Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge.

5 hours ago, tonydead said:

Child trafficking, illegal gun trade.  More money equals more assassinations, kidnappings, thefts, and extortions to gain as much control of the Mexican government as possible.  If you don't want to shut down the border for America, do it for Mexico.  

But that's what I posted.  The stuff I read pointed to the previous policies increasing the $ going to these criminals because of the increased probability of getting sent back, they would charge for multiple attempts up front.  On top of that the places where the people were getting pooled together in makeshift cities across the border were prime targets for rapes, grabbing kids, kidnappings, etc..   

6 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

But that's what I posted.  The stuff I read pointed to the previous policies increasing the $ going to these criminals because of the increased probability of getting sent back, they would charge for multiple attempts up front.  On top of that the places where the people were getting pooled together in makeshift cities across the border were prime targets for rapes, grabbing kids, kidnappings, etc..   

Back when you were ignoring the 500 billion dollar drug smuggling?  

This is as simple as it gets.  You want to hamstring the cartel, shut down the border.  Period, the end.  No fantasy liberal land where the previous guy did it worse than you despite the numbers.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Back when you were ignoring the 500 billion dollar drug smuggling?  

This is as simple as it gets.  You want to hamstring the cartel, shut down the border.  Period, the end.  No fantasy liberal land where the previous guy did it worse than you despite the numbers.  

It was old, but I was reading a BBC article that said upwards of 95% of drugs were coming in through waterways, not the border.  Is that wrong or has something changed in the last couple years?

I find it hard to believe that criminals operating an illegal 500B operation would get deterred too much by what is going on at the border.  Any stats on a decent decrease in drugs coming into the US from 2016-2020?

5 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

It was old, but I was reading a BBC article that said upwards of 95% of drugs were coming in through waterways, not the border.  Is that wrong or has something changed in the last couple years?

I find it hard to believe that criminals operating an illegal 500B operation would get deterred too much by what is going on at the border.  Any stats on a decent decrease in drugs coming into the US from 2016-2020?

:lmao:

a) The border doesn't stop at the water.

b) Your article was about drugs from South America and how it's moved from air to water.

c) We are talking about the Mexican cartels.

d) You don't think deterrents work?  You're more of a positive reinforcement type guy?  Maybe if you ask them nicely. 

Love the positive, fruitful back and forth as always, Tony. 

Eta: the border has never been high on my radar, so appreciate the feedback, and I probably have more reading to do.  

Edited by KarmaPolice

54 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Love the positive, fruitful back and forth as always, Tony. 

Eta: the border has never been high on my radar, so appreciate the feedback, and I probably have more reading to do.  

Yet you have how many posts in this thread?  :lmao:  Yep, the most, more than anyone else.  Can't make this stuff up, well, you can.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Yet you have how many posts in this thread?  :lmao:  Yep, the most, more than anyone else.  Can't make this stuff up, well, you can.

I frequent topics I want to learn about more, get more back an forth on, and haven't formed a hard stance on.  here, trans issues, guns, etc.    I would guess a lot of my posts are in those threads.  I don't spend a ton of time on abortion, climate control, drugs, etc.   

Thanks again for the conversation. 

12 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

I frequent topics I want to learn about more, get more back an forth on, and haven't formed a hard stance on.  here, trans issues, guns, etc.    I would guess a lot of my posts are in those threads.  I don't spend a ton of time on abortion, climate control, drugs, etc.   

Thanks again for the conversation. 

How do you learn something by dominating the conversation?  Without listening?  You havent learned a damn thing in this thread, it's the same uninformed gotcha BS everyday with you. .

Lets be real. You live in here. Find other hobbies, go outside once in a while. 

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

How do you learn something by dominating the conversation?  Without listening?  You havent learned a damn thing in this thread, it's the same uninformed gotcha BS everyday with you. .

Lets be real. You live in here. Find other hobbies, go outside once in a while. 

Just because I post a bit, doesn't mean I am not trying to absorb other posts/points/views.   Because of this thread I've read quite a few things I wouldn't have if not engaging in here and seeked out some interesting pods.   I don't get as much out of threads that I have already formed an opinion on a topic.  

