the United States.  Smuggler boats racing to escape authorities, drownings, dangerous and cramped spaces in vehicles at the crossing, dropping from heights. 

Did they really mean that?   That's the definition of the border wall working.  :thumbup:

41 minutes ago, tonydead said:

MSNBC reported that the newly installed and heighted border wall on the California southern border is causing illegals to take much more brazen and dangerous routes into the United States.  Smuggler boats racing to escape authorities, drownings, dangerous and cramped spaces in vehicles at the crossing, dropping from heights. 

Did they really mean that?   That's the definition of the border wall working.  :thumbup:

It’s the definition of persistence. They will come. More will die along the way, sadly. But they won’t be deterred. They will risk everything to get here. 

11 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I see you trust MSNBC when you like what they say.  ;)

That's not how it works. I watch NBC Nightly every single night.  I also have several other news sources and determine for myself what I believe.  

But here is a tip - if it's a left leaning source being critical about a left position, it's more likely true than not.  In this case I already knew border walls work.  

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s the definition of persistence. They will come. More will die along the way, sadly. But they won’t be deterred. They will risk everything to get here. 

Less successful, even dieing is the definition of working, and a deterrent.  The news should get the word out more. Like this. 

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

You understand why she said "I haven't been to Europe either, I don't understand your point?"  Me too.  She thought she'd give us some non-answer and no one would question it.  

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 5:25 PM, ekbeats said:

Right on cue she snaps again.

I think I’ve figured out the behavior that irritates me the most.  It’s the nodding of the head up and down when she talks.  Like nails on a chalkboard.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

45 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

I think I’ve figured out the behavior that irritates me the most.  It’s the nodding of the head up and down when she talks.  Like nails on a chalkboard.

Trump snapped at everyone. You guys lapped it up as him being alpha and putting people in their place. A woman does it, and it is nails on a chalkboard.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, the moops said:

Trump snapped at everyone. You guys lapped it up as him being alpha and putting people in their place. A woman does it, and it is nails on a chalkboard.

Reading is fundamental.

2 hours ago, ekbeats said:

But Trump!

:lol:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, the moops said:

The nodding of the head makes a sound like nails on a chalkboard?

Reading is fundamental.

3 hours ago, ekbeats said:

Nails on a chalkboard are irritating.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, timschochet said:

She’s receiving the exact same treatment as Hillary and Nancy Pelosi. Even the language is the same. 

Unlikeable is unlikeable, regardless of whether it’s a woman, minority, Muslim…. So sad you guys only see the world from the myopic view of  identity politics. 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, the moops said:

Which is funny, because when Trump did it you couldn't stand it.  But now that woman's doing it suddenly she's an alpha and putting people in their place.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, timschochet said:

She’s receiving the exact same treatment as Hillary and Nancy Pelosi. Even the language is the same. 

Suck it up, buttercup.  You wanted to be equal to men - well welcome to the club.  You don't get any breaks because your a woman.

You asked for it - you got it!  :thumbup:

Edited by BladeRunner

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

Suck it up, buttercup.  You wanted to be equal to men - well welcome to the club.  You don't get any breaks because you're a woman now.

You asked for it - you got it!  :thumbup:

Lol.  They don’t want equality.  That much is clear.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Which is funny, because when Trump did it you couldn't stand it.  But now that woman's doing it suddenly she's an alpha and putting people in their place.

I made no such comment about her. I find any politician who is short with people who are just asking questions and trying to do their job to be distasteful. Sure, sometimes the reporters ask for it, and that was the case many times with Trump. I saw no such reason in this instance for her to be as snappy as she was