What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (2 Viewers)

I get that compared to Trump anything was going to look better.  But that doesn’t mean Biden is doing a good job.  He has completely mismanaged this issue from day one. and he really should have known better.  Disappointing to say the least.

It's not that difficult. 

1- Equal treatment is a foundation of who we are. 

2- Has the potential to really mess up travel plans. 
You couldn't have possibly typed this with a straight face...ESPECIALLY #1  :lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:
The Commish said:
No....I understand that. Its just curious to me why that segment of the population cares.....about any of it. 
People who think its "justaflu" dont want to be forced to be tested. It seems like that population would care more than any.

But you sure do have a hard time with opinions that don’t match yours apparently, sorry to see that. 
When it is a completely biased opinion, I do have an issue with it.

Seriously, would you have expected Ben Carson to say anything else besides the Trump Administration,of which he was a part of, has been vindicated? Did he ever criticize Trump or his policies while Trump was in office? It would have been shocking and breaking news if Carson now said anything that wasn't favorable. 

When it is a completely biased opinion, I do have an issue with it.

Seriously, would you have expected Ben Carson to say anything else besides the Trump Administration,of which he was a part of, has been vindicated? Did he ever criticize Trump or his policies while Trump was in office? It would have been shocking and breaking news if Carson now said anything that wasn't favorable. 
You must have been furious reading this forum the past 5 years, don’t let it get to you too much. 

Sticking up for the administration <> agreeing with what's going on at the border.   The centers are for sure not built to house and deal with this influx of kids and we are seeing the ramifications.  
We were doing fine 6 months ago.  Until they were ready to deal with the influx they shouldn't have opened the borders.

We were doing fine 6 months ago.  Until they were ready to deal with the influx they shouldn't have opened the borders.
Of course that's up for debate.   I get not wanting to release minors without parents into a country they aren't from.   That is the major change from 6 months ago.  For sure they should have been more prepared for an influx.  

The sad part is they just don’t care, otherwise the preparation you mentioned would have happened. They have absolutely no problem with the laws being broken.  

The sad part is they just don’t care, otherwise the preparation you mentioned would have happened. They have absolutely no problem with the laws being broken.  
just don't care = votes.  so MORE "just don't care" = MORE votes.

It was all part of the plan.  And, believe me, this was always the plan.  This ain't by accident.

It wasn’t this disaster or even close. This is what happens with the party that doesn’t care about laws at the border. 
Of course it wasn't. Rather than working with the problem the last group plugged the sink and ignored it, making it a building problem for whoever decided to remove the plug after they left. 

They failed. This group is failing. Same as it ever was. No reasonable person should take anyone pointing the finger at the other seriously on this subject. Doing that will not fix the problem and is done in bad faith whether they realize it or not. 

Of course it wasn't. Rather than working with the problem the last group plugged the sink and ignored it, making it a building problem for whoever decided to remove the plug after they left. 

They failed. This group is failing. Same as it ever was. No reasonable person should take anyone pointing the finger at the other seriously on this subject. Doing that will not fix the problem and is done in bad faith whether they realize it or not. 
I get that you want that narrative but it's simply false. One group cared about border security and the other group doesn't. It's not the same. Sorry it doesn't reflect well on the party you always make excuses for. 

I get that you want that narrative but it's simply false. One group cared about border security and the other group doesn't. It's not the same. Sorry it doesn't reflect well on the party you always make excuses for. 
The last group was effective in not letting people cross the border, legally and illegally. They did not devote resources to hearing the demand for cases. They did not address the problem of those that already crossed. 

I think that is failed policy, much like what is currently ongoing. The ingredients changed as did the types of problems that result. This will continue until reformed. 

The last group was effective in not letting people cross the border, legally and illegally. They did not devote resources to hearing the demand for cases. They did not address the problem of those that already crossed. 

I think that is failed policy, much like what is currently ongoing. The ingredients changed as did the types of problems that result. This will continue until reformed. 
I love that the "doesn't fit your narrative" crew don't acknowledge that the policies in place are pretty much what the last administration had minus letting across unaccompanied minors, they are activating National Guard and FEMA, but somehow that = "not caring about the border" and "open borders".     

That's not excusing what is going on down there, but let's also not pretend that all of a sudden in 2 months there is nobody at the borders and people are crossing at will.  

So the policies aren’t pretty much the same ?
What I was going on was stuff like this BBC article.  

Under a pandemic-related health order called Title 42, the previous president's administration automatically deported anyone caught illegally crossing the border.

Mr Biden has only applied the order to adults and families, but not to unaccompanied children.