I have 9 more posts than you in here, but as always - I appreciate the positive constructive criticism.  

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

Just because I post a bit, doesn't mean I am not trying to absorb other posts/points/views.   Because of this thread I've read quite a few things I wouldn't have if not engaging in here and seeked out some interesting pods.   I don't get as much out of threads that I have already formed an opinion on a topic.  

I have 9 more posts than you in here, but as always - I appreciate the positive constructive criticism.  

Right, perfect example.

One of us has vastly more, direct first hand experience at the border.  The other free admits it's never even been very high on their radar.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

It's not just this thread either

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Right, perfect example.

One of us has vastly more, direct first hand experience at the border.  The other free admits it's never even been very high on their radar.  

Exactly.   That's why I am in here reading people's posts.    Me saying it's not high on my radar means it's very low on my list of things I think about when I am going out to vote, but it's still a topic I have interest in and want to keep digging into.   

1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

Exactly.   That's why I am in here reading people's posts.    Me saying it's not high on my radar means it's very low on my list of things I think about when I am going out to vote, but it's still a topic I have interest in and want to keep digging into.   

Never mind, it's pretty clear you're not listening.   

Hint: You've referred to yourself 13 times in the last two posts.  We get it, it's all about you.  You just keep gunning for the defender of all things left posting award.   It's what you do.  :thumbup:

Just now, tonydead said:

Never mind, it's pretty clear you're not listening.   

Hint: You've referred to yourself 13 times in the last two posts.  We get it, it's all about you.  You just keep gunning for the defender of all things left posting award.   It's what you do.  :thumbup:

As long as we are going down the road of positive back and forth and constructive criticism, I will offer up that I have posted multiple times that I believe Biden screwed up bigly by jumping into this year without a plan to deal with the influx.  Also have said I don't believe either side is doing it right or seem to serious about fixing the problem.   So if we want to build on this back and forth, could you please follow your own advice and actually read my posts you can represent my views accurately?   TIA, GB.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

As long as we are going down the road of positive back and forth and constructive criticism, I will offer up that I have posted multiple times that I believe Biden screwed up bigly by jumping into this year without a plan to deal with the influx.  Also have said I don't believe either side is doing it right or seem to serious about fixing the problem.   So if we want to build on this back and forth, could you please follow your own advice and actually read my posts you can represent my views accurately?   TIA, GB.  

Me me me:

Just saying in this day and age with technology, there's not much she couldn't have done in DC vs going and standing at the border!  :lmao:

Momala Defender Award post of the year?

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

Me me me:

Just saying in this day and age with technology, there's not much she couldn't have done in DC vs going and standing at the border!  :lmao:

Momala Defender Award post of the year?

I still stand by that.  I don't think as a politician you need to go physically stand at the border to talk to people with knowledge and insight and to problem solve the situation.   It's more of photo op, and I understand the reason to do so on that side of thing, and for sure there is optics of promoting a level of if you are taking it seriously or not.  

I don't like Harris much at all, and voted for that pair begrudgingly and because I am in a battleground state.  

Good back and forth, Tony - giving me a lot to think about today.  

If anybody is interested, I re-listened and tracked down links to the pod and article that Gladwell was talking about

Podcast link

Interesting pod about Gen. Chapman, his return from Vietnam and his focus on the southern border (and the ramifications). 

Paper link

I will admit that my mind scrambles a bit while reading this stuff.   The long and short of it is that when they studied all the data, the conclusion was that despite a 20x increase in spending and 4x increase in patrolling the border, the undocumented population rose 4x in the years cited ('86-'08).   At the end they use the data points to estimate if we would have take the more lax approach before that, the undocumented population would be about 2/3rds what it is now, because we cut off and made too dangerous their ability to go back home.  

Also interesting the difference in perspectives.  another pod I was listening to was talking about how some people on the left are grumpy with Biden because he didn't lift all of Trumps policies and we are turning too many asylum seekers away.   In here you'd think we were letting anyone in and the bordersare 100% open.  

3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Also interesting the difference in perspectives.  another pod I was listening to was talking about how some people on the left are grumpy with Biden because he didn't lift all of Trumps policies and we are turning too many asylum seekers away.   In here you'd think we were letting anyone in and the bordersare 100% open.  

