What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (3 Viewers)

What are you basing this opinion on?  Number of jobs available?  Number of schools with open seats?  Or are you just stating an opinion with no factual backing?
I'd say the noticeable dip in fertility as well as the clamping down on the border.  It's rather clear we were sustaining growth projections while those two things were significantly higher than they are today.  With them both decreasing, it's logical to suggest we have room.  My :2cents:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again...what was most criticized about Trump was separating kids.   That has changed.
Did you bother to click on the link and scroll down ?

“Many of the children were visibly emotional, Desai said, especially siblings of different genders who had been separated.”

“The migrant children Desai spoke to also said they had been denied phone calls to communicate with family members. "They were hysterically crying, wanting to talk to their family," she said.”

Did you bother to click on the link and scroll down ?

“Many of the children were visibly emotional, Desai said, especially siblings of different genders who had been separated.”

“The migrant children Desai spoke to also said they had been denied phone calls to communicate with family members. "They were hysterically crying, wanting to talk to their family," she said.”
There was no link in what I replied to.  If you are talking about the cbs link...I suggest you watch the video in it and see again its talking about unaccompanied minors vs separating families.  Siblings separated (in what you quoted) vs pulling from adults :

Just saw attempted crossings up 177% under Biden. It’s really sad we have an administration that doesn’t have any interest in enforcing simple rules and not fair to those that did it the right way. Sad.  
What’s really sad is the treatment of the children and non-outrage by certain people who only care when a republican in office.  

So you’re ok with showering once a week, not seeing the sun for days , crowding
I don't believe anything in my post stated I was ok with that.

Ive stated this has been bungled by the administration thus far.  I was pointing out the differences in why the Trump policy got a lot more bad press. Because it was different...and yes it was worse.

Ive stated this has been bungled by the administration thus far.  I was pointing out the differences in why the Trump policy got a lot more bad press. Because it was different...and yes it was worse.
In your opinion, does the way these children are being treated at our border deserve more bad press than its getting ?

What’s really sad is the treatment of the children and non-outrage by certain people who only care when a republican in office.  
One bucket of unreasonable and agenda driven people only care when democrats are in power. Another bucket of unreasonable and agenda driven people only care when Republicans are in power. Reasonable people don't care what either group has to say and understand the problem will persist until the collective makes policy reform a priority. 

One bucket of unreasonable and agenda driven people only care when democrats are in power. Another bucket of unreasonable and agenda driven people only care when Republicans are in power. Reasonable people don't care what either group has to say and understand the problem will persist until the collective makes policy reform a priority. 
Yeah, we know.  It's pretty evident in this thread.

Seems it is getting press.  But sure...should get more.

I think some here are overblowing how much it was talked about with Trump because some are a bit more sensitive to such criticism of their guy.
I disagree.

Trump was never my guy, and I remember the folks that haven’t commented at all about this in the PSF going on and on about it when Trump was in office 

No you never address it which is very telling. Was it worst when children were kept in cages during Obama administration? 

Yeah, we know.  It's pretty evident in this thread.
You didn't read the next line did you...you are proving him right beyond the first line of the post.

Some of us can call out when things are wrong no matter who is POTUS.

In this case...the administration has messed this up.  I have more confidence they will do better...and end poor policies (rather than continue them).

I also believe that this administration is not doing these things on purpose.  Whereas the previous one admitted some things were done on purpose to send a message that people should not try coming here illegally.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions: "If you cross this border unlawfully, then we will prosecute you. It's that simple. ... If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law. If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Sessions on whether the policy is a deterrent: "Yes, hopefully people will get the message and come through the border at the port of entry and not break across the border unlawfully."
https://www.npr.org/2018/06/19/621065383/what-we-know-family-separation-and-zero-tolerance-at-the-border

No you never address it which is very telling. Was it worst when children were kept in cages during Obama administration? 
Address what...I have addressed it.  I have stated this is not going well.

Obama...again, you are bringing up that.  And again the difference is the child separation policy which was a Trump thing.  Which is what got a ton of press.  As it should have.

Kids going weeks without showers.  While still not good now...7 days is an improvement over weeks, isn't it?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/bad-sheer-inhumanity-detention-conditions-migrants-worse-under-trump-advocates-n1025961

And we should be even better...right now we are not.

Still not a crisis. Kids still being separated and smuggleed in at an alarming rate. Cartels having a field day. Apprehended 100,000 in February, which was up 28% from previous month. I guess that would be considered caravan-esq. Nothing to see here folks. Joe's got it all under control.

Once again...what was most criticized about Trump was separating kids.   That has changed.
Right - now they are separated in Mexico so they can come in as unaccompanied minors.  And 1/3rd of the females are sexually assaulted along the way. 

Right - now they are separated in Mexico so they can come in as unaccompanied minors.  And 1/3rd of the females are sexually assaulted along the way. 
The solution is not to force them to do this. Let them in as families and then we won’t have this problem. 

Yeah and that happens and sucks.  Umm...but what is the solution that n our end?   Because that also isnt some new issue.  And turning them away will lead to even worse treatment in Mexico, wouldn’t you think?

Yeah and that happens and sucks.  Umm...but what is the solution that n our end?   Because that also isnt some new issue.  And turning them away will lead to even worse treatment in Mexico, wouldn’t you think?
The best solution is to try and deter the journey from being made.  It's not perfect, and some will always attempt it, but the increase in volume only adds to the suffering.

Apply for asylum in Mexico. You know, the policy that was working just fine for many months.  But I get it - it was a Trump policy so we must undo it.

The best solution is to try and deter the journey from being made.  It's not perfect, and some will always attempt it, but the increase in volume only adds to the suffering.
And what is the deterrent to those already willing to risk violence and death to get here?

Apply for asylum in Mexico. You know, the policy that was working just fine for many months.  But I get it - it was a Trump policy so we must undo it.
I dint think Mexico agrees that it was going well for them either.  And there was still assaults and violence.

It seems as if the wait in Mexico policy resulted in a reduced volume based on the numbers we are seeing today.  
Sure. Did it mean a reduced volume of kids in danger or sexual assaults.  Or just more...well its their problem...out of sight out of mind?

Sure. Did it mean a reduced volume of kids in danger or sexual assaults.  Or just more...well its their problem...out of sight out of mind?
Are you saying there are the same number of assaults under both programs?  You do realize that the remain in Mexico policy resulted in much fewer people trying to come into America and thus fewer numbers going through Mexico.  They just applied for asylum in their home countries.

Do you know the percentage of asylum seekers who are ultimately judged by our immigration courts to have valid cases?  It’s 13%. The rest are gaming the system to bypass legal immigration.  

When children travel hundreds of miles to reach the United States without their families, in the hands of criminals in the 21st century that’s a tragedy we all must take responsibility for.

They rely on very dangerous, not-nice, human smuggling networks that transport them through Central America and Mexico to the United States. These smugglers — and everyone should know it, and not turn a blind eye to it — these smugglers routinely engage in physical and sexual abuse, and extortion of these innocent, young women

A 10 year old kid doesnt wake up one day and say "I'm going to walk to America" There's an adult behind each one of them. It needs to be stopped.

A 10 year old kid doesnt wake up one day and say "I'm going to walk to America" There's an adult behind each one of them. It needs to be stopped.
It won't be, not with Democrats in charge.  It has been determined that illegal immigration is the way to change the demographics of key southern states, especially Texas, and make them Democratic.   Game, set, match.  Nothing else matters.  If that goal can't be done legally it will be done this way.  

Users who are viewing this thread