That was what I was referring to, and no - that does not equate to "open borders".  I assume the catch and release was also to help get the children out of the facilities faster?  

In United States immigration enforcement, "catch and release" refers to a practice of releasing a migrant to the community while he or she awaits hearings in immigration court, as an alternative to holding them in immigration detention.[1][2] The migrants whom U.S. immigration enforcement agencies have allowed to remain in the community pending immigrant hearings have been those deemed low risk,[3] such as children, families, and those seeking asylum.[4]

So if we didn't reverse all of Title 42, just for the kids, isn't this piggy-backing on attempting to get them out of the holding facilities faster?

I love that the "doesn't fit your narrative" crew don't acknowledge that the policies in place are pretty much what the last administration had minus letting across unaccompanied minors, they are activating National Guard and FEMA, but somehow that = "not caring about the border" and "open borders".     

That's not excusing what is going on down there, but let's also not pretend that all of a sudden in 2 months there is nobody at the borders and people are crossing at will.  
This isnt difficult. Last admin failed their test. This one is failing theirs. Oh and obama failed his. Until they get, facilities, lawyers and judges down there to process people, they will continue to fail.....admin after admin

And im old enough to remember when funding for facilities, agents, lawyers, judges and tech at our points of entry were flat out rejected because there was no money for a pointless wall.

ABC reporting that most single males and families being turned away from the boarder now.  :thumbup:

5,000 unaccompanied minors in custody, so many that one facilty is at 1,550% capacity.   :oldunsure:   First footage I've seen inside facilities too.  Disgusting.  

Nice work  Biden. 

The Commish said:
And im old enough to remember when funding for facilities, agents, lawyers, judges and tech at our points of entry were flat out rejected because there was no money for a pointless wall.
The dems cannot win this issue and cannot defend illegal immigration. The name says all that you need to know.  Trump fought for years to secure the border and was blasted for it by the liberal media and the dems.   Biden immediately decreased border security and implied that illegal immigrants were welcome.  And they are here.   

We are a nation of law and order.  The first step to controlling all immigration is to secure the borders.  The second step is to deport the illegal immigrants.    

The dems cannot win this issue and cannot defend illegal immigration. The name says all that you need to know.  Trump fought for years to secure the border and was blasted for it by the liberal media and the dems.   Biden immediately decreased border security and implied that illegal immigrants were welcome.  And they are here.   

We are a nation of law and order.  The first step to controlling all immigration is to secure the borders.  The second step is to deport the illegal immigrants.    
Trump fought for a pointless wall and flat out rejected lawyers, judges, border patrol agents, hightened security/technology at our points of entry and facilities......more than once

And no one should bring up trump and "law and order" in the same thought.  Not if they want to be taken seriously. Though i agree 100% that law and order should be our guide. 

Incidently, what did biden take away from exisiting resources?  Hadnt heard that yet. 

It’s comical to think any administration has done well with this issue - I will say that I’m not sure what the answer is but it’s not what Obama, Trump and Biden did or are doing.

Holy cow - Martha Raditz just eviscerated DHS Secretary Mayorkas on CBS This Morning.  Accuses him of knowing that this “largest surge in 20 years” was warned about how the Administration and asks how they could have mismanaged it so badly.  Also accuses he and Biden of giving mixed messages.  Of course Mayorkas someone blamed Trump for all this.  Very hard hitting and critical interview.

Just heard that 30,000 unaccompanied minors crossed the US border in February.  That is astounding.

CBS This Morning interviewed a couple migrants and both said the reason they came was because of Biden. One of them (a guy) said he never would have come when Trump was President.

Don’t attack the messenger here - I’m just relaying what I saw.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/11/us-mexico-border-kids-surge-february/

Biden jumped the gun and should have waited to reverse Trumps border actions in his first few days until they were prepared and had a new plan in place.  The border was ill prepared to handle what it going on now. There is no real plan right now and it is chaos. 

Biden jumped the gun and should have waited to reverse Trumps border actions in his first few days until they were prepared and had a new plan in place.  The border was ill prepared to handle what it going on now. There is no real plan right now and it is chaos. 
It was more important for him to erase Trump on Day 1.

It was more important for him to erase Trump on Day 1.
Well it is important to have forsight into potential problems and it appears Biden and his cabinet had none in this situation.  Planning is the key and could have prevented what it going on now.   They were ill prepared the results are proving to be disasterous.  The you have Psaki ducking every question and saying "Well we do have a challenge right now at the border and lets circle back later on that"

Sure...definitely agree there.  They messed this up "bigly".  No real excuse for it.

Users who are viewing this thread