Uhm, yeah, we are: https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-immigrants-kristi-noem-southern-border-national-guard

Or, more correctly, the Biden administration is.

2 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

If we are going to ship these people everywhere in the country can we vaccinate them after they stagger across the border

0 clue why we wouldn't vaccinate any we are processing and letting in the country.  especially since we are at a point where people here don't want it.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

July Border arrests reach highest level since 2000

Customs and Border Protection apprehended more than 176,000 migrants from July 1-28, according to preliminary data obtained by CNN -- marking the highest number of arrests in July since at least 2000.

The latest border arrest data represents a continuing challenge for the Biden administration, which has struggled with a rise in unlawful border crossings that have accelerated since President Joe Biden took office. 

"We certainly have a challenge at the border," Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said Monday during an interview on MSNBC. 

The rising numbers come amid the hottest weeks of the summer, putting migrants in dangerous and sometimes deadly circumstances.

11 minutes ago, shadrap said:

Evidence of the Biden administration's "purposeful" failure is a 2019 editorial in the Moonies' paper?

1 hour ago, shadrap said:

Wow.    Leadership of this country has so much work to do.   What a mess.  

3 hours ago, kodycutter said:

July Border arrests reach highest level since 2000

Customs and Border Protection apprehended more than 176,000 migrants from July 1-28, according to preliminary data obtained by CNN -- marking the highest number of arrests in July since at least 2000.

The latest border arrest data represents a continuing challenge for the Biden administration, which has struggled with a rise in unlawful border crossings that have accelerated since President Joe Biden took office. 

"We certainly have a challenge at the border," Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said Monday during an interview on MSNBC. 

The rising numbers come amid the hottest weeks of the summer, putting migrants in dangerous and sometimes deadly circumstances.

Try more like 213,000.

Graph is going in the wrong direction Momala!  We broke the 200K barrier!

Complete

And

Utter

Disaster

She defines failure.

21 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Record #s!!!  Tony must be happy.  ;)

on a serious note, I think it's telling I haven't heard #### about any sort of plan they might have the border.  

they have a plan and it's working.  release as many illegal aliens as possible regardless if have covid or not for future votes to get elected or re-elected.  votes over the good of the country.  

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

6 hours ago, shadrap said:

they have a plan and it's working.  release as many illegal aliens as possible regardless if have covid or not for future votes to get elected or re-elected.  votes over the good of the country.  

:yawn:

So bored of that response. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2021 at 5:47 PM, KarmaPolice said:

1/2 the people here probably weren't even posting when Katrina happened.  

Oh, man.  What memories - and not good ones.  I think I posted here 24 hours before it hit to pray for my hometown.  I don't think I've ever felt as helpless as before that storm.

Cleaning up after - I don't think I'll ever view a whole turkey the same way ever again.  :X

On 8/12/2021 at 12:27 PM, shadrap said:

But but we were told immigrants are a net positive to the economy..

12 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

:yawn:

So bored of that response. 

I'm not fond of posting that either but it's painfully true.  posts about how to fix the border, ad nauseam  when everyone knows that with this administration they want illegal aliens & the main reason is not for their contribution to our country, but rather their contribution at the ballot box.

• Laughing 1

10 hours ago, stlrams said:

But but we were told immigrants are a net positive to the economy..

They are...as has been shown many times over with plenty of sources.

13 minutes ago, Sand said:

Biggest lie from government from the last few decades.

Id love for you to disprove this if it is such a big lie.  Myself and others have shown multiple links showing it to be the case over the years.

• Laughing 1

13 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Id love for you to disprove this if it is such a big lie.  Myself and others have shown multiple links showing it to be the case over the years.

Well if Kelly Sadler the communications director of America First, the official super PAC for President Donald J. Trumps 2020 re-election bid, said it, in a analysis/ opinion piece in the Washington Times, it must be true.

Edited by Mile High

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

I could be wrong but believe 1st generation immigrants are a drag and it’s not until 2nd generation that it’s positive but feel free to link studies saying otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, stlrams said:

I could be wrong but believe 1st generation immigrants are a drag and it’s not until 2nd generation that it’s positive but feel free to link studies saying otherwise. 

I haven’t said otherwise.  The point is…overall a net positive.  Cant get to the 2nd generation without the first..

• Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I haven’t said otherwise.  The point is…overall a net positive.  Cant get to the 2nd generation without the first..

You certainly did.  You said immigrants are a net positive when only 1st generation are immigrants.  Once you are born in this country you are consider a citizen and no longer an immigrant.  

1 hour ago, stlrams said:

You certainly did.  You said immigrants are a net positive when only 1st generation are immigrants.  Once you are born in this country you are consider a citizen and no longer an immigrant.  

That isn't what the studies are going for either...so Im not going to sit and play your semantics game.

Good day.

https://azgovernor.gov/governor/news/2021/08/governor-ducey-calls-homeland-security-secretary-mayorkas-resignation

PHOENIX — Governor Doug Ducey today called for the resignation of Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas following explosive leaked comments in which Mayorkas called the border crisis “unsustainable,” said “these numbers cannot continue” and said “if our borders are the first line of defense, we're going to lose.”

“A defeatist is not what we need when it comes to fighting for border security,” Governor Ducey said in response. 

This comes after months of failures at the border by the Biden-Harris administration, whose misguided policies and botched communication have created this crisis and led to the largest number of illegal immigrant encounters at the southern border in 21 years.

Mayorkas also said he was “very well” aware that portions of the border came close to “breaking” recently, according to news reports. “We can't continue like this, our people in the field can't continue and our system isn't built for it,” Mayorkas reportedly said......

4 hours ago, shadrap said:

I'm not fond of posting that either but it's painfully true.  posts about how to fix the border, ad nauseam  when everyone knows that with this administration they want illegal aliens & the main reason is not for their contribution to our country, but rather their contribution at the ballot box.

It's not the only reason.

Ron DeSantis is the kind of GOP counter narrative to the pandemic that the entire DNC does not want. He made it a point to be well versed on the science behind COVID19. People can argue if they feel he's making the right decisions for Florida or not, but he's clearly an open counter narrative and there's not much to cancel him on regarding basic identity politics and intersectionality.  De Santis is more likely a 2028 POTUS contender than a 2024 one. But 2024 is a long way off and maybe something shakes up that pushes De Santis above Haley. I don't see it, I don't see De Santis amassing that many delegates that quickly, but he's the most pressing long term threat coming from the GOP that has the pull to get exponential growth of his base the fastest. Haley is slow and steady, De Santis offers a threat assessment of a one man political tidal wave.

Greg Abbott has been courting and getting businesses to come to Texas and leaving Blue strongholds. That's jobs and big chunks of a tax base. While he's not the same threat that De Santis is for POTUS, clearly the radical left side of the aisle wants his pin pulled too.

Flooding the southern border will also flood Red strongholds, particularly in critical areas with large numbers of natural electoral votes, with the felons, child molesters, rapists, murderers, thieves, grifters, cartel members, drug dealers, those with severe mental health issues and worse into those areas. They'll be undocumented and there's no way to process them as they inflict COVID19 and all manners of crime/violence that will attempt to destabilize the GOP at critical junctures in their law enforcement and social services systems. I recognize, outside of this criminal element, many people crossing the border just want a better life for themselves and their kids and many are just regular every day people who want and need help. But they are being shuffled in quickly and  being essentially bribed with tax dollars and citizenship to become legacy voters for the Democratic Party.

Why would the power brokers at DNC HQ, the DNC Super Delegates and the core silent cabal behind the Obama/Biden/Harris regime do this?  Well, it's already proven they will allow rioting and looting to go unchecked to protect the Progressive and radical extrem left and BLM voting blocks. Did they care about those small business owners, many of them minorities, who were locked down and choked out and then were crushed by rioting and looting and any outcry would get them labeled as racists and bigots?

Tax dollars, yours and mine, to buy new voters, many riddled with COVID19, to overwhelm Red strongholds while allowing child molesters and rapists into the southern border.

Is there anything more insulting than seizing your hard work, blood and sweat, paid as tax dollars, to help fund more COVID19 into America, and to threaten many regular everyday Americans with murderers, child molesters, rapists, criminals, deviants and drug dealers right at their doorstep?